/ovg/ - high intellect simulator edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Hop in the discord if you like inline images in your text discussion
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/PrXJ0
webmshare.com/LnmLe
youtube.com/watch?v=v8U2R2EZpzA
igpmanager.com/app/p=league&id=35015
youtube.com/watch?v=hF8aQXVUi1I
youtube.com/watch?v=bOp5USGIQrw
youtube.com/watch?v=rusgDD_hAkA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for RR3

>join WAT1

webmshare.com/PrXJ0
>I will overspeed on a shitty line into a wall
The fuck is he thinking, did he expect me to turn in into the corner a bit faster and then use me to slow down like webm related? webmshare.com/LnmLe

Probably just tunnelvisioned and thought he could outbrake you.
Turns out he couldn't.

Which racing game has the best aesthetic?

Auto Modellista

hp2 captures the early 2000s perfectly

>midnight club 3 got a rating for the ps4
>this means rockstar may be re-releasing it
>no talk of an xbox one version or pc port
>tfw don't have a ps4

WHY DO SONYNIGGERS GET ALL THE GOOD GAMES TO THEMSELVES?

Reminder that GRID Autosport will BTFO RR3 when it launches on mobile.

youtube.com/watch?v=v8U2R2EZpzA

>pay once and play
>all dlc included
>no microtransactions

well I'm the user who was mad he bought an early access forza earlier and they finally updated the MP lobbies this morning
still no news on anything else but I mean they added A spec and multiclass so I'm fine with it.

>tfw over half your ps4 library is ps2 rereleases
I wish I was joking

>Midnight club 3
>Good
if you like shitty rubberbanding AI and trash lowrider/dub car """culture""", in which case you belong on worldstar forums, not Veeky Forums.

>d pad will only move an object by 1 or resize by .2
>have to use the analog stick to get .50 movement or .1 resize
>constantly have to do this to get it from xx.50 to xx.00 or from x.0(even) to x.0(odd)
holy fuck was it always like this

No, no it was not.

>using a game pad
Mouse and keyboard will always be better for livery designing by nature

Oh and for like the first time ever I made money off a crate 100k car + 5k for a suit I had already
Shame it was a 100k crate but I mean hey

>game that has always use gamepad
>mouse and keyboard is better!!
PC compatibility was a mistake

>not being able to seamlessly switch
Maybe it’s the 600 hours in GTA 5 but I mean when you want precision shooting mouse and when you want good flying/driving response you pick the game pad off your lap
Plus I’m almost certain they make mouse and keyboard combos for consoles at this point, my old dell one worked on my friends PS4

threadly reminder that there is sunday ae86 series in assetto, starting this sunday at 20:00 UTC

Not really no, the way Forza (and GT Sport for that matter) handles mouse input feels like an afterthought and not really useful.

Technically, any standard HID USB keyboard/mouse will work on PS3 and upwards, but barely any games supports them. GT Sport lets you kinda move around in the menus but it's clunky af and not really usable, and I think there are a couple of shooters on X1 that allow KB+M but it's nowhere near widespread.

What grade is too much for a car to climb? 25%?

107%

custom track with 50% climbs and 90% downhills when

she cute. which track?

virginia
but probably all of them also

>forzababbies refer to VIR with anything other than VIR
Disgusting

>tfw no pixelated maybe a little racist american qt gf

u wanna fuckin go?!?

rough shapes and placeholders but im liking it so far

cool I like it and hope ur having fun

>fun
not really but it something t do and im fueled by disappointment with the only attempt ive seen thus far on the store

>not really but it something t do
>t
t

to
im also fueled by piss tasting lager

Drink that shit ice cold nig

IM A TORQUE WRENCH MORTYYYY
IM TORQUE WRENCH RICKKKK

it is but anything short of a stout is weak piss
>spent the morning drinking and making car parts
>plan to spend the evening drinking and making car parts

dude rigck and mordy lmao that's my favorite cartoon IM PIGCKLE RIGCK lol and then mordy says "awww mann rigck"

wubba flubba gub sub

IIRC overwatch allows KB+M, and console players are salty as fuck.
>B-b-Ban McCree with mouse!
videogames are so full of crybabies these days i stg

I remember the salt being that it doesn't allow it and blames it on the PS4/XBone not having the capability.

>he can't race against rubberbanding ai through hordes of traffic at 400 mph in 240p resolution @ 20 fps

git gud

>240p resolution @ 20 fps
it's only when playing those games on original hardware that you really understand how even 720p at 30 FPS vsynced rocked the consolefags' world

Freeing up spaces in the /ovg/ igp manager league.

For those who don't know it's literally free multiplayer online browser based motorsport manager.

No it's not pay2win.

Everyone who got 0 points in the first season just got kicked, we are about to start season 2 in one day. Races are daily 11 pm cest, but will probably move them one hour earlier, we'll see.

pass is 4ch

igpmanager.com/app/p=league&id=35015

igp sucks

So how many people are doing ARCA tomorrow?

i'm a faggot and decided to uninstall all my rfactors and now i'm going to play only gt sport

Probably the same amount of people that have been

One hour until the spooky Friday the 13th edition SRC race!

