Car to income ratio

I'm sick of driving my diesel soccermom van shitbox and want a spanking new car, that ticks all my boxes. It's worth slightly less than 7 months of my income, but I'm really really tempted.

How fucking crazy would it be to purchase it? For context, I'll add I don't have any debt, but my expenses are rather high.

How much and what car Op?

The new BMW 6 series GT 640i (I have two kids).

It's about 110k USD with my options and where I live (yay Poland +19% tax on every engine over 2 liters), and I would be able to write off about 30% off taxes as I would claim this a company vehicle, so in the end I'd pay around $75k USD.

hngggg

bump

How steady are jobs in poland? My biggest concern would be losing a job and still having a payment.

I employ people in a industry that seems to be on the rise, and most of our clients come from abroad, so I'm not super concerned with that. Even if things go south, I have a small buffer and would be able to react accordingly (meaning getting rid of the car) before shit hits the fan.

Post your actual income and expenses. I bought a 20k '17 Civic, making only 34k/year, but my other expenses are low.

Are you a sole proprietor?

Looks just like a 5 series GT.

>I bought a 20k '17 Civic, making only 34k/year,
And I thought buying my $15k '16 Corolla while making 40k/year was absolutely retarded

Just go to a junk yard and scrap together a car. It's not too hard or expensive, just takes time.

I take home about 12-15k depending on the month and I hope that'll increase by at leat 15% next year.

My expenses are around 3-4k, and my wife also has some income (around 2k after taxes per month)

So Veeky Forums, do I have your blessing?

Totally not the case, especially in case of the interior. I think it's the perfect family car.

Oh, and the payment would be around 1.7k monthly, after I pay 30k upfront (and then another 30k after 36 months)

It really depends on how much you have left at the end of the month, after you paid all your regular expenses. But if what you're saying it true you should be more than able to afford a car like that.

well then, fuck this, I'm getting a 6 GT!

Anybody who buys a car newer than two years old is a sucker.

If you can't pay cash for an item four times over then you can't afford it

I though it was two times. Sounds like OP can afford the car though.

you can call me that, unfortunately I won't be able to hear you, the sound-proofing in the 6 series is amazing, even more so considering the frameless windows.

I very well know I can't afford it, but I don't think that's going to stop me.

if you will have 3500*12 in savings/liquid assets after the two 30k payments why not

if everyone followed this, the car industry would be gone in an instant

where did the 3500 come from?

3-4k monthly expenses

I make 40 k a year, have 3 cars, a pickup, 3 trailers, 3 motorcycles a one ton dump and a motorhome.

All are on the road save for one Volvo needing brakes, the motorhome needing fuel lines and one is a parts bike.

Do whatever the fuck you want