If the government would get the fuck out of the way and let people buy cheap as fuck, basic transportation, they would

If the government would get the fuck out of the way and let people buy cheap as fuck, basic transportation, they would.

I mean, small, light, with a carb, no stupid fucking emissions, airbags, tps, rear view camera, or abs, crank up windows, etc. Think total utilitarian. This car could be made for under $8,000, and they manufacturers would sell the ever living shit out of them.

But no, Big Brother tells us what we're allowed to buy.

What a fucking crock of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

fee.org/articles/chicken-tax-makes-trucks-expensive-and-unavailable/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Poorfag detected.

Perhaps. People like safety, comfort, and convenience a lot more than you seem to think.

You wanna bitch about something? Let's bitch about the EPA. Let's start off small. For example, you know the gas guzzler tax? It's on vehicles that don't meet emissions standards. Yea, that shit "doesn't apply to trucks, minivans, and SUVs" because they weren't around in 1978. NINETEEN SEVENTY EIGHT and that law is still on the books. Their excuse was because of the oil crisis which we don't have anymore. That shit will never go away though, because taxes and regulations never get repealed, they just get buried under more taxes and regulations.

But user, if we tax trucks then farmers will not be able to tow their equipment around! Oh and a range rover evoque is technically a truck.

Fucking Bullshit

>under $8000
Mate I was once looking at a year-old Accent with fancy fuel injection and safety with only about 10k on the clock for $6000.

Fancy cars are utterly doable on your budget. What you're worried about is the international bankster gangsters who make you think it's normal to live in economic slavery and that a $8000 shouldn't buy you a nice house on a large plot of land.

>under 8k
Buy a dacia then, comes with airbags, esp, daytime running lights etc etc for under 7k.
>MAGA and land of the free

Yea but we have 138hp sonic for 6k m8

Chevy website says starting at 15k

Just buy a trike and slap a plywood shell on it.

Import a kei car.

>Yea, that shit "doesn't apply to trucks, minivans, and SUVs" because they weren't around in 1978.
>trucks
>weren't around in 1978
U wot.
>1963 chicken tax
fee.org/articles/chicken-tax-makes-trucks-expensive-and-unavailable/

I think they will send you a repo man if you stop paying your rates after 6k

>import
B U Y A M E R I C A N

Didnt exist you say

Circa 1935
Yup no trucks back then

Damn stylish truck as well, I might add. Not something you see everyday almost 100 years later.

>with a carb
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Carbs get the job done fine. And they will still work after the EMP.

Is Billy Mays in that truck?

Because Big Brother realizes that the natural state of the world is war and conflict, and much of this war and conflict can be avoided by equipping cars with safety features.

A non-computerized engine will work with 3 wires. That saves tons of cash both in R&D and in actual production.

Carbs work. Fact is, even today, there are still far more gasoline engines made with carbs than with injection. FI is still pretty much only an automobile thing, and even then, only because it was forced by emissions standards.

No shit carbs work. But nobody wants to go backwards. Nobody can sell a new car with a carb, because autists like you don't buy new cars anyways.

>reeeeeee
>why won't you faggots buy new things
Are you Van Jones?

Kys nigger cuck

Why do people buy the sedan when it's so ugly?

Americans hold an irrational hatred for hatches, it leads to a lot of ugly focus and fiesta sedans as well

I can get extra sensory perception for under $7k? And it comes with a car?!
Where the fuck do I sign?

i'd buy a kei car if they sold them here, the new s660 looks gud
petrol companies and other motor companies would lobby against it though and fuck everything up just for more profits

Hey, don't call me retarded, that's literally what it says straight from EPA.gov

Why would anyone want a carburetor when EFI is objectively better?

You could just buy an old car and be fine with it, the government isn't stopping you from doing that.

I just want a cheap strong V8 with a carb and RWD.
Light weight body, simple, little to no electronics, everything analog. No driving assists apart from hydraulic disc brakes+clutch

Old cars are expensive or fucked up

I present the answer to your question OP

>Japcrap

OP never said it had to be american.

