Does anyone remember them?

Does anyone remember them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ePjFAZKWKVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not after the Holodomor.

.i own 4 of their tractors

They built my M1 Carbine

Sure do, I only had to walk 10 meters to take this pic.

1940 Farmall H btw

I've got a 66 scout coverable with 4 spd. It's way further along than what's in the picture. I just painted truck bed liner in it tonight.

best lawnmower i ever owned

Jealous. I'd kill for a smaller Farmall Cub setup with a small turf deck... And a TD6 for pepping firebreaks.

They made pretty good rifles

Yes, this is what my old school district used. They've started to switch to Thomas C2s though.

oh yeah, my family's been running IH stuff since the 1930's
i've got 2 h's, a super m, a 350, a 450 that i just got running a few weeks ago, and a 560 diesel

I had a 74 Scout II on 33's. That fucker was unstoppable. (Until the radiator blew and I could not for the life of me find a replacement that cost less than the value of the truck. This was pre-Internet days in the early 90s, so yes, the task was daunting to say the least)

I remember liking the logo as a kid because I thought it resembled a tank firing a shell.

Psh! do I remember?

youtube.com/watch?v=ePjFAZKWKVo

The International Harvester dealership continued on without selling IH vehicles for decades. It sold odd vehicles and did service work, but clearly the dealership site was running down. Finally, this year, I see a for lease sign on the dilapidated massive building. The dealership items are still in its showroom, so it must be the owner is finally giving up trying to make a go at things.

The Dollar Tree store across the street from that dealership probably makes far more money than that old former IH dealership which occupies a whole city block with its buildings and parking lot space. It feels embarrassingly wrong that the Dollar Tree makes more money catering to homeless spending their welfare EBT debit cards. The old IH dealership is ending with a whimper.

jelly as fuck, want a IH Scout MK1 so bad. fold down windscreen and all please!

Nice

Cute!

I love school buses. Maybe someday when I had tons of land and money I will buy one on auction.

Mines the 800 so no fold down windshield. These things are near indestructible and the community is amazingly helpful.

This thread reminds me that I need to change the PTO out on my 77 IH cub cadet
>winter project

You mean Case IH?

Still around. Local farmer here has some of their stuff. Most go for superior New Holland, though.

Legendary machine

> used to work for an International dealership
Aside from the normal work involving semi's, buses, and service vehicles, we also had a small warehouse full of NOS parts for old IH and International trucks, scouts, travelalls, etc.
The Owner of the branch has a big collection of classics and antiques.

AFAIK the modern Case and New Holland both use Iveco Cursor engines anyway...

1969 1100D

Come buy it.

A damn fine manufacturer of them, too.
A '53 (I forget the exact model) pickup of theirs was almost my first car.

However I didn't have the cash and they wanted too much for it.