youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13090936
strawpoll.me/13090974
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-19-life-is-strange-before-the-storm-developer-on-why-the-game-exists
mashable.com/2017/06/19/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-interview-writer-zak-garris/#nU_5iIGyJ5qm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HELLA WANTED, NERD

=kek

Max is #1

>if spotted, call Chloe Price

Mari was right about what?

I mean to put on the bingo board

What we need... Is a DONOD.

now that is adorable

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

The 86 cents took me a second

BAE > bay everyday!

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

I FEEL NUMB
I FEEL NUMB

hahaha I made that original post.
You'll never catch her and she will never stop!

The developers: "We always wanted the ending to be about a choice between sacrificing Chloe or sacrificing the town. So our idea to have Chloe merely ending up in a coma after being shot really didn't fit with our original plans, so we changed it to make it better match our vision."

Bae-apologists: "SEE THEY SAID CHLOE WAS SUPPOSED TO LIVE EITHER WAY HAHA EAT SHIT BAYFAGS THE DEVS SAID CHLOE LIVES!!!1!"

Another day in /lisg/.

>The developers contradicted their "vision" throughout the game and only gave evidence to support saving Chloe and only a few quickly forgotten lines to support saving the town
Not really helping your case. One ending is still heavily favored by the way the story is told and shown. One ending is consistent and follows the characters behavior patterns, one requires them to "stop thinking logically" to even consider.

Linking from last thread because I think it's important and worded very well.

>The developers contradicted their "vision" throughout the game and only gave evidence to support saving Chloe and only a few quickly forgotten lines to support saving the town

That'll be "Things Baefags actually believe" for 500, Alex.

>"Our original plan didnt fit with our original plan"

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

When are they going to give Joyce some grandchildren?

She keeps getting away with it?!

Rascal!

You're more than welcome to try to prove me wrong or you can just keep memeing because you know what I said is the truth. It was clearly established last thread the whole basis of the Bay Ending is Max turning off her brain and doubling back on everything she's said and done.

>bayfags in my /lisg/

silly user, girls can't have children with other girls

>last thread
(More like every thread ever, since Episode 5. And it starts again.)

Let's talk about BtS, /lisg/! Expectations, hopes, fears?

In a few years after they've saved up some money and are emotionally ready for it. They adopt or science creates some advancement so they can have kids with their DNA.
I could see them having a daughter named Amber and a son named William.
(Don't worry, it's child-safe dye!)

Look at Max being adorable while Chloe is alone and depressed!

Not her fault her parents dragged her away from Chloe

Obviously Chloe was sad during that time, but let's not pretend every single day was just her being miserable. I think that's what a large part of what the prequel will show- that she could still find happiness during that time.
Chloe got to live like an actual pirate for a few years. She lived with only rules and loyalty that applied to her mates, she adventured and plundered her way across Arcadia Bay, and she acquired her trusty vessel.
Those years were important to her development and helping her find out who she was Five years later, she found the treasure she thought she had lost.

does Max likes her steak rare or well done?

>after the storm, they wait a year or so and get married
>change their last name because they're too tired of people recognizing them as the survivors from the freak storm in smalltown oregon
>several years pass
>decide to have kids
>decide on IVF
>warren inexplicably survived and offers to be the donor but everyone ignores him
>they find an acceptable donor, chloe decides to carry the kid since they dont know how time travel would affect a fetus and dont want to find out
>baby is a girl
>max names her after the person she loves most in the world, and picks Chloe's middle name
>Elisabet Sobeck, born March 11, 2020

Are Max's parents the real villain(s) of Life is Strange?

>Max
>supporting the meat industry

she doesn't have a problem eating bacon

With lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57, and French fried potatoes.

Stop making me hungry I'm supposed to be on a diet

the mighty Chloe guardian

All hail the Chloe Guardian!

I will never stop loving this fan art.

Hopes: It expands on Chloe's past a little bit and shows what she was up to, shows she had friends other than Max (Even if she's clearly missing Max) and what they are like, and gives insight into who Rachel was, and gives hints to supernatural stuff.

Fears: Rachel is nothing like how Chloe described her and that makes all Chloe's gushing about Rachel seem like some kind of unhealthy attachment to an abuser (I don't think that will happen since it's clear Rachel will change over the game). Also kind of nervous that we won't see any nice moments between Chloe and Joyce, seeing them argue is fine and expected but I also want to see them have at least one nice moment together of a mother comforting her daughter.

"She's never leaving me!"

She's not wrong. It just took a little bit longer to keep that promise.
A rough five years for both of them that helped them realize how much they really needed and missed each other.

I hope it at the very least hints there something supernatural with Rachel. Some reason everyone in the world liked her, other than 'she's just so gosh darn likeable!'

