/aog/ Attorney Online General

Repeat edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
Streams are usually on twitch, evening US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases there via guardlytheguard, lawfuldickish, and toodamnsmug, or their corresponding youtube channels.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 trailer: [YouTube] [Subbed!] Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (The Great Ace Attorney 2) - April 2017 Trailer
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 browser demo:capcom.co.jp/dai-gyakuten2/trial/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13250811
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b4fc/9dfb7c8ea9c31a830f4e6671426e8ca316a3.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is what should have happened with their meeting in SoJ after 10 years. (Or, at least two)

The next item being repolled will be the lucina removal poll. Vote "Yes" to remove, "No" to keep via "/pm VoteMod".

That poll actually already ended I just haven't announced the results yet because #sleep

I just want to see Phoenix giving his heart out to Maya. They been through so much together, and it's a cute pairing.

But Capcom hates couples.

posting old case pic for bump

So, what's everyone's favorite characters to use in each role?

I like using Meekins as a detective.

Does anyone have a good pic of Franziska to use as an OP for the 2-2 thread on /v/?

The poll results will be released later today and the next poll will begin at that time

I forgot to keep the last thread bumped.

I cried

>Lead DA
Usually a lawyer. I dislike using non-lawyers in this position.

>Lead Pro
Either a prosecutor character or a dangit.

>Detective
Adachi

>Wit 1
Depends on the evidence

>Wit 2
Adachi

>Judge
Judge

Is there a reason for the delay? Counting votes shouldn't take too long, right?
Or is it making sure no same IP's?

So Marisu and Gato killed the arcade... those fiends.

how can you play mafia with marisu.

sure the ingame may be day 1 but when he gets around to typing his action it's already night 2 irl.

"Got my role" says Vortex, staring around town hall, noticing that all his neighbors, friends, and family have been murdered by the mafia.

Would playing AO be a good thing to put on a fuckbook profile?

Old thread
wew, or something like
>all these corpses are an opportunity. [unzips]

Still trying to find who fits best where.
Thus far, I have had the best luck making most characters working in a prosecutor/rival role.

Is it possible to get an entire soundtrack strawpolled in on one poll or is that too much regardless of how fitting it might be?

we case pics now

We did it with ghost trick.

As well as Trauma Trouble I believe

Please vote in this poll, it's to gauge what our playerbase uses.
strawpoll.me/13250811

Remove Lucina Poll

Yes: 46%

No: 54%

poll fails. Lucina stays

The next poll is the Hazama removal poll. "/pm Votemod" 'yes' or 'no'.

Haven't played in a a few months, how's the game going now?

Great! Don't listen to the detractors, we have multiple cases building and running daily, the people are friendly and full of memes.

Drop by some time and sign up

Hi Greg.

Stop fucking dying.

You first.

bump

I like using Mia to be bullied.

CEASE

Newfriend here, why is Mia such a meme? Do you hate female lawyers?

It's a variety of things.

1. A namefag that mained Mia gave up a lot.
2. Female lawyers IRL are incompetent and objectively worse than male lawyers.
3. Mia is the worst girl in Ace Attorney
4. Young Mia is cute when she's despairing.
5. Bullying """professional""" women is a fetish.

Citation needed on 2

So essentially, this is a place full of degenerates.

Leave while you can

Writing a case for the first time.
Tips?

Biologically women aren't as smart as men, which doesn't help them work in a career where you need to be logical. To compensate female lawyers usually use sex appeal to win over the jury and the judge, which is referenced with Mia's design. Ace Attorney gave her an unrealistic personality and made her more competent than a female lawyer could possibly be.

A realistic IRL Mia would try to seduce the judge. If that fails she'd give up, since the male prosecution would run circles around her.

Second question, what brand of vape do you use?

>1. A namefag that mained Mia gave up a lot.
Only 3 times, but that's more than enough to get a reputation for doing so
>2. Female lawyers IRL are incompetent and objectively worse than male lawyers.
:thinking:
>3. Mia is the worst girl in Ace Attorney
No.
>4. Young Mia is cute when she's despairing.
Yeah.
>5. Bullying """professional""" women is a fetish.
I can agree with that shit, which is why I also bully all Franziskas.

Physical evidence. Don't forget it.

Motive evidence, something that shows why the defendant would kill the victim.

Means evidence as in how the defendant committed the crime. It is important that this solely points towards the defendant initially.

Opportunity evidence as in something explaining why and when the defendant and victim were in the same place at the same time for the murder to have happened.

All this shitposting about Names makes me want to host a civil case where we finally determine if he was a good player or not.

you know that's full of shit, right?

On average, Women are more likely to be more average intelligence, sitting closer to to the mean, while males intellectual levels tend to fluctuate from the mean much more do to a higher variability in their intellectual IQ, but this is both in the positive direction and the negative direction. Overall, both are fairly equal, and there IS evidence to back that up.

