/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans.
-You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.

>Switch
[Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other vulnerabilities have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>Vita
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds-guide.b4k.co/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)
3ds-guide.b4k.co/finalizing-setup
jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/job/Luma3DS-
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for OP is shit at making threads

Here are my suggestions for the b4k user

Remove the Discord spam at the top of each page ("For support in English, ask for help at Nintendo Homebrew on Discord")

In 3ds-guide.b4k.co/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher) remove
>Remove your SD card from your device, leaving it on the Homebrew Launcher, then insert your SD card into your computer
and add
>Make sure to be in the Homebrew Launcher
after
>Reinsert your SD card into your device
(this step is really confusing to those who don't understand what they're doing, it makes it sound like they NEED to be in hbl, when that isn't the case. it's a failed attempt at making things easier)

In the last part of the guide, 3ds-guide.b4k.co/finalizing-setup just move everything that isn't installing FBI, installing B9S to NAND (and maybe installing hbl_loader, even though you don't even need it anymore, particularly once they let Rosalina save your choices) to the bottom of the page as optional steps. Make the user move boot.firm to NAND using FBI.

And expand upon the "it will break more things than it fixes" bit so that hopefully the guy stops shitposting, even though he'll probably just look out for more excuses.

not an argument.

I just got a used cfw n3dsxl- It's on luma3ds and 11.2 right now. What is b9s? Is there a link on 3ds.guide for upgrading a9lh/luma to b9s?

Anyway to install ever oasis without removing my sd card? I dont have my computer with me

I don't see anything wrong with the current OP. Let me guess, he didn't use the pic you begged him to use like last thread, right? Kek.

Read the OP or fuck off back to where you came from, retard.

You could do it with a QR code if you had a direct link to the .cia
or FBI through wifi

>Let me guess, he didn't use the pic you begged him to use like last thread, right?
Absolutely.

And remove the warning telling people to stay on b9s 1.0. It has a fatal error with loading payloads. 1.2 is much much more stable.

happy now?

Cool, why couldn't you do it before even starting the entire conversation? This is your only decent post so far, because it actually includes something meaningful.

>this shouldn't have any effect on normal usage
oh, so shit nobody gives a fuck about then. lmao.

>why couldn't you just spoon feed me right away? I can't possibly expected to read something I want to know myself!

Why should I spoonfeed everytime some ignorant faggot asking for sauce?

I want to execute arbitrary code on a Wii, 3DS and Wii U, so brick protection is mandatory. On a 4.3 ~2008 Wii, BootMii was installed as boot2 and a NAND backup was created. From a a9lh (11.2.0-35U sysNAND) + Luma 6.6 Old3DS, GodMode9 created, as per the b4k(dot)co guide, a NAND backup. FlimFlam69 says redNAND adds brick protection via a 64GB SD card (5.5.1 black Wii U), but the process could brick it. Will it only brick if I can’t follow instructions or is it inherently unsafe (like Coldboot Haxchi)? I plan to install Haxchi for Mocha CFW with redNAND plus Brazilian, and I might move to Cakes or Corbenik since they’re more dev-focused than Luma.
Is there anything else I’m missing? How good are emu/redNANDs for brick protection in general?

You know what else has no effect on normal usage? Luma 8.0. But doesn't stop you faggots from crying about that.

It's not spoonfeeding, it's shitposting without a source hoping people think you're saying something meaningful (even though you aren't, because your posts are devoid of any actual content)

So when is Luma 8.1 coming, with region amulation fixed? What is tranny doing this whole time??

>launch game
>ERROR SHUT DOWN YOUR CONSOLE
>n-no! there's no problem!
Stop posting, Tux.

>it's shitposting without a source hoping people think you're saying something meaningful (even though you aren't

>you shouldn't tell people to use 1.0, it has critical problems
>what problems?
>the problems is documented in the archive
>waaaah i cant read spoonfeed me im retarded
>fine, here is the problem
>t-that doesn't count. y-you didn't say anything that matters!!
The only shitposter here is you.

Region emulation was fixed over a week ago now. It's not his fault you don't update.

