/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

12 man balmung queue edition

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq

Previously on /xivg/:

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE THEY DONE TO DRK? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?????

O come ye wayward brothers
Bereft of hearth and home.
Beneath yon burning star there lies
A haven for the bold
Raise up your hands and voices
Let fill your hearts with pride
above the churning waters we
Stand strong and unified.

I'm a dumb tin man looking for friends on Faerie.

If you don't mind chatting with a complete noob, let me know!

drk is fine, l2p

Activate it.

Anyone on louisoix
Or is it just me ;_;

is kugane africa?
child soldiers being trained right before my eyes

Hope you know how to play the piano

Hi guys!

I've been considering trying this game out for the last couple of days. Thinking of hitting up the trial version later today and then we'll see!

I come from WoW/BDO and enjoy fast paced characters as well as healers, any suggestions on what to play?

Oh and, I really hate playing alone, does anyone want to make a new friend? :)

Oh and I'd love to pick a server where I can do some (e)RP on the side, where should I go? I'm settled in the EU.

Are there any other Goblin players here?

Sounds like you want Omega

hey I'm prince today
riding on white horse to save and kiss some princess

the melee are "fast paced", rdm is too, but you can't unlock that til 50.

>Come from WoW/BDO

Ehh. Well, first piece of advice is to not immediately write off the 2.5sec GCD. FFXIV is a game that starts VERY slowly, but as you level up and gain more skills, once you hit 50/60+ you'll realise the 2.5 gives you some welcome breathing room.

By the sounds of it, you'll likely want to go with the "Scholar" Job which begins as an "Arcanist".

Combat doesn't really get "fast" until Lv. 45+, the game takes it sweet time easing you into the game

If you want fast-paced melee dps, go Monk

Forgot to mention: Any of the Melee DPS classes would classify as "fast-paced".

how to make me char combat faster on 45+ ?

Is anyone really happy with how their class turned out in SB? I've mostly only heard people complaining, but maybe it's a vocal minority.

I'm very happy with ninja. They fixed most of the complaints that I had with the class.

Scholar isn't really fast paced, although it did have a lot of buttons to press. However it lost several of those buttons recently and had its AoE damage, which is critical for leveling and doing 4-man dungeons, absolutely gutted.

Ninja is ok, feels weird pushing about 6 less buttons for my opener, but I've gotten used to it mostly. PvP on the other hand...

I was recommending along the lines of least "slow" feeling healing class. We all know WHM's infamous Stone/Aero hell of early levels, and all you got now as AST is Malefic/Combust.

>pull entire map
>restore only 15% MP

DRK IS FUCKING DEAD WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

>mfw this baka won't stop bothering me

Summoner feeling strange and wonky andsimultaneously feeling as though it's missing some vital organs. It's not salvageable, but does need a lot of work.

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but what is the armor that X’rhun Tia is wearing, and do you get it through RDM job quests?

PLD is pretty great. Halved MP is amazing and Holy Spirit + Req does a fuckton.

>Line of Sight; used to indicate a broken line of site,
>site
Good job.

not unsalvageable* sorry.

The general feeling is that they were halfway redesigning SMN before they just up and called it quits.

>tfw blew her a kiss and she got all flustered

arachne webs and wootz ore are shit for gil now, wat buy with GC seals?

SCH here, not too happy with the changes. For me it's not so much about the damage nerf, the class just feels super boring now. With stance dancing, weaving dots while keeping shadowflare up, and running in and out of melee range for miasma II SCH felt like the most active of healers in my opinion. Now it's just throw up 2 dots and shadowflare if it's on cd then spam broil.

SCH just feels hollow now.

Maybe respect the content and pull smaller

I really hope people don't wear this set out too quickly, but it is really excellent, fulfilled our dreams of having Imperial armor too I guess.

The flexibility between your gauge and your MP is really fun, especially with how the block changes make Sheltron and Bulwark really great cooldowns. I wish we had a better way to turn gauge into MP, though.

What's the final consensus on SMN?

is it worth sticking with at all or should I just switch to RDM? I enjoyed it a lot pre-SB but everyone says its shit now

Wait you can do that?

よしだあああああああああああああああああああああ

I actually really enjoy BRD. It doesn't feel like they fucked with the core of the job and theres a lot more to do with the new songs. Only annoying thing is BV and troubador not hitting on the BRD when they cast it

Never played a melee DPS in 14 before. Should I start with Dragoon or Ninja? From what I've seen ninja's rotation isn't a clusterfuck like dragoon

Delete your Leviathan alts.

clunky but still good
Bahamut is actually pretty interesting, as he attacks for every single action you do that is targetted(not counting your auto attacks)
fucking awful in dungeons though

sam and whm are kewl

What's an Omega?

