Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #882
tickle tickle edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.xml
AAUnlimited: github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
Manual Installation (For masochists, not recommended): pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Cards [Database]:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
Recommended Mods Guide: pastebin.com/JNi75PCi
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!A2pjET7L!SKcu40kCEm-PZekUkj7z_w
mega.nz/#F!gtRzxB6B!djoV1OnJfY6oIOtLQmz6oQ
mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog
newfuture.ma.cx/AA2/manual_200617.xhtml
hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/5699235-illusion-games-problems-with-windows-10-anniversary-update,
mega.nz/#!DAZylLYA!wcOzp3XdMz80qBzktad0KztU4ZEaValpPV_ui5qguwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw don't want to abandon Joyful but Obscene and Rough are both perfect for waifu
This is really a trying time.

I have to update hundreds of cards to account for the removal of Thicker Thighs and Ass. I haven't even finished snowflaking my Maker May cards yet.

Is it better to leave aau cards with thicker thighs and ass in the card's data or just mold them manually?

Body sliders for sure. If you use a variant body as an override it prevents the card from ever using props in the poser. Might not sound like a big deal now, but as props get bigger that's going to become a more obvious annoyance.

The TT&A mod includes the numbers for the sliders, too, even though they're called different things, so you can always get back your old sizes.

Gonna update some cards then
maybe that's why they crash for others

>card I made featured in the OP image
Never before had I known this joy

I hate this guy

Which one did u make?

What does Sitagi stand for? Is it just bra and panties?

it means underwear

I put the shit in shitagi

user your're supposed to stop soiling yourself after grade school.

you arent supposed to soil yourself in grade school either lmao. Anything you would like to share with the thread bud?

I can share that I've never soiled myself but that wouldn't be very interesting in relation to the topic at hand.

Who says it is my underwear that I'm soiling?

this thread is off to a great start

.the void
Where can I get that card>?

Is there a list of all updated tans?

>Come back for the first time in a long time wanting to play
>Set aside a night to for the strenuous amount of setup
>There's now a one and done pack

You guys are alright

Whose mega is it?

post 2b or a2 cards

mega.nz/#F!A2pjET7L!SKcu40kCEm-PZekUkj7z_w

thank you

your cards look pretty good too bad you make them look terrible when you take screenshots of them with blur on

So far every girl that has been posted has been total dogshit.

I'm very disappointed in all of you

thanks duck

Alright, already having an error, windows 10, I've changed system locale and region format to japanese.

I downloaded the pre-installed game from the op, unzipped, did the few things from the manual like installing the two vc_redists, replacing the d3d9.dll's for the windows 10 versions and downloaded the recommended alternative translation for windows 10 as well as updating the translations.txt from the homepage. Now I'm trying to launch the maker, using AA2TranslationLoader.exe, AA2Edit.exe, or RunAA2Edit.bat but they all start to mess up as soon as I click to create a new character.

What am I missing?

No, thank you!

And thank you too even though I disagree with your opinion.

Mine.
mega.nz/#F!gtRzxB6B!djoV1OnJfY6oIOtLQmz6oQ
You should use her tan to make one of your own. user made 2B and A2 long haired version, and now you could make a short haired version of A2.

>even though they're called different things
Do you know which is which? Thighs is obvious but KosiAss and Spin(Upperbody) aren't.

Kosi is hips. Spin is spine.

Looks like "some important files." Post a screenshot of your maker data folder, in list format, so we can see what pp files you've got. visible file sizes are a bonus.

It sucks that nobody else joined the picture. But thanks to the ones that did. It was great.

I've only posted a single girl in the three years I've been here (posted her after being here for two years). Didn't get a single comment. Never again.

It's the default unzip with the dll's from mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog as outlined in the guide for windows 10

There's a different value given for hips.

So whenever I run Reiedit now on a specific save it freezes and keeps consuming more and more RAM on my pc until I shut down it's process. I heard someone said it could be that I have too many "_m" type cards, but I removed those from the save and nothing changed.

That's not the data folder's contents, try again.
There's more than one "Kosi" bone, but the word means "waist." You'll have to figure that one out by either trial and error or looking at the xx file and finding the difference.

Whoops, this one is completely vanilla then

It was a dead project from the start.
The first guys ruined it by putting their girls right in the center of the gym when they could've been closer to the stage so that it would be easier to put in more girls.

I don't think that was the problem. There where plenty of room everywhere.

you wouldnt have added anything to it no matter what happened dont even pretend to act like you were the victim of a great injustice

Sounds like you need to stop ReiEditing that class. Post a screenshot of who is/was in it.
Wait, did you ever run the registry fixer in AA2Install?

>desktop

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that. I followed the steps on newfuture.ma.cx/AA2/manual_200617.xhtml until it mentioned being safe to launch things as a test
It said don't put it into program files, is desktop not compatible either?

Desktop's a no-no.

C:\illusion\aa2\ is ideal. the desktop has permission issues.