It's all but confirmed by omission. Every time Deck Nine gets asked about powers they mention Chloe over and over again and never mention Rachel

I wonder if the prequel or farewell episode will tell us how Max and Chloe met.
I wonder if the farewell episode will show it's Max going back into a photo and leaving herself a note to call Chloe, and telling Chloe to call her in Seattle, so they never spend that time entirely apart and the events of the prequel and season 1 are retroactively fixed.

that would canonize bae so they wont do it no matter how happy it'd make me

They said there's something going in with Rachel's family. That, the small hints about how perfect she seemingly was, and the presence of the ghost doe in the original game hint that there is something more to Rachel. Question is just what it her relation to what Max did? Was the a previous power user or did she just grant them after she died?
Also curious about her family. If her father is a DA then he may be enemies with the Prescotts.

I know, I know. They're already said they're not going to hint towards either ending or any choices from Season 1, which I can at least commend them for being neutral. I can still dream.
Though the title Before the Storm kind of hints to the storm being a thing, so...

So, not a single VA from the previous game will return in BtS?

Victoria maybe?

Her fault that she never called Chloe, though.

That's a great way to put it.

So I walked into the haze

I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

some BODY

That'd make me so happy. It'd also open the possibility of another max/chloe story in a happy timeline. Maybe they could use max's powers for the greater good.

It will be a travesty if they can't get Victoria
Though William has such a minor speaking role in LiS his voice is so perfect for his character I'm going to be really sad at the likely recasting

Thanks. Some may say it's way too optimistic, but that's how I see those years for Chloe. They proved how strong she is and gave her time to figure herself out and evaluate her life.
She realized something was missing and tried to find what it was. Eventually she did realize that the whole in her life was Max-shaped. She even says it wasn't about just leaving Arcadia Bay, it was about not wanting to be in a place so full of memories if she had no one to share them with.

Oh I Hate when I do that.
She realized that the hole* in her life was Max-shaped.

Chloe definitely did have feelings for Rachel for a time but it was obvious, only to Chloe later on, that they would have never worked out. Though I'm sure they did have their fun. As we will see in the prequel.

Why is DONTNOD so against another Max/Chloe story? Imagination Lord always insists their story is complete and they aren't going back but now with BtS, even though they aren't making it, the characters are back and the game is surely going to rake in the cash. It seems like a weird thing not to want to cash in on the popularity of your properties.

I get that Dontnod wants to just move on and not be known for only one thing, but it is kind of confusing. They could definitely continue the story by showing a different opening to the game for each previous ending and then linking them so the game starts from the same point. They could continue the story and actually try to resolve it but for whatever reason they don't want to.
Maybe in the future Dontnod or someone else will pick it up again.

Delete this

There has to be, the crow flying around is a spirit thing I'm sure.

i think if that dumb vampire game they're making tanks they'd be more willing to bring back max and chloe. I'm interested in LiS2 but I'm really skeptical about new characters being anywhere near as engaging.

why are they so cute

Sadly they won't be coming back

We played hide and seek in waterfalls

That Vampyr game looks pretty good desu senpai

They never left, as long as /lisg/ lives then so does Max and Chloe.

I'm interested in trying it. The setting looks cool and the choices system actually looks like stuff you do throughout the game builds towards the ending, which is how LiS should have been.

the continued adventures of pricefield would just print money, why dont they like money

/lisg/ could write a much better sequel for Pricefield anyway

>havent talked to my best friend in 5 or 6 years
>playing LiS made me think I should reconnect with him
>he'd probably ask why I suddenly reached out again though, and it'd be weird to tell him it was because of a game about lesbian timetravelers

Never reveal your powerlevel (unless you want to get gay)

Just say that you were thinking about him the other way and wanted to say hi.
Don't be another Max!

Even if they do every come back, it won't be until the next decade.

PRICEFIELD FOREVER

night

AND EVER!

Aw. Poor Max. Don't cry.
she must've had a bad dream.

They just are
We could waste billions of taxpayer money and years of time, and we still wouldn't arrive at a full answer

If the prequel does well then maybe we will see other episodes at some point whenever SE wants to make some money and revive the series.
Not that I want Dontnod to lose all say in LiS, but there's a demand for its direct continuation and they won't meet it.

If the prequel is actually good and true to the characters, I wouldnt actually really mind dontnod losing some say in LiS. They're the ones who gave us the shitty endings after all.

The thing is, Dontnod now knows exactly what their fanbase wants from them. They know exactly what aspects of Season 1 the fans hated. We don't really know too much about what their initial priorities were for Season 1, but we know what the results were.

It's hard to imagine that Season 2 won't be more focused on those fan reactions. I'd suspect they're putting extra effort into setting up the characterisations, especially for shipping. Shipping really carried a lot of the Season 1 fandom.

I've said it before, but they'd be crazy to use male protagonists. A huge aspect of their Season 1 interviews/advertisements was "we wanted a female main character but no publishers would do it aren't we so awesome and progressive?!" To then turn around and be like "now that we have success, we're going to use men" would be a bit cute. My speculation would be this: this time, they're going for full-on lesbian characters. They get to continue to talk about how great they are for promoting female main characters, but they also get to promote it as *extra* progressive.