>>t-that doesn't count. y-you didn't say anything that matters!!
That never happened. The retard kept avoiding questions even before that.

>what shitposters pretend the problem is
You can't run any games at all on 8.0!!!!!!!!!

>what the actual problem is
Region emulation is bugged on 8.0 stable but was fixed in a nightly build forever ago.

>You can't run any games at all on 8.0!!!!!!!!!
A lot of games don't launch. Not all of them, but a lot do.

>Region emulation is bugged on 8.0 stable
No, it isn't. That's one of the problems, but not the only one.

>but was fixed in a nightly build forever ago.
This is true, the problems have been fixed, which is why the guide we have in the OP links to a proper build instead of the "stable" bugged one.

It was an official luma release?

Why people are still getting errors?

Because shitposters here are retarded and don't keep up with nightly builds because they just want to complain instead of playing games.

>win8 was shit
>win8.1 fixed everything and made it an os better than even 7 and xp
>mfw waiting on luma 8.1
guys, I can feel it. this will be the version of luma that makes it worth it. if you update past 8.1, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot. don't fall for the luma 10 meme.

Because retards use the latest """stable""" version plaifag links to.

Guess i should update since we have legacy on b9s 1.2. Speaking of legacy. Is it also compatible with b9s 1.0? I ask to see if i can do the upgrade prosses in 1 go with FTP on my n3ds.

Everytime I see this this thing I get closer and closer to watching it to just to know who the hell she is.

Is there a way to patch Wii u games into a region?

Ps4 4.71.
This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.

updated

So posited this idea in a past thread

What if the bans from the past weeks were Nintendo just testing their capability to detect and ban CFW/modified system users without getting legitimate users caught in the crossfire?

If it failed and they ended up banning innocents as well, they could play it off as an error on their end and no one is the wiser. But if it succeeded (which it seems to have done) then now they know their method is sound, and they can now apply that same method of detection to other things, like system updates, connecting to Nintendo's servers, or just running newer games. I think those bans were just a taste of what's to come for all of us at some point in the future.

why aren't all cfw users banned then though there are a lot that did the exact same thing as others and didn't get touched

threadly reminder that we're never going to know the reason for the bans

Probably stuck to a small-ish sample size of systems.

Less work to fix everything if the test is a flop, and a little more plausible deniability ('oh it was just a server error affecting a small amount of users, should be fixed now')

Where can I download nightly and why it's blocked in luma updater?

is there a way for me to get around patching every time I start my wiiu to play other region games?

There is, you need to buy a game at e shop though

Did that user that said he was gonna undub the Echoes DLC ever make any progress?

Switch cfw Soon™

Does anyone have a mail dump of the latest version of Skullgirls so I can play online?

*mai

BUMPOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Ever Oasis problem?
Download this and just replace the boot.firm from your sd
jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/job/Luma3DS-

Legacy/7/artifact/out/boot.firm

Set Luma 7.1 to Enable loading external firms and modules,Enable

game patching,Show NAND or user string in System Settings.

Then Luma Local Switcher-rvn and switch Ever Oasis to EUR region

For A9LH just skip the boot.firm part

>not just updating with a nightly

If HBL is the cause of why people were banned, would that be a serious issue for scene? I don't mean to fix, but if we could no longer use HBL safely. Would that make piracy and other homebrew app impossible to if a person cared about not being banned?

I tried that before and it didn't work,would be better to wait for 8.1 at least.8.0 rushed release and everyone knows it.

SWITCH CFW WHEN

I already coded it myself

Why? there's no games yet

Give it like 2 years to get games and then start hacking it.

astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS

Blocked because some idiots downloaded a broken nightly forever ago and blamed the creator of the updater for "bricking" them.

>Using 7.1 instead of a nightly or sciresm's build

We already confirmed that it works with the latest nightly and sicresm's build, stop being a retard, user.

Why would you want bloatware 8.0? TuX fuck off

Nobody uses Luma nightlies because they've historically been buggy shit

>using luma updater

Why do you people keep fucking with things when the thing you already have just werks?