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b4fc/9dfb7c8ea9c31a830f4e6671426e8ca316a3.pdf

^one such piece of actual researched evidence (actually, it's 6 compiled, but who's counting).

Holy shit. You get 'em.

>(((Researched))) evidence
>Legitimate

oy vey

As opposed to your posts on t_d, which are purely gospel truths.

Who cares if men or women are smarter?

The true question is, are men or women (male) smarter?

whose fucking idea was it to enforce piratepad in normal cases

biologically the smartest woman is less smarter than 50% of the smartest men which means the smarterer men are better at lawyering, which prooves him right.

What are you talking about?

>05
that's. No, You have no idea what you are even talking about. there would be way less than 1% of the entire male population more intelligent than the most intelligent woman (not that this in itself is quantifiable). not 50%. Please don't pull numbers out of your ass.

Further, if you read the study I posted, you'd find women actually are better at men, even in flux, at reading comprehension and associative memory.

You know. Two things critical to being a lawyer.

no women are the average, so we're 50
men are either the best, at 100, or the worst, at 0. half of men are 100, half are 0, but all of women are 50. It's why you see people like steven hawkins and uwe boll and elon musk and harry potter in the news but never any women doing anything notable other than being famous to be famous like the cardashingens or miley cyrus.

Does it hurt being this stupid?

just a bunch of players suddenly using piratepad to like plan out shit, it railroads cases too much

I'd rather be one of the 50s than a 0 or a 100. 0s are compared to 100s, whereas 100s have everything expected of them. Being a 50 I can just look pretty.

Your example is so extremely flawed I'm not going to go into it.

As for the other point, just because you don't know or hear about the multitudes of extremely intelligent women doesn't mean they aren't out there. You can find examples of extremely intelligent women if you look for them

But here are a few that you SHOULD Know.

Marie Curie - discovered radioactivity and isolated pure radium

Margaret Thatcher - British Prime Minister, Chemist, lawyer.

Emilie Chatelet - synthesized the first versions of the laws of conservation of energy.

I think several of Englands Queens could be put here, but I think most Notable is Queen Elizabeth I. Read a book if you want to know more about her.

>This is what Trump voters actually believe.

>Queens
those are like cardashiens, famous because they're famous. they were born into it they didn't do anything special.
marie curie copied what her husband did, margaret thatcher was charasmatic but that's just looking pretty and people voted her. never heard of the third one but if it's just the first ones then they obviously weren't good enough cuz they were refined.

i voted trump because he's a guy not because of what my believes are.

Oh yeah that shit is cancer and we should discourage it and make everybody who does it feel bad.

Outside of multi-witting and reviewing each other's testimonies, you shouldn't use piratepads to plan wild rides or other retarded shit that will lead to a whole bunch of railroading and walling.

Um. No. As a Trump voter, this is just what uneducated/sexist/idiot's believe.

I assure you, there are PLENTY of the racist, sexist and misogynistic diatribe from people that are on the other side of the isle.

>clear lack of understanding of why England still has a queen

I suggest doing some actual research.

they have queens because it's "traditional" same reason why japan still sacrifices virgins to the gods during their festival. queens are bad rulers because they don't need to know how to rule they're born into it and are guaranteed their jobs, it's why england is in a bad spot right now with brecksit. trump could only be a president because he studies and knows well how to lead a country, queen alzheimerbeth was raised knowing she would always rule so she never had to study. england would be 500x better position if they fired the queen and instated someone like trump or even clinton as their new queen, even if clinton is a woman.

>Grill not just falling for a "males > females" argument but also doing it with her trip on
Typical girl.

>Unironically voted Trump

Boy, I bet you feel real silly now.

why is anongrill replying to bait

hush you, I'm enjoying myself. But fien, I'll turn the trip off so you namefag-faggers can have one less thing to trigger you.

I feel amazingly satisfied. Doing pretty much everything I asked of him.

Again, I suggest you read into it more. It's more than simply tradition. In particular, I suggest you look up why England has a specific emphasis on it's Queen, not it's King, when Kings have been the classically dominant symbol of royalty in monarchies.

Here's a hint: Queen Elizabeth I is going to be front and center in that research.

I will reply to whatever I want.

I only use that user when I'm actually on my phone. I would NEVER post on my phone in the middle of the night.

If your going to copycat, at least do it properly.

"i wanna be more famous like teh cardashinens waaah waaah give me attention country babby wants her baa baa" and still doesn't counter how it's raised from birth knowing you're gonna have that job so there's no need to study or be good at it, which is why the current queen is trash compared to past monarchs like king henry, king william, king midas and king kong

If "everything I asked of him" involved attempting to run his family's corrupt enterprises out of the highest office in the land, colluding with foreign adversaries to take that office, putting imbeciles and grifters in nearly every appointed position, ruining our foreign relations, and generally being a blithering infantile moron, then yeah, I guess he's doing an okay job by your standards.

