Why don’t you own your dream car yet?

Why don’t you own your dream car yet?

My base salary is 35k :/

Because my of my parents. And it's because of my parents because of my parent's parents. And that's because of my parent's parent's parents.
It's all like that because of some water fucktard thinking it'd be cool to stop flopping about in the water for a little bit.
That's all because of some relatively large firecracker bullshit or some shit.

Because, all money talk aside, I know it'll be underwhelming. Nothing you hype yourself up to for so long can meet your expectations.

Because the effort and stress of jobs that allow me to buy one, isn’t worth it at all.

Because the joys I'd get from owning an Rx7 would wear away faster than its apex seals

I own my favorite car. I know what I want for my next daily, but I'm having to much fun with my current one to sell it yet.

It's getting its numberplate as I'm writing

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Modern Porsches are whatever to drive. If I'm dropping they much dough I'd rather get a 993 c2s.

And old truck feels are the best. I'm excited for the day I have this thing at 320hp, and I'm really excited for the day that I have good suspension, brakes and over 500hp.

>Modern Porsches are whatever to drive.
Says the fag whose never driven one.

My dad has a 997.2 and when I worked at an auto auction I was Porter for a while lot that was off lease Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Toyota, Subaru, Audi, Nissan and any other car designated for my area. I thankfully was the only one on my lot from 7-8:30am and 3-4. It was a very enjoyable job.

One day you'll drive a car in real life and realize that modern cars are a bit boring. Fast, but boring.

because i'm saving up

Because I want a Saab 900 but I have a Saab 9-5 so I'm not in a rush to get a 900

Because the dutch caliphate hates fun and nice things. A new mustang gt would set me back 120k+, let alone any actual sports car

Got one of them. Feels good man.

My current salary is 45k, and I won't be making over 70k for another decade. I doubt I'll ever make 6 digits though, not in the military. Maybe when I'm on my pension in 25 years and working as a NDT civvy side.

Genetics

Because it's on a boat.

I do.

it's fun, in france with this salary, you start to be ritch kek, i got this, and i got a Porsche Cayman S

Porcshes are actually pretty damn practical compared to the other cars in its class, reliable too

Maybe you think they're boring because you get your kicks from a death trap? It's almost like how bug chasers get their high from the risk of getting HIV

I think they're boring because numb steering and massive grip from massive tires. Tie that with a million sensors I don't want and a million warning chimes I don't need and the car is not that good.

Drive an e30, and a 228i and you'll understand. Hell drive even a Willy's commando and a JK on the road and you'll get it.

You're dream car looks generic and uninspired.

Exact same here.

But I do own my dream car

HA HA jokes on you
A base model 94 shitbox Accord that some asshat rattlecanned black and botched a window tint on IS my dream car
Checkmate atheists

I've driven older cars, they suck

That's fine. It's the reason I don't want the hottest new McLaren laferrari 918 cabrio cobra as my dream car. They aren't my thing.

>he thinks sensors are a bad thing

Sensors are Haram. I don't want a car beeping at me when I park, i know how to park; I don't want a car beeping at me when it's cold, I know it's cold; I don't want a car beeping at me that I don't have a seatbelt on, I know it's not on; I don't need a sensor telling me the tire pressure has a slight imbalance, i check my own tires.

Engine management software and those sensors are better, but it's also more points of failure down the road.

It also brings more point-of-failure diagnosis and tuning potential for built engine or stock engines.

Damn you sound like Scotty Kilmer

Also this. Fuck searching for vague noises when a little scanner and a phone app can tell you exactly what's wrong

This is true. I will not argue that. Those are great. Everything else can get fucked though.

I don't really have a "dream car" in the sense that my wants are always changing. My latest fixation has been an ls swapped 3rd gen F-body, though. That, or a Jeep Comanche. But I already have an XJ which is basically the same thing and MJs are like fucking unicorns nowadays.

I dont have a dream car and theres not even any vehicles I want

I have reached peace with the universe and have no desires for such physical possessions

I also own my dream car, pic related. I guess i'm just lucky that my dream car is really, really affordable, and still great!

Also, I like your window sticker. My day is 3-5-12

You are slowly killing that poor vehicle with boi racer memes, son

i'm also tall, and blonde haired//blue eyed and white. I am become meme

Thanks my dude. Appreciate it. I think you're the first person on Veeky Forums to recognize. My daily is for boiracer shit desu. Nice Subaru desu.

I saw one of those on the highway. i'm not sure much about them- i don't know if this one had a custom exhaust or not either but it sounded fierce.

also, right right, first but no last- hang in there, see you on the road

>Porche
>not a deathtrap

I'm planning on getting a 996 Turbo shortly

I am living my dream

From the factory it sounds way meaner than any turbo 4 banger deserves.

Until I get a tune, I guarantee you I'll lose. It's mainly for farting around with fiesta st and Honda Civics.

You don't own one of these, this is Veeky Forums

I kind of do have 2 of my dream cars.

>muh Jeremy Clarkson maymay

Because I'm a lazy faggot with no drive or ambition.

And I don't own mine because my base salary is 105k a year.

I hate dreaming big sometimes.

I haven't built it yet

I work at dunkin donuts and make 700$ a month, that's why.

Because I'm 26, I own a home, I own rental property, and I run a business.

If I'm honest with myself I probably could own my dream car now, but if I invest that money into shit that puts money into my pocket instead of taking it out (real estate, businesses, etc.) then I can still get my dream car later AND I can have other nice things too.

I don't own my dream car because I'm always trying to figure out how I'm going to take the money I have and make sure I have more tomorrow, the next day, and every day after that.

how do i be like you senpai

its fine to do that but you need to live a little sometimes

Consider me jelly as fuck

I'm not going to lie to you. I had a ton of help in every aspect. Any successful person who claims to be totally self-made is a fucking liar. Everyone gets help at some point. After school my parents let me stay on their couch rent free for 2 years while I saved money for a downpayment on my house. I explained to them that renting was a dead end where you pay in and end up with nothing and the only way to get ahead is to own. I saved every dime I made for 2 years straight, then signed every dime away. Now though I pay less for my mortgage than I would've on rent and eventually I'll own it.

For the rental property I took out a loan for the downpayment, found a steal of a deal, and now my renter pays me $200 more per month than my mortgage payments. So now I pay my one mortgage, my renter pays the other, and I make $200 every month off the top. At the end I'll own both places having only really paid for one.

The business is where I really got help. My dad owns a business and had a company running a complementary business out of the extra space in his shop. I told him that if I ran the other side for him then instead of just getting rent and 10% with the other 90% going to the other company we'd collectively get 100%. I researched that business and worked for them for a year and a half until I figured out how to do what they do better for cheaper. Then we booted them out and I opened up my shop. Now he runs one end, I run the other, and we split 50/50. Best part is I can take personal zero interest loans from my company to invest in other businesses, rental property, etc.

I do have a nice car that I enjoy driving, but it's not my dream car. I have aspirations that I can't afford yet and if I ever want to get there I can't be blowing my cash when I'm in my prime earning years. Being smart with your money early in life is everything.

Money

thats because a base salary of 35k in france is a gross of 350k

my alt coins are getting raped

Can't justify spending the money on a car I can only drive for half the year not to mention not making enough dollerydoos to afford a second car unfortunately.

>
You have shit dreams.