/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

The titlekey website has moved:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 introduces many NTR-like features such as screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
-This Luma update requires boot9strap 1.2. See guide for details updating new or existing installations. 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s
[May 25] Recent bans singled out hacked consoles preventing online play, use of the Friend List, YouTube, Hulu Netflix, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. This is easily reversed and not an NNID ban.
-You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned, but be prepared for Nintendo to ban these from time to time as well. pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i

>Switch
[Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other exploits have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>Vita
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/updating-b9s
jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/
jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/job/Luma3DS-Legacy/7/artifact/out/boot.firm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not using this as the op

heh who cares desu

I dont get it. Streaming shitting up? OR Rosalina slow screenshot fuck up?

Screenshot fucking up.
Also apparently corrupted the SD card of the user.

Reminder that Ever Oasis is available now to get your comfy on

The great Luma 8 corrupted user's SD after hard freezing during a screenshot.

>cakes

Now we have to wait for River City: Knights of Justice – dunno if its worth waiting for though

Cakes for 1.2 when

Whats the way to update B9S?

I dont think I have B9S 1.2

Reminder that if you use B9S you're retarded and deserved to break your console and get banned.

Jesus Christ. I took a picture myself to check the shit and nothing broke, luckly.

>a9lh is shit
>b9s is shit
>Luma is shit
>Cakes is shit
>3dsguide is shit
>VC is shit
>retroarch is shit
>ask for alternatives to these
>go back to plebbit we're not going to spoonfeed you
All I wanted to do was pirate 3DS games.

How fix?
Luma 8.0
Sys 11.4
USA O3ds
I changed the game's region to USA with luma region switcher thing

Guys I'm following this guide:

3ds.guide/updating-b9s

I got up to this:
Section II - Installing boot9strap
Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu

When I hold start it does nothing and when I hold Select it just loads the Luma 7.1 configuration.

Help

Why aren't you playing her game /hbg/?

Because of this

>pirate
You're the shittest of them all.

>Luma
>8.0
>falling for the meme

>the game is EUR region and needs it to run
>I changed it to USA region, why doesn't it work
You people are hopeless.

Asking a game to load USA files it doesn't have because it's an EUR copy and they aren't included is crash-worthy. Thats not what region switching is for.

Is there a way how to easily repackage/compile a PSP homebrew application to a PS Vita homebrew?

Or is there a way how to get PSP Homebrew to use more ram that is available thanks to vita's hardware?

Makes sense, but I did try switching it back to EUR and same error

Go back to sucking the cabal's dicks on reddit.

Probably because 8.0 has broken region emulation. Try another luma version

>he fell for the "update to 8.0" meme

Oh dear, how do I downgrade luma

They did fix this in a commit but release version 8.0 is shit tier. Try a nightly.

It's possible his SD card was already on its way out.

All you had to do was switch to cakes.

All I care about is playing games, not homebrew or wierd extra shit

Unless cakes has native DS support via SD card then I'll stick to luma

It's possible that you're just a shill.

>cakes
>it just werks
>bricks your console to get rid of rxtools garbage
VS
>luma
>shit breaks every update
>lets you know to shutdown every time something happens
>something happens a lot

Chances Nintendo will sell european units of the 2DS XL next month at launch with a 11.5?

I'm debating whether or not to keep my modded 3DS until then

You receive updates for windows only for a 3ds update?

So how can I play ever oasis on luma in usa

>something happens a lot
Made me kek.

friends list isn't booting after update
no ban message

can't

Damnit, whats the possibility of someone patching it for region free soon?

Just give me 5 hours

Something isn't right. I can't get NTR to run with any games,and there's no plugin options when I open it up during a game. No green flash. Folders only have the cheat.plg inside each of them.
Tried RAMExplorer both in the home folder in plugin and as it is now.

It seems the most likely culprit would be simply using the wrong cheat.plg/game ID but I've verified they're the same.

Using NTR Selector 3.4 in the default mode on n3ds. Any ideas, lads?

I feel that the game was suppose to have voice overs. It feels so off

already available in the downunderverse with 11.4

I'll give YOU my COCK because I am HORNY for some MOTHERFUCKING
EVER
FUCKING
OASIS

FUCK

I can't feel anything. You sure it's in?

Ignore the meming autist pushing cakes up everyones asshole. Use luma legacy. Its 7.1 with b9s support. Should work for you.
jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/

That just means its working

*NTR 3.5, sorry.

>nintendo has paid online
>all the good games require paid online
>they're coded to always be online and stop if they aren't
>this kills the /hbg/ poorfag pirates

Christ another retard that falls for other anons memes and cant read anything. Download localeswitcher from FBI, the 2nd one you see from TitleDB and set the game to EU. Thats it. Use luma 7.1 legacy also for less meme bloatware shit

>US FAGS BTFO

I only take big cocks asshole. Only real men and men (male) are allowed in this general buckaroo.

Why are you asking us if you followed the guide reddit gave you? Go ask them.

