>3.0: the Fall of Oriath
pathofexile.com/oriath
>Offline Build Planner
github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases/
>Helpful links
pastebin.com/8R2HQiuu (embed)
>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Will they ever fix the 80-100 grind so normies can reeeeeeeeeeeach eeeeeet?

You mean the 91-100 grind. Up to that (even 92 desu) is just fine. And no, i've never reached 100 and don't want them to water it down.

Reminder that piety is a canon slut

what's a good ssf scion build for the mayhem race

>confusedanimegirl.jpg

?

I hope not, I like having something to work toward.
Orb of Storms totems

>in the malachi fight she screams "FILL MEEE" instead before you pummel her twice and she finally gets imailed on malachais egregious pork sword

>people think the atlas is balanced

>if you're not doing strands youre literally getting 1/4 the xp per hour. "hurr teh fuckin durr im playin 4 funz"

at this point you might as well remove every other bad layout from the game because you're promoting only running the good ones

unless its your first time running a map there is no reason what so ever to be running the bad layouts, the difference in experience along with ease significantly outweighs any autistic fun someone may be having

still no hope that they balance this game

Don't complete bad layouts, you don't have to do shaped strand all day every day as long as you aren't doing total garbage instead.

>People keep farming shaped strands
>meanwhile i keep farming steel rings/crystal belts and selling them for a huge price since people are idiots and follow what the streamers do
My first crystal belt this league + an essence of spite (and a bit of luck) was enough to get me enough currency to make my shaper farmer.

This, shaped strand isn't even the best xp/hour map. There is one better I know of and I'm sure xxmlgproxxx poe players have others.

i mean i play and level as high as i can every league but its really stale to run the same map over and over again

why this is such a big problem is because the difference in xp gained is so significant you cannot justify just not running the good layouts. i was hoping theyd change the completion bonus to something different thats more beneficial other than an extra 20% chance for a higher tier map when you already dont have tier 12's unlocked and only one tier 11(strand) so its completely pointless

What is the best Steel Ring map?

>not having only a few maps unlocked in their respective tiers, such as SStrand and SAtoll so they're the only map in their tier
Why do you people act like you can only invest into one map?

And yes, the sextants are insanely broken.

At least shaped strand can't drop any of the expensive bases afaik so that's something. Although people are against being forced to do things in specific ways, i personally would enjoy if GGG implemented some kind of exp/quantity penalty when you keep farming the same zone/map over and over desu.

>Punish people for doing things that they like and I don't
Kill yourself

>Shaping Atoll
I hate that boss and won't ever shape it.

If you can run it even with lots of mods Abyss, although for some reason i drop them more often in Volcano.

>Punish people for doing things that they like and I don't
Yes?
>Not being a fascist

>chance to bleed for base phys
>doomfletch's prism for multiplier
>ascendant elementalist for reflect immunity w/ sybil's and primeval force
>ascendant assassin for dem crits

Should be cool.

And since you can get reflect immunity like that, you could go CI ele wander or some shit.

Super easy and such a good map for its tier.

Only risk is the delayed AoE if it has loads of dmg mods on it.

>Atoll
>Not Shore

Yeah, i wasn't saying it's hard or anything, it's one of the best maps to shape. I just have an irrational hatred for totems (of any kind). At least there are lots of good T8 to shape so i don't think i miss much.

Shore's also all right. Both are good.

Sure, but turn your anger into killing them. They don't move so, easy to predict.

>Sure, but turn your anger into killing them.
I might as well do it in 3.0, i like shaping different maps each league after all.

how to recognize redditshits: they absolutely love talking about "balance" as if they understood what that meant

actually

this

is

how you spot redditshits

there is no such thing as balance in a single player game

yes but that won't deter me

but I got called that once due to the spacing but it was actually due to my bad eyesight making it easier to read for me

This, I wouldn't have a problem with if it wasn't for everyone jumping on you saying r*****. It's my default spacing because that's how I have spaced paragraphs since I did my first report way back at age 12 or even before that.

>tfw mom will be meta next league
>I'm a single father

Hey /poeg/ , I'm going to play poe again since the new acts and all and I've played with the skills and made a Iron Reflexes+Unwavering Stance+Blood Magic; Melee/crit/leech/resist all/3 Max Endurance/ Duelist(slayer) and i was wondering which skills will be good for this build?Also the quests will probably be the point one and the endurance charge one.

i really don't understand why people love shaped strand, and gorge before that, it's ok if you run a build like vfb or vspark but strand just isn't a good map and the implicit monsters of that tile set are some of the worst.

3.0 isnt out yet

>reddit thinks GGG is censoring the game for xbox now because lunaris and solaris aren't nude
>the community edits the official pantheon art
>the thread gets locked because they can't stop jerking each other off

doesn't hurt to level till it gets out? Are they going to change the talents?

>censoring the game
Vagina statues, nevah5get.

