Why doesn't Ford have a competitor to the Corvette?

Why doesn't Ford have a competitor to the Corvette?

There is no Z06 competitor but the GT350 competes with the Stingray

Simple, it’s Ford. They can’t even keep their windows working.

But how can you say this when the Corvette can't even compete ?

Thunderbird was in the beginning but alas low profits killed it and turned it into the bitch version of the mustang and after that it became old man fast aka slow but luxurious and now its truly dead

They used to. It was the Thunderbird. Unfortunately, while the Corvette stayed somewhat true to the original formula, the T-bird kept getting fatter until it was in a different class of car.

Because it knows Chebby is competing with GM

But there's not a competitor with the basic Grand Sport (that's the vanilla Corvette).

RIP Donnervogel

The GT350 is a tarted up Mustang GT much like the Camaro SS 2LE ZL1 LGBTQ is just a tarted up Camaro SS, and those compete with each other

rip indeed brother

savage

GT350R is comparable to the Grand Sport, though the Shelby is a lot more limited in production numbers

The Thunderbird was never a sports car. If anything the newest one, which was the worst received, is closest to being almost a sports car.

Closest you're gonna get sadly. i honestly don't feel like Ford really has any testicles to pull anything like that off and with how they are treating Nu-male GT i don't ever expect anything like that from them. GM and Chrysler have released very crazy concepts some of which could've been greenlit (ME 4-12/Copperhead). Ford i don't think they've even had a crack at any kind of RWD performance concept coupe besides the mustang or cars based on the Mustang platform.

>that diffuser
OBSCENE

>Ford i don't think they've even had a crack at any kind of RWD performance concept
in the last 20 years*i should say at least.

It's just sad. Besides the Mustang, Ford doesn't have shit in terms of performance besides the Taurus SHO (if you count that as performance). Fiesta ST is okay but also FWD and the Focus ST/RS but those are both just tarted up econoboxes.

Meanwhile GM has the Chevy SS, the Camaro, and the Corvette. Those are purpose built sports cars.

Come on, Ford. Let's see some great things again.

the corvette wasn't really in the 50's either

>Chrysler
What has Chrysler even done recently besides be at the forefront of every rental fleet? Was there an SRT Dart? Oh wait, the Dart was just the evolution of the Neon and it was also a complete shitheap.

Also at one point it was literally a gimped Mustang SVO

Could you not?

>What has Chrysler even done recently
The last gen Viper which was basically a lot closer to a corvette rival than anything from Ford in the last half century (guess you could count the 05-06 Ford GT)who has nothing between the stang and the "GT". Ford doesn't even want to answer with the ""GT"".

shill for gm somewhere else retards

Are you retarded or drunk? Either way, fuck off dude.

sperg more

The Viper was a close Corvette competitor, I'll agree. The problem is the Viper just didn't have the same recognition. Unfortunate.

The Ford GT is literally a supercar. It's not even in the same league as the Corvette or the Viper. All of them are practically built to order for the customer and it's a limited release.

this. pushrods are trash and inferior to ohc

>says the guy trying to start an argument while posting and bitchy loser
How fitting, lmfao

Don't respond to the shitter. It's been literal years of him doing this autistic shit at the mere mention of a general motors vehicle. How the fuck do people not recognize Alphonse by now, even without a name of any kind being used?

UNATCO?

>i tell him to sperg more
>he actually does
nice. keep sperging retard
Sperg more

I know it's him, I just don't really care. The dude is literally autistic to be the only guy keeping a joke going this long with nobody laughing but himself.

nice projection

It's not a joke even. He just wants to shit up the board. Stop feeding him. The more replies he gets, the more his little aids-soaked chode gets bloodflow and then he makes dozens of shit threads in an hour when he reaches full mast of 0.000001". The absolute best thing to do is not even reply to mock him.

Because the vast majority of sales comes from cars people can actually afford, usually in the 40k or below price range. Vehicles that have high ratings in reliability, safety, and economy are the best selling cars of modern America. Financially speaking, Ford's r&d is best placed in a platform that can compete with Toyota and Honda in terms of reliability, safety, mileage and price.

I'd instantly buy American if there was real competition to the small - midsized range that was the same price as a Toyota or Honda. I'd go Buick if it were a bit cheaper for what they offer.

Why doesn't Chevrolet have a competitor to the Focus ST/RS?

lel they're mad now.

they can't handle my superiority so they started projecting

That's an excellent counterpoint. The Chevy Spark doesn't have an "SS" model and the Cruze Hatch doesn't have a "ZL1" model. Or whatever Chevy would call it.

gm is trash
gm btfo

>I'd instantly buy American if there was real competition to the small - midsized range that was the same price as a Toyota or Honda.
Like what, to the Corolla and Camry or the Civic and Accord?

Both, the corolla & civic and camry & accord are within 1-2 grand of each other and serve the same purposes.

