/smgen/ - SMITE General

>PC 4.11 Code of Chivalry (new event + Cu Chulainn)
smitegame.com/patch-notes-pc-4-11-code-of-chivalry/

>XBO & PS4 4.10 Trials of King Hercules
smitegame.com/smite-console-trials-of-king-hercules-4-10-patch-notes/

>Code of Chivalry (Dreamhack event)
smite.gamepedia.com/Code_of_Chivalry

>Smite Adventures: Trials of King Hercules
smite.gamepedia.com/Trials_of_King_Hercules

>Season Ticket 2017 (Fantasy League)
smite.gamepedia.com/Season_Ticket_2017

>SMITE FACEIT Beta
smitegame.com/smite-faceit-beta/

>Hand of the Gods: SMITE Tactics (TCG spinoff)
handofthegods.com/

>Linking your Hi-Rez and Twitch account to get free thing
smitegame.com/twitch-linking-faq/
hirezstudios.com/link/

>Hirez server status
status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ for all game-related questions
pastebin.com/M4TZPpe8

To think that I would stick around long enough to see both the birth and death of smite general. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Does the condition of this general reflect the state of the game?

reminder that accepting this is the reason why everything went to jewish shit

yes waifutardniggers ruined yet another game and it's your fault for not listening to the warnings you stupid fuck

great fucking job you lowlife retard pieces of shit I thank you for convincing shitrez to go down the constant pandering way and attract the worst subhuman elements, namely waifufaggots and otaku weabshits with naruto pantheon, both of which have ruined countless franchises over the years (metroid, fire emblem, doa, metal gear, and the list goes on )with their lack competence, shitty tastes, and cuck priorities. thanks a lot we now can enjoy our nice 10$ pve grinding mode every patch

>tfw can't get a decent team all fucking day

I should have just quit when I had an artemis, in the middle of a team fight and 4 of the enemy were nearly dead, just didn't ult. If she had just pressed 4 that was a quadra, but nah, fuck it.

New god is fun tho

where is the new Nox skin?

Got Prototype Scylla in the awesome chest from the Hydra, I'm so happy, I love that skin

HiRez are Jew faggots and Smite is fucking trash. The community is a bunch of gay beaners that can barely speak English talking about how much they like to plow each other up the asshole.

thx 4 bump

There is currently some bug where you can't buy shit in assault, even if you reconnect to the game...that's some quality garbage, no wonder this game is free.

I just recieved an email telling me a person I never heard of before(I googled his name and just got more confused) bought me all heroes in this game. I don't play Smite since the closed beta. Should I?

>another nox skin in a chest

we're gonna be competing against nuwa soon

How's Cu Chulainn? I'm on my way home from work and was going to give him a run in an AI match just to try him out before bed. Best to start with Bluestone on him and build CDR/tank?

On vacation, try to carry the threads while im gone.

no

no i think this one is a direct purchase one thats limited to summer or thats how was while it was in the PTS but they could just be greedy and change it to chests i wouldn't but it past Hi-Rez

Season 2 and Season 0 were the best seasons of all time. I fucking loved the beta phase. No trolls, instalockers or leavers. Actual fucking matchmaking and Hirez employees who were actually likeable.

Cu Chulainn feels really squishy to me unless you are in rage mode. I haven't really looked at the numbers, but it feels like he gets blown the fuck up harder than most warriors and doesn't really do much for damage.

I think he's a decent solo laner, but I worry about how well he'll hold up late game compared to someone like Bellona, Hercules or Erlang Shen

early game is fun though with bluestone popping off on your steam vents

This new god is an assassin that turns into a rage beast that fucks up niggas in 1v1 fights and makes a mess of team fights. Double starter on Cu is nasty if you jungle/lane. If you can hit camps fully with both your 1 and 3 you can stack rage like a mofo. And go full CDR/attack speed power. Blue buff with a H. chalice/pots turns him into Wolverine. Teleport/Blink and Bracer is crazy on him you can get two ults out in Berserk mode add The Crusher. Then it is almost a sure thing for double ults in Berserk mode with a normal ult finisher if you want. This god is so fun once he gets going.

Pretty much. Both clans also became /pol/ as fuck.

But people complain about having nothing to spend favor on. Did you already forget all that shit about wanting weekly quests to stop granting favor and how they should grant fp or gems instead (I sometimes wonder how the community manages to be that retarded)?

No user, the game isn't dying because the devs are jews, the game is dying because the community is both too spoiled and too stingy (a dangerous combination that leads to most people having a lot of gems and favor from events and stuff, leading to very few people throwing money into the game) for its own good.

in chest around the 26th I believe

I stopped coming here regularly after early-2015ish
Just randomly check the general from time to time, but I called this years ago. Mid 2014 was when I realized this game was going right into the shitter. All the casual retards here laughed when I said mememodes would be the death of this game. You cannot survive a moba off of memes and skin jewery forever. Shit matchmaking combined with no incentive to get new players to conquest killed this game.
Enjoy your skins.