And who here doesn't want more qt lesbians? Sign me the fuck up!

But really, I think I have a fair bit of hope for Season 2 because I don't think Dontnod is totally stupid. They have a good framework, they know we want good characters, they know we won't tolerate inconsistencies in the plot, bullshit mysteries that go nowhere, pointless red herrings, all-but-literally-false-advertising binary endings, etc. It'd be hard to imagine that they're not actively trying to improve on these elements.

Time will tell.

I really hope Dontnod paid attention to the feedback and knows what criticisms there are. They have not publicly responded to them but if Season 2 improves on pacing, story, and endings then it will be clear that they listened and improved.
I think there's more than enough room for multiple devs to get in on LiS, they could create an even more expansive world and cast.
Hopefully Dontnod paid attention, know their strengths and keep those up, and put emphasis on correcting where they were weaker. Deck Nine seems to have done their research so hopefully they won't make the same mistakes.
We'll have to see, but I do have a good feeling we won't see the same mistakes twice.

Sleep tight

>it's wrong to find logical fallacies and pointing them out
>it's wrong to making 'right' interpreations from leaks, and showing'em what's the true and suitable for the story
>We have to obey devs' intentions(while they've immediately changed something and knowing they are messed it up) such a game in that
>binary choices will make me forget that this game was also a time-travel game (even though they forget this a lot)

Bayfags: ''It's written in this way, we should obey what devs gave to us without looking much into details what game presented us.Also forget that this was a time-travel game because it only used as giving message.It doesn't matter if they changed one of endings and heavily showing their 'original' intention because I don't care! HEY BLUE BUTTERFLY WAS CHLOE RIGGHTT''
And this will be "Things Bayfags actually believe" for 500, Alex.

You idiot,if fans weren't be this passionate about defending things and pointing out logical fallacies,Dontnod'd think they've made a good job (at those times you should've seen them really) and they would even make that ending canon.Don't be shit-eater, and don't forget that this game was also a time-travel game.If you see logical fallacies point them out rather than saying ''it's written in this way'' because that isn't give you any explanation.

So if you want to check Zak Garriss' interview out here:

>eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-19-life-is-strange-before-the-storm-developer-on-why-the-game-exists

Briefly, game will take 3 years before events, Joyce and David haven't married yet, we're gonna see how Chloe met with Rachel and their relationship.

>"What we really want to unearth [...] is, even the perfect girl is broken. And even the broken girl, has strength."

---
In here they gave information for that major choice screen, for those whom whinning over we are gonna completely change Chloe's feelings.Garriss had confirmed that there's no such a thing.

>mashable.com/2017/06/19/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-interview-writer-zak-garris/#nU_5iIGyJ5qm

>"That choice moment isn't a question of Chloe necessarily deciding what her sexuality is," lead writer Zak Garris explained. "It's: what does she tell Rachel? What does she voice?"

>That's heartening. For a game that has already established its choice-dictated story as a powerful platform for saying something about interpersonal relationships, turning Chloe's sexuality — which isn't a choice at all — into a branching story moment could easily be misconstrued.

>Garris pointed out that there are other moments during Before the Storm in which players can choose the way Chloe characterizes her sexual identity. Allowing players to do so, he said, was motivated by the desire to make her seem like more of a real character.

1/?

The thing I wanted to tell from pic, Garriss' opinion about relationships.Normally you hear from devs (not anymore though) ''eh it's choices matter'', actually that would be Toby who would say ''it's blank-slate and completely up to you''..

but Garriss saying, feelings are developing as the time moves on in either way, so there's no way you can change it by saying 'yes' or 'nah'. Just as Max's relationships.She was stranger to love dovey thing,Game gave you some options but no matter what you did she followed about her own thoughts afterwards.Warren, even if she was stranger to love again, there was literally no budding relationship between them and from the first day and no matter what you choose she was saying she was meaning she doesn't want to lead him on.Sure there were some choices but those choices didn't also seem romantical rather than doing sth good (yeah even that slate message) let alone that kiss was let down. There was no well-developed relationship there,neither love. The only thing he can get is caring about word. But was that really enough to make her fall in love or being serious enough to bring up Love word? Nah. Even if you choose cuck path she was still confused.

For Chloe, you can avoid from some choices for sure but that doesn't stop Max enough to bringing up love word,go far enough to question it for her or the other things she said prior these events. As player, you can make those feelings certain earlier from he start by kissing her in Ep3, or delay it by not kissing her in Ep3. Budding,well-developed relationship is this.Because lots of things may happen,character does say her own feelings regardless of our choices.

So Garriss seemed like he gets this relationship thing.For now though,I hope he doesn't mess it up.

2/2

>So Garriss seemed like he gets this relationship thing.For now though,I hope he doesn't mess it up.
he will though. if toby brainwashes him in interviews of course

>moments in which players can choose the way Chloe characterizes her sexual identity

I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be fascinating.

what does that mean though? is it like someone will ask what's her sexuality and she will give funny dialogue answers?