twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

subaru

No?

Same price range as a Camaro and slow.

>ugly as fuck
>shit interior
>overpriced
Pretty much only good as a rally car

We don't hate the car. We hate the pretentious wannabe racers that drive them.

Lesbian vaper fuccbois

Looks like an 05 Corolla S with a body kit

I'm a subbie fanboy and sat in a new one and hated it because it felt like it was trying to be something it was not. When I think WRX STi I think rally, not heated seats and infotainment systems.

Way too nerdy. 90% of the new ones are driven by Asian IT dudes who sell them to vapefags before it falls apart. You're not going off road or through a real winter with lopro tires like that so you might as well get a real rwd pavement princess.

absolutely disgusting design
no visibility
shittier interior than ever before
engine not any stronger or more powerful after 20 years
expensive for what it is
community 40% vapelord/60% douchebags

everyone and their mother owns one

>all opinions
nice
not an argument

>awd means it should go off-road

???

Because it's not pic related.

And because there are faster and much more exciting cars for the money.

>no visibility
Literally the best visibility of any modern car

>Asks Veeky Forums why they hate sti
>Doesn't want opinions
what did he mean by this?

if you want the thing, buy it, and don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks, just like everyone else does

>low profile tires
>low ground clearance
>pavement tires

Not even a good rally car (in stock form)

Off road as in rough gravel roads, Not rock crawling. Wasn't that the whole point of Subaru in the first place? A rally car for the streets?

Yes those are my opinions on why I dislike the car, fucking moron

A) A lot of fuccboi vapebros drive them, so by the laws of Autismo, any one who drives them must be a fag.
B) A majority of Veeky Forums swears that horsepower is the only important thing in a car, so when they see that the price is comparable to an American "muscle" car, they chimp out.
C) The interior is subjectively very bad.

>he asked o why they don't like the car
>they gave their answers why
>he doesn't like it
>time to spill spaghetti

your face pic related

I don't dislike the car I dislike the fucktards who buy them.
Worst car fanbase ever.

Owners and it's a toyota piece of shit and the Focus RS is superior in everyway.

The car world equivalent of the undertale fanbase. Regardless what people think of the game, the fanbase alone is enough to drive anyone away.

>not going through a real winter with lopro tires
>215/50/r17 Altimax Arctics on my 2016 WRX winter setup
>"low profile"

R E T A R D
E
T
A
R
D

Because the older ones are cheaper and look nicer

Including all the same type of engine failures that Subaru had on the EJ255 and EJ257..

As well as being $9,000 more expensive.

And you're driving a Ford... with the fakest junk interior ever.

You RS cucks just aren't getting the price difference... it's hugely more expensive.

I can buy a super clean JDM STI, for the price difference of the new STI vs the RS.

Spot how many GC chassis are in this photo. All of them were under $5000.

Where picture go, WTF Asian Cartoon Board?

coulda had an evo.

>b-but muh rally heritage, muh WRB muh boxer rumble!!

1996 and older STI interior was awesome.

Simple, effective, comfy, no faggot air bags, alcantara that feels sexy.

Mmmm.

U U U U

>i sat in one
>guys, this thing is so bad because it's not made from 1999
god, fucking kill yourself

>absolutely disgusting design
subjective
>no visibility
this is where I find out you're a complete fucking retard. The car is renowned for extremely good visibility
>shittier interior than ever before
the best interior in terms of materials and placement, if you're speaking of design, then that's subjective
>engine not any stronger or more powerful after 20 years
the only thing that you're correct about
>expensive for what it is
fits precisely in with competitors
>community 40% vapelord/60% douchebags
completely pointless point

Want to know how I know you're a 12 year old bench racing bus rider?

Dykemobile

B = Bait

>WRX sedan
>dykemobile

Fucking newfag.

>implying

kek

literally the first thing that comes up when you search "subaru dykes" in youtube.

Top fucking KEK.

youtube.com/watch?v=zZqlJspKtX8

forgot link.

No you dumb faggot, it's just not interesting compared to what I like STi's for, as a modern car fan it was kind of cool, but for the price I don't know why you'd buy it. If you want all those features you can get any other car for cheaper, Subaru doesn't need to be making the STi like that at all, it just doesn't make sense you faggot.

Not that fast
The Toyota Corolla of sports cars
Looks ugly compared to the previous gen
NO HATCH MODEL

banana stuck in wheels

Well if you even get close to the 0-60 time you risk drivetrain damage.

Looks better than last gen. 3rd gen imprezas are way too feminine looking.

Some of these guys get victim complexes thinking Veeky Forums genuinely hates a Benz, or Subaru, or Cameros or whatever. Guys who drive these vehicles are giant fags.

Same reason why they hate this car. Jealousy

I don't hate them, I think they're awesome

I don't. I've had my 08 wrx for nine years.

It's pretty quick now.

