Ghost ride the whip

Do you remember when they tried to meme autotragic cool, a whole decade ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBPJTK1YBvs
youtube.com/watch?v=itRZ6GDL0Uw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot the links: youtube.com/watch?v=SBPJTK1YBvs

youtube.com/watch?v=itRZ6GDL0Uw

I'm sure this will make a cringy return when all those selfdriving Teslas become really mainstream

nigger fads that whites eat up
disgusting

Which is about every second fad.

Uh...you can idle in first with a stick moron

YEEEE SHORT BUS RIDER REPRESENT

not a burger, what does the short bus stand for?

Manuel cars stall with no gas applied and in first gear.
At least in Yurop and it's a safety setting.

Haha yurop shit.

My sanic puts along at 9mph in 1st

students with special needs take a separate bus and there are fewer of them so its a smaller bus

Why the fuck are they proud of this then? Lmao

Yes, exactly.

ironically?

The memes were real

only 1.0 litre 3cyls.

top lmao wut
urop ftw

Not any manual car I've ever driven, at least in burgerland. They'll all putt along at a couple mph in first gear. I've driven a good selection of manuél cars in my time as a oil change/tirefag.

Wut
None of the manuals I've driven do that and I'm in yurop

I can idle in third with my 1.4L turbodiesel stick. 30 kph.

What the fuck? No they don't. UK here and can idle cars in first and they don't stall

Dammit user, you know damn well they don't grasp the concept of literature vehicles like irony

Cobalt ls idles at 11

i dont see what you need that gas for, if anything it makes it harder to maneuver at low speeds as you need to use the clutch more

news at 11

Original guy you replied to here, in the bay area where that nig in the pic is from, niggers take pride in getting "stupid" and "retarded" by taking lots of drugs, so this guy sees himself as the king of the retards and proudly calls himself a short bus rider in his songs

>mfw europoor and can hill start in idle
>mfw can also coast slightly uphill in 5th while engine is idle
>mfw your'ea're just full of shit

Nigger I have 59hp, probably three torques and I can pull away from idle with just the clutch. It sits at about 5mph.

>At least in Yurop and it's a safety setting.
why do you tell lies on the internet?

I used to have the code idle solenoid hooked up to a switch in my dash, since it didn't work on its own anyway. I used to have fun in parking lots and stuff letting it idle along in first and making it go a little faster or a little slower by flipping the switch. A whopping 76HP.

Unless your car has like a shit ton of low end torque, which I doubt since you’re European, you shouldn’t really be idling in 5th up a hill.

It's probably a diesel. We've got plenty of them over here, they pushed the diesel meme hard about the decade ago and now they're regretting that fuckup hard.

What's regrettable about it? It seems reasonable for appliance cars. I've been to 3rd world countries where it's diesel everywhere and it stinks, but I don't know if that's a 3rd world thing that Europe has all sorts of regulations to prevent or not.

Dieselgate. Normies just found out that diesel pollutes massively more than petrol, and now there's talks about banning them in some major cities because they're so bad.

Diesels usually have very short 1st gears. Pretty much impossible to stall those.
Even VWs are umstallable despite not making any boost in 1st at all.

lel. Are they concerned about the particulate emissions? Outright ban rather than just forcing everybody to have to buy new cars with all sorts of newfangled exhast doohickies?

>american spotted

>Diesels usually have very short 1st gears.
lmao, what the fuck? that does not make sense at all.
diesel engines have a ton more low end torque than petrol ones, therefore they wouldn't need short 1st gear.

>Normies just found out that diesel pollutes massively more than petrol
And you're one of them.

Newsflash: NOW they found out petrol engines are really, reallllly ~SUPER BAD~ for the environment too and actually introduce particle filters for them too. Look it up. In some countries in Yurop you will soon have to pay a fuckton more in taxes if your petrol car does not have particle filters.
It's all part of making ICEs look worse and worse so people start looking into e-cars.

>particle filters
Weren't those a big meme a few years ago or ak I getting it mixed up? I swear there was a big stink about them a while back. Something about them being effectively useless because they didn't start working for about fifteen minutes after the car started and most journeys are short as hell.

Particlefilters were a big thing when they got introduced but they're standard for way over a decade now and everyone got used to them on diesels.

Now they push further and make particle filters for petrol engines mandatory too because OH SURPRISE, they JUST NOW found out that turbocharged engines with way higher burning temperatures cause bad bad, suuuper bad particles so petrol engines currently get the dieselgate treatment.

Idiotically those particles also cause massive exhaust blocking which does take away a considerable amount of power output, the shit regularly fills up so there's also more tech fuckery to make it TRY to burn clogging particles and if that does not work, it will throw a check engine light and you face $$$ in expenses for a new filter. On top of that you also get a tiny tank installed with some fluid that gets sprayed in and also has to be filled up when it's used up and that fluid is quite literally piss.

*those particlesfilters also cause

>turbocharged engines

I'm still curious as to how they convinced people that they're more environmentally friendly. Do they test them with specific instructions to never rev high enough for the turbo to kick in or something?

"Environmentally friendly" lost its actual meaning about 30 years ago.

Well, grams of CO2 per mile. You get the point. I don't know about America but over here in the UK that's the holy grail of whether a car is "environmentally friendly". Which is why I pay road tax and a BMW i8 doesn't.

>i have never driven a manual transmission vehicle: the post

That poor magic school bus

CO2 is a global idol for worship. That's key to the way the intended eventual world government to be able to control everything and exact taxes on basically anything and everything that happens.

England YES

extend that yes to whole yurop

It's because they were sucking hybrid dick and the i8 is a hybrid. That meme is over, so the new ones pay road tax.

Turbocharged engines are thermally efficient, not fuel efficient. They make better use of their power because the waste heat is recycled to spool the turbo. They are more environmentally conscious than say, a regular engine because they use less overall fuel for more power

Its for towing or carrying heavy loads.

Outside of Burgerland, diesel engines are really widespread among normal sedans and aren't exclusive to trucks

Hypothetically, the turbos could be run lean of peak instead of rich of peak and thereby be fuel efficient as well. I'm not sure if there's still a roadblock in modern technology for doing this, or whether the NOX emissions are problematic or what.

They used to run airplanes lean of peak when cruising for fuel efficiency during WWII, but of course the military doesn't give a fuck about emissions, and you had lots of cylinders and a big shaky loud airplane in the first place to deal with uneven combustion.

u wot m80 even my probe can idle in 5th gear at like 15mph on level roads

Truckerfag here

Those particulate filters are shit and at 200K require cleaning by an outside vendor. They cause more problems than the ones they fix and probably 90% of the downtime in our company can be attributed to emissions regulation equipment.

I've gotten lucky so far and had to do a couple of regens, the particulate filters are marginally practical for semis because the heat and pressure needed to clean them internally can only be generated with the hammer all the way down in full boost for extended time like semi trucks typically do.

Petrol engines aren't made for that so those filters will have to be cleaned manually and guarantee it will be another cash grab.

They run as lean as physically possible, usually, which leads to issues as the cars age and the injectors degrade. I know the 1.4 turbo Chrysler put in the Dart had some serious ringland failure issues on some units caused by people lugging a 1.4-liter engine in a 3000 lbs car while a little tiny turbo is trying to stuff 21 lbs of boost down the engine's throat.

How would running lean of peak vs. rich of peak make a difference when you're lugging an overstressed engine tho? I'm just thinking about fuel efficiency and impact on emissions.