Why don't they make any pushrod inline 4 engines?

Why don't they make any pushrod inline 4 engines?

Ford Endura-E, used until the mid 2000s.

Because you need to rev high to make any power and pushrods don't like it.

No real benefits compared to OHC. You save a tiny bit on engine height and cylinder head size, but you lose high revs and 4 valves per cylinder (which are two things you need if you wanna make any kind of power from a small engine).

>what is GM 122 engine
>what is 2200 vortec

do you even S10 bro

Whatever they had in the ford KA was known to be pushrod

Pre-'96(?) Twingos used a pushrod 1.2l 4 cylinder.

That's what I'd want in all hon..honesty. Reving your engine is for attention seeking faggots.

I'd want the 16V for that sweet 15hp increase compared to the OHC 8V, or 20hp over the OHV.

so the OHC 8V only had 5 hp on the OHV, not worth the added complexity weight, size, and cost

I'd argue the OHV was actually the more complex unit, having to use individual pushrods and rocker arms and all. Weight made hardly any difference since they're both very small engines.
Keep in mind the OHC was almost 100cc smaller too, 1149cc compared to the OHV unit's 1239cc, and yet it managed to make ever so slightly more power.

>it managed to make ever so slightly more power.
But then your back to reving the hell out of it. I bet the OHV had a more usable torque curve.

those engines often have a really noisy valvetrain

The OHC makes both peak power and peak torque at lower RPM than the OHV.
60hp at 5250rpm vs 55hp at 5300rpm, and 69ftlbs at 2500rpm vs 66ftlbs at 2800rpm.
Actual dyno sheets are almost impossible to find, especially of the OHV.

who the fuck would dyno a twongi

Btfo

Because pushrod V's cut down on production costs by reducing amount of camshafts. You could argue that a singular cam pushrod inline 4 would cost less to produce than a DOHC inline 4, but remember that SOHC inline 4's don't sell well anymore.

While push rods do in fact push gods, you also need to know that there is no replacement for displacement.

Are you the same faggot who posted the thread asking why no one made 6 cylinder boxer engines? Fuck off dumbass

Skoda/VW used I4 pushrod engines till mid 2000s.

Had one in Skoda, full aluminum and very light. Drawbacks where 1krpm lower redline than similar ohc engine and higher fuel consumption.

The precursor to the Volvo Redblock engine, the B18/B20, were OHV inline 4s that somehow still revved to six grand plus.

>I bet
Well until you know, don't assert that one is better.