cepheiisafag.com

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq (embed) (embed)

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db (embed) (embed)

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HUxY94-X-ls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just let it die

Shan't

How are people playing the 1968 campaign without wanting to pull their hair out?

I've actually had a lot of fun playing the 68 campaign with the Russian playable subs- you have actually functional torpedos and it's fun to use the sneaky diesel boats, or the AESTHETIC November

Does the Mk 48 actaully miss? Everytime that triangle has turned red I've gotten a hit

I always thought of a cold-war themed RTS that would work kind of like a base building game since the secondary theme would be post-nuclear and everything is decentralized

In DCS, is it just me or is the Ka-50 really easy to overspeed?

It is but you'll get used to it. Make sure to roll left and rudder right when turning fast. Also if you lower the collective you get up 450 in a dive and not have to worry about rotor collision.

>when you need 3-4 hours to do something for work but you wanna sim
KSLC-KDTW

what was the reasoning behind the soviets making so many different sub classes? It's not like subs have huge mission variety.

competing design bureaus

>turns your anti submarine frigate into a submarine frigate
ptth, nothing personnel kid

There have been a couple of occasions where they were spooked and went completely off target or went for a wreck.

>10

>want to just dump a billion flight-sim screenshots on Tumblr
>you have to follow some other users (and maybe interact with them, i forget) for people to see your posts instead of just having things appear in tags
>don't care about anyone on tumblr enough to follow them and certainly not to interact with them using an account that isn't for interaction but for noise spam

>since i can't play ops or any flight sims

ground forces for DCS and create shitty maps?

The real question is, does the MK 37 ever hit anything or is it always doomed to an eternal chase of anything into the afterlife?

That's 2/4 of the Soviets Kiev's sunk.

Is it normal for Soviet carrier groups to have only one FFG and one DDG?

>tfw never seen a Soviet carrier ever

I doubt it, though Russian carriers are designed to need less support. Kiev-class is technically a "heavy aircraft cruiser"

Shame. It's pretty fun.

They take like 4-5 Mk.48's though.

How do you get them to pop up?

It's just RNG, AFAIK

Both times I got them to pop by being issued the Tankers and Tenders hunt mission, so there's usually a Chilikin AOR or some other AO, like a Kazbek, accompanied by a couple Kanin DDG's and maybe a Grisha FFG

I've sank 30 submarines about 15 of which were through the SSG mission. Of those I've only got one Oscar. I'm dreading an insertation.

Why do people prefer SH3 to SH5? Whats the difference?

I was considering installing SH5 with the TWOS modpack, would this give a decent experience of the sub genre? I'm pretty new, have just been playing Cold Waters over the last week or so and fancy diving in deeper.

Rig for silent running, scrape the sea floor, accelerate time.

Job done.

I couldn't find a better thread on /v/ or Veeky Forums to ask this:

How feasible is it in Elite: Dangerous to team up with friends to PvP? Some posts I read from 10 months ago said that it's possible with the Wings update, whatever that did, but often you're not put in the same instance.

So does it work or not?

Did they nerf the Mk.48's or something?

Used to be getting 1 shots on Udulays and shit but now they take at least 2

>mission where u kill sub tendies
WTF SHIT GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you Wing with people then you can mostly get everyone in the same instances, but theres a chance when all of you don't drop at the same time to be put in a different instance.

If you really want PvP your best chance is just interdick people doing powerplay such as moving cargo don't the fags doing combat zones because they always in the le reddit discords of what ever superpower they are in.

it looks like they just strapped a flight deck to a normal ship desu

i kinda like it

>When you see the reflection of the ship better than the ship

Fucking unity.

Today was a good day.

A very good hunt.

> Unity
1. That isn't Unity
2. When that happens that's just bad programming, not Unity's fault

Cool, I'll remember that. Now I just need to stop fucking up my autopilot and trim while in level flight. Tried a night flight last night and engaged autopilot without realizing it, accidently disengaged it and caused a rotor collision. Damn near shit myself after hearing the bang and seeing all my indicators go nuts with pitch darkness outside the cockpit.

Cold waters is a unity game.

mod?

What mod is this?

>ordered to return to holy loch after sinking invasion crew
>hull at 30%
>only 4 mk.48's left
>no VLS TLAMs
>moment I arrive COMMAND gives me orders to sink another marine invasion group
>fail the mission while I'm still restocking my sub

what was I meant to fucking do

That's not Cold Waters

Photoshop of cold water's 3d with dangerous waters UI.

Alright then, my mistake.
Regardless, it's not a Unity issue it's a fault of the developer's implementation.

delete the enemy. surface . say 'DELET' and then they are forced to scuttle.

here is an example of the enemy doing a delet this maneuver

Hey, that's my screenshot

cool

No one wants tedious base building wankery anymore.

