/PUBG/ BattleToads general

PUBG general patch tomorrow edition.

MAP for strats:
pubgmap.com/#3.0.0.0
STATS for stats:
pubg.me/blog/post/detailed-stats-for-every-weapon-in-playerunknown-s-battlegrounds
PLANE flight rememberer:
planepath.net/
If you have more better links post em and we'll try to add them

Favorite drop spots go! Villa is best the rest are trash.

UMP.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U58C23E0fkc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

G18 is confirmed to be select fire, with the added addition of being able to mount a RDS.
Kill assists have also been confirmed.
This will all be with NEXT weeks patch, tomorrows is a smaller one focused on performance.

Post your list of wishes for this game;

Night option
New attachments such as lasers and other types of scope, maybe even underbarrel grenade launchers
Another type of airdrop, maybe a buggie drop
More clothing options, there are clothing in-game that you can't purchase such as the trench coat (not player unknown version, the hoodless)
New vehicles such as a bycicle and jetskis
Prone rolling like in arma series
More combat stances like peaking over barricades with your weapon
Beards
And general better optmization.

This game worth giving a shot yet?
I checked it out a while back but it seemed to have way too many issues to consider.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FREEZE/LAG SHIT WHEN ONLY

>Based on performance
Thank christ. I was getting 130 FPS and then suddenly as of the last patch I dropped to like 60-80 with HEAVY fluctuations.

Will Early Access Games like this be on Steam sale?

Early access games are always on sale. You get it at a cheaper price for buying into it early. That's the way it's always worked.

any improvements on performance and stability after the latest patches? that was always the reason why I avoided buying this

just bought, what to expect?

Performance has improved since it first dropped, and tomorrow's patch should help with both network/and client performance.

Stop remaking this general and let the laggy bitch die

>be australian
>somehow manage to play this without lag until now
>lag starts, game is practically unplayable

It's the same story every time, every fucking patch has "focused on performance", stop thinking it's new

>this patch will fix the ghetto servers + netcode, and it's going to improve performance!

Servers still unbelievably dogshit, the actual worst I've ever seen on a video game, North Korea tier

The game will never run well and is constantly going to either run like shit for everyone that isn't brute forcing it or randomly become shit for everyone else because they're using an engine that can't handle this many people.

>driving to center circle
>cut through wheat fields near Yasnaya
>suddenly get a kill message
>there was a fucking guy lying in the field

Holy hell bad luck man.

Are you not aware that having a huge ping is the most preferable thing in this game? No seriously if you're Australian you pretty much never get a good gaming experience so you need to keep shitting up everyone's servers with 400ms latency so that you can enjoy it.

This game is almost entirely client side and has no region/ping lock for the servers so you basically become a god that kills people in a 20th of a second before they even get to react because they were dead a full second ago on your screen. You're the guy that shoots at people and on their screen they're splattering into blood two seconds after they make it behind a wall.

The game's a fucking mess and that's why people play on servers as far away from themselves as possible. Eastern Europeans play on NA, NA plays on AS, etc. When you're playing on your home server with 40ms latency it feels like dogshit which is kind of pathetic for a shooter because it should be the opposite

>tfw you win your first solo game

I'm literally shaking.

>airdrop technical with limited ammo
>airdrop one time use RPG
>jetski
>a use for the dock, even just a few loot drops
>First person only mode
>weight to actually matter
>buff melee and pistols, as they have almost no use except for the first 30 seconds
>maybe a "hardcore" mode, in which ammo is very scarce

Just spitballin here.

This. The tick rate is abysmally low, the ping required for data to be rejected is Rainbow Six Siege tier (aka garbage) and the hit registry is client side.

Every fucking time I get dropped in an open area, it'll be a shot, I'll duck wide around some cover, and die to the follow up shots somehow still hitting me. I'll find it's some RU piece of trash streamer, and from his perspective I'll be standing completely still in the open while he puts all of his shots into me with zero reaction.

Until tickrate is pushed higher, and ping data isn't rejected below 250/300ms, the game will ALWAYS favour the laggy POS.

>Post your list of wishes for this game;

BETTER FPS

that hasn't happened to me once in 200 hours of NA and EU

Different user here. Had no idea all this shit was client side. That explains a fuckton of bullshit ive seen in this game.

Once again 3rd worlders (IE: Everyone outside of Europe or US) ruin a multiplayer game.

>Prevented users from removing shadows by changing Steam launch options.

GET FUCKED CHEATERS

If you exit to lobby before after the counter starts but before the plane will you still get a loss?

Also is the m4 basically strictly better than the scar because it has the stock? The stats don't explain what body hit impact is, although the m4 is way worse in that category.

Speed up the boats. I don't care about realism, it takes so fucking long to get anywhere in them.

How is it cheating? I did it so I can get better FPS because this game is so fucking terribly optimized.

I did forget one other alternative to dealing with this epidemic. Region locking outside of perhaps squads or duos requiring at least half the team composition logging at the server within that region (so friends at least can still play together from around the world, but stopping all high ping team comps or solo players from disrupting the game).

