/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Vintage OP pics edition

edellinen This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/
>Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/
>DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/
>WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/
>Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Graze Counter
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899022724
>Ketsui M2 port
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
twitter.com/__danbo/status/877646356608937984
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dead

i don't see any touhou in this image?

Was made by a dad.

>you will never spend thousands of dollars on PCBs and never make it past stage 3 in any of the games

The thread died.

It's rather depressing every time it happens, isn't it...?

go full touhou, arcade games was a mistake

it's a shmups general lmao why would it be there?

>>Bullet Soul
>store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
is good?

Stay ARAIBU!

it's summer ffs and a stonking one at that, i'm sweating tits just posting.

>not living in a cool basement to go full shmup
lmao

Oh yeah, it's fucking hot all right. Makes me want to fuck off to Iceland or something forever, honestly. I want to escape the inhumane hell that is summer.

Yes, yes it is.

Indeed. Summer-themed pictures to beat the heat!

But it's winter you dumbos

stuff some ice in between your rolls of fat, fatty

Wish it was, in fact, I wish we'd get a volcanic or nuclear winter although the latter wouldn't be so fun I imagine.

yeah nah

and touhou is a shmup

Mahou Otome doing a crossover event with some series I've never heard of that has a mile-long name. Guess it's back to Fire Emblem Heroes and Puyo Quest for me.

Stop playing mobage trash and practice shmups.

It's too cold to play SHMUPs. My fingers are frozen.

>summer so far has been mostly cool stormy weather
Time to collect some low-tier 1ccs!

Trust me, it's on my gaming "To Do" list. Just that... there's quite a bit of stuff ahead of it right now that I wanna get done first.

at least it's not touhou

The only acceptable graze 'em up is Psyvariar.

Gradius 4 doesn't fuck around

true but it's not to bad when you get the hang of it, the psp port also has save states to practice.

>The only acceptable graze 'em up is Psyvariar.
God damn i wish degicunt would bring this to steam.

Haven't gotten past level 4 so far, will probably need to start using save states soon since the game is quite long. Game's a blast and looks very crisp with higher resolutions, never thought I'd appreciate the weird 3D.

4's an easy stage, a strat i use is to have a sense of the option theif timer for example i activate the 4th in stage 2 at a point i've mapped so the theif comes in 4 at a safe point now go forwards and let it take the last one leaving you with 3 as the homing cunt is to risky to try not losing any. 5's the best stage in any gradius ever you're gonna love it even though it's brutal and yeah i like its look to.

I'll keep that in mind when I get to level 4 without dying like a bitch on level 3. Which ship type would you recommend? I saw people praising the vertical mine one but its laser is so shit

should i >buy pawarumi or is it shite

How long does it take me to go from DDP 1all to 2all? I'm pretty talented at videogames but I haven't touched the genre in a long time. I want those 2alls though.

600 hours

prolly between 100-150 hours

>Which ship type would you recommend?
either of the last 2 but yeah vertical mines is the best type probably overall, it's laser is obsolete aside from stage3 as it cuts bubbles in half immediately but the usual strat is to keep the normal default shot as its super fast and powerful until 4 then switch to spread until 7 then i usually suicide or die to get past the retards with arms and kill the 7 boss with default shot then switch back to spread to finish. Using the mines effectively is really important and you want 2 speed ups for everything pretty much, i use 3 for bits but it's not essential and harder if you don't know what you're doing.

by 7 i mean 6 actually.

Don't die!

its ok, pretty easy clear. i wouldnt pay full price for it

/shmupg/ - toehoe and pedosmiles spam general

god i love dadgames. the older simpler and shittier they are the better

We need to come up with a list of qualities to create the perfect, most daddiest shmup ever and then have someone make it. It wouldn't be hard since dadgames are simple and boring as shit.

>It wouldn't be hard since dadgames are simple and boring as shit.
yeah, not nearly enough underage girls and autistic scoring systems in classic shumps, just pure ludo

Now if only I could give these strats a try but I keep getting dominated by bubbles

Bananamagnet streaming mush ultra atm.

How do you guys feel about Danmaku Death on android?

Has anybody ever heard of the secret character in Dangun Feveron (or Fever SOS) before? Or used it?

uo poko? it's pretty well known and the best scoring ship

Bahmpu~

I'm tired.

Certain animals burrow underground to escape excessive day time temperatures. I guess that's as good an excuse as any to play Subterranean Animism.