I think it has to do with this part
On Windows 10 OS which is version 1607 (AKA Anniversary Edition) or higher, it is necessary to add d3d9.dll files found here into both the Maker and Play directories, overwriting the existing one in the maker directory. This will break maker translation, so a different method of translation is required for maker.
Failure to do this will result in your game running at extremely low frame rate.
of the manual, as I can run it without the patch with no graphical errors but extreme frame rate problems

Yeah, with some testing, upon replacing the original d3d9.dll and adding the d3d9_alt.dll from mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog it does completely eliminate the stuttering, but it also introduces the graphical corruption, not really sure what to do about that. Again, this is all from newfuture.ma.cx/AA2/manual_200617.xhtml in the blurb about windows 10

Try without adding the alt one? Try adding alt but not the replacement one? Experiment!

Tried already, modified one without alt doesn't launch, and original with alt doesn't read the alt. I believe the modified one redirects to alt, so without both of them they don't do anything

You also have the option of trying the /play dll in the maker, and then using the translated loader for translation if that runs.

No luck. I think this modified d3d9.dll is just from an older version of the game or something. I'm looking for a more recent one currently, or somebody that has the game working on windows 10 to share theirs

the last time the game was updated was like 2014

I use the one in op and it works for me.

For future notice, I downloaded the dll from hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/5699235-illusion-games-problems-with-windows-10-anniversary-update, this one specifically mega.nz/#!DAZylLYA!wcOzp3XdMz80qBzktad0KztU4ZEaValpPV_ui5qguwg and put it in both my maker and play folders and now it works fine. Have to use the external translation like the guide mentions but other than that it's golden. Thanks for helping me out and I hope you can spread this message to other people that have this problem/to that website guide
Could you upload your d3d9.dll and d3d9_alt.dll for both maker and play? I believe it's the one with subs and would prefer to have that than the one I have now

Do you use a locale emulator or did you change your region in format using pic related? If you're using a locale emulator, which one and you're on windows 10, right?

Care to share that tan?

I can't share it any more than I did in that post.

Attention is overrated desu

Next thing you know you can't post your favorite girl/waifu anymore because doing so runs the risk of starting a massive shit storm.

Mediocrity is excruciating, personally.

Where were you two years ago

Post a better girl then.

Ignore the retards long enough and they get bored eventually.

I absolutely love getting (you)s for posting my finished cards
unironically a fair bit of my motivation

i wish that's happens when i post

>Next thing you know you can't post your favorite girl/waifu anymore because doing so runs the risk of starting a massive shit storm.

This only ever happens to the Never Ever posters. Literally the majority of the drama spawns from them.

maybe we should ban the waifu fags from posting, save us some trouble

Did somebody say never ever?

meh

This image is almost 3 years old, people have long since stopped caring about that meme sweater.

not even hard to make

>he said without making it

yeah right here

Any other solutions before I give it up?

if it works graphically without the dlls but lags, try past solutions to that. hongfire has older dll fixes which might preserve your graphics.
Worry about translations after you get that part solved.

I found a work around I outlined in but if possible I'd like to use the alt.dll that includes that translation hook, and I'm basically just curious why it worked for but not for me at this point. Especially since it's in the manual, so assumedly works for most people

You don't need the translation hook if you use the TL loader. The only thing you lose from doing that is preview images of eye textures, which you can just preview in another window instead of the one opened by the maker.

I also lose the subtitles for the Minna~ events I believe, assuming I'm understanding this correctly, I haven't played aa2 since release. But again, at this point I'm purely curious as to why it doesn't work on my machine (tm)

That's not the maker. One thing at a time.

Then I'm totally fine with the maker, using the old HF dll and a translation loader. But the dll and alt_dll from the op cause a similar issue with player.
This is the second page of options, not frozen, and first page shows just fine. Sorry, I forget I had yet to mention this part

This is all that shows up if I select new game. This is the Play (Subtitles, Windowed mode) dlls.
Same issues with the non subtitle version, and on top of that the title screen only has the buttons and no background image

Your game is not loading files. the dll should not be doing this on its own, so it's some weird combo of that with your admin settings or that with your locale settings.

aa3 when

nekonevers when?!

What do you mean? My locale and region format are both set to japan. My account is the only account on this computer so it's administrator. I'm not running as admin or anything. Also, if I use the hongfire dll again, the player works fine. Or the one from the unzip works but assumedly causes lag once you get in game. This problem is only with the dlls from the op for the windows 10 fix

when you stop asking
we here at illusion cannot properly hype the game up for better sales with your lukewarm posting

This is AA3

What are you doing. At this point I would say try a different computer.

I can't exactly pull another computer out of my ass this late in the night. I'm trying to get the windows 10 no lag dlls from the op to work with the per-installed game from the op. Following the manual on that site doesn't work for me for some reason

aa2 when

Never. It's vaporware.

This is AA2

But the ones in the OP work for most other people. The problem is in your computer in some fashion or another. If you only lose subtitles it's not big deal - just learn by ear. You'll flounder a bit at first but you'll get the hang of it.

unblock the dlls?

This is what it looks like if I try to make a female using AA2Edit.exe with the dlls from the maker folder in the op. The game isn't lagging on windows 10, so they are working, but they cause the graphical glitch that isn't present otherwise

I mean I played them by ear when the game first came out, so I'm not concerned about that, just want to figure out the solution.
I came across that a couple of times, but that doesn't seem to be the issue, since they do still cause the translation and lag fix. But if you could explain how to unblock them I'd be happy to give it a try