Why did white wall tires go out?

Why did white wall tires go out?

Because they were expensive.

Because tires are meant to be dirty

b-but white shoes look better dirty, so will tires?
i want dem too op

I'm putting them on my scooter soon

European and Japanese cars didn't use them, and when they became popular in the U.S. during the 70s, American car companies switched to blackwalls to emulate the Euro style.

Post pics when you do. Will be an interesting combo.

Mexicans started going over them.

can't you just paint normal tyres?

Will do
I'm really looking forward to it

because we're not in the 60's. what's with /o autism wiith old car. can't we talk about cars that are now producing?

Because new cars are soulless implements designed with the singular purpose of making rich old CEOs even richer.

>European and Japanese cars didn't use them
they were a 40s/50s trend they just went out of fashion.

Says the 15 year old who's never driven anything faster than mom's Elantra, never touched a set of tools and thinks turbocharging a car is a minor mod

Old cars are the best, especially old performance cars

True, my jaguar from ’74 has black tyres but the american model had a small white line in the wall

>tfw waiting on my set of 4 redlines from coker

You're a fucking hipster.
You are.
Just admit it already.
I'm not even that user but Jesus Christ.
You people are so painfully unaware of yourselves.

t. fag whos driven everything from cars older than ur mum to modern supercars and everything in between

Veeky Forums is a hobbyist board. People want to talk about classics, antiques, modding, etc not about mass produced commuter vehicles.

Old cars are always better. nobody really wants a car that always runs perfectly forever.

Going full Hot Wheels I see.

Because they quickly become BROWN wals.

How did White walls ever become a thing anyways?
why?

Feminist liberal SJW anti-racist movements

>Early automobile tires were made of pure natural rubber with various chemicals mixed into the tread compounds to make them wear better.[2] The best of these was zinc oxide, a pure white substance that increased traction and also made the entire tire white.[2] However, the white rubber did not offer sufficient endurance, so carbon black was added to the rubber to greatly increase tread life. Using carbon black only in the tread produced tires with inner and outer sidewalls of white rubber.
google bro

Classy

Because Mexicans and Lowriders made them gay

Automotive law #749:

Any vehicle, given sufficiently white enough tires, will look good.

It was a dark time
Dont judge too hard

thin white walls are quite popular in straya

Those aren't white walls, they're white rims.

I had a 69 jaguar xk150, it sure as shit had white walls from factory.

>nobody wants a car that runs prefectly forever
When your argument is that absolutely 100% of people dislike something, there might be a flaw in your argument.

>It was a dark time
>Picture was taken today

Ok lol

the fuck you need TWO badges for?

One's probably a mileage award.

Was going to post this.
After new compounds were created, the white sidewalls were added for historical aesthetics, its just what people expected tires to look like, and eventually slimmed down to smaller and smaller bands until they were non existent

Mercedes Benz issues mileage awards for those who take care of their vehicles and get them past certain milestones.

The top one is the badge, the side one is the award. If you look closely at them, they have the mileage or age achievement on them.

they look gay as fuck

I actually like it....

Its alrite I always been a bit eccentric too