>epa dot gov
I hacked that you know

When did neets transition into actual Luddites?

Brand new Ladas go for like $3k USD.
You could get that in the country for $4k to the consumer.

Got a brand new Mitsubishi mirage for $10.6k. Cheap reliable transportation. Use it to commute to work. Small three cylinder, 74hp. Base model compact cars will do. Fiestas, Sparks, fits, Yaris, Rios, versas they already exist op

Only a matter of time before the Reliant Robin isn't a meme anymore. We must just hold our breaths and wait.

>bought a hunk of shit geo metro to commute to work in because brand new wrx was too expensive on gas + wear and tear
>end up liking the simplicity and low cost ownership of the Geo more
>begin fixing the Geo up and plan to sell the subaru

Small,cheap, simple cars are awesome. The Metro has everything I need and nothing I dont.

>airbags
Opinion discarded.

Quit being sane and rational

To be fair, America focuses on comfort amongst anything else. Which is probs the reason why everyone wants to drive fucking SUVs and trucks everywhere

The SUV thing applies basically worldwide.
Also, everyone wants confort, except the busriders from this board who think a airbag is a fucking nuissance.

I wish it had an extra gear and an extra cylinder, but it's honestly not a bad car.

In my country they used to sell some Chinese cars that were absolutely fucking barebones. No airbags, no AC, no power steering, no ABS, dogshit ancient 3-cyl engines, steel wheels with 13 inch tires. This particular shit nugget was like $5000 new.

Buy a used civic then

>tfw I live in holland were every car gets taxed to death
>tfw the base model dacia sandero starts at 12k

I just want occupant safety to be made optional.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it or ride in it. It's like a motorcycle. If you wanted a safe car you'd buy a safe car.

Let me have my glass domed pilots seat and 1000lb racecar.

If only americans could make motorcycles that didn't crash themselves, and europeans could make motorcycles that actually worked

>no, you see its gotta crash itself because if we adopted a modern chassis design, and necessarily, a more modern, more balanced engine that didn't need all these funky mounting tricks it would look like jap scrap
>or god forbid
>A PASTA BIKE!

How the fuck can we own the car game but be incompetent at producing a simpler machine?

because if americans made a good bike, it would cost more than a superior japanese/euro bike and look like a carbon copy of it, and use an engine designed by europeans anyways.

>hurr durr im so retarded i make a retarded post
>hurr durr I'm even more retarded and believe used cars don't exist
ok senpai.

Having no rear wheel cameras, creature comforts, AC and shit is only acceptable if its a goddamn sports car. I mean not acceptable, a fucking requirement
For a car that's a tool, it's so fucking cucked and neutered it needs creature comforts to make it liveable.

Manchester?
There used to be a polo just like this under my window

American msrp are absolute bullshit

all three cylinders got everything you need

It also has a 1.3 and 1.6 4 cylinder enginebeside the 1.0 3 cylinder. It is Suzuki Swift, I wanted to buy one, then I tried it. Now I have a Mazda6

As an american i fucking hate sedans and wish hatchbacks were even remotely possible to find so i could buy one after my current suv shitbox dies

That's basically every car Daihatsu makes. Still drive an old Cuore with the only luxury being power steering. Hope they start selling cars overseas again so I can get a new one. Only real alternatives are the Aygo triplets or the mirage.

The Mitsubishi Space Star is also basic as fuck as far as new cars go, but the torque is way up in the high 3000s, making it a bit of a dead-ish drive. It's practical as fuck though

>no stupid fucking emissions
How absolutely fucking dead in the head do you have to be not to realize how much this would fuck urban air and everyone's life quality? Emissions regulations make lives better, not worse.

