/scg/edg/ Star Elite: Citizen Dangerous General #172

Still Waiting edition

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.
>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/877646523705606144
youtube.com/watch?v=3l-epO6oUHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also nox

and no evocati :^)

I am not going to be tempted to give up my dragonfly for this right?

>warp into system on delivery run
>destination hub is a gorillion light seconds away
>40 minutes travel in real time
>mission expires before I can get there

i think it's race bike vs. cruiser, 1 seater "look at how fast i am" vs saddlebags and a friend (implying)

Yeah that's not a thing anymore.
Did you buy a mug while you were there?

Frontier, why did you delete my engineered shit?

yep, and the fact they didn't just say "next week" again or actually update the schedule with a new date makes me think this will be the big "Oops, we've been lying this whole time and we're actually months behind where we need to be to even start testing 3.0" announcement soon

no patch this week, ,but the ship.jpg sale will be right on fucking time as always.

Also I wonder if they'll be nice enough to actually tell us if this thing uses the same amount of space as a dragonfly, if it needs it's own unique docking mount etc before the sale starts

>frontier removes all exploit rolls
>half of the GCI pissed off as fuck and swearing to move onto SC/EVE/Dual Universe
>carebear explorers who used it for best drives also pissed
Exodus when?

>A better developer would take this as a sign that players fucking hate rng mods and that should instead they should change the system so you can chose the exact mods you want but with higher mat costs

Does Dual even have sort of playable content, even by Star Citizen standards yet?

Not yet, but hopefully it will. And there are games like it already out (Starmade, which is DU that looks like minecraft and has servers), so it should work.

FDev are fucking stupid though, and their stupidity is the reason a lot of the PVP community, including me, switched to EVE Online.

Seems pretty fat. The Dragonfly main body is quite small, but this thing looks like a brick.

I'd assume they need it have roughly the same footprint as the dragonfly for rigging and placement purposes so it needs to be close to the DF's full size including it's hover pads

They did? Hilarious. Maybe I'll start playing again.

What is that!?

New spacebike. Going on concept sale tomorrow, but apparently it's still going to be in 3.0?

Remember that the Dragonfly folds up for transport. The Nox is going to be a good deal smaller than th Dragonfly.

When is CIG gonna make it so ships don't maneuver like they're made of cardboard?

>NPCs always shoot your weapons down.

That silhouette looks sexy as goddamn fuck. More so than the fucking Dragonfly.
Who's the manufacturer, do we know?

This.

2.6 Came out at the very beginning of this year, we've had it for 6 months without 3.0 coming and they keep stripping features out of it. All it makes me think is they're scrambling to get SOMETHING out to make them not look totally incompetent and still failing at that

Aopoa, a Xi'an manufacturer. Same people who make the Khartu-Al.

>they didn't update the schedule before the day they update the schedule
no shit, retard.

2.0 came out Dec 2015. Aside from Grimhex, nothing has changed for over a year and a half. I'm loving the "open" development.

>Same people who make the Khartu-Al.
So it's gonna be shit, like all the other alien ships.

So I'm guessing the Nox would fit in a Hull B right?

>in
>a Hull B
"no"
I don't think they're gonna go with their "you can load ships into cargo crates" idea they mentioned around the time the Hull series came out either.

>Dragonflies and wicked space bikes
>for the price of snubs and no toe capability

Why not just taking the ship near the loots and load them?

The D'fly was shown for the first time in a crate. It wouldn't be unreasonable, but they only have size 1 containers now, so maybe when they have containers large enough.

>*towing capability

Also "ah shit the sniper killed me"

>what is racing
>what is fun
>what is aesthetic

>racing

On the ground? I hope you are right.

>the rest

Fun my ass! Whats the point of filling two thirds of a lancer's cargo with that thing if it offers no advantage?

>On the ground? I hope you are right.
There are open-canopy races where these are the only kinds of vehicles allowed.

>Whats the point of filling two thirds of a lancer's cargo with that thing if it offers no advantage?
It looks cool and bikes are fun to ride? Not everyone is an autistic min-maxer.

>Whats the point of filling two thirds of a lancer's cargo with that thing if it offers no advantage?
Don't you remember? The whole reason to have a ground vehicle was for the arbitrary "dangerous flight conditions" where you can't fly to your destination on a planet or moon. I'm not sure how that would apply to moons with no atmosphere, but there are still reentry animations when there is no atmosphere, so go figure.

