This is a nice car to Australians

Is it true Australian are all woman? Why would anyone want any holden past the 70s?
Are they all automotively and aesthetically lame? Maybe someone can explain this interest in cars that all look like 90s ford taurus clones.

Australians seem to be equal to Africans when it comes to automotives.

Nobody fucking likes that car here except poor as fuck bogans.
The only people that would drive it would get it as a hand-me-down or a cheap first car.
That's like saying Americans like this. Only fucking rednecks and poor people would like this.

What's wrong with it?
Brb
>easy to work on/cheap maintenance
>decent fuel economy
>lots of cheap parts available
>lots of room in the back
>available for

Just get a Falcon brah

But Falcons are shit.

>decent fuel economy
What estimate would you give for fuel usage on a VS sedan? (V6)
Need a cheap car to drive for a while cause my Triton is fucked.

Depends how fucked the engine is. A tight motor will prolly get you 9-10l/100k highway and 11-12 around town if you don't thrash it. Vs is the sweet spot tho. Vr had a shittier motor and vt+ has basically the same motor with more weight to carry. Vz alloytec are dogshit and should be avoided.

Thanks for the info, a couple of my friends have VT's and they've said that the motor strains a bit under the weight.

Really? I used to a tow shit with a vy wagon and it seemed alright to me. I mean, if you're expecting VF sv6 performance it will probably seem weak but you aren't gonna have issues overtaking 90km max shitboxes.

9-10 sounds really good, my Triton has a 2.4 I4 and it uses that much while being a gutless piece of shit

No promises, m8. If you do get one, change the oxygen sensor whether its giving a fault code or not. They like $30 and will give shitty fuel consumption if they 20+ years old

>tfw poor and possibly a redneck and like that a lot
What's so wrong with liking the 80's/90's family-haulers of old?

>second greatest I6 ever produced
>shit

>tfw i genuinely love the VT commodore
>VT/VX clubsport with LS1 is one of my dream cars

t. Warped heads
Nothing wrong with it, m8. Just financefags trying to justify their poor decision
304>350

Sounds good, thanks. Reckon its worth spending any more to get a Calais over a standard Commodore? As far as I can tell the only difference is a slightly nicer interior

On the vs, the Calais are much nicer inside and have nicer interior/seats, electric windows, 2 Airbags, actual climate control rather than cold and hot dial, and I think the springs are a bit softer. Probably not worth the extra couple of hundred if it's just going to be a temporary shitbox. You aren't exactly going to be pulling roots with higher end 23 yo commonwhore.

The point is that it's not exclusive to Australians

But the thing is, people like the brand because it's actually made good cars, the only car people seems to like in australia is the Commodore, but that thing looks like a very very generic mash up of other cars and has nothing interesting to offer. like if a focus and a KIA had a child who was even more dull.

>v8
>rwd
>dull
What?

thats the point of it though. its not supposed to look like anything special, its supposed to look like an average family car. because thats what it is.

>look like 90s ford taurus clones.
Because that is a generic base model v6 wagon from the 90's, what exactly do you want from it?

>this is a nice car to Australians
>Why would anyone want any holden past the 70s?
>Are they all automotively and aesthetically lame?
No mate.

This thread is now HSV's

shitposting on a thread that no one on Veeky Forums actually gives a shit about

your all wrong. this is what Australians like

Nice

best car ITT