/eagg/ - East Asian Genocide General - Dancing till page 10 Edition

Previous thread of no content:
Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/d4kmz03p
Musou Stars OST: pastebin.com/eB09X6D4
Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
What we know so far about DW9 (old & busted): pastebin.com/yyQCXi69
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6

Bulletin;
-Dynasty Warriors 9 won't be at E3, Liao Hua is still not playable, but Cheng Pu is.
-DW9 will be open world. We may or may not get a lot of newcomers. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-DW9 will be exclusive to the AtariBox.
-Warriors Orochi may or may not be phased out.
-Berserk Musou is out.
-Fate Extella: The Umbral Star is out.
-Sanadamaru is out, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version.
-Toukiden II is out.
-Musou Stars trademarked in Europe, called 'Warriors All-Stars'
-ROTK13pucc~ is out.
-tfw no pucc~ 2.
-Reminder to remind people that we exist.
-Fire Emblem Warriors got announced at E3 [the power of friendship!]
-Excluding Fire Emblem (But not really), feel free to discuss anything you think belongs to the general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BRPCl08DChQ
clyp.it/scide0b5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So we're dancing now huh?

Who is the better Koei twitter? Europe or US?

Why is he so perfect?

Cute!

>-DW9 will be exclusive to the AtariBox.
Damn that sucks. DW9XL mobile port when?

>10

Well, things can't be that bad?

least it ain't Koei doing something downright rediculous.

Sheesh everyone must be sleeping.

>Ten again

New characters when? What are the best bets?

wats this

Surely the boy Zhang Ren gets at least a half generic.

They need to do waaaay more half generics.

well, for Samurai Warriors, if they do make a new game, I somewhat expect Anjin Miura, Yasuke, and Yoshiteru Ashikaga as potential playable characters... maybe also Kennyo Honganji, Baiken Shishido and maybe a few others.

People from blast.

imgur.com/gallery/CL09T

Samurai Warriors has phased out anyone that doesn't belong to one of the major factions now, and they barely put any time into some of the less important older characters. I'd expect more post Honnoji figures from factions like the Hojo, Mori, or Shimazu along with a token female or two. Probably a new character for some more homo romance with Mitsunari too, so the fujoshi fanbase doesn't get bored.

Jia Xu

Ravages of Time Liu Shan.

>Samurai Warriors has phased out anyone that doesn't belong to one of the major factions now, and they barely put any time into some of the less important older characters.

Which is weird (and kinda sucks) because if anything, the SW setting lends itself more towards individual stories, yet KOEI seems to keep getting it mixed up with their 3K/Sengoku games and now DW9 is back to individual stories while SW5 will probably stick to factions.

Yasuke is redundant. They should just give Ranmaru more attention.

I wanna see Yoshiteru too but because his death was a catalyst for so many things, they'd probably avoid him. His brother on the other hand have a lot of potential, especially now that they've given more attention to Nobunaga's battles around Kyoto.

I can't imagine Okuni's "fight both sides, then pick a general to kidnap and hypnotize for some rapey time" in the newer games.

She's one of the most apparent victims, yeah. They also can't seem to decide whether to keep her mystic stuff or not.

I think she should at least be involved with the Mouri. It'd be a lot more interesting than what they got in SW4. Better yet, add Yamanaka Shikanosuke and have them team up to restore Izumo together. She could tease him to no end like she did Goemon.

>10

A few more days till the Steam sale so I can finally get DW8E and Spirit of Sanada. Hoping these can hold me over until DW9 comes.

>New characters when?
TGS

>What are the best bets?
I think it's time for Liao Hua, Bian Shi and either Yuan Shu or Gao Shun.

>Kennyo Honganji
They should add this crazy monk for like a decade now, dude is literally the final boss for Oda clan.

Yuan Shu isn't really that popular for the Others, Gao Shun and Zang Ba are the top two for them.

I think they're going back to individual stories purely because of issues from the open world, like they were talking about. Obviously I have no insight into their design philosophies but it seems like the most convenient way to go about this is just designing the battles first and then each character's story is just a matter of dropping them into the appropriate battles/time eras. DW9 will have over 90 characters, I can't see them getting more than a paragraph of text intro and then maybe an outro each.