?
obviously there will be new temp leagues that you will need to make new char for

And you'll be playing an old version which will have a certain amount of changes

Lunaris is stacked compared to Solaris

i forgot

she was robbed by the edit.

>There will be many adjustments to gems in relation to Damage over Time balance. The Decay Support Gem will do significantly less damage, 50% less damage at gem level 20, and its duration will be reduced to 8 seconds.

>We're almost happy with the potential levels of ignite and poison damage available

These two points say to me that they don't want any kind of DoT builds to be possible at all.

>decay is capable of clearing T3 maps
>nerf
>DoTs in general struggle to do any bosses
>nerf
>perfect agony was an alright node
>nerfed into oblivion

Its not okay for DoTs to reach numbers like 200K but those ele attack builds pushing past 1m are fine.

More like they just spread sheet some bullshit about 6 linked DPS with optimal items and softcore levels of ehp

Then they think dots should do less DPS than normal skills

Hey guys, Chris here from Grinding Gear Games. Through extensive research we've found players that use damage over time skills enjoy slower paced gameplay and a more relaxed experience. To better fit their needs we're reducing the possible dps of damage over time build to better fit a relaxed experience and are targeting average map clear times of just under an hour per map for an average tier seven map.

>Nerfing ailments even more
>Destroy Perfect Agony
>Decay cut in half
>Brutality worthless

>Nothing about ES
>Nothing about Pantheon
>Nothing about Chance to Bleed, the best new support gem by far

The only reason they haven't nerfed chance to bleed is that no one can get a Prism in beta since the prophecies aren't working right. Once that's fixed and someone uses the gem with that weapon it'd get the decay treatment.

DA tier. I'll still fap to it anyway.

why the fuck would they nerf decay when its worse than just adding another "more" damage gem

Who here /hyped/ for early late August release date?

It made bad skills viable to level and complete early maps with.

Honestly, that just means I can play the start of Diablo's season 11 on July 20th and get bored of it completely before 3.0 launches. It's not actually that bad for me unless it interfers with TI.

This is literally what I was planning on using it for too.
Yeah I can't wait for that late August early September release. 3.0 is going to be the best game released in October.

Helmann was playing around with a whispering ice, decay cast while channeling and something else. Seems alright, tempted to do a WI build for 3.0

I'm hoping there will be some new active skill gems, but if there aren't I'm going to try and snake some good ES from people that think it's trash now. Maybe both if it's a good new spell.

>The Fall of Oriath Release Window [...] looks like it may be up to a few weeks longer. Whether this means late July or early August is too early to predict at this stage. We'll keep you updated in subsequent posts.

THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING AND THEY WONT HAVE ANYTHING 2 MONTHS FROM NOW ITS ALL A SCAM WHEN WILL YOU OPEN YOUR EYES

They already said there would be new active skills in 3.0 but they would not be in the beta.

So good luck building around them.

I have been saying this for months, y'all delusional cunts said I was crazy to think this beta will be as bad if not worse than the last one. Day 1 of this beta there was set backs (micotransactions) and it's still not fixed. Act 8 was supposed to be out by now and it won't be for another week or two.

any shitb*rds here? i'm gonna beat you're ass

>looks like it may be up to a few weeks longer. Whether this means late July or early August is too early to predict at this stage.
i.e. "not enough people bought into our beta scum this time so we're going to keep it a little longer so more impatient suckers pay up" .

I think the timing of E3 really fucked them over with not having their lead programmer on hand for the MTX issues.

>Hey, remember how we said we're buffing the hell out of Burn, Bleed, and Poison to compensate for the fact we're deleting literally the only source of all their damage?
>Well, we didn't give Bleed piss
>We gave Burn a little bit
>And Viper Strike's Jewel got a huge buff

>We're still not giving Bleed anything good
>We're also making Burn even shittier
>We're also making the Viper Strike Jewel shittier

>Side note: We're also making Brutality shittier by making it so you can't use it with Poison of any kind
Wonderful Beta notes.

lol it's not a scam, it's just a huge fucking mess. i was under the assumption that 3.0 was being worked on and planned for a long time. atlas and 3.0 really seem to go hand in hand, all of the 'new' tile sets in 3.0 are from atlas, so it seemed like what they did with the lab give us a chunk of the content and then give the last bit in a few months. all that being said it really seems like they jumped the gun on the beta, i would love for someone with the alpha to break their nda and let us know what was/is in the alpha.

You forgot:
>The above changes are planned because the supports and keystones were mandatory to produce worthwhile damage values for Damage Over Time builds, and we'd prefer to keep the bonuses more consistent with other support gems to provide more flexible support choices in builds wherever possible.
>People used these Supports and keystones exclusively so we made them shittier instead of making shitty Supports and skills more worthwhile

>all of the 'new' tile sets in 3.0 are from atlas
They just removed the worst maps from the pool (like Vaal City) since no one was using them aside from completing them once for the bonus.

This is truly a what the fuck moment for me.
>remove the only source of damage for ailments
>introduce gems to make up for it
>nerf the gems because all the ailment builds used them now
Why the fuck are they expecting some random percentage of the ailment builds to not use the ailment gems?

