Jobs of Veeky Forums

>2007 Porsche Boxster S with 91k miles for sale in my area for $18k
>mfw I'm fucking broke and am trying to repair my daily and my gf's daily at the same time
Anyway, what kind of jobs do you guys have to support this expensive hobby? Are there any good ways to make money on the side besides becoming a humble online t-shirt merchant? I don't want to become an Uber driver, because buying a car I don't want with another insurance policy defeats the purpose of saving money for a car I do want.

I've been an electronics technician for a major logistics corporation for about three months, as well as working retail part-time. My pay isn't exactly spectacular since the cost of living in my area is low.

The best thing you can do short term wise is budget what you already make so you're not living paycheck to paycheck. If you start each month with a detailed list of expenses it's easy to stick with it and see how much more you can save every month.

I make journeyman wage at my job (~$22/hr) but despite that I am able to save $500-$750 every month due to budgeting what I spend. It's not crazy good but I am happy with it for now.

As far as side income goes, one idea I've heard of and considered doing is buying a box van and getting a delivery job for a company like Amazon that pays you to use your own vehicle, and then renting it out when you're not using it. The guy who bought my last car does this and said it can be tricky finding someone who wants a box van just two days out of the week but it's worth it if you can.

I do part time IT at a medium sized company to support my hobbies and family, since I still live at home and go to school.
0 intention of moving out until I graduate since college and work is under 20 miles away as is and I will NOT find anything nice for someone who just makes 1400 a month.

I suggest saving up and moving out to somewhere by the city where the cost of living is higher but you get better pay, so all you have to do is go a city over to buy something for cheaper

If you break up with your cheating slut then you’ll stop being broke. Yes, she is.

I've considered it simply because whenever I start saving money and want to buy something Veeky Forums or /k/ related, she coincidentally has some kind of emergency with getting sick or buying textbooks or needing car repairs, etc. I know >tfw no gf is a meme here, but they will seriously drive you to the brink of insanity and find a way to play the victim.

How exactly does renting your vehicle out to someone work when it comes to the insurance policy? I'm terrified of someone getting into an accident in my vehicle and making my insurance premium shoot up sky high.
I already live in the city.

Tech/Auditor/Sometimes IT at a small (but growing) asset recovery warehouse. We get used info-tech stuff like systems and servers, restore/repair and resell. The money is okay, but it's so laid back and there's never any stress. I still have plenty of energy at the end of the day, and I can ask for money loans or payday advances up to like 4 grand whenever I want to.

What I do for extra cash here and there is work on cars. Mostly simple stuff, like oil and spark plugs, but right now

I don't really have expensive hobbies.

I have 2 cars that I made sure I could pay off before I financed. One has been paid off since 2004 and the other will be paid off next year.

I make 37/hr plus time and a half for O/T, I do private security for Gardaworld (domestically). Average work week is 40-55 hours

God dammit
>but right now

I'm working on a trans swap, along with a new rear main seal and clutch for this Civic I have now, and after that I'm doing a head gasket. Then there's a friend at work that wants me to get his engine running straight and brake lights working, and after that I got someone with a CV axle going out I might replace. After you do a few jobs for real cheap, if you do really good work then word gets around fast.

>i know im being manipulated but i choose to do nothing about it
Enjoy that empty wallet and sloppy seconds, pal. You could change this at any given second before she starts begging for a baby to lock you down.

>t. MGTOWfag

>driver for the pizza factory
>97 maxima
>94 soarer/sc400

I deliver pizza in a 2010 accord coupe and each month I've been investing $1500 into dividend stocks. Zero debt, 793 credit score.

The key to success is not having a gf, living in a dumpster, wearing brandless / utility clothing, 500mb data plan, not having any bills outside of electricity and $30 internet, using CCs for purchases, never pay to bank, eating garbage, use space heaters, and showering with warm water quickly. Wear pairs of pants maybe 2 days a week, use the same towel when you shower a few times. Try to take a piss before bed even if you don't have to piss so you have better sleep. Also use ebates and buy everything electronic off AliExpress.

Basically if you don't live you can drive whatever shitbox you want

Professional uni student

i thought an electric technician has a good salary?

Got a 987 Cayman S ( 23K € )
Web Developer ( 40K € gross )

What about rent?

Cayman s bro here as well. Mine was £18k
I set up another account arranged direct debt of major of my earnings and chopped up the other card so I would have to go into the bank to withdraw.
I managed to buy a house and two fun cars (old mini as well as cayman) before I was 25.
I’m a funeral director and worked shit ton of over time covered all private ambulance work and worked weekends. But now I can chill a little bit.

Howd you get into private security? Considering it as a career.

Software engineer, cybersec, & final-tier IT support for a company that does road toll automation for many states.

Just got the position this week; $70k in one of the lowest cost-of-living states.

Gonna get stable, get a turbo Subie for DD, then beast-mode my miat. Feelsgoodman.

Most people do it straight out of the military.

I was never in the military but I did work a security job at a jewelry store for 5 years (which helped). Also having a license to carry a concealed firearm and taking any types of additional shooting or defensive driving classes will get your foot in the door.

I took defensive driving, Already had my license to carry, and I took courses and won trophies from my local gun range.

Also anything you do for the public will get you serious consideration, Like for instance being part of the explorer or aux. program with local LE or taking ANY classes local LE offers, Or even being a vol. firemen...2 guys that recently got hired are vol. firemen.

Also you need a SPOTLESS record. Both driving and criminal

I have never had a ticket in my life luckily, I also have never been charged with any criminal or civil offenses.

If you can take driving and range time serious...You can get your foot in the door and start making good money. I started at 22/hr and I wasn't even leaving the building, Just paperwork.....How fuckin easy is that?

An the job is interesting and new everyday, Now that I look back on being a guard at that jewelry store was cripplingly boring.

How are the seats on the Accord couoe?

I do HVAC and have a company truck.. Currently, my shitbox is uninsured and unregistered lolol. Its been driven maybe 15 miles in the last month tho.

I just fix printers at the moment. The salary cap for my job is like $70k, but I just started with about $32k. The company I work for has good benefits, though. I was thinking about joining the Navy if I didn't get hired here, but this job is stupid easy. I get paid over $15 an hour to fuck around on Veeky Forums all day.
He said he lives in a dumpster.

How did you get your credit score that high? I would like to buy a new car by mid 2019, but I'm afraid I'll have to finance part of it.

>Leasing a used car.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I've funneled all my purchases through credit cards the last 6 years for purchases and pay the full balance off every month to get cashback. I never use cash.

I've also had 2 loans - my first shitbox was on a $8k loan and I paid it off in full after about 5 months, then I paid off 6k of my mom's CCs with my CCs (21% to 1% interest), paid that off within a year.

The second loan was for the Accord coupe through the dealership. I had the money to buy the car with cash for 10k but I had to finance it because my cash was in limbo (I had moved it to another account to buy a car in cash by owner), not having a car for a single week means I lose $1000. So I financed 12k then paid it off in full after 3 months.

Then I cleared my CCs to empty. I have 3 CCs - one 3k limit, one 7k, and one 12k.

My score increased from 755 to 776 to 793 in the last 6 months.

Good. Mine are cloth.

$675/mo living alone in a 40yo apartment building. Basically a dumpster.