>he still fires torpedo's

what the fuck is this shit

>i still can't perform TMA in the OHP because windows 10

shit sucks, then again autocrew is so much better at this shit

They didn't? Soviets made 23 Sub classes throughout the Cold War, Americans made 28.

Granted the Americans had a lot of one-offs, but on the other hand I'm counting the auxiliaries for the soviets as seperate classes.

>what was the reasoning behind the soviets making so many different sub classes?

Better is the enemy of good enough.

Cold Waters feels like the submarine sim equivalent of Whack-a-mole.

That's because it's not even a carrier. It's classified as a heavy missile cruiser with carrier capability.

What's happening when a torpedo is headed right for you but curves away a few feet before it your hull?

It's getting confused by the nature of reality and starts spinning in circles rethinking the purpose of it's creation.

Play the 60s campaign.

It's getting confused by something and running it's drive around routine.

australian submarine. when it wants to dive it starts flying

Reminder that you are like a little baby. Unless that's the 1968 campaign, in which case: Breddy good.

Are there any mods for supercavitating torpedos?

>Chiz says 2.5 this year for sure

doubt.jpg

lol fuck off mate those numbers are shit.

goml

I don't know, but it's fairly easy to cause the torpedos to do it if you go evasive up and down before it hits. Then you can spoof them with a MOSS.

>49 days at war
>he can't end the war fast

How important would control of the North Atlantic have been in a Soviet invasion of Western Europe? Wouldn't the Soviets just be shipping the majority of their supplies over land?

Cmon, has ED ever let you down before?

>not using the extended campaign mod

what are you, some sort of shit scrub?

A war this size wouldn't end in a month. It'll take 4, minimum until nukes are thrown around.

It would be important that NATO holds it so that NATO can ship supplies from North America.

Is FSX Steam Edition good enough to spend money on it?

currently in the process of making a Royal Navy Trafalgar-class fleet submarine.

wish me luck, lads. I have no modelling skills but did take up a lesson in coding 10 years ago.

>sub that looks like this
>1st world navy
lol

*wishes you luck*

>2 seal missions in a row
Fuck me lads.

By the way, what are the best mods?

>30 year old submarine
>been at sea for 6-8 months
>not expecting it to look like shit
anechoic tiles fall off after long periods at sea. Same thing happens to the Los Angeles, Seawolf, and Virginia class subs.

pic related is how it actually looks

youtube.com/watch?v=HUxY94-X-ls
Silver Dragon from the forums demonstrates behaviour in the Su-24M that would indicate that it is ready for a pilotable cockpit.

Ewwww
>DCS

For a boat named the Tireless it looks very tired

damn nigga this really got me thinking now

>tfw you have more fun taking screenshots than flying

>single handedly ending WWIII in two weeks
wew

Look what I found.

You should probably sink it before someone notices you're there.

>playing cold waters
>doing really well, fail only one mission in 29 days
>get peace talks newspaper
>mission to intercept cruise missile subs going under the artic
>get into fight with single diesel electric sub while crossing norwegian sea
>he dives too deep avoiding a torpedo under time compression (I'd already given up on the torp and was waiting for another to reach him)
>he fires a torpedo before he dies
>turn into it and ascend from 600 to 100
>torp acquires me anyway, so flank speed planes -30, full to port
>turn on time compression to see if the torp reacquires me as it turn
>pass 1000 while focusing on torp, game doesn't go back to real time
>pass crush depth, boom
>russians that were is peace talks conquer all of europe
One small mistake and the game not turning off time compression cost all of europe.

The campaign feels really silly at points.

I doubt the Soviet Navy in all their incompetence would carry on with an amphibious landing if 2 out of the 8 vessels actually made it without being torpedoed.

>trusting chiz
Its because of him that you wont ever see a mig 23 27 or good missiles in dcs or a dynamic canpaign

Anyone have a RobZ Realism mod download?

Yeah every Friday

And now every wednesday

>makes this autism video
>doesnt check other non-pilotable aircraft for the same behaviour

Is there any way to look up a sort of full airline schedule for a plane for a day instead of just an individual flight?

(i.e. one pilot is going to depart big town in the morning and fly to nowhere municipal to irrelevance, NA to Atlantis georgia regional airport to i forget the name of this one, then back to big town in the late afternoon, but if you look at that passenger-booking wise that can be big town > Atlantis Georgia, irrelevance >i forget, or so on, since the airline probably doesn't even let you book the circular flight.)

He does. He did the F-15E

wouldnt that mean his su-24 becoming playable soon bullshit is bullshit?

>49 days
>B-but muh mod
Wanna compare missions completed per day or tonnage sunk per day and see what's what? Come talk the shit under the polar ice cap not in the thread and see what happens.

tacview for cold waters when

Anyone got that spreadsheet for all the data on ships and weapons in Cold Waters?

does anybody play DW?