It's probably because they have such a large volume of people doing Ailment-focused builds and feel there are too many people using the same shit Read: All the new shit that they wanna try and thus want to make it in-line with all the boring old builds that only a smidge of their Beta users are so much as touching.

This seems like GGG logic.

I think this is the issue. From the sounds of it when they announced the beta they were sure it would go smoothly. Murphy's law kicked in and here we are a couple of weeks later and not a thing is solved.
The >money grabbing memers are partially right because they are selling the beta but the delays are in no way intentional to rake in the cash like they think.

>Introduce a shitload of new gems to test and shit
>People flock to them cause shiny new stuff and want to try them
>GGG thinks this is a cause for nerf
Every time i say they can't get any more incompetent and every time they manage to surprise me.

>memers
They are probably mostly, not 100%, right in my opinion.
>Chris "These are our best Supporter Packs yet" Wilson

Apart from 2 and 4 they look decent enough, but I can't really fault him for saying they're the best ever. It's just PR speak.

The most ridiculous one to me is Brutality, honestly.
>People aren't really using the Support outside of a few test setups until they see it's doing less overall clearing than if they used Elemental bonuses
>So GGG raises the max multiplier on it by like 20 or 30%, I don't know current value
>But also make it so you do 0 Chaos Damage too :^)
Do they just like knee-jerking and stabbing said knees into knives taped tip-down to the bottom of their desks?

>20 or 30%
It does 54% at level 20 now. They gave it a 5% bonus (nothing when rolled directly into an already decently-sized More mod) at the cost of Poison (technically FREE damage with Voidheart that still does a decent bonus on any Melee build)

So they turned Brutality from a good swap for Ele Reflect maps to useless in an upcoming patch.

Eh, i kinda like Arakaali's one. I remember when people were saying how PoE was more gritty and not all WoW-like like Diablo 3 and now we get these. The Kitava one even has the pauldrons to fir in WoW desu

The left 3 are total trash.
Far right is alright.
Right isn't bad.

Can't you still poison with the gem or Snakebites?

They all look like garbage, and probably are garbage, except for that simple witchhunter outfit. That one looks nice.

2 is the worst, 3 would be great with some minor tweaks. They aren't as bad as the anti ggg circle jerk says. I don't mind 4 at all. That being said I wouldn't buy any of them but maybe the cheapest. I got into the beta through racing so the biggest draw for them is gone in my eyes.

It's not in yet.
And you wouldn't be able to Poison at all with any skill supported by Brutality when they do roll it out.

I'm probably wrong but from their post i don't see how you won't poison, all it says is you'll be dealing phys damage only.

Is poison phys damage?

Poison is 100% Chaos that scales off your Phys and Chaos damage.

> Only physical and chaos damage are able to inflict poison.
>The base damage per second dealt by a given application of poison equals 8% of the combined physical and chaos damage dealt by the hit which applied that particular instance of poison.
So either wiki lied to me or i need to go to sleep, either way sorry anons.

It's poorly worded, yes. The damage is 8% of the values of phys and chaos from the hit, but it's applied as pure Chaos.

Ah, for some reason i thought that you'd be able to poison with your phys damage the mobs and after that, since it be the DoT doing the damage and not you directly , Brutality's penalty wouldn't count. I'm just retarded and was just wasting your time it seems.

>Diablo 3 necromancer is a paid class 15$

Why

At least you can still bleed with Brutality.

Because they don't sell MTX.

D3 has gone so long without content that the Necro should be free, it makes up for that year or two where theyve just be shitting out seasons with next to no changes.

Because Blizzard higher-ups told the D3 team a few months ago "Hey, make us more money."
And thus they planned a new class to be added.
>Can have an absolute maximum of like 15 Skeletons including Melee (permanent) and Mage (like 8/10 second duration)
What were they fucking thinking.

Eh, $15 is fine. It's not like the $50 I paid 5 years ago is still funding development on the game.

>primals
>Not content equal to 3 expansions

Anything more than $0 is a slap in the face after they were regularly releasing updates and then just completely fucked stopped for no reason around season 3-4.

>he fell for the 3.0 beta because he wasn't here for the awakening mess

poe is a game about knowledge indeed

But the game is not free... It was 60$ launch price plus 40$ for reaper of souls. Also had costly AH fees early on.
100$ is not enough to get some content updates without charging for them?

PoE is 100% free with all content available only cosmetic and storage cost anything.
Remember when blizzard used to release content patches and expansions added as much content to the game as the original game had?? I do but it has been 10 or 15 years since then.
DLCs ruined gaming it splits the player base and thus people quit playing because some of their friends might not have X content patch.

""""Early July""""

Fuck this game. I'm very unhappy of how jewish and incompetent GGG has become.

I'm moving on to play Grim Dumpster instead.

>I'm moving on to play Grim Dumpster instead.
For a week maybe.