/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Go ahead I'll be back at camp playing with my virtual pet

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jbhD9FjLU2k
youtube.com/watch?v=m-NgHh36_vU
youtube.com/watch?v=__QdAxqBi5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Hot/Cold Drinks
Defend this.

add 6 to the Japanese demo release date.

MHW is going to be fun!
But frankly, since the reveal, the more info they give us the less hyped I get.

>prowlers dont need cold drinks
explain

To that guy who recmmened Hunterverse. THANK YOU! It actually works fine.

what the fuck is hunterverse user?

Basically a platfrom where you can play online with other players through PPSSPP. Currently playing FU, connection seems stable enough. Did one hunt with one guy just now.

The fur protect them from cold and hot.

thanks

>reach Dreadqueen VI
>all lobbies are filled with HR5~6 people that can't even join that quest
I just want to reach X, why does it have to be so hard

MHW trailer was in the top 10 trailers of E3 overall. Game is going to be the best game in the series.

Just solo it! You can do it user!

15th for there's no escape from Monkey Hunter
The Obi will return to latch itself onto people's clownsets once more

Monster Hunter 5 leaked

Capture quests ain't what they used to be...

My friends and I are so stoked! Finally! A MH game we can play on a tv and not worry about hand and neck cramps!

How does the Sheathing skill interact with Brave?

I hope they trash the skills of that set so that I never have to see that gaudy yellow EVER again

Just killed Barroth , first time really playing Monhun , and I'm playing 3U on Wii U; been using great sword the whole game but I switched up for a poison long sword

How the fuck do I get better with LS? What the hell is that little meter under my health now? How do the combos work? Got carted for the first time on Barroth using this piece of shit

I curb stomped him right before this using my Vulcanis. Should I go back to just using GS? Should I try a new weapon out? What do y'all think?

Bout to take on Gobul for the first time ever, any clever advice

I suck nigger dicks at this game

You gay, son?

Helmet visibility toggle

Got a 4U room open if anyone is interested. Got my ass handed to me by Chameleos.

Go and craft yourself some clothes, Hunter. You disgrace the Guild with your conduct.

It's gold.

A sequel to >create my own lobby
>two people forget cold drinks
>faint twice each to the bleed+poison+heat (someone had insurance)
>quest failed

I JUST WANT TO FINISH THIS LINE, FUCK

>he doesn't like wearing yellow
virgin fashion detected

Is there a way I can hug a monster instead of killing it?

65-8806-0997-5540
Release me from this nightmare that is Dreadqueen, it's impossible to play this with randos

>Shakas will never return
Why live?

Back when everyone was playing Hot Monkey Dick 4U I saw constant complaints in the general about how it had such good skills on it but mixed horribly with everything. Now people love it, apparently.

Thanks Ghostwrite for carrying me through some G-rank.

4U Room is still open for any takers for another hour.

Scratch that, 3DS is dying.

So what exactly is the role of a switch axe? What do you aim for?
I'm playing P3rd and switching between hammer and SA, and while I can really easily figure out what to do with the hammer (and as a result when I'm doing well or not), with switch axe I just feel like I should just be attacking the monster non stop and be in sword mode for as long as possible without having to reload.

pure dps and mindless fun

yeah that's pretty much it, you just mash attack with switch axe

Check your map, doodle!

>short hait
CUTE

>hait
i meant hair

New guild babe is cute, I hope we see more of her

Charge Blade is what switchaxe was supposed to be.

Lots of little mechanics and options that let you deliver lots of damage combinations and also having the versatility of movement.

But SwitchAxe ended up being" >Buff yourself with everything. Get into sword mode and spam X

Its even more braindead with hunter arts because you dont even need axe. Ode to reload. Just reload with the hunter art

>give axe mode decent movement speed
>make each attack recover more gauge
>make each sword attack deplete more gauge
>make gauge not recover over time, remove reload, and remove needing to have more than half gauge to switch to sword mode

fixed your weapon senpai, you're welcome

When?

guys, her face is fucking ugly

>her face is not anime
ftffy

Does someone want to give me a hand with G Ballfuck's urgent?

