Why does Veeky Forums hate this car?

Why does Veeky Forums hate this car?

Didn't live up to the hype, and Boiracers think its better than sex.

It doesn't benchrace well. Owners are fuccbois sometimes.

Torque dip, horrible engine configuration, difficult to mod, needed Prius tires to slide.

Stop making this thread and lurk more faggot

I've never made this thread before you fucking cocksucker.

Then lurk more you massive faggot this thread is made all the fucking time

Kys

Don't want civic levels is speed for 30k, the car I have now is that slow but the difference is I paid $4k for it not 30k.

samefag

>Implying
all the answers you want are ITT

Boxer engine
Bad factory tune
Still BTFOs a more expensive miata

cuz everyone on Veeky Forums owns ferarris, 991s and mclarens
coler kids own detomasos and vintage lambos

Cause it lost to a fucking minivan

They can't afford it.

>Still BTFOs a more expensive miata
This

>ND wins in acceleration and weight
Maybe you should read these images before you post them.

>ND wins in acceleration and weight
But is slower top speed and round a track.

Quite impressive given the tyre advantage the ND has.

what track? also, you're retarded if you think top speed is more important than acceleration

I can't afford it so it thinks the FiST is the best car ever made

Bump GT86 power up to 250/300HP and torque up to 200 and these would sell faster than hot cakes..

where's the image edited to look like a completely bare base model?

it had steel wheels and plastic bumpers

VIR (same professional driver), you are retarded if you think acceleration is more important than laptime.

Those times are irrelevant anyway as people don't track GT86s on stock rubber and that brings the 0-60 time down a lot as well.

They expected a Toyota and got a Subaru

Why would an upgrade BTFO Veeky Forums?

Why does OP make these threads

Why does Veeky Forums shit on so many cars

Seriously. Name one car [that's not an exotic sports car] that Veeky Forums doesn't shit on.

I wouldn't mind if it were car company shills doing market research, but it's not as yet evident that they're looking to cater to Veeky Forums as an audience.

The Kia Stinger will change all this, however.

Twingo
Non-riced civics
Huge luxury (sorry, 'comfy') cars
genuine off roaders

anything which isn't driven by a dickhead boomer, angry middle aged office loser, women, soyboys, or is generally not designed to be good at a single purpose

o seems to hate compromise and disappointment more than anything, bar maybe bad drivers

it's a """sports car""" that's slower than a minivan

But compromise and disappointment are the true subject matter of an enthusiast. That's why we fight over whether to get an 86 or a minivan. Does the minivan have heated seats? I don't think so!

Camaro SS, no mention of the GT86 in that.

???
Camaro is a faster car on every track where both are tested

it's why we get projects and dailies.

No-one on here likes the huge, bloated plastic staceymobiles with interiors like nightclubs and a driving experience that's like being dead. what they DO like is different, but almost everyone agrees on this point.

>sports cars
>all about 0-60

>sports cars shouldn't handle

Just buy a muscle car if all you care about is 0-60 faggot, some people like curves

With how electronical everthing is in the 86, it almost seems like tomfoolery to not give it one or two more buttons to select between "sensible car, scores well on the grandma checklist" and "i didn't buy this thing to drive like no grandma, I could have bought a numb shitheap for 1/3 the price"

Stop replying to these stupid bait threads ffs

I don't hate it user

That is track results, the gt86 is slower than a minivan in a straight line and on the curves

idgaf about the 86, i was talking about why Veeky Forums likes certain things and not others

the 86 reeks of compromise and was a bit of a let down, thus it gets memed on

The Camaro SS lost to this specialized one-off van as well
The M2-M4 base model loses to it
The car (You) own is slower than this one minivan

Also the Toyobaru is easy to mod. Not sure where you people get your info, but I’m sure you repeat the same misinformation to troll. Which is to be expected.

>twingo threads
>miats
>doritos
>86 vs. the minivan
>3k civics
>fiero with a bodykit
It's like you don't even understand memes

86 vs minivan is a forced meme

that minivan is slower than a bimmer which is slower than an gt86 so ha

>that deflection

face it, your car is slower than a minivan

Kia Stinger beats them all. Deal with it.

I'm thinking about getting the silver one, but it has to cost at least $45k.

>le made for mods meme
mustangs, camaros, and spider are all easy to mod too, but that is never use to explain stock performance

Because Veeky Forums won't accept the fact that manufacturers aren't making cars specifically for their liking. They make cars for everyday normies and god forbid somebody is driving a car just for the sake of going to work and back and doesn't have 3000 retarded modifications and lifted to the sky like a redneck.