Why not?

game is dead and you all suck

i just had a great game where i was complimented alot desu

>is both too spoiled and too stingy
So much this, on reddit they always complain about chest and how they would buy gems if a skin was directly purchasable, but I'm pretty sure those guy just want directly purchasable skin because they can just wait to have enough free gems to get them.

>playing Arena for FWOTD
>dude locks in Athena and another guy goes Ullr
>decide to let loose the Zeus
>last guy picks Ares presumably to help Athena and use his ult to pull people into my ult
>finish the game 16-2. Probably the best game I've ever had as Zeus. Athena was a total beast going 6-1 herself and pulling people into my electric meat grinder
>doesn't matter because Ares went 0-15 and didn't build Pestilence even though the other team had a Hel that was going full healbot
>decide to just go do something else after that dumb faggot ruined my game

It's way harder to go berzerk with Cu Chulainn that I first thought.

Hi Fdot. Big fan.

user, please. You might act like a retard, but I know that you can't be pleased knowing that smite is dying in such a stupid way.

i played smite on and off (more off) since release came back this year bought both Spring and summer split passes 1200 gem versions for the xtra FP and both appolo and nike adventures + chests. They have released the herc and chivalry adventures and i really dont want to fucking buy them as whats the point since conquest is meant to be the main game mode but low player base and fuck all incentive to play it. Id rather hop on chaterbait and give one of those whores my money at least ill get my moneys worth

>Matchmaking is random
>No OCE servers for anything other than Joust, Arena and Conquest
>Joust and Conquest maps are shit
>Arena is a dice toss of who gets the fewest lv7 accounts
>CEO is a micromanaging bastard who won't allow anyone to change things
>Playerbase is steadily falling
>Pros hate the game
>Barely 15k viewers for SPL
>Constant team drama, orgs pulling out
>Balance decisions are made based on who the CEO loses to in office LANs
>Reddit will defend this
Smite general

I wanna start playing conquest more but have no clue what to do. Which role requires the least amount of effort and in game knowledge so I could play that while learning the map and how to do things such as rotations?

Solo. Your job is: farm lane. Help your jungler with speed every few mins. Gank mid once in a while.

>live in a world where HotS is the best current MOBA
Why did it come to this?

I really chose the wrong game to get serious about huh? How depressing.

who are the crit hunters?

>adc so sure of himself that he did the most work on our team
>all he did was farm damage off the enemy tank

skadi

I tell you what I just played a game with skadi with fatalis and frostbound was pretty fun

>First allied
>Now Jeff
Smite really is cancer, look at him. He looks allied-tier thin

What, he looks chubby as fuck on stream

reverse-smitten-syndrome

Old butt gold.

user, we are in the worst timeline, why else do you think that donal trump is the president of the united states, or how EA games is somehow better than Valve currently is? We are heading straight towards the bad ending.

>EA better than Valve

hang the fuck on, EA still puts out a yearly content pack and has the balls to charge $60 for 5 different sports

Humanity should have ended in a nuclear war during the last century.

Valve manages to get scummier and scummier with how they manage what is basically a monopoly, the situations of in game ads in dota and tf2 are also getting worse every update (people flipped their shit when hi-rez added a "buy the god pack image on the gods tabs, while dota2's loadout screen is literally half a store, and shows you ads while playing in a match). Also Origin has an actual support team unlike steam.

EA is still not great, but Valve really is starting to surpass them. They are certainly worse than Blizzard at this point, and Blizzard is part of activision.

Jesus fuck what the hell happened to him. Don't believe he lost all that weight naturally when he was still pretty big when I saw him last time at the Summer Lan.

fucking ban thoth in assault this is fucking ridiculous

What is your opinion on giving him Mystic Mail for a double damage aura?

The ones with attack speed or crit steroids

Why is suzano allowed to auto attack while using all his abilities? this literally adds 200~ power on each ability

GAMBLERS!

NANI !?

But user, everyone suddenly became a politician when Drampf was elected.

Because Japanese Gods are cool.

>Ganesha build full damage
>feed
>"I didn't get kill because of the passive"
>end the game with lowest player damage
ANd of course he was a fucking russian

>What is your opinion on giving him Mystic Mail for a double damage aura?
TBPH, the item is crap on him just for the passive. It only gives +300 health and +40 Physical Protections for 2700g. There are much better and cheaper items that work better with his kit and play style. Mail of Renewal, Gladiator's Shield, and Relic Dagger work better for him. Actually a cheap build seems to work better for Cu. Since building Mana is not necessary on him. Go all out on power, attack speed, health, CDR, movement speed and any passive that gives back health or reduces CDR even more. That's why Bracer of undoing should always be the go relic on him. And remember in Berserk Mode his ult cooldown is only 35 seconds less if you build CDR. And is 21 seconds at max CDR. So double ult in Berserk mode really is doable.

