/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

We should really be making this threads before the previous one dies Edition.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2y2NBCVdyJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=kAuVga9GWIg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread is like Zelda: Shit. Long live obscure roaming Gerudo waifu

>Fighting Silver Lynel on mountaintop
>Running out of heals and champion abilities were on cooldown beforehand
>Fight is getting intense as fuck
>Fucking Farosh flies around the arena super close to us, making the arena epic as shit
>tfw a random overworld encounter was cooler than the final boss

I am still under the impression that people have kind of forgotten about the triforce.
I have my doubts whether or not even the royal family remembers. I am kind of under the impression that they don't.

Looks to me like they're only vaguely familiar with the "holy power" as they call it, at this point. Without having the full picture any more.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Deku Tree is the only one who actually remembers. If even that. Interestingly enough the Deku Tree is the only one who calls the master sword by its name too.

Reminder that you're waifu not a shit and have a nice day.

The story quests of BotW are mostly garbage and playing them removes a lot of the fun. The Champions already tell you everything you need to know and aren't garbage.
If you're reading this and still haven't played it yet let me tell you that when you do play BotW DON'T do the "Seek out Impa" quest. Just go explore for mats and shrines to get the Master Sword and needed armour then do the Divine Beasts and then go kill Ganon. Forget about the Koroks they only give you something that kills the fun of weapon management.
I guarantee you'll have a lot more fun this way than talking to the Impa and doing the boring quests that'll make you so OP you'll be practically cheating when done.

I think it can be good for people who have no clear direction where to go. Especially if they want the true ending, the quests are mandatory then.

not him but im like 20-30 hours in, only got 2 memories. too hidden, only found 1 by chance, other some guy told me where to go

the more you travel and get familiar with the landscape, the better you'll get at being able to take a look at the pictures and realize exactly where they are.

look for landmarks in them and try to match the angle.

I don't know lad, I didn't have much trouble looking at the pictures and working it out, though I had explored pretty much the whole map by then and pieced it together that way.

This is completely cucco.

pls don't die again

botw is lacking dungeons

I wish the Soldier's set had some small set bonus like decreased stamina for attacks. It's dumb that Amber Earrings/Cap of the Wild (nonmetal/stealthier) and Ancient Helm (nonmetal/guardian resist) are both strictly better than the Soldier's Helm so I can't use it without feeling like a total roleplayer.

I guess it's supposed to be an early game option like the Hylian clothes, but with the moderate rupee cost and the requirement of Lynel drops to upgrade it all the way, I doubt it fills whatever the function it was designed for.

Unless it was designed as a noob trap. It's an excellent noob trap.

That's what happens when you rest until morning and go to Gerudo Summit. He comes by the same time every morning, so not that random.

>Don't do the quest that points you to the shrine that teaches you basic combat maneuvers
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're unusual for not wanting to know the controls for the game you're playing at that you probably shouldn't be giving people suggestions as if that's a reasonable preference to have.

The game is great for exploration, environment and the world in general. I got lost with dicking around, finding stuff and doing stuff. Racked up a couple of hundred hours pretty easy. I loved some of the more unique shrine quests like Eventide, Shrouded and probably a load others. I had more fun finding/accessing the shrines than actually doing them, though I did like doing them too (mainly for puzzles, though I expected them to be easy given the quantity) even though I got a little tired of them after a while. I like variety in general, and I get bored of seeing the same style like colours and such. Like I said, finding the more hidden ones I missed taking me to places I didn't know before was really nice. The world itself was varied with its environments and palette, and that I like. Easily my favourite thing about the game.

Divine beasts weren't all that great and you were always told the same things, but by the different disembodied champions. I kind of miss the old style dungeons, where you got something unique each time in terms of the theme and bosses and sometimes enemies, not just a different layout with the colours for the dungeon and bosses remaining the same while being very short at that. They were longer and more considered, sometimes requiring you to use your brain more/better and there were more of them, not just four. The difference in what lacked was passed off to the shrines, which were a more involved way of getting the equivalent of a heart piece.

I didn't think much of the story either. Champions were the only decent thing I guess, and I'm glad there will be a DLC about them, which I hope doesn't end up a disappointment. I'm thinking a lot more of the time and consideration went into making a great open world, which I mentioned was easily my favourite thing about the game. But at the same time this came at the expense of other things, like integrating longer, better dungeons and a deeper more engaging story. And voice actors.

After replaying the early part of the game 4 times over and staying quiet for almost a month because I wanted to absolutely be sure of the findings.