Hm, all right. I was thinking maybe monk or machinist? Thanks for the image though, looks really helpful!
Oh yeah, I'm aware of the GCD thing. And I'll look up some vids on the Scholar as well, thank you. :)

I was thinking of maybe trying monk! How long time would you say it takes to get to 45+?

Ninja is the hardest job in the game.

>What's an Omega?

Server name for the conditions you were looking for.

It's taken some getting used to, but I'm honestly enjoying the new summoner. It feels like there's more distinct 'phases' to the rotation, and it's not just Slam jam everything into 15 seconds each minute and then sit on your hands for 45 seconds, repeat. Stacks not falling off is also huge and gives you way more leeway in how and when you use them.

;)

How are we liking the new jobs?

I'm not liking how SAM is broken as fuck, but it'll probably get nerfed before raids are released.

Ah right, I thought it was something about the jobs/classes I had missed, but thank you! :)

Who is this hunka hunka burning highlander love????

you're an idiot, they're being trained in the art of Bushido outside of their Dojo.

>no utility but all dmg
>broken
enjoy not skipping 4.0's soar my dude

In susano ex, after gaol and the purple mark switches so that the party has to move, does it ever switch back?

>No utility
That doesn't mean anything when they deal 40% more damage than every other dps.

I don't have an anime girl smug enough for this reply

>was never taught fencing when he was a kid

What said mostly. Note that the beta ACT is broken for Summoner as well currently, as it's not tracking Bio/Miasma 3 at all.

what are the easiest DPS classes?

RDM

I fucked up and levelled to 30+ before the opportunity to get my job opens up. If I level up any further, do those carry over to the job or am I back to level 30 when I equip it?

what are the easiest DPS classes that aren't RDM

Gilgamesh, Kugane, Bokaisen Hot Springs

The attention to detail on NPCs and general area design is really nice throughout Stormblood

>ask friend if i should go brd or mch
>he says brd
>i go mch anyway
>get it to 70, full 310 with susan weapon
>i'm currently powering through potd with a bard
This was a mistake. Old Machinist was better.

It carries over, technically your job doesn't level at all, it's all the xp of the base class.

I want to pet this lala

I don't like potd anymore

They're all easy, user.

Awesome, thanks. I was just confused because don't the Heavensward/Stormblood jobs reset you to 30?

Too bad brd is boring as fuck

yeah
but i want one that i have literally no chance of fucking up at all

Anyone care to post the SAM rotation?

"Yes" but those are their own jobs.

If you level up to 40 on Marauder, you'll still be 40 when you switch to Warrior

If you switch to Conjurer at level 1, CNJ will be level 1, and WAR will still be 40 when you switch back.

They don't reset anything, you can switch jobs as you please and retain your old level it just depends what main hand weapon you have equipped, those jobs just start at 30 because they're from the expansion and have no base class. The Stormblood jobs start at 50.

{Help!}

Level?

in that case the best one is git gud

having to go 1-100 potd is awful

How do you replay a PotD floor?

Give me the quick rundown on 4.0 DRK. Is there any reason to run it instead of a second Paladin?

>singlehandedly claim glorious victory in the Nadaam
>this bitch lets the clan of Berke stay on MY skull throne

Purge the horsefuckers.

You can only restart from floor 1 or floor 51 after you've beaten 50

Anyone have a good succubus au ra?

70?

I only ask because someone was posting them the other day but I neglected to save them.

Should I play sluthealer or NIN?
I usually play DPS but the queues are just too long for it to be enjoyable.

So is this where I come to talk about FFXV too?

flames storm or serpent on Gilgamesh

Play a tank

But that's the most boring class to play

I'm going to play Machinist for fun and interactivity, to feel like i'm actually playing the game.
I'm going to play Bard to feel cozy and be comfy pushing random buttons because in the end it'll work and still pull higher dps than a Machinist doing advanced mathmatics on the fly.

Will they make RDM and SAM Jump Potions?

Yes in 4.1

Join the sluthealer gang.

is DRG anygood?

Which healer is the best?

DRG is fantastic

WAR is alright, I can feel the new beast gauge. Wish they did something more substantial with MNK, Chakra generation is still pretty meager even with the passive and the new Riddles don't really wow me. With how SAM is built, it just seems like a MNK that can pull more because his resource(s) are more forgiving.

Be my sluthealer, server?