Help with getting a new car

Parents have recently decided to put in 50-60% to help me be buy my first new car. Looking for a hatchback- small car. Would prefer diesel over gas but don't count it out yet. Location Germany. Budget: 14k max. Looking for new over used. Here are my thoughts so far.

Skoda: The Fabia has been my main choice so far. I also liked the Citigo running on natural gas but don't know how these cars behave or what maintenance they need. My father would prefer avoiding vw related cars after some bad experiences with them in the past.

Volkswagen: My Mother has be driving us around as kids with a golf 3 for 20 years now. It had quite a lot of problems in its lifetime as expected but some rather big things happened before even hitting 30k, and my father has spent lots on maintenance for it. A really nice car though, I liked the black lines running along the car and how they mixed with that nice silver color. To bad vw doesn't make any thing like this anymore. The new polo looks kinda big, getting one of them older polos on a sale might be the way to go.

Seat: Ibiza looks nice but would prefer a Fabia over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mitsubishi-motors.de/space-star/#!konfigurator
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=228013287
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=251797178
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=249650528
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=249841927
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Audi-Mercedes-BWL: To expensive to purchase and maintain for me.

Citroen- Peugeot-Opel?: Don't really like The design of Citroens. I've seen a few 2-308 around, look like nice cars but don't really like or have driven French cars in general. Opel has been bought by psa now, I've had a used opel corsa for a few years now and didn't really like it, granted it was a rather old car with plenty of problems, to bad the new Corsa is still a few years away, might have given it a look. Astra was on my mind as well.

Toyota: The Yaris seemed like a good fit, though the newer models looks kinda bad from the front. The hybrid looks nice but have no idea where to fill it up. Are it's diesel options any good. Same for the Auris. How much can Corolla Hatchbacks cost? Don't really think they are in my range.

Renault- Nissan- Dacia: Twigo, Clio, Micro, Pulsar, Sombrero? Their partnership has kinda hurt nissan. Also the micra looks gay and I haven't seen a single pulsar around. A friend who had a clio didn't really like it and has been mentioning some rather high maintenance costs. But open to advise on those.

Punto 1.3 diesel, imo. Had it for 2 years (and still do) and never had any issue with it.
It's frugal as fuck even when you're thrashing it. I've never went above 7L with 17'' inch alloys.

Fiat: Really like the punto but Italian cars are kinda mocked here. Doesn't help that its 1.3 diesel engine is kinda like a mene, and it's also shared between punto, corsa and the Suzuki Swift. Open to suggestions on it as well.

Alfa Romeo: Would love me a mito or even a gulieta though that might be pushing it. Same worries as with Fiat

Mazda: I've been looking into the Mazda 2 for some while, the rust problems had me looking elsewhere

Honda: Veeky Forums's favourite probably. I've seen the get a used Civic way to much. Don't really like the Civic hatchbacks. Also kinda high priced. On top of that my father is of the opinion that their part replacements can be expensive. The Jazz is just bad, who owns one anyway.

Suzuki: The Swift looks nice but as mentioned bad Diesel engines. Don't know if they have come up with anything new lately.

Hundai-Kia: The i20 had my interest, but haven't read the best on Veeky Forums about em. Don't know much about Kia.

GM: Other than the previously owned by them opel, don't know what else they offer in Europe.

Ford: Fiesta has been a top option so far, other than it's logo which I don't like looks like an all around good car. Still looking into it.

Daihatsu-Isuzu-Mitsubishi: Who - What - The space star looks like a piece of shit.

That's all I can think for now. Probably overthinking this way to much. All advice, opinions and suggestions are more than welcomed.

Twas a golf 4 apparently, not a 3

Was it bought new or used. 2 year's isn't that long of a time. Puntos do look really great though.

1 year used.
These engines are reliable as fuck, tho.

14K punto. that's like, five of them.

Learn to drive first.