So when will we get an actually decent crossover?

Eh, I think if Koei want to focus on early cast and story then Yuan Shu is a must, dude is one of the main Villian around that time along with Guo Si duo.

musou stars?

So how is Spirit of Sanada, is it any good? I loved DW8XLE but I never played any SW, nor am I really interested in japanese history.

Yuan Shu was voted 9th most popular OVERALL in Blast. That's pretty good considering there's about 100 or so characters in that game.

Is SW2E any good?
The only other one I played a lot of was DW5E and I loved that, and what little I remember of DW8E I think it was pretty shit.

Also SW4E is off the table as I dont have a current gen console, thanks koei

If you enjoyed 5E then you'll probably like SW2E. It does some things better than 5, and some things worse. The most annoying issue though is that due to being released before XL you can't play as any of the new characters.

Not really.
It's very story based, meaning there's nothing else to do beside the one single story line, the characters selection is extremely limited and they have rev up the grinding and repetitiveness a lot to make up for the otherwise lacking longevity.

As long as it's somewhat like an expanded ambition mode, it's fine. And I don't mind some grinding, if the characters are fun to play.

>Is SW2E any good?
It's good. SW4E is basically an upgrade of that except for the personalized convos

Atelier Musou when?

The closest thing to that you'll ever get is Warriors All-Stars

>Page 10

I would like to see Page 10 end...

come on sony, put toukiden 2 on a sale already

I want a Samurai Deeper Kyo Musou

I know this is out of left field, but I kinda would like a Ragnarok musou.

>Poor Man's Rurouni Kenshin Musou
Never going to happen

Besides the fact they both take place in Japan, they have nothing else in common.

>start reading Kingdom
>scanlations use Chinese names at first
>then out of the blue they turn into Japanese readings for everything but state names
>weebs congratulate them
fucking hell I'm mad, they wouldn't turn Yukimura into Zhentian Xingcun or Osaka into Daban, why turn Ying Zheng into Ei Sei or Xianyang to Kanyou

I can understand doing it in anime since it can be slightly confusing when you hear something completely different than what you see (I only played WO3 with JP voices, but it still messed with me sometimes), but in manga it's unforgivable

>tfw no page 10

Now that I really think about it, Cao Ren's blade shied seems to be the beginning of all those goofy and over the top weapon, huh?

I hate when this happens too, but to be fair it's easier to find the on'yomi (which is usually also written on top of the kanji) than the Pinyin transliteration.
Anyway, I'm glad that Kingdom is published in my country so I don't have to deal with that shit and the heavily filtered images.

I'd say feather fans shooting lasers is a bit more over than top than a shield with a detachable sword.

Well, that's more like an over the top move set rather than the over the top weapon.

I didn't watch it but I assume that the anime uses japanese pronunciation, so the idiots probably were confused who is who when they went to read it.

actually they assumed this was the case, while anime subs actually used the proper names (still jp dub used jp readings, but that's understandable)

but yes, that's one of the arguments for the jp names, the on'yomi says about also was one (though desu how many hanzi are there with more than one reading? this is stricte a Japanese issue), the strongest ones were that they simply preferred the kanji reading and that there are some characters whose names are in katakana

at least they're good translators and chill about it since they upload .psd files and allow some tinkering + maintain a spreadsheet, but still I'm just in a pedantic minority here

>page 10

>Ten

Guys? Why didn't Ma Chao ask Liu Bong or Kongbong to take in his sick friend Pang De??

Same reason why he got his family killed.

Ma Chao would have been angry that someone else had attention lavished on them instead of him and he'd of killed someone in a rage

Posting best dancing music.

youtube.com/watch?v=BRPCl08DChQ

Reporting my findings on emulating SW2+XL

with the 'Unlock Story Mode without Import code', most unique scenarios refuse to load
by unique I mean unselectable from Free Mode
so stuff like Masamune's Mikatagahara, dream stages etc.
also the emu can't load the 'Village Rescue' and 'Pirate Hunt' filler levels
Oichi's Village Rescue is unique and that one works, though

Now if you import, which only works for the American version(with the disc merging trick),
some of the stages start working but most of them still don't load
you just get a black screen with the stage's music playing

you can get past most of this by
playing through the stories with not loading levels in the original SW2
and once you're done, only then start playing XL
but you still won't be able to get all the 5th weapons

If only the game was as good as it's soundtrack

>killing soldiers with a flute

>Ten

DW10 release date?