I can confirm the following things.

*The blood moon DOES NOT influence when a monster becomes stronger. (When you hit a trigger for their growth, they will automatically advance, regardless of a blood moon if they are alive.

*Monsters becoming stronger is based not only on monsters killed, but how strong the monsters were that you killed . (I.E. You can kill 10 red bokos, but a single black boko is considered to be 'worth more'.)

As for what each monster is worth. I lack the research funds for that. But hopefully this gives insight into the mystery of promotions.

you are a hero amongst men, keep doing your thing blood moon user.

It probably only happens out of combat. Otherwise someone would've uploaded a video to youtube of a Lynel getting stronger mid fight because a stalkoblin or yiga died.

i seriously doubt that's how the coding for enemy placement works.

a red boko is a completely different entity code wise from a black boko.

now what would be interesting is can you get into combat with a horde of enemies, kill some of them, trigger a growth for that type of enemy, lure them other to another horde and encounter a stronger type that enemy you've haven't met yet while still in combat?

Managed to beat Ganon yesterday night. 8 hearts, full stamina, Master Sword, Hylian Shield, no Divine Beasts taken down yet, max level Soldier's Helm and 3rd level Hylian armor otherwise. Only missed one picture (Bow of Light) and even lost my Hylian Shield in the transition from Thunderblight to Calamity, but i did it. Anyone else think it was more of an exercise in patience than a real challenge?

i wish i could comment on the difficulty of ganon, but constant challenge runs of Soulsborne games have ruined difficulty for any game of the sort.

if nintendo had made it difficult for me, it'd be impossible for the vast majority of the casual market.

Those games are easier than BotW. You can just grind for exp. BotW has no exp system that can be endlessly abused.

obviously you haven't done a SL1 naked run

9 days until the DLC.

Bought my switch 10 or so days ago. For Spla2n mostly, but grabbed BotW as I waited for it to come out.
It was supposed to be some sort of passtime, wasn't sure I was going to actually enjoy it that much.

Boy was I wrong. I felt like a young spergling once more, running from here to there, trying to climb literally every fucking mountain. Scumming with elixirs, stamina recovery, I even climbed to Zora's domain DURING THE RAIN THING, something that shouldn't be possible, but I managed.

It was so long since I felt at ease playing a game, not being sure what to do, with vague quests objectives. First quest: Kill the big bad boss. Aside from the first 4 shrines, the game didn't hold my hand at all. I fucking screamed as I saw the first Bokoblin riding a horse towards me.

It kept me glued to the screen, when I'm usually too jaded and tired of vidya to play more than 2 hours straight. I've only reached the second divine beast so far (how the fuck does this shit work) but I'm convinced thisbwas worth every single penny of my 80 dollars (extra fees, I live in Argentina).

And crossdressing Link is cute. CUTE.

I love this fucking game. It re-ignited my love for videogames. Thank you, Nintendo.

Thank you.

>something that shouldn't be possible
This is intended. After more playing it'll be clear that it's the deliberate design philosophy.

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

I actually really like this.
There a couple of legit exploits. But disregarding those, I am unable to count the times I figured that I must have bested their design. Only to realize that they must have been open to my cheese from the very beginning.
It's like the game wants me to cheat. It's pretty encouraging in a way. Like a challenge to break their game.

Does Japan like BotW?

Well you don't need a quest to find the shrine and you learn nothing that you wouldn't figure out by yourself just by playing the game.

It looks like they're having fun with it.

looks like some serious science is going on there, guess they have their own blood moon user.

What does the critical hit weapon buff do?

Every fourth (or was it third?) strike with the weapon deals double damage.
It's honestly pretty good.

Got it on a one-handed weapon though and I only do spin attacks with one handed weapons. Those don't crit?

i don't think spin2win benifits from crit attacks, might be best to simply use attack up instead.

That's literally the decision I was making. This crit tri-boomerang belongs to the molduga now

How many resets can I expect to do for a +54 Guard Up Hylian Shield if I have all shrines? I'm guessing hundreds?

Over 9000!

Looks like a couple of lesbians.

No user, Sheik is a boy.

I'm sure that lonely men wander Hyrule or hang around Stables hoping they'll run into a wandering Gerudo

I keep telling the dude to try another pond, and he accepts my advice politely, but still never leaves.

>75/76 side quests finished

just kill me i cannot find the last one

I know which one you are missing.

I finally found it. Gem trading in Goronia. Now I just need to find the last memories.