>IT'S OKAY WHEN FALLOUT 4 MODDERS DO IT

this

ok so i have luma 6.6 and i'm using the guide to update from a9lh to b9s but when i power on my 3ds after inserting the sd card, i just get a black screen, what do?

user did you not read my post 3 above yours? God damn it user don't do it!

In 5 hours

How's your RPGs coming along, /hbg/?

You've been making RPGs right?

well how would i go back then? i already deleted the files that i had

Is it normal that the n3dsXL ips screen has colder colors?

Also that is more stretched than I initally thought of.

>2 hours later and no response
>instead we get more shitpost
Fucking epic

just use either the latest nightly or the sciresm build, don't overcomplicate everything

yes

Im not complicating anything. Im asking if legacy works on b9s 1.0 so i can just do the full upgrade to 1.2 in 1 go since in the guide says i need to change the firm to make my shit work. If legacy can still work even after the upgrade then it saved me a change. Since all i have is frp currently

alright thank you !

Still I played pokemon and some of the text is kinda blurry that´s also normal right?

after ps4 cfw

Is the left one supposed to be better?

so looks like I need to install Luma 8, where do I get the sciresM version or the 7.1 version?

I'm still so fucking confused by this ips shit. Mine looks somewhere inbetween these, but leaning towards the ips side.

If I twist my 3ds to the side I get a little bit of washed outness, but then if I rotate it towards me so the top right corner is pointing towards my eyes all the washed out goes away

run 3dsident

double TN o3dsxl reporting in
;_;

additional to this question In the b9s tutorial people wrote: I should just take my sd card out while the system launched on the HBL and then put the safehax stuff inside, but isn´t it easier to put it before I launch in the HBL ?

>dual ips
Neat. Thank you pokemon n3ds.

I'd kill myself if I had to use an o3ds desu. Used my friend's when it launched and that thing is molasses. Also all o3ds have tn I think

What's the risk of getting banned with the latest method?

I'm still stuck on the old sysNAND/emuNAND set up with Cakes and I'm itching to play Monster Hunter 4U online.

Just turned on my 3DS for the first time in like 6 months.

Is it safe to update my emunand to 11.4?

which one is which?
which one is the better one?

I need an IPDS yes or yes in 4.81? ps3 ofc

Are you sure it removes the Arm9/Arm11 data abort issues completely?I've had multiple games sit themselves on 8.0 that are running smooth again when I rolled back.

Is there any way of changing a 3DS's device ID? Not the serial number located in secureinfo_A, but the device ID?

why does the 3ds guide recommend to do the nand back up after everything is done? shouldn´t it be done on the beggining?

Also how can I delete b9s now?

Because it sucks cock.

yeah that used to be a requirement when we needed to downgrade for a9lh. I'm guessing the reddit crew deems b9s infallible and just stopped giving a shit. maybe it's time to fork an actual inJUSTed version of the guide.

Why wouldn't you want a backup after everything is said and done? The whole point of having a backup in the first place is to recover from a brick. So having one AFTER is just as good.

One from before works too.

It's so that you can use it directly after you restore the nand without configuring it all over again.

backups are always good, I don't think anyone can disagree with that. not making a backup before installing b9s (any current entrypoint) is dumb and should be explained in a guide specifically written for retards. that's all I'm saying.

To be fair I haven't looked at the guide in ages because mine is already hacked so I don't know what's actually written.

>Look up the latest hack method

>It's significantly easier than before

You mean I don't have to travel back in time to make a clone of my 3DS anymore?

What's the fucking catch. It can't be that easy.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy DS flashcarts that ships to Canada?

The catch is now you have 50% chance to get banned.

The latest cfw is garbage, and the nightly versions have history as being unstable garbage.

So when is the tranny updating the cfw to allow for out of region shit to function? Any non region free foreign game just crashes when you try to load. How did it even get fucked up?

Well that's a deal breaker

I'm still on an emuNAND set up with Cakes. Can I safely update that and play online? I don't want to deal with the a9hl bullshit just to get a faster boot time