>The Ford GT is literally a supercar. It's not even in the same league as the Corvette or the Viper.
I agree, that's why i want something above that and below the stang. Mayzda is fixing to release the RX9 (which will be their flagship sports car) and Toyota even though its just a re-skin of a BMW with their engine in it its still better than nothing. sports car flagship market starting to grow again. Id be extremely grateful if Ford cooperated with another brand like Toyota so supply them with a light nimble mass-produce'able chassis to plop their V8s in.

Every time I see a pic of her I'm reminded we're stuck with a low iq twitter troll instead of one of the most intelligent women of our time.

Perhaps that's because the Corolla is still using the decades old 1.8l with drum rear brakes and a carbon copy interior. Don't get me wrong, Corollas are great econoboxes, but there's just nothing there that's new besides looks and its price point. I don't know much about the Civic, perhaps that is different.

The Cruze is cheaper than the Corolla too, IIRC. The Corolla is 18k while the Cruze is 16k. The Malibu is 22k while the Camry is 24k. It sounds cheaper to me.

I'm not trying to tell you that you're wrong, I'm just drinking and trying to gather enough puzzle pieces to make a picture here. You know?

That's all Ford needs, man. Something like a Miata or a GT86. Small, light, RWD, sports coupe. Like you said the GT is way beyond the Corvette or the Mustang and the Mustang GT is way below a Corvette, but below the Mustang there's nothing that's a true blue sports car.

It's called the ecoboost.

Shelby's differ. The next GT500 will demolish any Vette, while the current 350/R competes more with the 1LE.

In all honesty, Dodge takes their giant motors, slaps giant superchargers on them, and it's "revolutionary". Nah faggot, anyone can drop a supercharger on a big motor and make power, just it comes from factory.

The Camaro is a piece of shit. The current gen is 2 years newer than pre-facelift Mustang. I will admit the 1LE performs well though on the track.

The Vette is overpriced and tanks in value, and desu no one besides GM fags give a flying fuck about it. People I've met of all walks in the car community have never said anything good about it besides people who like Chevy/Vettes.

The Mustang is a great all around car, which is why Ford doesn't release anything else. Think about it. It's the longest continuing running pony/muscle car to date, never going out of production, never changing its 2 door RWD style.

You get the base cars (V6/Ecoboost) for people who want to appreciate a RWD/Sports car without getting into too much power. Even if you hate it, it's good for most. Then you get the GT. Raw V8 power out of an amazing engine currently. The 5.0 is wonderful. The shelby's bring something new to the table. GT350 has been reviewed as the best and most fun track car today, even if the 1LE currently does better. Last gen GT500 has over 660HP and the next one even more.

Why mess with a formula that works, and has never died.

Ford is an innovator, and always will be in the American market, and thanks to them, we have many other amazing cars from all over the world that at one time had to compete with the Mustang, improving their formulas as well.

Ecoboost? Isn't that the San Francisco Mustang?

Yes, but the Miata is also gay as shit in that aspect. Just cause it handles well since its small doesn't make it any less gay.

make the thunderbird great again

Literally the gt. Same chassis design and everything.

GTR spanks Corvette

Unfortunately neither the Malibu nor the Cruze (nor the Impala if you want to throw it in there) are known for unrelenting drivetrain reliability. Though, I will give Chevy credit on the Malibu and Cruze, they are doing much better in recent years than in the past.

The focus and fusion are bottom tier, which is what I think Ford should be working on. The Taurus isn't terrible, but nothing has been competitive as a highly reliable workhorse since the Panther platform, which is why I think Ford needs to concentrate on creating highly reliable drivetrains more than anything else.

No... savage.

>take XR8
>give it more power
>sell it in the US
why is Ford of the USA so retarded.

No it doesn’t retard

>Utes
>America
If it ain't a pick up it ain't shit

>Chebby Corvette: $66,000
>Ferd GT: $450,000
That's not even close to the same competing price level

>which is why I think Ford needs to concentrate on creating highly reliable drivetrains more than anything else.
(Hours later after sleeping) I was just about to point out that while the Cruze and Malibu aren't known for reliable drivetrains, Ford is in deep shit right now for the PowerShift.

Lol she's just a lying piece of shit who should probably actually be in jail. You had no good candidates, no way to win. I hope Trump burns your shithole country to ashes.

>ute
>not the sedan

>no good candidates
B-but feel the Bern! Just kidding, Trump won't burn our country to ashes hopefully he stirs up so much shit that our parties actually decide to start working for the people of the United States again. But they won't. They're all a bunch of liars pretending to be different from each other just to stay in power.

>mustang ecoboost
>over 3500 lbs

>mazda miata
>under 2400 lbs

yea they aren't remotely the same class. 3500lbs is not light weight

Ah. That would compete with its Fusion and/or Taurus, is my guess. Ford would have a tough time trying to differentiate it from those for the typical American consumer who doesn't really give a shit about anything but style and comfort.