/ovg/ - No fast drivers left edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hXmJrJr
youtube.com/watch?v=E-dii4gCsUM
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KmJlRBsaaLNmuhpNzENjmbr_ld5MNP7-Q8PgjANrT18/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=WkN0x7qagD0
youtube.com/watch?v=LgzPr2fSvvM
gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5007038.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sBWoopoIy7Q
get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGGT6_SuperGT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Soon™

Trash tyres filled with shit

threadly reminder that assetto AE86 tuned race happens this sunday

Reminder it was possible to one stop the NJMP race and win

first for njmp was garbo

Nth for don't let GT6's funeral be a sad and lonely affair.

2nd for 20 sec gaps

Reminder to delete coreshaders.mas

Is a 107% gradient too steep for a car to climb?

10th for RR3

>join WAT1

When will we ban euros from turnleft

Is it just me or anybody else getting fucky internet connection on public lobbies in Forza?
It’s telling me I have a low bandwidth and high latency when internet tests tell me the opposite

Hop in the discord if you like inline images in your text discussion
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

radial engine swap when?

>We will never have pre-2019 /ovg/ back

we are pre-2019 /ovg/, user

i wonder if someone would post it after 2019. prooly yes since nostalgia and social group quality are subjective things

Few questions about the race tomorrow

What DLC packs are Brands Hatch and Red Bull ring in? What version of Ahvenisto do I need?

>ahvenisto
i'll update doc with required links later

>DLCs
dream pack 3 for brandshatch, red pack for RBR

>Two DLC packs
wew lad, think I'll skip those tracks. I like the series though and I'll race on the tracks I can get

retard

well, you can always try this entire dlc piracy thing. now when i think about it, i wasn't really aware that half of tracks i picked are dlcs

Anyone still on the first Driveclub? Only thing remotely near simulation I've got on my PS4 and I'd love to join a club to fight all the shitters who keep wrecking into me.

Wasn't aware that was a thing. I'll look into it in the morning

i don't want to talk to retarded europeans

youtube.com/watch?v=E-dii4gCsUM

Think the 'coaching' vids will end up on youtube? I wanna steal Hams secrets without paying a cent.

>I wanna steal Hams secrets without paying a cent.
Get a tan and a bad hairdo. Done.

Also Ranek you butterball stop twitch streaming arcade games under iRacing.

Is a 2.5% grade too steep for a car to climb?

would anyone be interested in some A class shitbox racing for 10 laps on the burgerking next weekend in forza?
was thinking in the lines of car must be older then 25 years. nothing too serious

Think I'll go pick up a Rift tomorrow morning. What do you VR lads think?

Couldn't even survive the pace lap

boogity

No idea how I made this corner

sounds long but also comfy given the slow cars

>BMW NAsCAR
What the shit?

What the fuck is this shit?

This isn't 2012 anymore, Forza 4 is dead!

I updated ae86 doc with track pack that also contains a car we might or might not use for theoretical future races, starting next week (so, from tsukuba race). i think it's a cool car.

/ovg/ is dead

No, do 900 laps of burgerking in PC2.

Highlights from OVG's first Forza 7 race.

Nine cars, nine completely different builds. Qualifying didn't work; grid order was random. We made it through turn one without wrecking.

there are no girls and therefor no orbiters

First half of the race was Nissan vs. Chevrolet.

Yoloswag's GT-R LM was stupid quick; 824 horsepower, all-wheel drive. The Vette would gain it all back in the handling sectors.

Leaders murdered their tires while racing each other.

Approaching the halfway point, top three were under a blanket. Race was 22 laps so around 45 minutes. Really promising for a first effort.

Final half of the race sucked.

Got by the Vette, then Yolo killed his tires and had to pit both for tires & fuel.

The 12c, which I hadn't tested previously, lasted the entire race on one tank & one set of tires. So it was kind of a snoozer for the final few laps.

Yolo was within 1000 feet of me but the tires gave up on him before he got within striking distance.

we the best

we will cut a frowny face in your chest little wench
I'm unmentionably fresh
I'm a mensch
Get correct
I will walk into a court while erect
screaming yes I am guilty motherfuckers I am death

>the caddilac limo is FWD
wait what?
I guess it makes sense
But still

>not the ninja drivergear
see me after class

21 laps of Road America on October 20th, this time at 6:00pm cst or 11:00pm gmt (99% sure this will be a possible time at least).
Mugello race went awesome, no one disconnected halfway through and somehow no giant crashes. Also, I think I fount out how to fix qualifying.

Remember to sign up if you haven't already, I hope this new time will make it more accessible.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KmJlRBsaaLNmuhpNzENjmbr_ld5MNP7-Q8PgjANrT18/edit?usp=sharing

The R33 was RWD, which probably contributed to my tires being dead every 5 laps. Gonna try a '08 Viper for next week.

