/ovg/ - brainlet edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738
Hop in the discord for a James emoji!
discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELVvpZ6dlzU
youtube.com/watch?v=3jo5smGaJAg
discord.gg/hXmJrJr
youtube.com/watch?v=NbJzGTgsupQ&t=30s
youtube.com/watch?v=NbJzGTgsupQ
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1872645075
youtube.com/watch?v=Tqi4xK9gnSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't you DARE post about making tracks in this fucking thread i am SICK of your fucking MEMES god DAMN it i will report you to the fucking police

First for melting tires at NJMP

Name a better game

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand track creation. The technique is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the math will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Tilke’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from heavy braking zones, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these corners, to realise that they’re not just challenging- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike track building truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the art in Haryseb’s critique of unique track creation “Magnificent Park,” which itself is a cryptic reference to France's epic Circuit de la Sarthe. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Mystical's genius TayTay Speedway unfolds itself on their screens. What fools.. how I pity them. XD

And yes, by the way, i DO have a F1 Total circuit tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ (male) eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid B)

5th for nfs payback is going to suck

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand /ovg/. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical vehicular physics most of the jokes will go over a typical shitposters head. There's also Forza shills nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from doriftu manga literature, for instance. The tripfags understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about CORNERING. As a consequence people who dislike /ovg/ truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Forza shills existencial catchphrase "buy Forza 7," which itself is a cryptic reference to Shuichi Shigeno's Japanese epic "Initial D" I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as
POWERRRRRRR's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have an /ovg/tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 0.5 seconds of my pace (preferably slower) beforehand.

Forza 7 would be a much better game if Toyota weren't cunts

tfw i was fast for one brief moment in my life

someone ban this cunt

Does anyone else love Split/Second? I know it's an arcade racer, but I just got it on steam after playing it like 5 years ago on PS3 and I'm hoping to get to play some online once I unlock everything again.

>Basically,
>>BSP format
>>nice easy to calculate angles
>All of the area is composed of convex 3d shapes, made up of points.
>These shapes need to be simple enough to calculate that no irrational or repeating numbers exist. everything has to terminate in a 0 somewhere.
>this means that things need to be in convenient perfect cubes wherever possible, but convenient relationships of other angles exist. Unfortunately, I don't care to hand-calculate them every time, it's a lot of trig and calculus I'd rather not do by hand on a road made up of thousands of shapes. Trial and error can lead to useful configurations, though.
>there is a way to make smoother geometry but it begins with a convenient shape, and to the game, that first shape is the 'important' one that determines visibility and physics and such. That shape is then sculpted into a nice smooth banking or climb/drop instead of a boring and suspension-murdering sharp ramp. Making these shapes takes a lot of time though, and probably should be avoided when mathematical precision is required (i.e. in the case of making a smooth curve for a car)
>In any case, because of how things are calculated for the game, curves are made of a series of shapes, and those shapes have to either be perfectly flat in every orthagonal dimension, and have those flat planes occur on nice, simple angles that won't result in too many digits after the decimal after calculation.
>Plus, while they can still climb per shape, but that makes stairs rather than ramps.
>It's a lot of shit, I don't know how to condense it. Also I'm drunk.
>>le You Can't Do Anything may may faec from /jp/
>wakarimasu
>;_;

you are defending this

new thread, jew inbreed

FUCK these kart races were fun. Both links were great fucking races but the 1st link is definitely a much better race.

youtube.com/watch?v=ELVvpZ6dlzU

youtube.com/watch?v=3jo5smGaJAg

>Being this angry
>Over angles

honestly it paralyzes me in fear whenever im trying to make anything, since it feels like anything thats not a perfectly flat straight line is just going to make people complain.

which one are you?

What track are you even trying to make

link to the /ovg/ discord

discord.gg/hXmJrJr

First race had me sweating.
>tfw whenever I tried the kart race everyone would crash in to eachother and the whole thing was pointless

it's already in the op

chinese botnet get out

no u get out

Holy crap it is.
I'm too used to it not being there

Every time I did it I was watching people get wiped the fuck out on the corners before the straight with the finish on it. Was some fun shit though.

what the fuck you beta pussy grow some balls and shit out your fucking track

kys retard

I don't think that will happen, but even so last weekend's attendees will finish above him overall, provided they score two 10ths or a 4th, so it doesn't bother me.

outside of the big crash at the end of the 1st race I linked there were really no issues in that race or even the other race for that matter that I saw. I did that race 5 times today and only one of them was rage inducing. Fun shit man I'm excited for the full release, I really like the scheduled races thing they've implemented. I was super hesitant about ti being and online focused game coming from Forza and Pcars. Before this the last Gran Turismo I played was GT2 back when that came out so its been a while to say the least. Now that it's been almost 5 days the lobbies are really balancing out.

If anybody wants to add me and race when the full game drops shoot me a request. Pic related.

nth for RR3

>join WAT1

did you take a screenshot of a screenshot?

Screenshot of a video clip kek. The other screenshot didn't have my PSN name in it. First second of the full video clip from that race capture had the tail end of the win screen from the race.

A nice, easy-going country road, able to be run down at high speed. A bit of negative banking to keep you from getting bored, but no harsh turns, and those are proper positively banked. You can keep the accelerator pinned the whole time, if not at least never having to use the brake.

Like the town part of Numata (R) in DiRT:
youtube.com/watch?v=NbJzGTgsupQ&t=30s
(from about 0:30 to 1:05, that nice comfy gentle mostly straight bit before the hill climb)

I know people are just gonna complain if it's any less gentle than that or has any more elevation change than that.

