Tfw to intelligent too obey the speed limit

>tfw to intelligent too obey the speed limit

True dat.

>tfw ironically obeying the speed limit to RP as a pleb

Literally why have speed limits? Why make cars fast? The speed limits are so slow we may as well make people walk instead.

The old days: shit brakes, shit handling, cars could barely do 80
The less old days: fuel savings
The current days: Holdovers from old days

money for the local / state governments

This
>Local speedtrap writes so many tickets they have a system where if youre not ticketed again in 3 months it doesnt count against you

If they're not ticketed then nothing will count against them anyway, what's your point here?

it doesn't remove points from your license.
ie theyve found the perfect amount of time to keep revenue flowing without negatively affecting licensing or insurance rates.

Op is pic related

>tfw too smart to wear a seat belt

Oh I see, damn thats bad.. Talk about money making schemes

I prefer this to getting a $50/mo raise in my rates because I went 75 in a 60

>Insurance: But statistics show...
Statistics include jose and his poorly maintained 3k civic kept up with bottom of the barrel budget parts (even brakes!) who learned to drive from his dad x100 and brad chadley the 3rd in his well maintained 80k BMW who spent years attending professional driving and racing schools x1.

>The old days: shit brakes, shit handling, cars could barely do 80
The 30s? Even by the 50s nearly all American cars could comfortably cruise at highway speeds

That said they all still had shit handling and brakes for a long time after

I'm not disagreeing. I'd rather pay essentially a bribe every 3 months than deal with any actual repercussions

There's still
>un-boosted drum brakes only, unless you pay extra
even into the early 70s

Won't argue with that. Kinda funny how many tiny non American cars had discs but giant landyachts were stuck with the worst brakes.

I used to speed everywhere, and then came to realize it's stupid on the highway.
Bitch unless you're driving 200 miles, there's no difference between 70 and 85.
I speed In town and minimize going slow, but on my highway commute, I'm at 55-60 on cruise, and comfortable as heck.
Now, when I go 600 miles or so, I shoot for a high average. My highest was 82mph door to door for 120 miles. And the odd 75 at 600 miles or so. But at that point, I'm saving 30 minutes at least to two hours. So it's worth it.

For long trips I go at 60-65 just for the fuel savings

The difference is I'm having more fun m8.

Gotta go sanic and weave through traffic for max fun

Yeah, it's a tradeoff. Get there in 6.5 hours, or get there in 9 and spend half as much on gas.

I guess, for recreational driving, sure. But if you're doing that daily, on a commute to work, you're a dumbass. Statistically, it's just bad all around.

>speed limit is 55
>driving home today at 90 MPH
>some asshole decided to merge onto the lane off from the shoulder at 30 MPH
>almost hit the fucker

>Go 10mph under the speed limit to save milage.

>Dies in a rollover by ejection.

because short onramp + high speedlimit = accidents, traffic, and people slamming brakes any time a mini van has to get on the highway
also having semis going 60 and cars going 90 on the same road is just a bad idea

A full tank is twenty bucks

I make 30/hr. I make 45/hr with overtime. ONE HOUR OF OVERTIME IS ENOUGH TO BUY TWO WHOLE TANKS OF GAS.

IT IS NOT A SANE TRADEOFF FUCK YOUR FUEL EFFICIENCY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>muh limited reserves
KILL SOME MORE POLAR BEARS THEN THERE'S OIL IN THE ARCTIC MY FINITE LIFE IS NOT WORTH KEEPING SOME BEARS AROUND TO MAKE DOCUMENTARIES ABOUT
LIBERALS

>But if you're doing that daily, on a commute to work, you're a dumbass. Statistically, it's just bad all around.

>unlimited segments of the autobahn have lower death rates than less populous US highways
>introducing speed limits in montana caused deaths to go up

cruising around at the speed limit is way more comfy. speeding should be saved for special occasions.

No, I mean weaving through traffic

Well good for fucking you. When I go 120 in my truck, I get about 5mpg.

Being on the road more wears other shit out. Take the bus if you want to save money.

smokey nagata?

>DDing a utility vehicle

You brought this upon yourself

Lol, more people should break 100 every day in my opinion. It forces tou to focus and it minimizes driving time.

>trying to obey the speed limit late at night on the country backroads
the need to Go Fast is too strong lads

>>tfw to intelligent too obey the speed limit

If in on the interstate I'm setting the cruise control to 85-90. I've broken 100 plenty of times, but I like to keep my engine around 3k rpm, which I can't do past 90.