Traitor.

and you guys wonder why I respond to this shit.

This is comedy gold.

It's okay. Tell me how you REALLY feel!

So you want to see this nation burn, is that it? You want to see the lives of millions ruined purely out of spite?

comedy gold yet you can't refute any of my points because they are 100% indubiously correct.

>Further, if you read the study I posted,
Not him, and although I agree with your point, nobody (except for me, and I should return to sleeping for what little time I have before work) will read that study unless you cite the relevant parts. This is presenting an opinion, and then waving a book in people's faces claiming that
>gospel truths
lay within it.

Most people will quite rightly be irked if you tell them to read a study. They're comprehensive documents, not mere leaflets. In our cases, we don't say to witnesses
>The court record says otherwise, now breakdown for me!
To make a point, and for everyone's convenience, we say:
>According to the giant Blue Emperor Scorpion evidence in the court record, which was presented by the detective, it is much too large to be killed by small arms, and must be killed by holy water!
That way, the reader knows exactly what your claim is, where the backing is and what it looks like. There's no way you can get lost in the court record, or study, that way. If people actually properly fleshed out points in this way during cases, they'd be a divine experience as opposed to a sometimes arduous one.

>men are either best or the worst
Women make the best and worst nuns, though!

A wombat's.

>it's why england is in a bad spot right now
Unfortunately, we've always been this close to France. The English channel is not enough of a natural barrier, so there's been increasing support for leaving Europe entirely. In fact some of us are totally sick of globalism. That's right, we may even take the UK to space if need be.

>king henry, king william, king midas and king kong
Don't forget King from Tekken.

>best and worst nuns
because nun is like a nurse it's a job so degrading that no real man would be one, men are pastors and doctors and they leaves nuns and nurses to women along with other jobs men don't want like kindergarten teacher, sex worker (receiving end), diaper changer, wet nurse, bridesmade, rape victim, and some others.

Odd, only people I see burning things are the leftists on the streets.

With what is now reaching record low unemployment, record high economic enthusiasm, and increasing median wages...

Yeah, guess those millions of ruined lives are the DNC workers that are having to be laid off because the party is absolutely imploding.

>sexist idiots
>falling for bait

Ain't you been on the internet since I was in diapers?

Being a rape victim was the worst job I ever had though. Pay was terrible and didn't get any benifit's. I quit after my boss tried to sexually harass me.

Just the last straw for me, y'know?

Deflect while you still can, the GOP is cracking and the current administration all have metaphorical targets on their back for Mueller's crack shot team.

This will go down in history as the GOP's greatest folly.

duh thats why men don't even try for that job in the first place silly woman

jebaited

Fuck off disgruntled.

Oh, I'm sure they'll find something. There has not been a special council to date that hasn't fond something on someone (they get paid a lot of money to get SOMEONE).

Even if that someone is a poor lacky 5 steps removed from the original subject of the investigation.

But no, try not to kill yourself when you are told (again...for what...the 9th time?) there was no collusion and no obstruction by the president.

It's not really falling for it if you're enjoying it. Sure, people frown upon feeding the troll...but the trolls here are just too cute.

>Everyone taking this /pol/-tier bait.

Boy I really like this ACE ATTORNEY discussion on this ACE ATTORNEY general.

What was his endgame?

>implying Franziska would wear black underwear

She's a white type.

She's a dominatrix, not a pure maiden.

>bat didn't spoiler
The joke's ruined.

>because nun is like a nurse it's a job
A nun is not a job. I would label it a way of living. They're a member of a female exclusive community that devotes themselves to their faith. They may have jobs, and some do.

Taking responsibility for all of the crimes commited in the world, becoming GodRon, and freeing the mahou shoujos from the QBs.

Dessie stole his power.

nun is a job where they in the church to do things like clean they are help for the pasture but can never be one themselves like a secretary but less general and more work

$G[4][AthenaCykesSOJ]: Betty de Famme, if you are the admin. There is someone that would like you to wish her a goodnight and wants to have a goodnight hug.

Why is she so PERFECT?

>The admin of the server is tied around the finger of the schizo that invaded us

God I fucking miss Lewdy.

Follow your dreams, /aog/.

Have you ever wanted a loli?

I've always wanted tobecome one.

Betty, I love you. Let's have a platonic relationship.

You're crossing wires with your definition of job. A nun isn't a task in the church. It's the name given to that group of minded people. They don't get paid by the nunnery, their communal home, for living there.

When was the last civil trial?