/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 20th of June:
451 – Battle of Chalons: Flavius Aetius' battles Attila the Hun. After the battle, which was inconclusive, Attila retreats, causing the Romans to interpret it as a victory.
1837 – Queen Victoria succeeds to the British throne.
1895 – The Kiel Canal is officially opened.
1940 – World War II: Italy begins an unsuccessful invasion of France.
1942 – The Holocaust: Kazimierz Piechowski and three others, dressed as members of the SS-Totenkopfverbände, steal an SS staff car and escape from the Auschwitz concentration

>News
CK2 DD 55 - Nurture vs Nuisance
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-55-nurture-vs-nuisance.1030752/

EU4 DD 13/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-june-2017.1028783/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2 - 02/06/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdist_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

During the carlist wars
desu, cs.rin.ru, lots of places

BASED

Why can't we just have on new thread at 700 like every other fucking general?

white men

W&B

Based

the white one

Good strats for minors in HoI4?

help REEEEEEEEE I can't have multiple pop colours in my country

In EU4 there shouldn't be a strait between northern ireland and scotland, it makes no fucking sense

Hey, you seem to have forgotten to update the "Old Thread". The actual previous thread is in fact

Corbyn > May

>1942 – The Holocaust

Please don't post fictional events in the day in history section, thanks.

because of this mentally ill idiot

>only one (You)
ZOUNDS

wew he has a lot of proxies just r&i him

I voted SNP

Wow..Ha..Ha?

How do these Balkans look? Russia just finished BTFO'ing the turks, and gave Constantinople to Bulgaria.

Should I go ahead and puppet what's left of them?

Any interesting ideas for a new CK2 campaign? I'd like to continue it in to EU4.

SNP-Labour coalition when?

wow

anyway to get beta goi4 patch as non-buyer? ;^)

Right what is the worst start date and why is it 769? Fucking Franicablob.

whitey

When you win enough seats down in England.

Now rate my swiss blob lol

Because that's degeneracy. Stop spamming early threads

blanco es BASEDO

WHEN IS KAISERREICH FOR 1.4 RELEASED?

>blobbing unaesthetically
STOP

It's the only strait I know IRL and I know you can see from coast to coast on a clear day. Are the other straits in game much smaller IRL?

new eu xpac where
t. jew

Do I expand into the Livonian Order for access to the Daugava Estuary to solidify my grip on Baltic trade, or do I start eating into the Balkans to push back the Turk and work towards owning the entire Black Sea coastline?

>that Romania, Hungary and Ukraine
>that groBAlbaniums
Let it all burn

basedo es BLANCO

erase Bohemia

Livonian/balt region was never slav anyway

Can someone please explain this bullshit? I out-numbered the Japanese with not terrible equipment, on a hill, in a fort, behind a river and they kicked me out in less than a day of fighting. Fucking HOW? I expected that line to hold for at least two WEEKS!

WTF castille

Seriously though go for Livonia because if you don't Moscow will. Looks like there's a lot of pressure on every side of you so it's the most logical choice. Is Hungary under Austrian control?

How can one man be so white?

Play meme games, get memed on.

It's your punishment for not using NATO counters

Why does he walk towards us?

?etihw os eb nam eno nac woH

They added it because everyone was complaining that a unified UK would have "Great Britain" individually on Ireland and Britain instead of one big name over them all.
That's literally the only reason.

¿ǝʇiɥʍ os ǝq uɐɯ ǝuo uɐɔ ʍoH

Why is creating the Head of Religion for Catharism so fucking difficult? I, a relatively insignificant Irish king despite holding by far the largest Cathar kingdom in the world would still have to take over Jerusalem from the titular kingdom in order to ordain myself as head of Catharism.

Thank you very much for being absolutely no help whatsoever.

What makes it worse that I was winning the first couple of attacks easily, then seemingly nothing change and I got swept.

>this tiny shithole is somehow still a Great Power

wew

Hoʍ ɔɐu ouǝ ɯɐu qǝ so ʍɥiʇǝ¿

Answer the content of the post fucko

˙uɐɹouƃi ǝ ʇɹodǝɹ ǝnb lɐnƃi lɐ 'sɐɔuɐlq ʎ sɐuiʇuǝƃɹɐ uos sɐuiʌlɐW sɐ˥

>only have 500 industry more than that dwarf Germany
Lmao, how can Frenchies even compete?

