Final Fantasy XIV General - /xivg/

Less drama, more MSQ Edition.

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/XrCg42ub

Preliminary DPS numbers (current performance does not indicate the direction of future adjustments)

Previously on /xivg/: →

xth for i miss you

>level to 50
>unlock sam and rdm
Now I have no idea what to play anymore.

is this glam anime enough

Who is Pipin's mother?

MRD/WAR is still the easiest low level dungeon tank with its AoE, I'd go with that.

Who could he be?

Where are all the Highlander girls at?

The son that would inherit the throne?
Zenos was the problem child.

Highlanders don't have girls.

>Gaius about to perish in the explosion
>suddenly Zodiark personally spirits him away to the moon
>he proceeds to explain everything
>his eyes opened, Gaius becomes an Ascian to serve as Zodiark's messenger

Not actually an ascian and a garlean, probably. Would make sense why the top half of his head would be such a surprise.

And probably this at the same time

I hope this is the case if only so that the Ascians don't turn out to just be explicitly evil for no reason. We already had that with Zenos, so I'd rather the game's story be concluded with a war of ideology more than anything, kind of like FF12.

SB gear is the most anime

What a lovely map this is

Its so friendly

Who want to get into a shitty gay e-relationship?

Will they ever make DoL/DoH Jump Potions?

I don't see friendly at all, I see pain.

pst

How's ninja at level 70? I currently have one at level 52 but it's still a bit too slow for my taste. I'm also digging RDM so far so I'm contemplating which one to level first

its unnecessary to the core game experience and errs more on p2w so no

>Kiki "Bisexual Asexual" Bongripper here

Fuck, is there a second code to enter for the SB expansion? When are they turning off the early access? Where can I get this SB code?

It matters where you ordered it from. Check your email or if you got it on steam than its in your steam keys.

Early access turns off on the 23rd

Get armor crush at 54 before deciding

I'm having the exact same issue though.

I ordered the actual box and shit, I'm supposed to have it Saturday I believe.

Fuck, that's terrible timing then.

I mained NIN all of HW and have it 70 now and am loving it. It plays fantastic at 70.

pst kirito tia

I got mine by e-mail yesterday but I bought the digital version. I'd assume your key comes with the box unfortunately.

Kirito I know, but what anime is Tia from?

>Ugly bitch tells us Zenos acquired powers to rival a primal!
>everyone acts like this is s big fucking deal "omg what do we do now?!"
>meanwhile I'm sitting here "Nigger do you know how many primals I killed so far? Why are you flipping your shit like that? Calm the fuck down"

I loved the MSQ so far but the writers do some silly shit some times.

What is the best mount for a samurai warrior?

>he has the power to rival a primal
>that power being a primal

CAT() PRIDE!

Zenos straight-up defeated you unlike anyone else, they had every right to be concerned.

Yeah, most likely. I'll try to get the code before I get the box, I might be lucky. I ordered the box to save money, one day loss isn't much.

fugly

Yeah but I gotta say as a RDM he didnt even come close to killing me both times. He just has some bullshit enrage mechanic that after a while you automatically lose, I was healthy as fuck I could fight him for hours.

chocobro, he's your loyal retainer

No

who is this meowboy...

the weather in yanxia is comfy

as master race paladin i never broke a sweat. if the fight didnt have an enrage to make you auto lose, I would have worn him down eventually.... just give me another 60 minutes

I'm but a frail elderly woman...

Do I just give up on WAR and pick PLD?

xth for comfy msq adventures

The sabotender katana is neat-o

>master race paladin
>picture of a warrior
Heresy.

my shitposting folder is missing from my phone... its all i had...

Jump potion nu-tanks can't tell the difference...

Is it possible to make a good looking fem lizard?

>wanted him to fucking die already
>get to the end of the dungeon
>"No, not like this"

Moshi moshi?

