Sp/o/ok Thread

To get in the spirit of Halloween, I request to hear everyone's horror stories from on the road.
Post scary car stories here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Dallas beltway traffic.
Also faggot OP not contributing to his own thread.

alright then i'll contribute.
>by myself driving home on rainy night
>no cars in front or behind
>radio on, national weather service predicts heavy flooding
>turn around bend
>bridge with overflowing water
>shit.jpg
>turn around
>drive a bit
>truck parked on side of the road
>blinkers are on
>slow down to get closer look
>a man in the passenger seat gets up, he's holding a fucking rifle
>NOPE.gif
>man gets out of passengers side throws beer bottle on the road holding his rifle
>safely get around corner
>1000 bricks shitted.png

>riding with my brother in his RX8
>he decides to show me his "drifting skills"
>goes almost full lock without giving the car any power
>just understeers for a few seconds
>tell him that he is understeering
>"yeah ok"
>wew

>be
>me
>driving down rural road at dusk
>surrounded by pine forest
>speeding because lol no one else on the road
>kangaroo pops out of nowhere
>NOPE
>slam on the brakes
>just barely scrape it as it jumps past

I guarantee this has happened to every australian.

>hitting a roo

that sounds way worse than a deer

For a long time I've wondered what an alternate universe where 'scrubbing' is cool and drifting is the mark of a rube would be like.

It fucking is. As someone who's hit both a deer and a roo, a roo is much worse. They're somehow fucking stupider than deer, while being basically a 60kg sack of bricks that travels faster and hits harder. I hit a roo in the same car I hit a deer in (my sister's 98 Corolla) and I drove off the deer collision with the front bumper dented and the hood a bug scuffed, but the roo wrote off the car.

>getting shot by a pissed off drunk
far more spooky and more likely than other worldly spooks.

Was he white?

>visiting family in Maine for a few weeks last November
>house is way out in the styx, pretty much the only humans for miles
>cousins decide to have some fun, break out the booze
>beer runs out before 7PM
>as the most sober person present I get elected the beer-run-guy
>closest liquor store is about an hour round trip, but it's open until 8
>more than a bit tipsy but whatever, it's not like I'll run into anyone on the road
>take my cousin's beat to shit old Cherokee because I didn't want to risk damaging my shiny new Accord
>get on the road, wobble my way out to the store
>takes about half an hour as expected
>get five cases of the least crappy beer I could find and two bottles each of gin, whiskey and vodka (I have a lot of cousins)
>oddly the drive back only takes about ten minutes
>hold the fuck up, all the windows are dark, they wouldn't have gone to bed already
>calculating
>realize I pulled up to the wrong house, must've taken a wrong turn somewhere
>whatever, I'll just use my cousin's offline GPS
>have to piss like a racehorse, place looks abandoned so I pick a tree and let 'er rip
>about halfway through my whiz I hear incoherent yelling behind me
>spin around with my dick out, piss flying everywhere
>crazy old man is standing about 30 feet away screeching at me with a varmint rifle pointed at my face
>holy fuck
>book it for the jeep, still pissing everywhere
>get in and fuck off with all my might
>probably hit 100+ on the way back, never looked at the dash though
>get back, act like nothing happened
>party goes on
>wake up with a massive hangover to my cousin asking my why there was a bullet hole in his windshield
>"I dunno man, it wasn't there last night"

>be me
>on trip with friend in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
>on our way back from copper harbor
>2 am on highway
>haven't seen another car in over 45 minutes
>Camry begins having this really rough steering issue
>we pull over to examine the power steering fluid level
>dumbass friend decides it would be good idea to shut off car and turn headlights off.
>we both go silent as we realize there is literally no noise at all, and can only see the silhouette of the tree line.
>both hop in the fucking car like a couple of cucks and get the fuck out of there.

I just got back from taking a long drive down back roads with the headlights off, I guess that was pretty atmospheric.
It's been really damp all day, and as it cooled down with sunset, the drizzle turned into a thick mist.
Going down through valleys between hills hundreds of feet high, climbing up steep passes and just etting the shortest glimpse of hills silhouetted against the sun just setting behind clouds and rain; like so many islands in a murky lake, then plummeting back down into dark primordial woods and narrow twisted roads.
Later on, when the sun had gone down far enough that I couldn't see it even from the tops of hills,
going along a road set into the side of a hill far above a flat expanse of land; looking down and seeing the lights of farmhouses through the mist and darkness like the lights of drowned ships, going through towns without names, seeing signs for counties I didn't recognize.

Around 7:45 I stopped beside a small lake (possibly the bank of a slow-moving river, don't know, I couldn't see out far enough to tell, even with car's headlights) sit outside and eat some of the food I had with me.

Driving at night with the headlights off is one of my favorite things in life.
You lose all sense of direction, but at the same time, without that bright blob of light ahead of you to focus on, you have no choice but to see the world around you.
Getting lost on purpose at night takes you places you just can't seem to find in the day, sometimes you'll be driving through forest, then suddenly feel the road go out into empty space, like you're just hanging off the edge of the world.
Towns out in the forests appear and disappear as they please, and at night is when the strangest towns and other things are there for you to see.
I passed by an old car stopped by the side of the road with its hazards on, it looked like it was from the '50s, front passenger door open, no-one but me out there for miles.
You just don't see that kind of thing in daylight.

beautiful

>sitting at red light
>turning lanes go first
>watch in awe as the woman in front takes off late
>shes looking down at her phone during the turn
>the next 3 cars that passed before the others got stuck were all women looking down at their phones

Freaks me out more than anything. I live in the south too which means that "TUFF GIRLS DRIVE BIG TRUGS" exists. Im watching these zombies drive 3 ton muder-mobiles.

>O Spook.jpg
are you kidding, that looks comfy as hell to drive

youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM

you write like a fag

c/o/mfy

do people like this actually exist?

if you can imagine it and it doesn't break the laws of physics, chances are it has existed or will exist at some point

Not too spooky when youre in a vehicle you trust, but heres what my hour long drive back from work looks like. Usually only see a couple other cars.