Yes, monsters don't instantly promote if you get past a threshold. But they will if you leave the area and come back because they 'reload' since for obvious reasons, they don't stay loaded all the time. So say you kill all the other bokos in a camp except for the blue one. If those red bokos get you over the threshold and you leave the area (To where the blue one is no longer 'on the map' and come back, or just teleport, that blue boko will become a black one.

A good example of this is right here, both occurred right before a blood moon.

This is what the camp looks like if I just hunted all the other red boko on the Great Plateau.

After reloading and kill ALL the bokos on the Great Plateau, The Blue one turned black.

And to confirm it's not just related to the amount killed, I targeted all the Blue boko and left one red one alive for each blue one killed.

The results were a black boko.

Wow /lozg/ is pretty dead these days. What happened?

DLC wait mostly.

it's been a fair amount of time since it was announced, so that hype died, and it is still gonna be more than a week until it gets launched so that hype hasn't arrived yet.

also, the waifufaggotry has gotten really out of hand lately. i even saw some dude
who was posting about his plans to get a 6 foot plushie of Mipha. Personally i wanna fucking see it because i don't believe anyone is that insane to drop mad dosh on that.

I just bought the game. Any starter's advice? Should I even wait for the DLC to come out and start a hard mode playthrough? Some missable content that I should consider?

>Personally i wanna fucking see it because i don't believe anyone is that insane to drop mad dosh on that.
Friend, you're so innocent. There's a whole industry around making gigantic fuckable plush toys, and there are countless degenerates willing to drop whole paychecks on these uncanny valley boner toys.

Lots of NPCs refuse offers of kindness or good advice. For example Truffle sisters and Silent Princess lovers won't accept the items they are seeking when you offer them

alright but why?

To put their dicks into.

but why would you stuff your dick into a plushie? how does one even acquire such a fetish?

You're going to have to ask the dude buying the Mipha plushie that one, pal.

The worst part about it its that it's six foot when Link the Manlet was taller than Mipha

i guess if he pops up again i'll be sure to ask...
i can only assume he was thinking about an older Mipha, judging by Sidon's height in the game.

Yeah but still, if your going to buy a replica of your waifu as a sex doll at least make it 1:1

>go to read Zelda x Link fanfiction
>several tranny Link fics

Will this degeneracy never end

Eventually they will make a new game, and todays trend will be replaced with another new thing.

honestly at this point we need to ask this guy exactly why he's getting a plush of mipha that size, and if it's gonna be a sex doll or not.

maybe see if he needs some professional help as well...

No_

thisismyfetish.mipha

Depends what's in the new game. Whether they have more tranny Link (somehow) or some other type of 'degeneracy' that takes over.

Please send more Trap Link ariagato

except stats have a soft cap and your dmg comes from weapon lvls

FELL
OFF
THE CATALOG

>stats have a soft cap
Enemies get infinitely stronger in soulsbourne?

Blights and Ganon are the most worthwhile monsters too and trigger the biggest advance in levels, I've noticed.
Before my third beast I only encountered silver bokos and a single silver lizal, but after that blight was killed I saw them and silver moblins everywhere

>miphaposting spiked
>thread died

Hmmmm.

Do different shields do different reflect damage? I had a regular mini guardian shield and I was deflecting shots with it but wasn't damaging the guardians

No. That's the only shield that reflects guardian lasers without parrying.

zeldafags were scared off, they can't handle the fact that Link was gonna pick Mipha over Zelda until she cheated by getting Mipha killed.

im done talking to retards

Dear god finishing up those side quests is tedious. Literally 90% are just shitty fetch quests.

Are some sidequests locked behind completeing Divine beasts?

welcome to the Legend of Zelda series newfag.

Except you're the retard who thinks that weapons have levels

What a shock

Killing an enemy with a boomerang's return is always satisfying.

they do, in dark souls and pesudo levels with modifiers in botw

how retarded do you have to be to think that this
youtube.com/watch?v=2y2NBCVdyJ4
is easier than this?
youtube.com/watch?v=kAuVga9GWIg

it's not even possible to die fighting ganon's last form unless you purposely fuck up. meanwhile old Gael will fuck you up six ways to sunday in all of his forms if you fuck up even slightly.

Shhhht, let the nintendobabbies play their toy games. Don't link them to Dark Souls or they could infest that franchise.

How retarded do you have to be to not understand what grinding is

how retarded domu have to be to understand u cant grind dark souls

Why is fish so best?

Mipha is okay