170hp at the wheels is pathetic for a modern 4 cylinder.

Honda made 200 to the wheels with the k20 more than a decade before the 86, there's just no excuse.

I really want to like it, but there don't seem to be a lot of ways to reliably increase power without going full boost.

JUST MAKE A HARDTOP MIATA, MAZDA

Honda is a recycles its platforms it's cheaper to produce and still FWD, get over it

It was pretty acceptable for the initial years of the model. It's like just enough so you can find common excuses to make use of most or all of the power when you're just out for a beer run.

But after a model revision and there's still no more factory power? Shameferu.

A lot of cars are slower than a custom minivan

>170hp at the wheels is pathetic for a modern 4 cylinder.
Still more at the wheels than any miata has made at the crank.

>But after a model revision and there's still no more factory power? Shameferu.
It hasn't had a model revision, only a facelift. Why change a formula that holds the record for most car of the year awards?

So cars don't have to be fast anymore in corners?

How many years is it going to take. It's 5 years already. I get that things must be going well when you start seeing more and more of them around, but they had better be ready to stop jewing and blue-balling before the rest of the crowd fills in the blanks.

It doesn't have to be a 300HP monster, but they could start to offer modest power upgrades or at least get rid of the damn torque dip to keep the buzz going.

Why does user make these posts?

Because OP is a massive amounts of faggot

I think they’re referring to the video where it lost to a stock toyota sienna.
The toyobaru is painfully slow

That was an automatic, the auto transmission they put in that car is literal shit. They also made it lose on purpose for the memes, they don't even know how to launch it.

The drivetrain for the Toyota was all stock, as was the suspension. All it had changed was wheels, shocks, and tires, and some minor interior deletes. You can see it still has door panels and dash in picture.

tell us how to launch an automatic 86

You disable traction control, are you pretending to be retarded?

bc it has no value proposition and relies heavily on constant shilling and shitposting for anyone to even remember it, despite not even being that old?

The drivers and community.

The car attracts retards that want to project an image of themselves that doesn't exist. They seek the car for 3 ideas, all related in the attempt to elevate the owner for minimal effort. The first idea is to be unique. Many owners will explain how their car is unique as a reason for purchase. This is a very basic response towards scarcity, that simply having access to something others don't will elevate you.

The second main idea is that of the sports car. The sports car is project an image of power, that they simply have a more capable vehicle, and are therefore better. It is also the attempt to elevate themselves with the idea that they have the skill to control such power.

The third idea is of the tuner. People love the underdog, and the owner wants to present this narrative. They know of a sport car others don't, and this "knowledge" will empower them. That other people are dumb and buy more expensive less capable vehicles, so they are better. And when a vehicle does outperform it, they will mention how it is a tuner car, so it needs someone like them to use their skill so they can be better than others, because no other vehicles or drivers can mod their vehicles.

It is this vapid pursuit of image that drives the toyobaru owner. It is why these faggots hate the Miata so much; it is such a similar car yet presents such a different image, so they must defend the image they want to present.

Are all toyobaru owners this bad? No, but Veeky Forums and any group of enthusiasts are almost never the main audience that these cars are sold to.

Holy shit you have autism

>buying the toyota version
>not being able to do the subaru wave
sorry you didn't qualify for a loan

A bus seat because that's all they have experience with

That heavily, expensively modded minivan is also faster than anything anyone on Veeky Forums will ever own.

In fact even if you gave someone on Veeky Forums a vehicle that was faster none of them would even be able to drive the damn thing properly.

>Difficult to mod

Man as someone who owns one I'll agree with you on all points but that one. One of the easiest platforms to work on

I was about to post exactly this.
The ND has no excuse.

You're not wrong, just autistic

It's not heavily modified. All it has changed are shocks, tires, and wheels. The interior isn't even fully stripped. Drivetrain, chassis and suspension are all stock otherwise.

because just buy a fucking porsche 944 its the exact same mediocre shit for 1/3 the price and you get to have a porsche badge on your keyring.

Let's see those sick mawds then

because I could buy an old evo in good nick that would dumpster it for the same price.