I always go 5-10mph faster than traffic because:

1. It keeps cars out of my blind spot because I am usually passing them, therefore I know where they are at; it keeps me aware of my surroundings

2. I can usually clear slower/Ohio drivers out the passing lane for other drivers

3. My car can comfortably cruise at 100+ mph and feel like 60, so 80mph is
>maximum comfyspeed
which keeps me relaxed

Aware and relaxed = safe

>the current days: cars are much better but as an inverse people are much stupider. also abundance of women driving.

this, I fucking hate when people are like "urrmuhgurd I can't afford gas muh car is so bad" but they're childless and drive a 3rd row suv or a v8 stage 1 turd gen

>80 mph is >maximum comfyspeed
This. 80 is the best balance. It's more than fast enough to enjoy yourself on the highway but not so fast that you run any real risk of crashing as a result of speed. 80mph is brotherhood.

>car has 60hp of diesel putting fury
>happiest around 55, so I only do like 57-58 on cruise in 55 zones

The 38mpg is worth all the upset soccermoms in minivans that pass me on a day to day basis. I just wish people would recognize slow when they see the badge and not expect me to zoom away from every stoplight.

You shouldn't be on the road if you can't keep up with traffic. It's creating dangerous situations when people have to constant pass you. This is why we don't drive tiny diesels in America.

I'm in America, friend. This car was sold here, entirely legally. There is no minimum horsepower required for driving on the roads.

That being said, I'm not stupid enough to go on the freeways.

>sets up a new record for horizontal leap from stance.

yeah. way to go pal.

Thank god I'm not the only one who does this. It's fun as fuck annoying normies and impatient ricers

>this

also lets not forget my version of ALOT of highway traffic is like 20 other cars at most because its montana on a fucking interstate

>repealing the 55mph national speed resulted in highway deaths going up by a third in America
>the UK has a third less highway deaths than Germany annually

>being this poor

I get fully erect when my shitty 4 speed auto, 2.2l four banger gets the opportunity to cruise at 1500rpm around 45mph.

45 motherfucking miles per gallon right there, and my tires are 5 years old.

If that's not hypermiling I don't know what is. But on the freeway I try to keep it between 60-70 unless I'm running late.

>tfw been driving for a decade and never been pulled over for anything

>every paramedic I know refuses to wear a seatbelt because they insist your odds of survival are much higher being ejected than inside the vehicle

I'd like to remain alive, thank you very much

>also having semis going 60 and cars going 90 on the same road is just a bad idea
Happens all the time on the Indiana tollway. Also, they are governed to 65ish by regulations.

This, my car in 5th gear going 80mph sits right at 3100 RPMs. That's literally perfect interstate speed with a great engine speed. If only I had a cruise control for those 300 mile trips...

3rded, in both my 2002 Monte Carlo and my dad's 99 Trans Am (most diverse cars that I've driven the most) this is prime speed. I imagine any other car with at least 200 hp will be just the same.

3100 rippems definitely isn't comfy. That's what I turn at around 90mph in my 4banger with a 4spd auto.

I've also got a poor cylinder, but with how little noise insulation and deadening material I have it doesn't fucking matter and the hum of the engine is fine. I just turn the radio higher and roll my driver window down a bit.

Full tank is over €65 so it is a different matter here.

>€65
I mean €85 fuck.

60 litres at 1.45€/litre

Aww boo hoo. Most pickup trucks have 90-130 liter tanks.

How many liters does it take to make a gallon, like 8?

>the faster i go the less time i spent on the road
>the less time i spend on the road the safer I am

how many of deaths on the german autobahns are stupid chink and poo tourists that shouldn't be anywhere near a car in the first place?

Ouch. Your guys' gas is outta this world expensive.

>how many of deaths on the german autobahns are stupid chink and poo tourists that shouldn't be anywhere near a car in the first place?

Very few. The majority of the time it's people being forced into a situation that they were driving too fast to stop in time for, such as a traffic jam or a person merging on at an otherwise acceptable speed that they can't move over for due to an approaching vehicle. There's a reason you're given increased liability if you exceed 130km/h on their roads. All the faggots who treat it like a racetrack tailgating and undertaking/shoulder passing aren't helping either

Also the latter group is almost exclusively white Germans and tourists, especially Polish guys.

Autobahn doesn't have any issues afaik

Meant to respond to this

whooops, meant to respond to

Those things happen there too. Ask any German.

My 60bhp car usually sits at 95 on the motorway

Git gud

I'm sure you'd like teenagers not knowing the car's and their capabilities going way way too fast causing accidents and fatalities on a daily basis because they wouldn't be breaking any laws

I remember being a 17 year old ricer too, user.

>tfw do a consistent 90+ on the Jersey Turnpike every time I visit my family in Maryland

A tank of gas is one and half days pay for me

I love Colorado interstate outside the major cities, you can cruise a lane over from the fast one and have people passing you, then look down at your speedo and see you're going 95