W&B

HPM add this please
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdist_War

˥ɐs Wɐlʌiuɐs sou ɐɹƃǝuʇiuɐs ʎ qlɐuɔɐs' ɐl iƃnɐl bnǝ ɹǝdoɹʇ ǝ iƃuoɹɐu˙

Bohemia's got some nasty alliances so I'm probably going to wait until the Religious Leagues fire. I've got permanent claims on some of their land so Austria will probably be nice and let me have them.
Hungary and Austria are allied to each other, and both allied to me. Hungary and I have been double teaming the Ottomans for a while now, and according to my spies the Turks are about to DoW on Hungary again, which would call me in.
But I'm rocking +83% Cavalry Combat Ability with a full set of the new Cossack Cavalry in each of my stacks, so I'm not too concerned.

Castile has been getting shit on more often than not ever since the MoH patch.

Something iv learned on Hoi3, it's better to build a navy first, so once your fighting Britain, just keep intercepting. Their naval production can't keep up and they can't do shit besides annoy you with bombers ever so often.

In that case just wait it out and pummel turkman when you get the chance. Livonia won't stand a chance against you alone but you'll need all your strength to come out of a war with the Ottomans as good as you went into it.

Well, should I?

And further, how the fuck is THIS happening?! I've been dug in and prepared for over a MONTH! How the fuck are six of my divisions just sitting on their asses while the Japanese smear their chodes all over the fucking fortifications?!

Is there any point in keeping man o wars around in the 20th century?

industrial dismantlement when?

if you are having so much trouble with HoI4, I honestly believe you should just fucking kill yourself.

>building Man'o'Wars
Lad...

Hey laddos, I'm thinking of doing a Divergances AAR as a sort of test run here, maybe interactive. Would you be interested?

I'm thinking of starting as revolutionary England, specifically either England during a revolt against the Dual Monarchy which decided to favor France more, or even a Total Revolution against the DM.

It'll mainly be a writing exercise like AARanon, and I may use changeowner to make better/more sensible borders or make a story go along (not to my benefit, of course).

I do plan on trying to make it emotional.

>Is there any point in keeping man o wars around in the 20th century?
There's no point in having them, frigates are better in every single way.
And no, don't keep obsolete ships, cuz they take up space in your naval limit that could hold new shiny ships instead.

fucking hell half the thread just got deleted

That doesn't fucking tell me what I'm doing wrong, chucklefuck. How about you wipe off some of the smug you use to hide from the fact your parents never loved you and actually do something helpful with your waste of an existence?

>implying I built them

They've been around since the start date, I'm pretty sure. My only enemies have been those on land like NGF and Russia so I never really needed a navy other than to have more score until I took back Algeria. Now I'm gonna need one to dominate the Mediterranean.

>Richelieu
>Revanche
>Flandre

These ships do have some pretty based names though.

Does Franciablob stay forever in CK2?

only if you post rare tims

>starting at 769

delet yourselves

they will remove it in next DLC

>Anglos in charge of keeping government that still has at least 30+ ideological support

montravuti de vantesta cono tieremi tentavino BLANCO BLANCO BLANCO

Hover over the attack/defense modifiers to check for bonuses. Air superiority now gives up to a -30% to defense for the enemy. Also post your division composition

It usually dissolves into bordergore the moment Charlie kicks the bucket.
Gavelkind is a hell of a drug.

Is there any point in going Jefferson method other than being more American?

t.ory shill

Should I go full 1488?

good meme

Going pretty good so far.
But the ottomans haven't come yet, I hope I don't get a rude awakening.

Is that even a question?

I'd be interested, I'll keep an eye on it and participate if you do make it interactive.

t. AARnon

>implying

Fuck off

>janny actually deleting al the steamcordplaza shitposts
Based

Please respond.

having a unique voting system

>Morocco

Thoughts?

THANK you! Finally, someone who actually wants to be helpful! You have no idea how glad I am to see that.

No major alterations to my attack or defence in this battle. Enemy air support gives me like a -6.4% to my defence value but that's negligible. I'd just like to know why the hell the rest of my forces in the region aren't actually getting off their asses to fight.

I'll post the light infantry and line troops in a second.

In game it makes very little difference.

In reality, yes absolutely, The "Jefferson Method" is used in modern-day Europe (although not in modern day America) to create a proportional voting system that results in a parliament/congress that reflects the views of the public accurately rather than forcing them to decide between a couple parties.
This is very much superior to America/England-style FPTP.

Should I start a new game of CK2, /gsg/, or wait until China is inevitably released?

Fair enough, guess I'll just stick with FPTP so the liberals could make my industry explode lategame.

www.strawpoll.me/12103262

>supports balkanization of Germany
>wants China in CK2
Checks out