>dangerous flight conditions

If thats true and flight is restricted, then towing hovers become important for land raiding. Problem is Im not seeing them carry boxes. Except the APC which is large as fuck.

>hey I know they don't even have basic cargo in the game yet but why don't they have this even more complicated mechanic yet
Can you stop being retarded for a minute?

>Problem is I'm not seeing them carry boxes.
That kind of is related to my curiosity about single seat ships without cargo like the racing ships. Is there going to be missions that don't require cargo space? Is recovering a black box a physical item, or just the data on it?

It was said in Q&A that no towing will be in the dragonfly and that it could carry just a shit box with a pair of weapons or something.

Therefore it carries shit. And the game needs a cargo version that actually fits in a lancer, because flying a caterpillar or a connie solo is expensive as balls and risky. Also the Misc Hulls cant load shit on the ground.

>why can't all the ships do everything???

My Harbinger can do everything!

>Also the Misc Hulls cant load shit on the ground.
Hulls would almost have to be able to carry a MPUV as cargo to be able to load thing from the surface or load from a station if the ship is already expanded and unable to dock.

>*cough

hopefully never, the constellation and retaliator already handle like they're four times their size. Ships don't need to turn like a fucking overworked barge moving through half hardened concrete to have a sense of "weight" in a video game.

Personally I don't want to have the time to get up, take a piss, and heat up a hot pocket and sit back down while waiting for a multi-crew ship to turn 90 degrees

Buy a Taurus, put the fucking APC in it and you are gold.

>hopefully never, the constellation and retaliator already handle like they're four times their size.
Nigger what, the Constellation turns on a dime and handles like it's made entire of air.

On this flight model it feels like shit. The Connie used to be able to turn a lot faster and had much higher acceleration. It was pretty silly before. The crew would have been liquefied from the g force.

Might work. Its a hauler for almost the same price of a MAX.

Just imagine that thing in atmosphere.
Beautiful.

I meant, last time there was a evocati patch delay they publicly updated the schedule about it three full days before the patch was suppose to drop, and even set a new release date for it. This time they waited until they only had 24 hours to go, only told the evocati about it via private forum, and didn't even try to state a new release date, just a "we'll tell you more friday". Basically, they're clearly way more behind than any one thought and CIG is finally dropping the pretense that their schedule means jack shit.

>CIG is finally dropping the pretense that their schedule means jack shit.
It's always been an internal development schedule. The dates are targets, not promises.

It's almost like there's no set "release date" for the Evocati patch.

not every place is going to be safe enough to land a ship at, and scanners wont be powerful enough to let you google maps the entire surface of a planet looking for shit.

Is there any significance to yesterday's commercial for AtV? Never seen that before. They must have been sitting on this one to have anything to show early for it.
Maybe you are reading a bit too deep. You know CIG would not say anything at all until they think they are close. Just mentioning it like that tacitly admits they are close. They would have pushed it last week otherwise.

data transport is a thing, so I'd assume you'd just download the data from the computer like the ICC missions already in game, but with longer travel time in-between.

>CIG says there's no evocati patch this week
>There's still an entire week left in their release window for the evocati patch
>hurr hurr CIG is way behind they don't have anything done the schedule is meaningless
Please kill yourself and don't breed.

>Taurus+Ursa/lynx/whatever the fuck has space and guns

Found the land raiding combo. Problem is.. I suck at FPS's. Havent played one since fucking CS 1.6 lool.

Not since a few patches ago. it flies like a starfarer despite being nearly half the mass.

That raises another question of how much data can you carry without a "data" ship?

Has CIG shown us any concepts of gameplay?

It seems like every AtV is just ship art and technical art.

The last thing I remember is the golf-swing mechanic for scanning, but that was a year ago. There had to be something since then, right?

inb4 CIG scraps and reworks the entire cargo mechanic to give us Cargo 2.0 which can handle info

twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/877646523705606144

>Trailer for shitty weekly show
What was meant by this?

only thing I can think of is the "internal thoughts" selection system, where you cursor over an intractable object and little prompts appear for you to click (ie open / close / shit yourself)

I'm pretty hyped for the interactable cockpits desu

trying to hype up the Nox sale for more $$$

to each his own, I just wanna fly the damn thing, not finger-fuck its toggles

I wish they'd save that stuff at least until the core gameplay is ironed out or until after release. Half of the ships still fly like bricks and need to be totally retuned

>ship customization

If they go the path of E:D or EvE (want new colors? give us 10 bucks) Im gonna die from an hearth attack.

Seriously, the faggotry with this one!