Buy the Mirage

>imagine having this lack of taste
Jesus fuck. Just kys.

I said max, could be for less. And I've been driving for a few years already.

First time hearing it, doesn't look good, I'll look it up again later though.

mitsubishi-motors.de/space-star/#!konfigurator

Don't want no Mitsubishi. Also am on mu plone in a train now, not opening links and stuff.

Hyundai and KIA share platforms, and are generally considered reliable.

So if you want something reliable that won't break the bank on maintenance go for Hyundai/KIA

if you want something that is even more reliable that is even cheaper to maintain go for DACIA.

Everything else is a money pit ranging from small to big.

Just buy something like 1-2 years old. You can't afford new.

>not opening links and stuff
spotted the german lol

Kauf dir einen Honda Jazz als Jahreswagen.

Panda.

4x4 by far ;)

It says up there location Germany. Und ich kann den Jazz echt nicht der sieht doof aus.

Don't think I'll find anything useful to do with a 4x4. Does the panda also have regular models?

Haha, du kannst ja weder Deutsch, noch Englisch.

>der sieht doof aus
Passt doch zu dir. :-)

U can't get new with 12-14k. Am not looking to buy a mnw hatchback, just a small car for commutes that hasn't been worn down by others.

>that hasn't been worn down by others
cars can take some beating for far more than 10 years without catastrophic failure

Well then let's just say I want to get something that ll be just mine and keep it for many years while taking care of it.

>Ich will 10 Jahre lang einen dummen Kleinwagen ertragen und dafür das fünffache zahlen als ich es mit einem vernünftigen oder angemessenen Auto getan hätte

What's a good website you eurofags browse for used cars? Ameritard here that wants to learn some things.

kleinanzeigen.ebay.de
mobile.de
autoscout24.de

Yeah, those

Was würdest du machen :)

Mercy bo coup

Do you care about the horsepower?

If you just care about low running costs. go for VW up and get the LPG one. The reserve petrol tank is good for 150km-something, so you have to make sure to have LPG available all the time.

I have driven quite a few rentals (petrols tho), and they are surprisingly alright.

That 3 cyl is very simple, anybody can fix it. Also the wheels are 14 inch I bet, tyres don't cost shit, brake pads and rotors won't cost shit.

And honestly, VW has the best audiosystem in it's class. It's not even that terrible.

>VW
>3 cylinder
Avoid like the plague.

Yeah knew they shared stuff. Have you had experience with any of the mentioned brands. The Sandero can often be seen in ads here as Germanys cheapest new car, not sure that's a good thing though.

Don't really care about lower horsepower. What's so bad about 3 cl in vw. Bad performance, break to easy? The lower costing polos come with those as well.

Yep. Some cheap, some reasonably quick.

Fix it again Tony does not apply these days.

They're shit. And sound like shit too.

>14k
buy your own car with your 6-7k.

Up, Citigo and Mii, it's the same. Up to 150km with like 10L is quite good though. Still would need to find how the behave after some time.

I could afford to buy some used car on my own after looking around, but my main point was getting a new car, something good and durable preferably.

>buying new
so you enjoy wasting money? you can get a used econobox that's just as good.

I get it, i get. A used ecobox does it, I've driving around these myself. Just saying would prefer new. What do u drive for example or any other suggestions.

New is pointless as you lose about half of its value as soon as you drive it off the lot.
Been there. If you're happy to get someone else to take the depreciation hit then Italian cars are very good.

well i'm not a eurocuck so i have a v8.

Did you sell your car after buying it? Did u crash it? Of course it loses value as do a lot of things.

How's the geography going?

30 percent less value as soon as you move a car.
Wait until someone else has fucked with that shit.

I might as well dump gas out the window while stuck in traffic, kinda the same thing here.

>a diesel fiat

Du verstehst das Verhältnis zwischen Wertverlust und Unterhaltskosten eines Autos nicht. Der Wertverlust ist in den ersten fünf Jahren deutlich(!) höher als die Unterhaltskosten, du schmeißt also effektiv Geld aus dem Fenster.

