Choke plunger is stuck inside carburetur

How to remove? The rubber o-ring may be swollen, so I need a chemical that dissolves rubber.

choke plunger looks like this.

put some boca bola in it

Anyone?

Submerge it in ATF or some faggot "penetrant." Then block off other end and use compressed air to force it up.

Are you me? I've been going through this since 2 days ago. I got a new choke cable and plunger rebuild kit in but plunger won't come out. Soaked it in penetrating oil for 2 days, nothing. Drilled the center and tried an easyout, nothing, won't even spin in the bore. About to buy another trx350 carb or just not use the choke. Sucks after buying those parts :(

ha, i bought this carb on EBay from a guy in Placerville, CA. He never needed to use choke in that warm weather

okay thanks

Who the fucc summoned me

I vanquish ye, australian demon. Begone back to your land of limited internet and venomous insects!

Oh, I stripped the plastic threads off the cover, pushed it in where I thought it was closed, and it seized up because of my own stupid ass over the summer. Getting it ready for an atv weekend after halloween. Recovered my seat today, installed a new key switch last night, changed oil 3 days ago, still waiting for my led headlight, and now it probably gonna have to order a carb. I've been told that a 400ex carb is an upgrade, so at least there's that. Going to need a head gasket, but that can wait. 1987 Honda 350d.

What u riding.

Captcha hopefully not related

chem dip over night. or you might be able to get away with brake parts cleaner

B12 chemtool is the best carb cleaner I've found, and I've tested all that I've come across locally. Kills all insects on contact as an added plus.

ooh, looks pretty good. knowing california though, its probably already illegal where i am. i heard they banned chem dip a few years ago. luckily i still have a couple gallons.

That is exactly what I used, & I soaked two days in a row, no luck.

Also I tried pulling or extracting with pliers.

damn. i dont know then. toss it in a volcano maybe? that and brakleen are the strongest things i know of. maybe this user's rec might work.

There were rumors from a parts store guy that they were going to ban it here (kentucky, and nothing gets banned here), so it must be pretty nasty stuff, I know I can literally watch it eat through a layer of paint in about 10 seconds granted it's at least 80f outside.

350 carb guy here, I tried pliers too. You might try threading the cable back in and holding those brass parts at the top together and pulling real hard, that's the most force I've been able to put on it (when pulling outwards). I ended up breaking those top 2 teeth off, that's when I drilled the core and inserted an easy out. No luck with that either, the bit holds in there very well and I can exert quite a bit of twisting force (to break the hold the plunger has in the carb body) on the plunger but the bit is stripped on the drill side now. About to put an eyelet on it and attach it to some kind of slide hammer contraption as a last resort before ordering a Chinese knock-off. Good luck, man.

>so it must be pretty nasty stuff
i have a feeling being exposed to this shit at an early age is going to fuck me later on, but it works so damn good most of the time. ive gotten brakleen in my eye like a half a dozen times.

okay thanks.

Don't waste your time with chemicals. What you need is some good Ole compressed air.
Get on the back side of her and give it the good part of 130psi and it'll pop right out

paint stripper

just be fucking careful where it ends up

okay but my compressor has malfunctioned & maxes out @ twenty PSI.

also I don't know where on the carb to apply the air.