You'd have to be trying pretty hard to make an ugly one.

dumb phoneposter

>You'd have to be trying pretty hard to make an ugly one.
You're on balmung, you know that's not true

MCH might be worthless in PvE, but it's ridiculously goon in PvP.

tfw cats are the most powerful race in the world
There's a lot of cute ones

I've never seen a female lizard that wasn't at least passable.
Unless it was made to look like shit on purpose, of course.

"I still love you, you know."

Guess who?

not your crush thats for sure

Fuck off retard

Thank you for reminding me about my ex. I've been trying to forget her for the past 6 months, you're not helping.

What color should I make my demon girl samurai?

Red.

And is Kupo Corps recruiting?
Any officer online I can message ingame?

>my inventory full
>both retainer inventories full
Help. I have no idea what I should dump.

The only thing Machinist brings that has a leg up on bard (arguably) is dismantle. So our Raid utility is naturally lower accordingly. Which would be fine if our personal DPS is higher. But it's not.

The fact that you have to run a flawless game not to surpass but to COMPETE for last place against people who don't even know how their optimal rotation should go is unacceptable. And I try to not care so much about that lack of performance, but I feel it in every content I do.

Feel it hard in savage when I see myself in last place and that stings hard when I've got an optimal rotation and don't make a single mistake in reference to QR and CD usage. Feel it in dungeons, aoe ability is shit. Nerfed spread shot, super nerfed rook turret, nerfed hypercharge, and flamethrower is a marginally better grenado shot (which was removed) on a 60 second cooldown. Feel it when I'm helping somebody lower level. It's especially worse in the 52 to 60 range. No gauss barrel, no grenado, just a heat mechanic that's worthless but is a dps loss not to engage in and a single nerfed aoe ability. Shit takes forever.

I like what they've done with the class but as things go it's not really fun to play it for some reason, despite how engaging I find it.

rent a retainer :^)

because it isn't rewarding, if it was hard as hell but the payoff was fantastic, it would be fun to play if the prize was being top dps or second for it

buff overheat to 40%

FT is actually worse than grenado shot. With Grendado shot you still had your auto attack, with FT your auto attack is turned off. That makes it a horrendous ability by itself.

Do lizard girls have scales down there?

How do I make a cute Elezen

WOW lewd ouo

No makeup. That's it really

What time do the daily roulettes reset? I thought it was 9est but apparently not

11 est

resets at midnight jst

It's 11 EST.

Hey guys!

I just started out this game as a conjurer, but I want to try out the dark knight. Am I still able to try it out when I hit 50 or should I reroll something else? I like both tanking and healing so I'd try to avoid rolling a pure dps class.

Can anyone tell me what a PLD rotation looks at 70?
Unsure of which tank to play and pld was so boring before.

You can try it at 50 no matter what you level, it has no prerequisite other than that level on a combat job and being able to access the HW town where the quest is.

Thanks

eb me.....

Ah, sweet! Thank you :)

How long am I looking at to get to 50, do you think?

do you like catboys?

On the new server omega you have huge bonuses for lvling a new character, you should try that out and you will get to 50 in no time. You can transfer later if you want.

Torilla tavataan

You'll be 50 before you unlock the town, there are quite a lot of quests once you get to 50 before it opens. It's a fair amount of hours, couple days worth at least.

Cats are dumb

are those cumstreaks

Being a SCH is just suffering now. What were they THINKING? They took away EVERYTHING. I've NEVER seen a job so totally fucked like this before. Maybe at launch, sure, but never an established job that's been around for years.

Did a SCH molest Yoshi as a child or something, and he just recovered the repressed memories?

This picture is just the right amount of smug.
never ever...

Sounds good! I'm on omega right now so yeah. As for all the quests, at leasts it's days not weeks. Worst case I can chuck 15 dollarinos at it, right?

>He plays video games during midsummer

Tapa ittes erp homo

I'm gonna trick a dumb catboy into filling me up with kitties!

why did they ruin WHM?

worst healer now

nyo...

are those menstrual streaks?

Can I apply to a FC when I'm already a part of one?

>rerolled to AST right before SB
feels good desu