Stupid question but how install luma legacy

can you use locale emulation for the dsi games?
I cant play the Shantae ds game becasue all lines of text are "localization not found"

That never happened with any other game as far as I'm aware.

>HUR DUR BTFO XD EPIC SHITPOSTING ACTIVATE!!
You do realize the game all it needs is a locale.txt with EUR EN, right? Of course you do. You just want to ve obnoxious and autistic
Download this and just replace the boot.firm from your sd
jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/job/Luma3DS-Legacy/7/artifact/out/boot.firm

So I should replace the Luma files on my 3DS with the 7.1 version to play out-of-region games? When will this tranny fix this shit?

>
Lol. I'm a fat burger and I got it running right now. You can eat me you shitposting prick

Some are coded to default to a language if need be, others crash.
This doesn't just apply to the 3ds it's to consoles in general, especially ones without region free.
color splash is such an example.

Alright, nothing to do on the 3ds?

Give it to me straight /hbg/.
If I'm modding a 3DS for the first time, is there honestly a superior alternative to b9s 1.2 + Luma 8.0?

7.1 doesn't work either

Yeah. Emunand+cakes+public lfcsb.

>This triggered amerifats

God damn this is glorious.

Other than setting up luma by clicking Patch emulation whatever and show version string. That's about it with luma. Also enable svc option thing.

So should I downloaded the Luma Legacy boot.firm file? What if the tranny decides to fix it? Any annoyances that might come up because I'm playing an out-of-region game?

Ok so I got luma legacy 7.1, I switched the region to EUR with locales switcher, this time when I launch ever oasis, it kicks me out to the home menu and tells me theres an error, and the system will restart

Yes what could I have even been thinking, suggesting the benefit of the doubt based on my own experience. That's how you tell the shills on Veeky Forums!

replaced the cheat.plg with a new one and it seems to have fixed it, but I still am at a loss with the RAM Explorer.

Did you enabled the following?
>game patching
>show nand user string
>Patch SVC
Also make sure you downloaded Luma Locale Switcher - Rvn

>they're coded to always be online and stop if they aren't
Hmmmm I wonder what happened to the last company that tried this

Pretty sure you need to make sure NTR.3dsx is in the root folder

You can never go wrong with mariobux.

So a long time ago I ended up downloading the 11.2 update (Or was it 11.3?) that ended up breaking everything like a retard and stopped playing on my 3ds. I wasn't really interested in any new games at the time, but now there are some new titles coming out I want to play so I want to fix my system.

Does anyone know what I can do to unbork my 3ds? I was thinking about just starting from scratch, since guides on updating I'm looking at don't really consider the possibility you just messed everything up with an update from a long time ago. If anyone has any ideas before I just restart everything they would be much appreciated. I'm just a bit confused since there seems to be so many changes since I last paid attention to the homebrew scene.

I'm also using Cakes, which sounds like it's been kind of outdated for ages but it got the job done so I didn't mind. Is it about time I switched to something else?

I love you, it was the fact I didn't habe that version of locale switcher

Some of you guys are alright, don't update your Switch tomorrow

What the hell is DSP1 and why do I need to run it (if I do need it)?
There's no documentation on it.

I swear I saw a thread for it yesterday, now it's gone.

Did said the 2nd one from TitleDB but glad i made it more clear for you. Take note that apperently we do have a handful of games that requires a locale.txt to just make them work for whatever reason. Usually thats not the case

I already had a version of locales switcher from when european version of dragon quest 8 was leaked

US when

How do I get the DLC working on Fire Emblem Echoes? I got the game and DLC from freeshop but it's not appearing in my game.

How the fuck do i set up input redirection on the 3ds? Just updated to luma 8 and b9s for this shit and i don't even know how it works.

Not that user but out of curiosity what does the SVC patch do? It's never mentioned in 3ds.guide

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer

>Just updated to luma 8
many keks were had

Some games that uses layerSF or whatever is called requieres that option to be enabled for them to work properly along with game patch option. Like Pokemon Rutile ruby or whatever the shit.

>not using the improved pasta

>download retroarch .7z or other homebrew emulators
>download the roms you want
>get bios for NeoGeo, MSX, etc
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features not available in VC
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles
>only use VC injects for GBA

Because that pasta is for shitposting none stop.

This pasta is actually helpful though, the goal of the original one is to be a useless textwall that wastes your bandwidth

>Story missions are displayed in red(colored red)
>General request from people in need are displayed in blue(colored green)
What did they mean by this?

Nevermind i just found a tutorial made by a HUE on goytube.

Honestly I laughed at that too

probably was a request thread or do u remember one with a dl?

I've yet to update from A9LH to B9S because I lost my microSD adapter. Can I transfer the files using an FTP client or will something like that brick the console?

are you using emunand or a9lh?

What exactly is the dungeon count for ever oasis? I know its randomly generated, but how many should we expect to do in a playthrough

Are you saying it says they'll be blue, but they're green? What game?

Japanese has the word aoi which can mean green or blue. The localization team probably didn't test the game or something and assumed which it would be?