Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums.

I'm looking at buying a new sportier car.

I've got my eyes on a WRX, it's a 2017 limited with the automatic. I'm wondering if the auto is really that worse then the manual? It looks to be just as fast, so I don't see where this stigma comes from.

Is it a good buy/ lease?

inb4 buy manual, I can't drive stick and don't want to learn. Plus traffic on the highway sometimes.

>worse then
ok son, now leave and never come back

Can you just give advice rather then picking at my grammar choices?

>rather then
ok now it's just bait...

>just as fast
in a straight line maybe, but straight line speed isn't why you buy a WRX
also, IIRC the auto for the Impreza is a shithouse CVT

Point of a manual is not being fast. Its being fun to drive. if its not a daily learn to drive stick and buy a manual

>I'm wondering if the auto is really that worse then the manual?
That's the utterly horrendous CVT, right? Stay the fuck away.

If you are getting an auto just go with a base model impreza (or an alternative shit box) and blow your load later on a proper vehicle.

OP here, what about a slightly used Mustang GT auto?

Ok.
You want a sporty car but you don't want to drive it like a sports car.
You want a modern Subaru, and a WRX at that, when everyone and their mother knows that Subaru don't make good cars any more.
You want to buy or LEASE a new 2017 vehicle, which is retarded in and of itself, but the fact that you even mention leasing means that you don't actually have the money for a brand new car.
You don't want to learn how to drive a real car because "muh traffic" when you've never driven a manual in traffic before, so you just take whatever dumb Americans around you tell you as fact.

Is there anything else I have to say?
My advice is to buy a used MX-5 (or alternate cheap sporty car) for a grand or two and use it to learn how to drive manual. Drive it for a year then consider dropping more money on a newer vehicle after you've done some proper research.

"I want a car that is fun to drive but I don't like to drive for fun" Learn manual you pleb, it takes very little time. And it's not that bad in traffic.

its a CVT, CVTs are much worse than a regular auto

mustang gt auto isn't bad

He is right tho. Get a Miata and if you
Like it and want more power after a year sell and spend the money then.

And the auto in suburus are absolute trash. There are plenty of fun and fast autos but suburu doesn't use them. Getting an auto suburU would literally make your car not sporty anymore by virtue of how much torque is lost during the slow shifts

>buying a memebaru
>buying a cvt
>wanting a sporty car to be involved in the driving experience but want an auto so i don't have to be too involved
just kys.

not buying a manual subaru defeats the entire purpose of buying a subaru
you'll look like a lesbian with that thing.
Man the fuck up and learn to drive a real car you pussy.

I guess so, I just think it's funny that people who don't know how to drive stick act like it's such a chore and difficult... 80 year old ladies in the UK and even US do it all the time.

But yeah get a CVT... If that's what it is then that's retarded for a "sporty" car. At least a dual clutch

Better choice

>I can’t drive stick and don’t want to learn
Fuck off

>can't drive stick
>wants to get a sportier car

>slow shifts
that particular car has a CVT

which is slow

Just by a V6 Camry, they make literally as much power as a WRX these days.

Buy a manual car when you decide it's time to drive a 'fun' car.

Driving stick is easy to learn and it's fine in traffic. Took me a weekend to get the hang of it.

yeah, but it doesn't shift in the traditional sense

this

a v6 camry is more of a sporty car than a ctv wrx