Buying a good used car would need for it: to be under 30-50km, in good shape, near enough so you could get there to see it yourself drive it and maybe buy it. It takes time and effort to get a good used car. And changes are you won't find what exactly you were looking for.

Und trotzdem werden jeden Jahr über 50 mil. autos verkauft.

Why are
>Diesel Fiat
Treated this way?

kek, nice vulva faggot

Inferiority complex to the superior common rail technology invented by italians, pretty much.

80% Firmenwagenleasing, 15% Rentner mit Mercedes, Opel oder VW, 5% Familien mit Dacia

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=228013287

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=251797178

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=249650528

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=249841927

you get the idea. get something interesting if you're an enthusiast. and if you're not, gtfo.

Ist Leasing wirklich so groß in Deutschland dass alle Leute solche Autos nach 1-2 Jahre kaufen!

Natürlich, bist du dumm?

As long as this train takes to get me home this thread keeps going

Ich werde das mehr nachgucken müssen. Ich verstehe nicht wieso jemand sich ein Auto ausleihen würde. Du zahlst so viel Geld und nach ein paar Jahren hast du nichts zu zeigen.

dafür zu zeigen*

What are you fucking retarded? Get a 3.0 Supra Turbo and spend the rest of the money on extra gas costs and extra insurance costs.

Sigh, yeah I guess that will have to do it.

have you considered a new corsa or a slightly used astra?

New Corsa's are just facelift with nothing new to them, the all new corsa should come out it a year or two. Astra not so much but was planning to look a little more into it, the newer ones look good as well. I've also been hearing from a friend who got one that it was a rather nice car all around.

>but Italian cars are kinda mocked here.
>implying there any choices that wouldn't be mocked here
You seem like a kid who maybe doesn't know any better, but please for the love of fuck do not buy anything on the advice of or seeking the approval of faggots on Veeky Forums. I like the Twingo and Clio because they're cute, but you should buy what you like and ignore probably 97% of the shit you read on this board.

Yeah, I've kinda noticed that myself, but figured I'd try.

Most Opels aren't particularly fun to drive, but as workhorses they are amazing. The diesels are indestructible and if you watch out for rust you should be good

Kind of like the Punto as well, but they look kind of pedestrian in anything but Abarth spec.

>Kind of like the Punto as well, but they look kind of pedestrian in anything but Abarth spec.
They do. But remember the Punto is already 10 years old (with facelifts, ofc) and is still one of the best looking sub-compacts in the market.

>my diesel one

My corsa D looks like it was burned from underneath from all that rust..

I mean the corsa and the punto share the same body. Both of em are 10 year old cars with newer models coming out soon.

Yeah, but still... If you're going for that platform, go for the Punto.

It would kinda suck though getting one of em now just for them to start releasing the new one in a year or so. Same thing with the fabia now that the new polo came out

There's still no news about a new Punto, tho.

Some rumours the Argo will be the Punto, but I seriously doubt it.

What's the puntos diesel top speed at 4krpm?

It cuts at 5000rpm. I did 190km/h sometimes. Regularly went to 170/180.

If you're going for the diesel, definitely go for the Punto. The multijet block is way more reliable in the Punto than the Corsa.

Ain't 5k on diesel pushing it a little, when did the redline start on the meter.

Multijets are more rev happy than TDIs, etc. So no. It cuts at 5000rpm. Obviously you don't need to reach 5000 because it reaches peak power below 4000.

Does*

Bump

1.4 turbo petrol is the only Punto worth buying mjet

Just get a vt Commodore

Have you ever driven or heard one?

OP:
Nothing for 14k new-ish will sound nice.

Once again, to save up on running costs, go for up/citigo/mii.

NOTHING will brake in the next 3-4 years, and you will upgrade.