>Not something you see everyday almost 100 years later.
Stake beds in general? You do. Hundred years old stake beds? Of course you don't. They would be uncomfortable, unreliable, slow and have low capacity by today's standards.

nederland is echt kut.
kanker belastingdienst afzetters

I cannot hear you over the sound of my 100% emissions-compliant diesel engine.

I meant pretty much everything other than the bed. Of course you see stake beds where appropriate. Just not attached to trucks that style so hard.

London, and that's an Up.

This feeling when no new car for the next 10 years

>American msrp are absolute bullshit
They sell for like 3/4 of that because we have a "bargain/fuck that salesman" culture here. Hopefully when the boomers finally die off Social Security, Medicaid, and car dealerships will be a thing of the past.

I never understood the "I need a brand new sub $10k car with zero features" meme.

Just buy a used car with features, for under 10k. Don't run it directly into the ground, possibly even maintain it. Problem solved. Unless you buy an objectively junk-ily designed car, 200k is the norm. IF you give a shit about it.

This will never be legal, and there's really no sensible explanation why. The really sad thing is you could make it even less safe by giving it a single central rear drive wheel and it would be legal.

We can't even get Kei cars like the S660.

Honestly when the cars get light enough, even power steering isn't really necessary. I really would like to see even simpler international versions of kei cars pop up in more countries for city driving.

So will fuel injection ....unless you are literally right under the blast.....

Elm is highly misunderstood and overrated

Yup

I’m a trump voter even , and agree.

While the EPA has definitely engaged in overreach, you do not want to go back to the bad old days.....

Call it a “motorcycle”

Mechanical injection? Sure. Electronic not so much unless you have it in a Faraday Cage for when the time comes.

Electronic no, but Electric yes.
You can definitely do fuel injection with a few analog components.

Don't forget that you want to have only one grounding point for your Faraday Cage so you don't develop a potential across your Sacred Dome.

>tfw 90v shock because CATV formed a ground loop
wew who know it was that spicy

>Leaning over AV stuff to hook up my basement TV
>Rest face on VCR
>ZAP
So that's what this decal on the side is for.

lad why isn't the chassis grounded? You have an inappropriate ground cheater or is your house wiring a shit?

Keep in mind a lot of old houses don't have good ground-neutral bonding at the service entrance, and really only pretend to ground the water pipes. Something to contemplate next time you're in the shower having deep shower thoughts.

"Quadricycle" is how they get away with it

Live chassis. The plug is 2 prong.

But what's the chassis connected to? For normie equipment usually they'd have the chassis tied in to the shields / returns of the cabling. Or maybe the newer fancypants or optical connects actually correctly specify that it shouldn't be connected to chassis ground and all you have is the connection to the CATV line? I guess they're just using the chassis as an extension of the CATV shielding?

They should at least wrap it in plastic or something. Too easy for fuckups if it's using an exposed metal chassis and no particular thought to keeping it grounded.

its called a Metro or a Festiva. there are still plenty on the market.

I SURE WOULD LOVE MORE CONGESTED ROADWAYS WITH SHITBOXES AND POOR FUCKS WHO WONT CARRY INSURANCE ON A POS

>carby
>2017
I'm all for basic and easy, but I'd take a barebones EFI system with OBDII over a carby any day of the week.

Better economy, runs fine in all climates, easier to diagnose, etc

>The Metro has everything I need and nothing I dont.
lies how about some horse power, these things are a hazard merging onto the freeway with short on ramps

The problem with cheap cars today it they come with so much shit. An old volkswagen beetle compares in price point to a modern ford fiesta in the american market (so I've heard), comes with almost nothing except a stereo, heater, and maybe vents. A fiesta has AC, heater, power steering, ABS, traction control, power brakes, airbags, and more. Though, despite advances in technology over half a century, the build quality is shit on the fiesta. It seems like quality got exchanged for luxury features, on fucking econoshitboxes.

>but muh bluetooth and built-in faggot screen

Jesus christ they even copy complete shite like the Daewoo Matiz