Toyota will never win le mans

>slow
>overweight
>ugly

I like the Forester XT now because I'm all grown up.

because it turned into a boring street car. It used to be a fun turn key rally machine, now its more focussed on the demographic that actually buys it: chinks and vapelords that lower it or bag it, and add cambered deep-dish bling rims. Its not a bad car, Its just not what it used to be.

08 Narrowbody bros

Great looking car desu idk what all these cowards in this thread are talking about

Get a bumper lip it will look better

kys

the filename

mad

Lemme guess
This is your car, right?

The reason why these cars get hate is the average owner. Most people that by these cars fucktard boiracers. The understeer meme is mostly from these fucktards drive fast on roads they don't know.

I remember there's this video of a hill climb event were there was a free class where someone entered a stock mclaren P1 and someone else entered a fully built subaru hill climb car, and of course the race car wins, but all the fuckbois are commenting "subie pride" or "it's my car just with a big wing"

>Pic related

Then you're a moron. No one is going to sell a honest-to-god, real really car as a mass-produced commercial product. Even the old STI's were rally cars - the vast majority of the USDM models have a goddamn 2.5L engine. GTFO with your poser/hipster bullshit, I'll bet you don't know dick about WRC.

I like the hatch version

This is dumb, Honda,Fiesta/Focus,Volkswagen,BMW,Hyundai, crowds all have cancerous people list goes on

>>Turn key rally machine
.4L engine
>>no underbody plating
>>no roll cage
>>no anti-lag
>>Impreza with sport suspension vs. WRC racing suspension

Lol, yeah, previous gen STI's were OEM rally cars for sure.

i'm looking at getting a new car and the wrx is at the top of my list. what alternatives would you rec (serious question)?

You know the difference. Hyundai crowd doesn't exist. Volkswagens also gets flak here. BMW crowd is mostly badge fags and are easily dismissed retards. FiST has a mild and well mannered group. FoST isn't big enough to be cancer. Honda fanbois are basically dead or with their 3k civics.

BMW,Fiesta/Focus,Volkswagen owners vape just as much as subaru owners. They also have the same shit taste in plenty of cases

I love STis - had pic related for 6 years. I regret selling it every day (other than the financial aspects).

Back in the late '00s dropping less than a grand into mods would make you one of the fastest cars around in almost every way. Lots of understeer if you cheap out on tires though.

Something something rich whiteboi

Waaaaaahhhhh people are better than meeeee waaahhhhh.

Yes, both of my parents were usaf pilots. I know how lucky I am/was. I also had a job from the week after I turned 16 until my last 2 years in college.

Also, it was only $22k flat w/ 5k miles on it from a regional car auction.

>First pic I took of it in '07.

I'm not hating just having a chuckle, you're alright lad

You know that driver is the minority for BMW; that most are just black or white cars with the model designation removed and maybe a fake m badge. I never mentioned vape.

The WRX and sti have a history that has created the image of them being race cars and tuner cars. Most people that seek these cars do so because they seek the image. They think buying a fast car will elevate them, as they can have something that is the "best". So it tends to attract fucktards that think they are "in the know" and constantly try to validate their purchase, as it is such a huge part of this image they think they are projecting.

Is this a generalisation? Yes it is, but this is what most people see when one of these cars drive by, the same way you know that BMW is shitty

>implying you need an argument to hate something
Hating is an opinion and your reasons are your opinions

>rev hang
>turbo lag
>feels awful to drive
>underpowered for what you're paying
only upside is the awd

>35 grand for a 300 horsepower 4cyl that gets awful mileage for the power output
35 grand could buy you a brand new mustang GT, and is enough to tune any 4cyl shitbox into a vehicle that will outperform this by far. You could also buy a type-r civic that out-performs it for 2 grand less. Not to mention a base-line, cheaper civic type-r has been rumored all damn day by cnet and other sites.

I'd just wait for the Honda. Subaru will likely want to compete and then offer a similar package a year or two down the road. Then you take 10 grand off this thing for the same intended purposes.

the 26k ecoboost mustang has more power and better gas milage

5.0 mustang starts at 45, with cloth seats, in my state.

>has more power

maybe you could prove that

Look, I agree. I mean, objectively speaking a stage 2 wrx is faster, less lag, more friendly to drive, and as good/little better on gas. Owning these cars has never been about the vape life, or memes, or boi racers, or being the fastest on the road. You drive it because you want to drive it. I agree 99% of people who drive the turbo impreza platform (or whatevers left of it) suck as human beings. Subaru "clubs" are fucking terrible. But who cares what other people think? you bought the fucking thing cause you wanted it. if you don't, trade it in for a 370z. But i'm still driving mine regardless of how many camaros cuck me on the highway

>regardless of how many camaros cuck me on the highway
How many camaros are driving 160 on the highway?

Subies run out of steam waaay before 160. There's only so much you can do with short and low gearing and 300hp. Your average V6 sedan can keep up no problem on the highway.

you can't even WOT any gear after 3rd without blowing the mother fuckers up.