I see that as a far more easily implemented solution to the problem, as the tick rate is likely only going to be so high with 100 players.

>Night option
So loot NVGs and flash hiders or lose/the match?
>Lasers or other types of scopes
YES
>Grenade launchers
No. MASS shotgun underbarrels would be interesting, but would also likely be OP as fuck since ARs are already the best all around weapon category in the game.
>Another type of drop
Not that big a deal
>New vehicles
Low on the priority list IMO. Would rather see more weapons added that are more situational (burst fire weapons, bullethose ARs like AEKs, or magazine fed LMGs).
>Prone rolling
Yes, more movement options is always better.
>More combat stances around cover
Worked and loved it in ARMA 3. A slight adjust height would be great since certain buildings require you to stand up entirely just to make some shots, which is undesirable.
>Beards
Hair already looks shit in this game, but customization is good.
>Better optimization
This please.

8/10 list.

I run this game with shadows on and get 60+ fps at all times. get a new pc, user.

Not having shadows on makes people so much easier to see, it's fucking gamebreaking

What are your specs?

>So loot NVGs and flash hiders or lose/the match?
Keep in mind NVGs get held in check by shining flashlights at them/smoke grenades, if a night mode is implemented properly. I think it creates a very different gamemode with interesting dynamics, in any case.

>airdrop one time use RPG
Shit idea. It's just bad for everyone - you'd probably never really want to pick it up yourself because it's dead weight after one shot and it would never not feel like utter bullshit when you get killed by one
>jetski
Good idea but low priority
>a use for the dock, even just a few loot drops
Also good. The coasts on the current map are generally pretty barren and coulld use work
>First person only mode
Would like to see this too, though you could probably make an argument for fragmenting the playerbase between too many game modes
>weight to actually matter
Not sure what you mean. It already matters, unless you mean for things you have equipped.
>buff melee and pistols, as they have almost no use except for the first 30 seconds
Pistols are perfect the way they are. They're only really meant to be a sidearm that you only use in a pinch or if forced to - perfect for finishing an enemy if your primary runs out of ammo and you need one extra shot or early game in general. They're also useful with supressors as pistols supressors are way more common than every other type. Melee weapons definitely need a buff though, they're a fucking joke. The hitbox is so fucking small and sporadic that I genuinely feel more comfortable using fists in a slugfest.
>maybe a "hardcore" mode, in which ammo is very scarce
I don't think I'd enjoy this at all. In a game like this it only plays up the RNG aspects.

>Prevented users from removing shadows by changing Steam launch options.

Does this mean going to have to put up with their shitter shadow render? ...

how come i can't hear or talk on voicechat?
are there just some servers where you can' talk or communicate with team members?

More
Maps
Fullstop.

just a variety of maps would be fantastic
city map,
desert map,
fucking vietnam jungle map

But flashlights have a limited range, and the engagement ranges in Battlegrounds far exceed typical flashlight range. If anything, a flashlight is an even bigger beacon for them to shoot at over distance.

Night maps also just mean people cranking gamma on their monitor controls.

>Exit plane and float as far as possible
>Land in a tiny village, 2 small houses 2
medium houses
>frantically look around while parachuting, not a single player in sight
>2 minutes I've run through the houses and found no backpacks/helmet/vest. Only weapon was 6 pistols
>cant complain since it's a shit town, start heading for the next town over
>get ARed by some dude 20 seconds after I entered the forest

Goddamn I wanna go to big towns, but the find a weapon before someone else RNG is even worse there

Also I learned to never enter a single fucking house after the first 5 minutes, the amount of campers is insane.

WHY CAN'T I COMMUNICATE WITH ANYONE
HOLY SHIT

ALL OF A SUDDEN ALL THE SERVERS I GO ON I CAN'T HEAR ANYONE TALKING AND I CAN'T TALK TO ANYONE OVER MY MIC

ITS NOT ON MUTE I CHECKED

is there any way to turn off the lens dirt and bloom at the top of my screen that happens when i look anywhere where there is sunlight?
now that i cant play in dx10 anymore its really starting to annoy me not to mention it looks like shit

I've had the exact same thing happen to me a while back, saw some discolouration in the wheat just before driving over it and bam, kill confirmed.

I fucking wish, I can't believe the mother fucker has lens bloom and fake HDR forced on like this.

It's truly AIDS

>Fixed a bug that caused doors to have a metallic shine

Actually, this may seem small but I came across this one a lot since I started playing and I'm glad they fixed it.

CTRL-T is a global mute that works separately from the in-menu mute, have you tried that?

i5 something
1050 ti
8 gigs ram
SATA hard drive

yea it was literally a bug had to unplug my mic-headset and replug it into a different usb slot and it started workign again
really weird

I only have shitty earpieces, should I drop 40 bucks on decent headphones and would that help me hear people better?

>Fuck up because I didn't let the reloading animation play out to it's full extent

You know what, I'm going to blame the gun.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.