Did she just get up from going down on him? Why the fuck do I still think like I'm 12?

that's for DW9

Correction, DW9 Empires.

>filename

>tfw no yellow turban campaign
>tfw no hypothetical yellow turban campaign where zhang jiao and friends successfully show china the light

>Zhang Jiao's story mode in DW9 is literally going to be one stage

TFW no hypothetical where Jiao saves everyone from their fates after the rebellion.
TFW he won't save Dong Zhou from becoming evil fat Santa Claus.

>hypothetical
>implying this isn't the true history the jews don't want you to know about

90% of the folklore about Guan Yu was actually originally about Zhang Jiao.

crack theory of this thread: Guan Yu is actually Zhang Jiao who realized YTR is gonna fail so he faked his death and fucked off with Liu Bei

>they wouldn't turn Yukimura into Zhentian Xingcun or Osaka into Daban
Ha ha, I think I'll start doing that occasionally to mess with weebs.

"Man, I find Zhitian Xinchang from the Zhanguo period of Riben such a fascinating character."

out of all the people he could've chosen he chose Liu Bei?
no wonder YTR failed then

It did happen once on /a/. Saki threads had a dedicated chink translator who did fast translation of every new Achiga-hen chapter but romanized all the names from pinyin. It became something of a thread folklore, but when the last chapter came out he quickly scanlated the chapter and uploaded it on all online readers, causing massive butthurt and calling it a fake translation.

The only way I can get on board with this theory is if """Guan Yu""" was secretly sabotaging Liu Gay the entire time.

Nice hat.

I cannot believe I figured out who that is

maybe the Zhang brothers = oath brothers

>le monkey general cheated on this

can't explain that

So are you saying le sleepy dragon was in on it too?

>tfw it really WAS all a part of his plan to lose battles

nah, Kongming was born in 181 when they all 'died' in 184, he could've been clueless the whole time

>implying he wasn't planning everything from the beginning while he was still a sperm cell.

Who is that supposed to be? Nobunaga?

Here's another thing I made to kill time
no bully pls
clyp.it/scide0b5

>Who is that supposed to be? Nobunaga?
Should be him

She happened

Holy shit I think I know which one is this.

Is it Struggle for Existence?

It does say that in the name but yes, it is Struggle for Existence

Wow, I'm fucking stupid for not noticing that.
Sounds comfy, by the way.

>Sounds comfy, by the way.
Thanks, I might do more
It's kind of fun, playing around with the drums, sounds and the like

>ten

>Play DW8E
>Sun Quan finally got cool move set
>Can't bear to play as him because his voice is so annoying.

Honestly, I think they better hire a new VA for the guy, this guy voice's not work for Mr.Quan.

>Honestly, I think they better hire a new VA for the guy, this guy voice's not work for Mr.Quan

>Japanese hiring a new VA just because
no way, not happening unless he dies
like Zhongda's VA(RIP) and then they'll get a VA that doesn't fit the character just like with Zhongda

Also playing SW2 again reminded me of
how much I like Keiji's voice compared to the Japanese version

I've played DW in japanese since 3, and his VA has always been one of the hardest to listen to. It probably hurts him as a character. Especially for someone that NEEDS to seem important since he's already at risk for being overshadowed.

Since english VAs are as disposable as toilet paper, any of those are likely to be replaced by the next one anyway.

Who do you think is best VA?

I don't know about best, but Sima Yi's VA is usually pretty entertaining. The last couple games have let him show more range than just general arrogance, too. Which is nice since he was pretty boring other than his voice before. I guess I feel like Samurai Warriors has some better japanese VAs in general, with DW having a lot more that are seriously annoying.