>want new colors? give us 10 bucks

CIG already does that

Yeah, but if they do once the game really starts to take shape... holy shit! Its not like they already broke a Guiness record with crowd funding or anything...

I really don't see how they're going to make raiding a thing

The "unsafe landing area" mechanic is silly bullshit that wouldn't make sense on most planets

Why would I land far away and drive to a target when I can just strafe it with my ship?

youtube.com/watch?v=3l-epO6oUHE

>49:30
>all those boxes

If you could hire a npc pilot and then ask him to fly away to a safespot while you are searching some space wreck it would be awesome as well. One of my greatest fears is that you can get killed while on EVA.

I'm worried about getting my ship blasted while I'm exploring.

Hopefully it'll be easy to hide ships if they're not powered on.

Do we have a patcher now, or does the game still require we download the whole thing all over again?

That annoys me with the current PTU

I go into a space station and come out to find my ship gone

>so I steal someone elses

Well, I'm thinking it'll be less of an issue as the PU gets bigger. The universe and planets are so big, you probably won't run into other players out in the verse very often, unless you got interdicted, or someone was explicitly tailing you.

Still, it could be a problem with big questing areas. Hopefully CIG uses their new modular mission system to spread mission objectives for different players out a bit geographically.

No idea, but it seems like in 29XX, hard drives are so shitty and small that the Herald neesd literal server farms added to the inside it to be a specialized "data runner", even though you'd think 800 years in the future. even just the basic computers on any ship would be more than enough to hold as much data as any planet or cooperation would ever possibly need transported at one time.

Basically Star Citizen's technology runs on Dune/Warhammer 40k logic but without any of the actual backstory to explain why it's so ass backwards and the tech is WWII in space tier.

Waiting on the "Whoops! We're 3 months behind!" update this week.

The really pick kinda dumb aspects to use as their creative restraint.
The moons are supposed to be fucking huge. As long as there is some way to navigate to a specific place, finding a hiding spot should be easy. Also presuming a powered off ship is hard to find from far away.

The page is up for the new shitbucket, is anyone here Gold enough to view it though?

3.0 is releasing after gamescom.
screencap this.

I doubt they're that far behind although Gamescom is in August so they'd want to have it live before then. One thing that's kind of reassuring is it seems like CIG have a couple of star systems beyond Stanton in some form of development with them showing off the Solar System editor in ATV I really wonder how long it'll take CIG to connect up multiple systems to Stanton once they're done with the tech they need for functionable star systems.

You are thinking on just players. NPC's are also a problem.

It's pretty trivial to program NPCs to not be cockbags.

Land gear.

What are the advantages of having light armor over heavy? Not a word on this yet? Or does the game have just one class of armor (heavy) and three aesthetic options (flight, light and medium)?

Stamina.

NPC's should be EvE tier cockbags. That way everyone gets accustomed to the multiplayer environment fast. Its just that during those times when you need to go out in eva that shits gets tricky, therefore there must be ways of preventing that with some caution (powering down ships for low sig or having a NPC crew flying to a safespot and returning on command). Otherwise it will be grand theft ship.

running stamina vs damage protection

When you see someone while turning a corner, stamina means shit.

>NPCs should be EVE tier cockbags
This would piss the dads off so much, I fucking love it, and so would "Dread Pirate Roberts".

Are EVA speeds different for different armors?

>hurr durr muh evasion vs defense
Fuck off retard, they both have pros and cons. That's the point.

From what space stations and indoor wrecks look like in the PU, most of the engagements seem to be close quarters. Unless ofc you are camping with a sniper like an huge faggot, but that can be done with just any armor.

And what if you want to get away, instead of fighting?

I thought you E:D guys got interdicted by NPC's all the time.

I used to play ED, but I don't anymore, because I was part of PVP community and got fucking tired of all the grinding I had to do in order to be competitive
I went over to EVE, and trust me, ED NPCs have nothing on EVE players.
Like those dicks who spend all day in high security space sitting on popular stations and blapping anyone they're at war with who docks or undocks. Or that one guy who started a pseudo-religious campaign of suicide attacks against all miners. Or those cunts who sit in interdictors on popular null security stargates cloaked and only decloak, drop a bubble (item that shuts down FTL drives within 20km and pulls ships that pass near it out of warp) and engage when something they can kill shows up.

Those long range sensors of the DUR and the Aquila. What is it that they do exactly? Do you need those to find wrecks and derelicts?

>Or the recon gang who hides at a FW plex

Yeah yeah, I know the drill.