ive bought this(pic related) shitbox recently
it was my first car buying experience
i fell for the honda reliability meme
i have mixed feelings about my purchase
some facts about it
>i got it for $1400
>it is completely spaypainted black
>it used to be a nice green that i actually find attractive
>i know this because the grille which was in the back seat when i bought it is still green
>someone tried to tint the windows at some point but they are chipped and peeling now and all the windows are a different level of tint. luckily they left the windshield alone
>all the problems seem to be mostly cosmetic and its been reliable transportation for a few weeks

I just bought a 2014 Jetta see 1.8t for 13k with 19k miles. It far exceeds my expectations, handles better than the 08 gli I had

one of the first things i did when i bought it was take it to my favorite driving ropads to see how it handles itself
unfortunately i found it handles much worse than the car its replacing
as it turns out AWD is not a meme
i could throw my subaru around corners like crazy and it would stick to the road even with the shot suspension and bald tires but this thing understeers like nobody's business
scared the hell out of a van when i drifted into the oncoming lane after failing to make a turn that i had no trouble with before
it is also much slower
it has the same horsepower as the subaru but is 200-300 pounds heavier and is fwd
but i cant really complain too much
i bought this car because it was cheap
it only needs to last until i have the money for something i really want
i was also expecting closer to civic mpgs but being such a heavy car with such an underpowered engine means it only gets like 22 mpg

noice
pics?
how much?
did you finance it?

>buying vag

It's dark now so I don't have pictures, I got a 5 year loan on it, it was 14,117 after taxes and fees. It's a fun little car so far

Got this meme machine 2 months ago
>got it for $0 (will explain)
>had 28k original miles on it when bought now at 33k
>yes it's the V6 fuck off about it
Anyways I traded in my slow as fuck slushbox Nissan Cube for it and got an even trade so I drove home with it for no money down and no financing needed
So far:
>I had a gent threaten to light my car on fire because I cornered and squeeked the tires in his neighborhood full of kids (there were no kids to be seen even close to the Fucking road)
>the rear end (axle) feels loose as in when I hit the gas it feels like it's jerking forward and lagging behind when I brake
>beat 2 Acura CL's and a Toyota celica GT
>mfw corners fairly well for pony car
I seriously don't get the lol can't turn meme but I digress
>plans for it?
Not really I guess do a dual exhaust and some bolt ons maybe. It's the V6 so I can't do much except make it look good and sound loud but i like it it's a daily driver with a punch
>inb4 shudda got the V8
find a V8 for the same deal I had and we'll talk faggot

i think the cant turn meme came from the kind of person who bought them new
they would get the v8
not be able to handle the power and spin out into a wall or crowd of people
there are tons of youtube vids of it happening

2003 Lexus GS430 (Toyota Aristo)
>146k miles
>5k USD (all expenses included)
>extremely clean interior
>immaculate engine bay, almost no rust which is rare for the Illinois hellhole
>bearing noise from front wheels
>new tires, new wheels (which i'm not crazy about but i'll live)
>resonator delete, decent "performance" mufflers (sounds p good)
>ABS & VSC lights on, negotiate price down 2k
turns out the front left speed sensor was loose in the knuckle and all it needed was a new attachment point. replacing front bearings this week. i don't really have anything planned for it other than to use it as a DD/long-distance car. my saturn is the eternally dependable winter beater.

im gonna bump my thread one more time before i go to sleep

thread relevant because it is about to be someone elses new acquisition
its time to say goodbye to my beloved subaru
it was good to me despite not being good to it
a man is coming tomorrow to take her away from me
i hope it will be a better home than i could provide
i couldnt have asked for a better first car
thank you for your service

Bought this 06 330i for 3k and spent 2k to fix it
Just need to fix the front headlight and it will be good as new :)

decent cop, friendo. clean title?

2010 6 speed 370z
22.5k aussie
80,xxx k's on the clock
so far so good, only downside are the shit rear tires the last owner put on cheap Chinese ones as the rears are 275 by 35 by 19 so expensive to put decent rubber on so was thinking bridgestone re003's once the front tread wears and get a 4 for the price of 3 deal. Still wont turn off traction control as it kicks in even in 3-4th gear cause said shit tires

Got this '75 Dodge Colt GT for 4500 SEK (~$550).
Gonna try getting it restored and have it as my summer car.

Ayyy my man! I recently purchased a 1999 GS300 with only 78k killometers on the clock in great condition for $7,300 AUD. I'm absolutely loving driving it as my daily, i think i'm probably just going to leave it stock and try to keep it as well maintained as i can.