I used to do the WAT races back in Forza 4, wanna get in on this again. Just did the Survival of the Fastest achievement.

So did we come to an agreement on the car switching rules? You mentioned 2 a month, would that be you can swap between two cars each race every month or once a month kinda deal?

how do i git gud at heel+toeing? I scored a g27 a few weeks ago and i've been playing assetto corsa with it, and I just can't figure out a comfortable technique.

1 free car change per month, but 2 this month since we're just getting started. Meaning try to find a car that will fit all of the criteria of the tracks that come up that month

f

but i'm gonna keep playing because too intelligent to buy a ps4

pivot on 'the ball' of your foot

With a G27 it's easier to sidestep as opposed to heel-toe as the pedals are too close together IMO.
In other words, brake with the big toe side of your foot, and throttle with the little toe side of your foot.

i still say a GMod race in /ovg/ would be amazing because then everyone would have to build their own car

So let me get this straight:

The Gran Turismo series went from a nice fun semi-sim arcade racing game to WE ESPORTS NOW

Why is this happening?

Suits fucking things up for everyone

Money and publicity, which leads to more money

It's just an iRacing esque sim developed by Sony. Don't think of it as a GT6 sequel.

It's another no discord in the op edition

discord.gg/hXmJrJr

If Forza and NFS are any indication it seems the industry feels racing games are too samey and they need to be shaken up to attract more people.
Keep in mind that while not everyone who plays these games are car enthusiasts it’s often their stepping stone and if international YouTube stats are to be trusted cars make up less than 5% of the total content of the site, apply that to the world or a single continent/country and you have a worryingly small percentile

Because it costs too much to model 1200 cars to 4K standard, especially when you're nip and don't want to outsource the job despite being a 100 man studio.

It’s also why Hoonigan and such things attempt to be so cool and bro like, it’s a way to get people into it the same way the best pro skateboarders try to do it, and DC shoes has a good history with skateboard marketing

>SJ getting chased out
>a bad thing

Sorry for hitting you off there mate.

New thread when?

Whoever wrote this, many thanks, doing those things has made the game driveable, now to get used to the funky sliding!

>especially when you're nip and don't want to outsource the job despite being a 100 man studio.
Why do they do this? what benefit is there? is it just some kind of honor code or are they so autistic about so much as a seat-belt fiber being misrepresented?

Less money on outsourcing means more money in 100 people’s pocket probably

YouTube numbers are not to be trusted.

This has eight million views.

youtube.com/watch?v=WkN0x7qagD0

sickest rfactor mod

At least they don't start fucking half way through like those spiderman and elsa videos

Spoke too soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=LgzPr2fSvvM

Stop spreading this cancer around fucktard

>tfw you completely dominate all the 2WD-plebs in your class because of a little bit of rain

Yeah buddy

No I didn’t mean like that I meant bulk content, as in videos about cars, not even how much they’re viewed

dude go jerk to spidey fuckin some GTA V thot and calm down

isn't that actually gtaV mod?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand /ovg/. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical vehicular physics most of the jokes will go over a typical shitposters head. There's also GT Sport shills nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from doriftu manga literature, for instance. The tripfags understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about CORNERING. As a consequence people who dislike /ovg/ truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in GT Sport shills existencial catchphrase "buy GT Sport," which itself is a cryptic reference to Shuichi Shigeno's Japanese epic "Initial D" I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as
POWERRRRRRR's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have an /ovg/tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 0.5 seconds of my pace (preferably slower) beforehand.

/ovg/ is what killed Forza threads

>Came home from a roadtrip specifically today for this
Come on guys this better be worth it.

Good choice user

>not having already preordered GT Sport
>not supporting a game shilling lewisha as literally the greatest driver and unironically calling him the Maestro
>not being on the edge of your seat, jealous of all the youtubers like blackpanthaa and their early copies, just because you can't contain your erection to the thought of being coached by the 2017 F1 world champion himself

smfh

gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5007038.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sBWoopoIy7Q

>lewis
>3 time F1 world champion
>chooses GT

>nicolas
>literal retard
>chooses PCARS 2

don't be a retard
don't play PC2

>tfw you’re retarded and don’t know how to tune in FM7
Tuning guide for retards when

GTR2 22 steps guide

>this guide implies you are a competent pilot
Well I mean I’ll try

>tfw we will never run ovgt3 with top tier 2012 meme skins again

Just 7 h till SuperGT gives GT6 its rightfully deserved raucous wake. Reminder to turn up or Polyphony Digital will curse you never to experience a worthy successor to GT4's single player campaign.

get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGGT6_SuperGT

When will SJ come back to save us?

Does going from top to bottom represent the correct order in which to perform the adjustments? What should I look out for in game to know when my suspension bottoms out?

>jpg