Final Fantasy XIV General - /xivg/

Astrologians are definitely balanced edition

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/XrCg42ub

Preliminary DPS numbers (current performance does not indicate the direction of future adjustments)
Previously on /xivg/:

Leveling my first char. Does this game have the worst story quests of all time?

No, but it has the most obnoxious. If you don't like the story, legitimately don't play the game because it's the primary gateway to all the content.

>looked forward to Stormblood hoping that it would be as good as Heavensward during the first days
>it is honestly better

Please knock Omega out of the park. I don't want to go through the decline that Gordias caused.

nth for I wish Samurai shared gear with DRG instead so I could be a samurai knight in frogman armor.

Somebody post more Hyur.

I am enjoying all the dungeons and the combat in general. The plot of the story itself is fine, but all the quests involve: deliver this, talk to him, go over here, come back there. Thats what I find so mundane.

Here have this dead antique.

xth for red mage

Meh.

CUTE

cute boy
/pet

What exactly did they do to make tanks boring?
I'm stuck in queue and I want to be mad too.

What the fuck do I spend my GC seals on

the stuff pre heavensward can be a slog

20 or so chocobos

they took bloodbath away from warriors, thats pretty much it. other tanks are cool, but paladins are top tier now

nothing really xivg just likes to bitch
eagle feathers

>aura got close of being real giraffes

yea im not to heavensward yet.

HEY YSARA OR THE TWO OTHER PEOPLE ON MATEUS

PLAYER SEARCH KUGANE AND TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF HOW MANY PEOPLE THERE ARE NOW THAT ITS US HOURS. I NEED ANOTHER LAUGH.

So just to make sure; you cannot use veteran clan mark logs to buy gear upgrades at this moment right now?

I just reached lvl 50 with my first class, PLD. I am not tempted to play another through Hevansward, Should I switch to RDM or Sam, or stay the path. I know queue times would be 20x longer, I just care about which is most fun.

Pld isn't bad, I enjoy the ascetics of it, but I am thinking Samurai could look pretty sweet.

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of each healer at 70? I haven't played one since ARR.

Took away depth, took away fun, took away damage.

play AST

Anyone has the Stormblood OST ripped?

>people were insisting MNK was bad
>MNK is parsing amazingly well

>people were insisting WHM was bad
>WHM does huge DPS for a healer while having strong heals

red mage is fun, easy and good damage
sam is slow and clunky but has katanass and shit
pld god elder tier yes tier
vicks is burning my toe nails now
need to go
you tank

WHM: A very strong dose of vanilla, vanilla sprinkles on vanilla bean infused vanilla ice cream.
AST: Several layers of RNG but interesting mechanics.
SCH: Your fairy does most of the work for you I guess.

I'm more cute.

really hard to grab a screen of requies

900 on the queue.
One more hour to go!

The story is okay but stretched so fucking thin pre-HW that even I started skipping it and I tend to get invested in MMO storylines more than most. That being said it does pick up after that when they learned to trim the fat.

Does darkest night stack with adlo/astro shields?

>Of course, a white mage is a healer role so we bolstered pure healing capabilities and we aren’t saying you should attack because you are healer. If we do mention something like that maybe people will think white mage has to attack now.
based yoshi

Anyone want to help me do susano first time? On aether by the way.

Haha okay I will stick with pld, I always play these types of classes in games anyway. I will try RDM afterwards.

Finally my complete edition is all downloaded and installed.

New person here, does this look good for my first character?

also: I have some RL friends on "Sargatanus" (Legacy) - is there any differences on a legacy server? and is this a bad server

>nin mains scared as fuck monks would steal their spotlight start making up rumors
>sch mains scared as fuck whm would steal their spotlight took the fact whms were calling lillies shit to call the whole job shit

stormblood got me playing FF3 SNES again.

fucking hell man. Cyan + Gauntlet + Haste Shoes + Vigor Espers = fun time

>tfw behind my FC mates because they can play all day and I can't even get on the game until 11pm usually

MNK is the 3rd best melee and 6th overall with next to no utility, it and MCH are probably going to be the most benched classes

There's no real big difference between Legacy and non legacy servers, and Sarg is an okay server
Also cute catboy

Just transfer to Mateus.

Sure, you going to throw up a pf?

Shouldn't MNK be doing second best pDPS behind SAM, and ahead of DRG and NIN?

how the fuck do i get over there

>finally decide to try AST
>actually enjoying playing a healer for once
I wish I did this sooner.

"no"
why would I do that when my friends and FC mates are here and have no intention of transferring? Plus I've heard it's a dead server even with the "incentives" that don't even affect me since I don't care about housing.

What's a popular EU world to play on?

Later in the MSQ

I just wanted to EB Her...

something came up can you give me 10mins?

If personal DPS was properly balanced with raid utility, yes.

NIN is parsing higher in some ilvl314 comparison the japs did

Yes user, being a wannabe SMN isn't fun.

Dive you dummy.

Do your thing. I can do hunt logs.

The Stormblood DRG questline starts off pretty meh and low stakes, then THIS shit happens.
>"tank" swapping with E S T I N I E N as you spitroast Tioman 2.0 on your lances
>double LB3
>two extra dragon bros get your back

Yoshi announces that in 4.2 they're adding another class. It's the Catamancer from Bravely Second. wdyd?

Raping isn't EBing someone roberto.

fucking spoilers out the ass man but yes it's awesome, and he will probably be coming with us to omega

dont care. I am 100% happy with rdm.

>tfw you've been on Mateus since launch and all the Balmungers are stinking it up with their ERP
I just wanted to remain lord of my empty server forever. Cross-realm party finder already solved every problem we had.

I don't get this image

>Not even 200
jesus christ

>nose pads are rendered now
Is this the power of ditching PS3?

any of you know what these sandals/shoes are? I've been looking for hours

Alright I'm out do you still want to help?

from the amazon promotion

Can I get some help with my hotbar? I have no idea what skills I should be prioritizing, if the cross-role skills I have are correct, or anything

So which Stormblood job quest is the best?

Is there no way of getting them now?

Yep. throw up a pf and I'll tank if you don't have one.

ok /xivg/, i wanna play with my friends so i'm gonna buy level up juice like a goy
i haven't played since leviathan, and i only ever got MNK to 50, but i also enjoy tanking
what class should i pick up

time for sleep
goodnight friends

Alright it's public intitals are KS

will you EB me and let me step on your face

>tfw will never get EBed

Someone redpill me on Ysara and all the Mateus shilling going on.

they are pretty nice shoes desu

You could find a code if they are still valid

These are my PLD bars if it helps at all

Don't believe his lies

>tfw no Dotharl waifu to bring great heroes back with

Paladin is the one true tank.

nty hehe...

Alright. Thanks!

This is all the pvp stuff available to me
Which one of these should I do to get from level 56 to 60?

cats are cute :3

potd

I liked the MNK one. Beating the shit out of that dude with the help of Widargelt, the two Miqote students of his, the two Lalas from the Pugilist Guild and Motherfucking Hamon Holyfist was so incredibly satisfying. Also, Brotherhood is fucking fantastic. Depending on group comp I usually end up spamming the fuck out of Forbidden Chakra when Brotherhood is active.

Seal Rock and Fields of Glory.

I believe you can also just buy them from the cash shop.