My man if you plan on keeping this car for a long time invest in some really good shocks, sway bar links, and get a really nice set of wheels and tires. Maybe even throw on some bigger brakes. These are the best mods you can do to your car.

i love it as a daily, too. it's not burdened with all the unnecessary features of newer cars and it's still really comfy. i wish i didn't have throttle by wire, but i can't complain too much. kudos on your purchase, that's a killer deal.

thats a sweet find right there. they are actually rebadged mitsubishi galants.

You shouldnt have bought it if it was a V6. Have fun wishing for that V8 every second you spend in that vehicle

>2013 V6 Cuckstang Performance Package

Used to have an older GT and a station wagon but wanted to downsize to one car

I remember when these V6 stangs came out they got shilled here pretty hard for being the better value over cars like the FRS and Genesis.

Decided to give it a shot, was very impressed.
Just as fast as my old GT but got 30+ highway MPG
With the Performance Pack and Recaro seats it feels way sportier and less like a boat.

Happy so far, although less than a month and a half into ownership I get rearended by Stacey in her SUV

1998 CX EJ6
Turns out someone had stolen the exhaust entirely
I also found 7 razor blades in it while cleaning it out

I did the stitching after buying it, just started slinging pizzas with it

>rearended by Stacey
yet it's stacy that never gets ticketed, always gets off with a warning, never obeys road laws, and has the lower insurance rates

Thankyou man. Yeah it's great having all of the comfort with none of the bs to go horribly wrong (air/hydraulic suspension, complicated infotainment systems, etc). My only issue at the moment is i sometimes get a slight shake in the steering wheel around 100km/h.
Hope your wheel bearing change goes well dude.

CD5s are cool OP, here’s mine

Bought it for a hundred bucks. Needed new power steering pump, lines, and box. Total cost from purchase to road legal was less than five hundred. It says fuel injection on the side, but has a two barrel carburetor. Have fuel injection set up from an Explorer I intend to install. Thing is comfy as shit, but also super slow. Barely capable of 75 on the highway. But the 302 makes great low end torque. I bought another car a month after this, so I just kind of parked it in the desert somewhere. Unfortunately, nobody has stolen it.

>Parked out in the middle of the desert

Do not neglect the barge, for it will show up in your driveway in a few days, vengeful

I check on it every now and again. It still starts, last I checked. I will say this about it: The gauges are beautiful at night. Indiglow on Quartz. Sounds like crap, but is actually really nice to look at.

Any good websites to buy sketchy cheap car batteries off of? I always get my powersports batteries off the net but the site I use for that doesn't do car batteries.

Nabbed this go kart last month.
>78 Mazda 323 Hatch with what I'm assuming to a be an RX4 13B w/ bridgeporting.
>51 IDA Weber.
>Lowered w/ camber plates.
>S1/RX7 box w/ 4E clutch.
>Stock rear end.
>Fuckoff exhaust.
>Gold/chrome Simmons.

>Pre loved interior: cut dash and doors for sound system (missing), small tears in seats and headliner. Seat covers on front seats (no idea of their condition yet). Half of the windows don't roll down.

>Exterior: knicks in bumpers, complete unbroken jailbar, amateur custom paint job in the tight spaces.
>Hatch doesn't latch.

just bought this in August
>totaled my 99' 5spd CR-V
>decide i want something faster
>ponders on how iv'e always wanted a Del Sol
>watches RCR's video on the Del Sol
>falls in love with them and begins searching craigslist
>finds a decently clean 93 with 132k bone stock
>mild michigan rust but not to bad
>texts guy and gets more pics
>asks guy for engine pics but never responds
>meet up with guy
>pops hood
>prehistoric cone filter
>strut bar
>tells myself its fine because the current owner is a 40yr old man and this shit was done by a previous ricer
>Buys the fucking car
>justifies purchase because i drove 2 hours to see it and was getting depressed because i had no car.
>laughs at RCR for claiming del sols leak
>gets into car after mild rainstorm
>wet ass for the whole day

shit i found
burning unholy amounts of oil (Hopefully valve steam seals) (fixing tommorow)
it had an OEM clutch which was pretty much dead
radiator fins 404
original timing belt
2nd gear syncros are gone at any rev above 6k

threw some used function form coils on
got some rim and tire combo for cheap

its a decent autocross car and a pretty good daily

bought the car for $2,500, $700 in repairs, $700 in mods.

fucking sick dude, nice buy

Yeah I've gotten nothing but compliments from the boys at work, fucken can't wait to get it past the pits and through Northbridge close to midnight on a Friday night and to the beach on weekends.

Glad I got a rota over Datsun's I've looked at over the past year. They're still neat kars but don't have the street cred that tanga's do.

Yup, that's why I got it.

1986 Honda Prelude, bought a month ago.

>paid $2,500
>daily driven with 221k miles already on the odo
>rust around the rear wheel wells and roof
>interior is showroom-tier clean

Plans
>already replaced most belts
>replace tires soon
>patch rust
>find the last oil leak
>replace the rear speakers