It looks fine.

weeb detected

I'll help if you don't mind waiting a few minutes. In a Rajang event hunt at the moment.

gay

Sure, i'll set up a room

65-1718-6609-2111 with the normal password

Not as gay as your opinion.

way gayer, faggot.

What is it about hellblade quests that make small monster super aggressive? They are beta orbiters to their fucking death in every area.

>Water Cannon Brute Wyvern
Very interesting idea indeed!

Thanks. I managed to solo up to there but I'm not good enough to deal with it without making new armor.

No problem. I'm still rusty against Valfak so it was good practice for me.

The wing spin always gets me, at least it doesn't do much damage.

Same here. You have to superman dive through that one most of the time.
Rarely do you just happen to be in a good spot to not get dinged by it.

I just don't like it in general. Now to struggle making an end of G set.

Can you soft reset for melding, or does it have to be before the quest you do that processes the meld?

Even nippon cuties are considering buying mhw

youtube.com/watch?v=jbhD9FjLU2k

>EEEH
>EEEEEEH
>EEEEEEEEEEEEH

>close video

Is there something I'm missing as a gunner? I've got critical distance down and where I'm supposed to hit, but it seems like these TAers are just doing considerably more damage than me in fewer shots.

youtube.com/watch?v=m-NgHh36_vU
provides similiar amount of information

She's cute but this is just the opinion of one person who kind of seems to be a scrub anyway. Was hoping it'd be more of a video looking at actual message boards and all that shit

I don't know what to do when blademastering Gammoth. I can't see shit. Worst monster design ever.

I'm trying to play a bit with Dreadqueen's set on MHX and I need someone with more experience than me here

Consider the Dreadqueen set + Deathprize as the weapon, replacing the headgear with Sword Saint Earrings for automatic Mind's Eye

Then, considering a perfect Blunt +6 Dreadqueen +2 OOO talisman, it would fill up Dreadqueen for the headgear, while Blunt would reach +10 with the help of a few jewels (A Blunt Jwl 2 for +3 Blunt in Deathprize and a Blunt Jwl 1 for +1 in the talisman)

The main problem here is that, without the headgear, Crit Status only reaches +8 and Critical Eye only reaches +12. Crit Eye can go to +15 with an Expert Jwl 2 on the talisman, but that still leaves Crit Status out there

What should I do? Focus the talisman on supplying what the headgear lacks and throw away the Blunt idea? What other combination of talisman and jewels could be used here?

attack legs basically, head when it's down/staggered

Have fun trying to mount it without bugstick/aerial style though

Really, just get a bowgun or something, Pierce round fuck his shit right up

Thanks for these user, very interesting to read.

Gammoth is basically one of the simplest monsters, but he's also annoying because of that simplicity.

>cuties
She's fugly. You need better taste.

>he

>has

>no

when?

are there any actually good MH youtube channels that I could watch to learn how to git gud ? Doens't need to have any guides or any commentary either, just some speed kills or something of this sort is enough

Pretty much most nip speed kill solo videos.

Gaijin "Put The Her in Striker" Hunter

Is this as good as it gets for Aerial?

>literally my arguments for realism and against transmog
lel

>is no crit meme good

>By tossing in a fantasy-themed creature into this "realistic" world, it really makes the Kirin stand out.
Huh.

Rly mks me fink

if cats got their mafumofu armor in MHW, I hope hunters get them as well

>It's revealed you can actually pick your town

Snowy mountains map confirmed?

I doubt it, but I just hope the town is as comfy as Pokke is

youtube.com/watch?v=__QdAxqBi5Y

It's a new continent, so all brand new areas. Legacy maps might comer later as DLC or some shit

So the other granny obviously has her sale inventory in hers, but what does the cat granny have in her enormous backpack?

That's horrifying.