Thred ded

>A nice, easy-going country road, like
>youtube.com/watch?v=NbJzGTgsupQ

this is some long haul bait

new thread reminder that there is AE86 Tuned sunday race in Assetto:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1872645075

also, i'm in progress of trying to fix up a bit ae86 n2 mod, webum related. If i'll succeed, it might be a nice car to switch from standard ae86 tuned.

>the eau rouge is completely flat and level to the track
wew lad

I'm somewhat excited. Only gripe I have is the rallying is still eh but it's always been (I did get the Gr.B NSX like I wanted though) also that new Peugoet VGT was fun to drive even if it's not the best Gr. 1 in todays race.

>a perfect grade of about 0.0625" over about 1.0'
ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhhahaahaaaaahahahahaha

what the fuck

Are those even real numbers?

oh shit forgot about trip and the arrow

>the GT subreddit is full of people jacking off over two photo modes and a livery editor that objectively isn't very good compared to other livery editors

Anyways here is me moving a guy because he left a gap and I kept my nose in when he pinched.

>browsing GTPlanet
>"omg the physics are so good, the cars are so alive!"
meanwhile
>MX5 has same characteristics as a 60's muscle car
>GT cars are lifeless hovercrafts with random snap oversteer
>super strong FFB even on weakest setting

It's like playing AC at a friends house, but your friend is a retard and downloads shitty mods and cranks up the FFB because "hurr I can't feel the car without it."

What if I told you I like this shitty photoshop?

Would you keep posting it?

I like Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

These 2D trees are quite beautiful.

Can pirated versions play online?

>Reddit
lol

thank god I got a PS4 Pro to enjoy this level of detail

dunno much about it, but you can surely play with pirated dlcs. assetto refuses clients of any version lower than current one, so if it could work, it'd had to be super new torrent

How much does it cost/how playable is it with a controller?

there is no sale afaik so it's probably full $30, and then more in dlcs. it accepts gamepad input, so there is probably no reason for it not to work if you can handle sim on gamepad

I can't really handle it but I might try if I have money to blow. Will you do 86 races some other time too?

I'll do races if there will be demand for it. I'm a fan of slow race cars though, so i'll try to pick shitter-friendly ones as long as i can choose anything.

>AE86
>not slow

EYES GO SHUT
I DISSIPATE

another faggot forgot to report in
how am i supposed to figure out whether he's the victim of my shilling or just some random i raced against in multiplayer?

is rr3 supposed to run at 20 fps or is my phone just shit

never measured framerate on my phone desu
but for me it drops below 24 fps only when my memory is almost full or overheating or too many vehicles being rendered on a high detailed track

I really want to race in first person in Forza, but my autism is getting in the way. I don't want to be one of those people who end up causing crashes because of the lack of situational awareness, and the game is such a chaotic clusterfuck sometimes. Does anyone here race in first person?

>Does anyone here race in first person?
-/ovg/, 2017

I race on bonnet cam when with using a wheel.

Don't make it a bigger deal of a question than it is, I'm talking specifically about Forza Motorsport where there is very good reason to use certain cameras.

use bonnet cam

Drive exclusively open tops

I use a T500 RS and race in bonnet cam or dash cam with no wheel if its available.

>tfw no 90% grade tracks

Have you ever driven a car?

If I buy the Oculus Rift CV1, will it work with 30hz refresh rate (90/3=30)? My GPU is quite old now (GT 730 4GB) but from what I read human eye doesn't perceive more than 24fps.

Fuck yeah, I'd race a 90% downhill.

Is Split/Second's online still working?

>human eye doesn't perceive more than 24fps

This is horse shit.

Just go for it
These guys are too stupid to make anything other than meme liveries and pile ups
If you're afraid of critique you're never going to get better

>le ebin 24fp may may
That's shit poorfags say to justify consoles. While less realistic racing games at 30fps are fine imo, using VR at sub-70fps can make you really ill.

dude go ahead, i am playing Redout with 10 fps no problem, just gotta have like 10 buckets for me vomiting like a mad cunt every 10 frames

Is Redout fun?

i think this post was one of those "joke" things, user

>sub-70fps makes you ill
i use dk2 and my framerate in games sometimes drops near 30fps. it's not nice, but completely bearable on rift api. rift software moves your stuttered display independently of game rendering, so you don't feel like world froze when you look around, even with low framerate.

Sorry, I meant consistent sub-70fps, and that's marketing numbers from Oculus. Maybe you just aren't at all susceptible to motion sickness.

do you like to go FAST

The AE86 tuned shoud've always been an N2. The way Kunos handled this pack was really poor.

Very.

I almost thought I was getting memed but this is extremely easy to adapt to and I'm already faster than the hundreds of hours of playing with chase cam. Maybe it's old experience from the PS2 era crawling back.

No, but I don't have a wheel/head cam so I'm not sure how that would affect anything either way.

it's the reprojection thing kicking in and you might stay on 45 fps which are somewhat easy on your brain if you are used to VR already

What games let my try to control a 300MPH+ car?

what the fuck are you even talking about

it's a game for you, only going FASTER is allowed in it

VR is an overpriced migraine

Gran Turismo 3
youtube.com/watch?v=Tqi4xK9gnSk

vr is not for the weak, sorry

>No

t. person who spent hundreds of dollars on an inferior experience

this is /ovg/ we're a club of gran turismo virgins who have never touched a car and have really strong autism

t. poorfag

t. elitist

VR isn't for everyone, and while you can usually accurately figure that out pretty quickly, I would still say it's worth spending a little time trying it properly before dismissing it. The immersion, and the ability to place your wheels precisely where you want them is what keeps me eschewing non-VR titles - I simply won't play them now. The sensation of being in the motor car - especially when supplemented with a few transducers and SimVibe - is remarkable, and VR has made me faster on actual racetracks.

>t. elitist
But yeah, that too.

Stay mad that you're not in the /ovg/ elite