/twg/ - Total War General

I can't believe you let the general reach page 10 edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=857788336
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=890292457
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=895120250
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743079514
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692399226
youtube.com/watch?v=UY81yYFzgiU
youtube.com/watch?v=_CL6n0FJZpk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>page 10
histfags did this

First for Liberty

Take care of sanitation food and public order as priorities
Recruit a priest and deploy him so that he gives a public order bonus in the region and converts religion, that helps a lot

Just research stuff you want, like "I want to upgrade this building but I need the tech" or "this unit seems need but I need the tech"
I usually split down the middle and go the same length in both trees

The AI can be dicks and refuse to trade with you because they really want to avoid you getting any more powerful, basically you have to pay people or get good relations by making war on their enemies
Joining one of their wars can also be an incentive, try to get non aggression pacts and generally be friends

Don't disband your troops when not in war, you need them and can't just recruit all over again, they gain experience too
Mercenaries are an exception, they cost absurd amounts of money so only recruit when you need them and then disband asap

You should expand at a steady pace, but don't overdo it. There's a thing called "instability", the public order goes down after you conquer a town and then slowly is less and less affected.
Hover over the smiley face after conquering a town and look at "instability" and "conquest", then you'll see what I mean
You want to expand as much as possible obviously but don't stretch too thin, get a grip on your provinces and whatnot

Best campaign mods for TWW. Pls.

>too busy shitflinging about history vs fantasy to keep the general alive

morons

Reminder that this is a history and anime general

Gott mitt Uns!

don't post that anime girl legionary i am fucking warning you

History and fantasy living in harmony but not anime.

Do it faget

and what about China??

I fucking love this picture.

Captcha: Roman Pine

I think you are ok Krellposter

China is anime
Personally I am hoping for a revival of the "anime can fuck off" meem

Can't you read.

Someone in last thread said something about ALT targeting Mangonels in shogun 2 but thread closed before i could respond.

What does ALT targeting do?

Also does anyone know a mod that increases tech speed in shogun 2 in an intelligent way? I can never tech for advanced units before my campaigns already ending, even if I rush for tech, which is kind of boring.

They're all tired from running around on their little legs. Poor little cannibals need the occasional break.

Woops

>Settlement is a literal ruin with no walls intact to protect it
>"No you can't attack it until you spend a turn to build siege equipment!"

>Nagash still not announced

Why does he wear the mask?

>Nagash released
>Cast Animate Dead
>It summons a 20/20 stack of zombies

No thanks

Goddammit /twg/, give me some picks for best campaign mods for TWW. Help out an user here.

>when you go to ask out your celtic crush but you get too nervous

>Nagash released
>has a 40m aura in which his units can't crumble

Why do the Celts have so many wuhrrior womyns?

Is one of the reasons I never play as them

What have you done for Rome today, /twg/?

Is there any faction unlocker that isnèt crynsos that still works for warhammer? Not only does it do a bunch of autistic shit but it seems to be mutually exclusive with the campaign custom maps mod

I'm playing with the campaign custom maps and crynsos and is alright, maybe is another mod

hate ta break it ta ya, user, but those maps aren't none of them any good

Let's be real: Nagash will be incredibly underwhelming for the sake of balance, assuming he's even added.

Post your most liked mods for Attila or Warhammer.

>not posting the one with the massive mammaries
zoggin git

i've secured control of Illyria with the help of the local tribes

I rebuilted the empire

Attila: Larger Garrisons
Warhammer: Dancing Orcs

Yes you wait five turns to get money, then you demolish it and build it in bungo to get gold accuracy tercos

finally thought i had it figured out, juggling mod compatibility is such a headache

shut up goofy ass

Cute but thighs need to be thicker, pecks bigger and nose flatter.

>underwhelming
>implying a reasonably powered Nagash isn't preferable to the warpstone-huffing End Times godzilla Nagash

>flat nose
F*ck off! Romans have big strong noses!

>Attila: Larger Garrisons

pleb

there are no good major overhauls if thats what you are asking for, of the smaller mods here is what I use:
fear the green tide
da green threat
orcs occupy anywhere
rise of the beastmen
chaos invasion with stronger armies
tier4 minor settlements (don't actually build these yourself, they are just for the AI)
AI buildings and recruitment (vanilla chaos)
better trade

Damn, I got called a pleb by the whiniest poster on /twg/. Whatever shall I do?

>All that greenskin buff
Are you sure mate?

>tier4 minor settlements (don't actually build these yourself, they are just for the AI)
If you're going down this route, 8/10 slot Province Capitals is worth trying too. Can be a great boost for AI factions, especially the ones which rely heavily on synergies like The Empire. You actually get to fight armies fielding Demigryphs!

hopefully you try to get better at the game and get to the point where you don't have to rely on a babbymode mod as a crutch

The AI greenskins need it because CA can't balance it's games for shit.

It's makes the early-mid game for horde factions actually challenging and fun though. I don't want to be stuck on the campaign map autoresolving 3-4 unit garrisons all day

Well I can't play with the norscan map pack (because crash), try disabling it the rest is fine

It slows down chaotic AI settlement flips which are silly; and what said.

>tfw no pikemen

I use the same mods for the greenskin and now they are threat

Tried this? It's pretty good.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=857788336

Any good chaos mods? Seems like even modders cant salvage them.

it disproportionately helps the player though, as the player knows how to use garrisons to their maximum effectiveness, so if any of your towns get attacked it basically isn't a problem at all, which is retarded

Why the FUCK does blood not stay on the ground or anywhere for that matter in rome 2 anymore? I tried using some packfilemanager bullshit but it doesnt work. None of the blood mods appear.