Bahmpu~

will kraut-kun ever do ccwi unlimited mode scoring

Watch out

This 1cc continues to elude me. Salt levels rising.

No, I don't think so. I already found original too difficult. Unlimited is way above my level.

Fuck! Goddamnit! How do I lose 7 lives on Stage 6?! This is UFO all over again.

>losing 7 lifes on stage 6 in UFO

twitter.com/__danbo/status/877646356608937984

Poo Revolver patch after half a year of delays

>timing the patch for the steam sale
rly makes u think

It's nerves. In UFO's case 5 of them were on Byakuren's 2nd nonspell.

What is better: Charge shots like in R-Type, or burst beams like in Cyvern for example?
I personally hink burst beams are actually better, since they don't require charging and can be used immediately. Always having to charge kinda disturbs the action.

Charge shots can have a nice BOOM effect though which is also a plus.

You mean with an energy bar? I like charge shots more because they feel organic and satisfying unlike energy bars. Limited energy is strategically more interesting in the long run, but the problem is that until you have a specific route the energy bar discourages sub weapon use.

Charge is great. But the best gimmick is programmable options like MUSHA/Garegga.

I always found it kinda awkward to switch between formations in Garegga. I prefer more only 2 option formations, Cave/Toaplan style.

>Limited energy is strategically more interesting in the long run
You also can give charge shots limited energy, by giving it ammo too.

I hate how Cave makes you slow your movespeed to use the alternate shot. Just keep it to the same speed, you fucks.

It's there to give it a drawback. And it also fits to bullethell for more precise dodging.

just bomb everything

Cee here shmupg I think as a community we should create the first shmup list in order of dad rating to go with the japanese difficulty wiki.

>all these great games you will never be able to enjoy since they are way too difficult
That's how I feel about 90% of shmups. great games, but just too difficult.

Practice!

When you have to practice for umpteens of hours, just to be able to clear stage 2 without dying, then it's not fun anymore. It's just frustration pure.

Poo Patcher out on Steam.

That doesn't sound like 90% of shmups, that sounds like the top 5%. What are you playing?

Currently I was playing Cyvern. Even the first boss is just ridiculous, with nearly undodgable patterns.

Before this I was playing Raiden 2, which is even more ridiculous. They are nice games, but I totally can understand that this genre is fucking dead, when literally 90% of the games are just ridiculous difficulty-wise.

Play Dragon Blaze already

>Psikyo
I doubt that this would be any easier.
Psikyo has easy first levels, but from stage 4 onwards it's pure hell, especially in the 2nd loop.

Which shmups are worth buying on the steam sale? I already own CCWI.

everything CAVE

blue revolver

Already own it as well. Not even mad for the leaderboards delay since danbo actually did the balance pass and added content to the game.

>fixed wide shot type speed
>focus shot type still feels like utter shit

>Currently I was playing Cyvern. Even the first boss is just ridiculous, with nearly undodgable patterns.
wow yeah it's almost like you have to learn something right? completely inconvenient.

>wow yeah it's almost like you have to learn something right?
There is a difference between having to learn something, and having only a fucking pixel of dodging space right at the first boss already, you fucking retard.

>streaming blue revolver muted

wow what a cunt.

>muh pixelperfect
>muh frameperfect

>cyvern pb 2-4
>i'm the retard

It takes 30 mins of tries to figure a strat for the 1st boss ffs lmao, christ if you tried the rank raising strats to get the diff colour high rank boss for max milking chance you'd shit your pants,. learn to herd you fucking gay lord.

i gonna buy poo revolver, with a 90% discount only

>not getting it with the 100% discount via steams retardation.

truly a plebian slave consumer.

>look how hardcore i am
99% of people playing video games think shmups are too difficult. Not everyone can be as hardcore as you, cee.

>Raiden 2
Come on now that game is harder than most old shooters, the rest aren't too bad.

I find them all too hard. That's also why I don't play much anymore.
There is no fun in constantly having to restart.

>Caring what anyone else thinks
I'm not hardcore in the least it's more that the west is unbelievably dire lazy and weak willed by a shit culture, logic,practice and perseverance are all you need to become competent. The prob in the west is everyone just plays a game until they early plateau then hop to something else like it's all rush rush rush rather than picking away at a game for 1/2 hrs a day with no consideration for overall time.

play batsugun special