>pick a ghillie suit and m24 off a guy
>later get headshot by someone from a distance because foliage doesn't render past 50m
fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=U58C23E0fkc
Car physics in a nutshell.

is he our guy
Twitch.tv IREDRUIVI

>Put dick in girl
>became dad
>road to stay at home dad from streaming

redpill me on shadow and foliage detail levels
what should they be set to so I'm on an even playing field with ruskie shitters

50 vs 50 matches

maybe disable team damage or change the avatars clothes to bright red and blue

Going to be getting the game soon.

pro-tips for a new guy?

I'm already very competent at shooters in general and have played a lot of open-area ones.

So other than scavenging, what are some good strategies to adopt?

I want to get this game but I am afraid it will run like pure shit on my pc. I have a GTX 680 GPU and an AMD FX-8320 CPU. What kind of FPS can I expect at 1080p?

Everyone plays on very low so it will run fine

outside of early game or desperation care packages are suicide. respect the forcefield, no point in reviving outside of it, water provides good protection against bullets but your an easy headshot surfaced

Mein neger

Wtf man, I popped 4 energy dirnks, a painkiller, and 5 first aid kits which finally got me in the top 10 despite being far outside of the circle, and then this shit happened

damn thats gay

I had an UMP-9 with no attachments whereas the guy outside the house I was in was walkingaround in a ghillie suit. Didn't want to risk losing out on top 10, legit strategy yo!

had this happen to me too, wtf

Almost in top 10 but then the force field forced me over a bridge and I died :(

How can melee be fixed?

longer hit range
more damage
and guns would have to be rarer and you'd need to be able to carry less of them

ump is str8 i prefer uzi but with no attachments id rather have an ump

pan is fine, crowbar needs more range and should always 2 shot and the blade thing should always one shot

I'm going for the Van Darkholme -look. Any suggestions on improvements?

Everytime I restart my computer my in game volume either gets reset to super quiet or extremely loud even though my in game settings never changed. For example I would have it on 100 in game settings perfect volume, reset my computer and be ear fucked beyond belief when I enter lobby. Anyone have an idea on why this happens or how to fix it?

if u camp like a faggot every game you should just kys yourself

I only camp 99.9% of every game, so I'm fine

The game you're talking about is Arma 3

Do you like camping?

Do you like being killed by people you never even saw or had a chance of seeing?

Sure get it.

You'll be ok, just run everything except View Distance on very low and Google the launch options for steam to force DirectX 10 shaders and low memory. I play windowed at 1280x720 and get solid frames and chicken dinners, with your setup you might be able to push that.

>don't enter house
>killed by man crouching in bush

The only winning option is to not play.

Where is my summer sale discount, biatch.

or ya know hide in defilade

>tfw a guy with the 2 shot shotgun wipes your squad

the cqc king is between it and the uzi

So next week comes the vaulting system, right?

Uzi + Stock > S868 + choke > Uzi = S686 imo

Is this game a better version of H1Z1 and DayZ.

Might buy it. How are the mods btw?

>not putting your game on the summer sale

h1z1 has always been shit and it's a bit better than DayZ
>losing out on those sweet ruskie bux buying full price
never

>20 people left
>fully tricked out scar
>level 2 helmet, armour + ballistic mask
>8 kills this match
>excited as fuck best I've ever done
>check map for a split second
>instakill from kar98
you have to dump like five shots into someones body for a kill nerf headshots

Ballistic mask does nothing it's just clothing.

I agree headshots are a lil bonkers but I think it's mostly fine.

i did that last night in gatka, was a good feeling. rest of my squad missed the call for gatka, so i dropped with a whole enemy squad. Lucky for me they all approached separately or i would have been wasted.

It's not fine because it's basically the only way to kill someone 200m+ away

>devs remove sm4
>went from 45 fps to sub 30

Welp, time to go for another game until this games runs better.

>but you can reduce your resolution/screenscale
Tried that, cant spot shit in the horizon.

C ya fellas.

>Used to get above 100 FPS
>Now the game goes from 100 on the island to 40 during the drop and anywhere from 40-80 with massive swings in FPS

Tried everything from the SLI profile fix to launch options, to beta drivers. Nothing fixes this shit.

yee

not if the lighting is done correctly - check out rust

Just won my first solo game after 138h
I feel accomplished

>can't even download the update because normie sale killed steam servers

t-thanks

Prone rolling would be really easy to implement as well, just use the Q/E keybinds that are used for leaning when you're not prone.

But they MUST let you gather momentum rolling down hills.

But that's bullshit, the last major patch massively improved the client side performance for me. Went from 30-40 FPS on max settings to 50-60 FPS on max settings.

Meanwhile: I've seen over 50% reduction in FPS. And I have a fucking 4790k and 980 SLI.

An electric car.
Nearly silent compared to gasoline vehicles, with the downside that you can't recharge the battery so it has limited use compared to the vehicles that can be filled with gas.

>I've seen over 50% reduction in FPS.

post proofs

its weird mangs, my shit and my roomm8 got improvements while the rest of our squad was pissed