Why do busses stop on railroad crossing?

Why do busses stop on railroad crossing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hly-A2XqLag
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Fox_River_Grove_bus–train_collision
youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1NY7VWJ_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because of this.
youtu.be/hly-A2XqLag

Since they carry more people an accident would take a great number of lives, so they just stop and make extra sure nothing is coming.

I'm not watching that 10min video, /fuckoff.

That makes no sense if bus is only vehicle on road with nothing ahead how does stopping on tracks prevent or help in any case? What if bus fails right then and there?

Atleast it will break down right before the track.

They're supposed to stop before they're on the tracks, open the door to listen for train horns, and look both directions down the track to make 100% sure they're clear to cross. Not all crossings have warnings and guide arms and you cannot rely just on those when they're in place.

I guess I see the logic behind it but it seems to almost cause accidents with idiots that are behind the bus

That's on the idiots behind the bus not knowing how to fucking drive, not the bus for obeying the law to ensure the safety of their passengers and anyone on the trains that might hit them.

Hazmat also has to do this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Fox_River_Grove_bus–train_collision

youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1NY7VWJ_4

Thanks but that's like running into the middle of road without looking both ways, idk if you need a "complete" stop to check for oncoming trains bus is a high ride I'm sure you can see quickly both left and right

Because only the most utter or retards drive busses and they think they will ramp if they drive at normal speed

Skip to 8:50ish.

Busses do have absurdly stiff suspension.

>Confirmed for someone who has never operated a vehicle in their entire life.

Stop talking shit, the high ride makes it possible to see both left and right for oncoming trains

See

Not every railroad crossing has a good line of sight Cletus.

Buses travel in rural areas that may or may not have stop signs. When it's your child on that bus, you won't want some fuckhead flying over crossings either

that's really fucking retarded

yes, because when you're behind the wheel of a fucking fifteen ton bus with the braking distance of an eigth of a mile, you have time to look left and right without stopping

As a trucker, I have to say you really have no idea how this shit works.