Genuinely dont want to play rome 2 without the blood bros.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=890292457

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=895120250

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743079514

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692399226

Try these

>mfw youtube.com/watch?v=UY81yYFzgiU

>Are you sure mate?
absolutely, its a great deal of fun

I find that it screws chaos over, as factions end up having a garrison building in every city, and that stops Argayon dead in his tracks, but I have played with 10 slots, and it was pretty fun

eh, not any that I know of, but frankly I actually had a bit of fun with vanilla chaos, its shitty, but tolerable, as long as you do goofy shit like spamming chariots

>mouse over embed to see thumbnail
>this better be duke of death
>open it
>it's duke of death
oh baby god fucking wills it

That Warlords of Chaos mod seems to tackle most of problems with Chaos. Thanks for recommending that dude.

They don't call them jews for nothing. Just 2 settlements and they can somehow afford all these stacks.

>Anime about Roman, barbar and Greek girls doing cute things never ever

says the man making 46 thousand shekels a turn

Explain, also is this vanilla, do we have map mods like in warhammer

I thought you wanted to make them your friends
He'll be in the third game just wait

Keep rollin rollin rollin

Watch me roll

F

These damn badass motherfuckers managed to survive for so long, but even them can't stop the Surtha and his legion of chariots, he Ek them for good.

Yeah but i'm controlling the largest empire in the known world with 5 puppet states and 8 trade partners. Himyar has 2 settlements and 1 trade partner, yet they control all those armies. Must be the works of some kind of pagan jew magic.
Turns out you can't make Separatist factions into puppet states

rollin rollin

Because They have so few people, so they mobilise most of the tribes, reminder the celts and Iberian had proto-cities that's how backward they were Fantasy fags out

For all their "honor" history fags seem to be animu-loving, /pol/ reading neckbeards. Im glad fantasy took over.

YOU MAY SPEAK BEFORE MY SHIELDBEARERS

You have played end times right?
>Atilla: fall of the eagles
>warhammer: SFO

Save them

Why are you spending so many men on this?

Would take like 7-10 turns to get here, not to mention that my eastern side of the Empire will become defenceless.

They're fucked, unless Kislev decides to send their doomstack here.

Green is best

If only real life camels were as cheery as Total War camels

Chaos Divided vs Ultimate Chaos vs Warlords of Chaos? All of them seem good but they conflict.

that camel looks fucking happy

Why is he so cute bros

This is literally the shittiest cap I have ever done. my apologies

Belegar "The Fine Print" Ironhammer

>never used skyhammer before
>use it on vampire counts
>630 kills on 4 bombs
GROOOOOOOOOODGE

>can't stop save scumming
>start playing on Legendary so that becomes impossible and i fucking stop
>figure out you can copy the save files to your desktop and make manual saves

help

They know that they are the baddest fucking cavalry in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=_CL6n0FJZpk
I'm representin' for them romans all across the world
Still defendin' them limes in them testudos, girl
Still spreadin' the word of them Latin priests
And I got no love for the east, it's the W.R.E.

State of the Empire as of the Summer of 425

Attila and his hunnic fucking shits are dead - that means that phase 1 of the WRE campaign is complete. We have weathered the storms of the various rebellions, civil wars, barbarian invasions, and hunnic raiding parties and are now ready to go on the offensive. The WRE Revenge tour begins now

First on the hit-list are the geats - one of the only surviving tribes from barbarian NATO, they have been able to sit up in Scandza and send stacks down to britain/belgica with impunity. That changes now - Sextus Perennis, the hero of Brittanica, is gathering a force that will lead an expedition north into Scandza to remove the Geats and Angles from their snow-covered mudhuts.

Unfortunately the ERE is in its death throes, and I won't be able to lead a re-conquest since there isn't anything left to conquer. Instead I am going to have to deal with the Sassanids and their buttboys. Since Dalmatia and Pannonia are already garrsioned up for the Huns, I am going to be able to keep a couple of armies there to deal with whatever armenian spear doomstacks get sent my way, while all of my armies get re-fitted and re-formed with new upgraded units in Maxima Sequanorum. Some of the armies will be sent south into Africa to help create an offensive there, and I am considering turning Lusitania into a military province just to have one closer to Africa than Maxima Sequanorum

i've heard he's pretty weak, so what's the point?

To recap Attila's "invasion" for those who didn't see it last thread
>attila spawns
>still heir, not even king of the huns
>assassinate him twice
>hun armies try to attack Iuvavum, are repelled
>attila tries to send an army through germania into my military province
>is weakened by barbar agents/snow attrition, easily beat in battle
>he is finally killed 3 years after he "spawns" by my best spy
>Huns removed 5 years after they are supposed to start their apocalyptic rampage

Much better result than I expected. The only settlement they were able to raze was Sirmium, which has now been re-colonized by the Marcomans. Normally I would declare war on them and re-take my rightful territory, but I am content to let them sit on it and build it up a little for now while I spend my money elsewhere, upgrading armies and my economy.

wew, finally got it sorted out, never woulda bothered without your encouragement m8. thank you truly

>figure out you can copy the save files to your desktop and make manual saves
jesus christ man you are redefining the scum in savescumming

>there are no good major overhauls
How about SFO? Or is that bad?