Don't forget to install spotlights, they do help.

the question is how many people are gonna practice for tommorow

"Es sieht nicht gut aus, selbst wenn Sie sich viel Mühe geben" - user

Are you finished? Because it looks better than I expected atleast.

>finished
that side of the car isnt even finished yet desu

and a heil hitler to you too bro

Half an hour to SRC at Mountain!

Reminder that if you didn't race last week, don't forget to download the mod again and get last week's skin pack.

My game always fucking crashes in the livery editor, I've lost my work too many times to want to bother with that shit again.

m8 im backing out every 5 mins. ive lost work on horizon too many times to trust it not to crash. at most ill lose a few parts

If they're going to make a game that abruptly crashes to desktop completely at random with no warning and no errors then they could at least make it autosave your liveries.

We're in warm up!
Get in here!

It does, it's just wildly inconsistent

i buy 10% beer to fuel my drunken hammer.exe rampages

i know its not the same as making meme liveries for FASTs but its still creation goddamnit

>"dude, sports cars make the best racecars!"
>Me, an intellectual

How do you say nice things about this game without sounding like a shill?

Also, name a better game.

Cruis'n USA

>name a better game.
Streets Of Sim City

iirc ShadowRun on the 360 let you use KB+M but then they patched it out because people complained

>the grid is part of the livery

VR isn't for everyone, and while you can usually accurately figure that out pretty quickly, I would still say it's worth spending a little time trying it properly before dismissing it. The immersion, and the ability to place your wheels precisely where you want them is what keeps me eschewing non-VR titles - I simply won't play them now. The sensation of being in the motor car - especially when supplemented with a few transducers and SimVibe - is remarkable, and VR has made me faster on actual racetracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=hF8aQXVUi1I
>see thumbnail
>excited
>click video
>milestone
JUST

who would have suspected lol
i hope layer management is simple in fm7

MXGP3 turned out pretty good though?

The in-air feel is shit, and SX racing is 90% airtime.

it is but a full grip wrap is annoying af to do

>SPONSORSHIP [thing] : THE VIDEO GAME

i really wonder why people still name stuff like this. everyone knows its going to be shovelware from that name alone.

also reminder that this is the official WRC game, also made by Milestone:
youtube.com/watch?v=bOp5USGIQrw

No MXGP3 was pretty good.

Day 11... I'm still mad about drift rivals

Why even modify cars? Why even buy cars? Homologated untunable rentals are the shittiest things under this Communist rule

just buy more loot crates and forza tokens, thatll solve your problems. git gud

So are drivatar liveries still not appearing for anyone else with F7?

It kinda sucks especially in one malke races like trucks, really triggers the autism

>>SPONSORSHIP [thing]
This is all burger sports though.

what GTR2 mod is that?

For me it only shows custom liveries for those who actually own Forza 7. Drivatars from my friends list who dont own forza 7 are given default liveries.

it makes sense on tv but not in video game

you dont see BURGER KING PRESENTS: COD OF DUTY or COORS BREWING CO. COOKING PAPA

even shit that is unironic corporate cash grab shovelware themed after their own mascots at least tries and goes with things like Sneak King

The very sad thing is that all of these energy drink companies may go the way of tobacco companies. The long-term health effects of essentially ODing on caffeine can't be good. Like, there's coffee, and then there's the shit in Red Bull or Monster.

Well that just fucking sucks

Hopefully it won't take them months to change it.

Must say F7 so far has felt like early access, would explain the complete lack on new cars or tracks to the series.

So glad GT comes next week so I can play that whilst Turn 10 tries to be a decent dev like Playground Games, Horizon games have been so much more consistent with their quality...

/rant

It was a spinoff game release along wrc4 you dumbass

If you want to shit on Milestone shit on how bad wrc4 was instead

MXGP3 was their best game by a mile, and then some. Played awesome online, all the Reflex community guys (YellowS2K, Turley, DeeO, et al) loved it and played it a bunch in streams. Like me they just couldnt get over the obscure tracks. They wanted an american game. Well now they're going to get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rusgDD_hAkA

>youtube personalities

>Turn 10 tries to be a decent dev like Playground Games
hold on. i didnt realize turn10 was tech support for playground on fh games. that means turn t10 hasnt done anything sensible in a long time

SLRE is their best game imo (albeit buggy af on pc, but fixable). Man if they could remake that in UE4 I would buy pay full price again

because they added new multiplayer hoppers and it's really the only thing that matters desu senpai

>Tuning allowed
It wasn't allowed in the other hoppers?

>MULTIPLAYER HOPPERS
>multiplayer hoppers
quality control is a high priority i see

>Sim damage on
This sounds fucking terrible
I know exactly how good the average Forza player is

maybe inbetween race tuning? I dunno, only the breakout interests me but I already posted that upthread. Basically anything A spec goes.
kinda shitty when a fag decides to bring out a truck or rally car but I mean hey, fags.

uh, then don't play that hopper?

grid too distracting y/n?

are the trucks not blocked from general races like in fm6
how are you even supposed to race a truck?

Which racetracks?

looks like the lines are too fat

fuk
i thought so. will have to redo the grid