Mfw people buy brand new sports cars over $50...

>mfw people buy brand new sports cars over $50,000 and choose a technology from the 1800’s instead of a dual clutch automatic transmission which is far superior in every way

Seriously what are these people thinking? Sure a manual in your used Miata or 370z is preferable but why would anyone choose a manual 911 for example over one with Porsche’s PDK?

Resell value.

Oh look, another stupid frogposter

Feels. Pure performance is only part of the equation for some.

because they find it more enjoyable
same reason I onnly bang fat chicks with deep voices

for fun, retard

but most people dont get the manual so idk wtf ur even talking about

>Buy $50,000 car
>Still uses technology from 9,000BCE

kekd

>not racing my car because street cars aren't eligible in races
>not street racing because it's illegal
>only racing my own time if I go to the track
>MPG difference is minimal and balanced out by lower initial cost and maintenance cost anyway
>actual acceleration in gear feels just as fast even if overall 0-60 is slower due to shift times
>can still be engaged in the act of driving when I'm not pushing 9/10ths
Benchracing is fucking retarded, "muh feels" is the only thing that matters

/thread
Stop replying to frogposter threads. Let this sage’d post be the last one.

>choosing Rock Wheel Drive (Rwd) over Feet Wheel Drive (fwd)
Good luck getting stuck in a velociraptor nest

Some guys spent like $40k manual swapping g his brand new 991 GT3 RS

The wheel is the only available option.

Then again I’m not surprised someone who uses a caveman transmission is this dense.

If you’re not driving it at 9/10 then you might as well be driving an automatic.

Dual clutch is both better for performance and superior for monotonous daily driving, but yeah you can’t put the shifter up your ass when you’re bored so I guess you manualfags have that point.

>DCT
>good for daily driving
LOL no

/thread

The worst part of Automatics is that any dumb retard can get behind the wheel and drive, trivializing driving. Manual should've been the standard for decades, if you're too old to use a clutch then you shouldn't drive. Women especially are always spaced out when behind the wheel because the gearbox does all the work for them, now add a cellphone to that equation. Automatics should have NEVER been invented, the roads would've been much safer since driving would require full thought and commitment, and all the brainlets would have to take the bus instead.

>Texting and driving doesn't exist in countries where manual is the norm
I'm a manual fag and even I think this is retarded

>DCT is good for daily driving

Ever been to europe lad?

Clutches and gearboxes can fail in manuals too user

Yeah if you're a moron who doesn't service them and can't drive

No manual will fail in a 5 year old car like in pic related

>yuropoors
>affording phones

But it makes sense that a casual driver wouldn't get the clutch in their auto serviced. When you drive a manual you press the clutch possibly hundreds of times a day so you'll notice any tiny difference in the feeling as it wears.
Someone who drives an automatic would never consider that there clutch could wear or that it even exists

>make driving easier for stupid / lazy people
>why are so many people having car accidents?

daily reminder that frogposters are all newfags that deserve to be rounded up like cattle and slaughtered

>modern cars shift themselves, are silent, don't communicate anything to the driver, and use sensors to replace your situational awareness
>are full of touchscreens which cannot be operated without looking away from the road
It's surprising more people aren't just falling asleep at the wheel

Don't fix what ain't broke faggot

>touchscreens which cannot be operated without looking away from the road
this shit annoys me, yeah sure after maybe 6 months of getting to know where every button is you'll be able to turn the radio on without looking at the screen but in the meantime you're fucked
all the good double-din head units are touch shit now too

wtf is that Tamagochi tier screen in that Focus?