Oh, one more thing if you are in a mode with a lot of mob camps. Double starter is really good on him, Bluestone Pendant plus Bumba's Mask give him great early clear and sustain along with a blue buff of course.

I think I'm around level 9, what god should I try to get in order to ez mode my way up the levels?

>tfw soloqueue
>3 man clan group and one other soloqueue on my team
>1 of clan sits in fountain afk for the first 4 minutes of the game
>comes back and dies 5 times, goes back to afk
>try to f6 at 10 since the rest of the team started feeding
>the other 2 in the group instantly f7
>say bye and sit in fountain until game is over
>"report afk pls"

The worst part about it was I was still highest damage on my team even without playing half the fucking match

Scylla, He Bo or Anubis for mage cheese
Awilix for assassin cheese

>Mail of Renewal

TEN PERCENT SEE DEE ARE

>athena ult on team mate
>they get shredded in the 3 seconds it takes to get there
>jump up and land in the same spot
>LEL ULTIMATE IS DOWN

Not gonna like, this really tingles my pringles.

Not gonna lie*

Guys, I fucking did it, I carried a game. It was only clash and the other team wasn't that good but I did it.

>No wards
>against loki

It's because his mitigation/sustain all comes from item building and not his passive/abilities like every other warrior.
He's pretty much an assassin that can reliably solo lane. Shitting on kiddies with a level 2 berserk-jungle gank is a work of magic cause he hits so damn hard at level 2 if he gets his transformation off.

no i refuse to go to reddit or discord to talk about smite

It's because the damage reduction on your target is instant.

Is this game actually dead? In every online game general or forum I've been on there's always a couple people saying the game's dead or talking about how the player base is falling but every one of them have been still alive
Is this some sort of shitty meme or is this game actually going to die in the next 2 years

It's been slowing down for sure. While they have tried to make changes to the meta for the most part its been mostly the same for the past few seasons and I think people just grow tired of that, especially the pros. Hi-rez needs to not be afraid of making more drastic changes to the meta. There are rumors of a new conquest map for next year but they could be doing more. Like in season 2 when they made HoG no longer a must buy for supports and also changed something about wards iirc. Some relics being changed to one use items was a step in the right direction it was just poorly executed. Not to mention I feel like Hi-rez doesn't advertise nearly as much as they could. It could potentially die in the next 2 years but I dont think they will purposely do it. Between Hand of the gods and the new mobile game it seems like they really want to keep Smite as their big franchise.

You either build the MM as your 4-5th item or replace your Gladiator shield with it once you 6 slot.

it's not completely dead yet but it's dying fast. I went to one of these third party competitive e-sports websites where you play on their servers and in return get currency you can use to get skins or money or whatever.

all of the games listed there had at least 10k+ competing players except for csgo, who had about 8k, paladins at about 4k and smite at a whopping 150 players.

that clash royale knockoff has been cancelled

>MM that late
>unscaling 40 damage when everybody has tons of health comparatively

Good point, I hadn't considered that. You could just spam cancel it on allies in fights that way. Still feels bad when the tele puts you right back where you were.

HotS isn't even a MOBA, how can it be the best anything?

>get to gold V after shit qualifiers
>Suddenly top elos are LITERALLY SHITTIER than SILVERS
>get demoted because of shitters who bm and cant play

So I've decided to feed my way into Bronze V then stop playing smite. Once I hit rock bottom that'll be it. Every single game there is at least one shitter, usually two, so its quite fine you see, I'll be fulfilling the role of "shitter" in these games from now on.

Wish me luck.

This thing is pretty gross!

mfw nowhere is safe

If you're serious then why don't you just stop playing instead of shitting up everyone else's games? Were you touched in the head or something?

because that would be the sensible thing to do, where do you think we are?

I got a message today saying something along the lines of "action has been taken against a player you recently reported". This is the first time I've ever seen this in any game and it's hilarious I gotta say. Do they send this message so that people that scream at their monitors can furiously jack off once they get the confirmation that a big old meanie got a time out?

Yeah they do it more frequently now. Console fag friend just relishes them. Not sure if its a self righteous pandering thing or a "we want to make them think we did something" thing. At most they remove good will. They only suspend for like 5+ games feeder/hackers.

leddit whined until they put it in

hard to say, but, according to smiteguru, i'm in the top 10% of players by playtime, and i only have 300 hours logged.

So yeah, the game is kept alive by a dedicated community of autismos, but it's not attracting new players so will slowly die.

You must be one lucky fuck because all I've seen cu players do the last 2 days is fucking tank their teams.

So anyone know who could be the god after Cu Chulainn?

datamining shows it is Artio, Goddess of Bears. Some sort of chick with a stance change between druid form and bear form

My body is ready for this stance based Guardian. Hopefully it's less like Fafnir and more like Hel/Tyr/Ullr where the stance change is an ability you can fire off at will and not just an ult with a timer

>Stance change character