>own a 2007 wrx with turboback, lowering springs and cobb stage 2 tune
>own a 2013 brz headerback (UEL), coilovers, front splitter, rear diffuser, flash tune, Michelin super sports
>the brz is painfully slow given certain situations and requires some footwork and forthought to coax power out of
>the wrx is quick despite the turbo needing a P&P (and probably a better turbine wheel, iv got an extra taken apart behind me), better intercooler, and a non shit tier tune
So why is the BRZ more fun to drive? Well it feels planted; its not always about the tightest corners, but when i come around a bend it feels like the car wants to stay glued to the road and i can feel the texture of the road. The WRX however does not, it feels sloppy and i can feel the chassis warping around me, bumps are stupidly harsh but i dont feel the texture of the road.
When cruising (depending on gear) the wrx feels very hesitant, you have to get into boost and have RPMs high enough, when you do you are rewarded with the sensation of an airplane taking off which is great, but meerly trying to cut through traffic is tragic.
The BRZ (UEL headers and a tune gives you a perfectly flat torque curve) naturally sings all the way up and down the gears, you might not have enough torque depending on the situation but youll never feel like the car is hesitating
I figure no one here likes the WRX anyways, but thats my take

I want one as babby's first RWD and manual

Literally the second sentence in your explanation is excuses for bonehead suspension tuning.

well i havent the money for it now, but even with coilovers and sway bars the WRX wont please me, id need a welding shop to spot weld all the seams or even a roll cage

The BRZ doesn't need suspension mawds, especially if the WRX isn't stroking your pen0r.

It needs a fixed throttle and you to get to the point where you huck the chassis into the hill and around the corner while you're blowing through the last of the red light. Once you start bouncing the chassis around off the suspension, you're in for golly fun. And of course it needs more engine as well after you get the hang of it.

It doesnt NEED them, but iv gotten used to the feel of the suspension on open road (esp with the coilovers) and when i hit tighter corners the car pitches over and i dont like the feeling, sway bars could nearly prefect the handling as far as im concerned

the throttle of the BRZ is fixed with the tune, its a fly by wire and the throttle is all fucked up from the factory, just a flash tune perks the car up considerably. I dont bang the BRZ around as much because its expensive and i have a too much carbon fiber to fuck around with; iv jumped the wrx over hills, hit the bump stops, power slid and done all the fun stuff; the BRZ should be getting a supercharger here in the next couple months and i dont think ill ever be displeased with the car once it has anywhere north of 270 whp

Agree,

Older Impreza chassis fucking loves getting jumped and playing life on rallymode. BRZ just scrapes despite being hooncar on the road.

well by the first couple weeks i had split the upper radiator hose and cracked the radiator housing; most worthwhile investment for anyone beating on their imprezea is some decent motor mounts lol

lel you're a good man. What year?

But the point stands; WRX and BRZ are two different machines. There should be no reason to power-cuck the BRZ because somebody thinks it's going to take business from one of your cars and put it in to one of your other cars.

2007 hatch; i agree but in the moment i dont think toyota scion or subaru had the experience to give the car the power it deserves, it seems like toyota really wanted the FA20 and i think a turbo would have fucked the drive up, the car deserves a better NA engine, but in absence of that it needs a supercharger, and i dont think the companies involved had any experience in that. As said, the WRX feels kind of lazy if you arent in boost and thats why i like the throttle feel a lot more in the BRZ, a turbo just wouldnt be right for the BRZ

I'm so with you on the supercharger option. 86x86 and make it have that NA feel eventually. My old scoob had
>dat throttle feel

But you are very right about the engine mounts. The STi engine mounts were a little too much for me given my mainly road use, but the transmission mount was sex. and I don't care how many people had to shake back and forth at idle. That's sex on tap.

i am very happy with the STI mounts, driving one handed my arm gets sore quick though lol

IMO the engine mounts are just all wrong anyway. They don't have the lever action you need to control the way a 2H rocks back and forth. I always thought about using like one of those little shocks from a bicycle going from one of the heads to, I don't know maybe the strut tower or something, to help absorb the unnecessary rocking.

And just from one side so you don't set up a resonance.
>me and my autistic childhood dreams

Lol not this shit again

Friendly reminder that Miata has better 0-60, better gearing, easier modding, convetible, weighs around 400 less

toyobarus aren't bad but to compare to a Miata is misguided. Their in a class of their own, their roadsters. Your Better off comparing it to a 370z, genesis etc

i never really thought about that desu, i think i see what you mean though as far as cutting down on NVH, my autistic dream is getting a boxer 6 for that same purpose

t.b.h., desu, t.b.h. WTF

When will you ever go from 0-60 in real life other than a drag race, in which neither of those cars is designed to compete?

And why spend $25k on a new Miata when you can buy a used one for $5k?

It is literally a forced meme.

well im off, have a good day m8

>easier modding
Is the aftermarket for the ND already that good?