/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and teaser:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
[YouTube] A Stranger Journey Awaits in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
[YouTube] Nintendo Switch: New Shin Megami Tensei Teaser

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1P-K5JC_pdA
aqiu384.github.io/smt4a-tool/skills
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Poor, poor son of man

Fuck, forgot to fix the Youtube links.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=1P-K5JC_pdA

2nd best boy

I'm going to end you.

Sorry about that. I was too busy posting hoys for the other user and only noticed we were already on page 8 so I hastily made the OP.

I miss the hoyposting when we were on the verge of dying.

I keep getting my ass whooped by *record scratch* what should I use as my party? currently using Izanami, Krishna and Demiurge

>verge of dying
hah

It's more a case of what skills you have and not about who you have with you. Who is your main damage dealer? Do you have Dekaja/Dekunda/Luster Candy/Magaon ready? Who's your Megami?

what if he's on Bonds and he still suck?

Could happen I guess. I have no way to know how different it is in terms of difficulty though, since I only went with Massacre.

I got rid of magaon just before and it was a mistake. Krishna has some force magic and buffs and debuffs, Izanami has dekaja and dekunda and with mediarahan, thunder gods and concentrate. Demiurge is bit bad because I mainly fused him for Anticthon so he should be replaced. Also I fell for the bonds meme but I use Asahi

I recommend you fuse a demon with Magaon then and maybe Healing Knowhow so you have another item user ready. And remember to keep hitting *record scratch*'s second form with Flynn's Godslayer's Sword to make him weak to all elements.

What build/skills you have on your Nanashi?

Demiurge has healing knowhow and life surge so he is pretty tanky and Nanashi has Trisagion, Ice age, Thunder Gods, Deadly Wind, Concentrate, Judgement Light, Antichthon and Awakened Power

Get someone with Doping and Magaon then. Doping is pretty useful at least until YHVH removes it.
You have a great party ready though, I'm not sure how you're having so much trouble with him.

I could probably beat him like this too if I could stop jerking off and wasting turns when my demons die and have to revive them or restore some mana. Any suggestions for doping and magaon demon?

lol

Invitation?

Izanami has way too little health, even with Life Surge. I'd recommend replacing her with someone that can take hits like Mara or Shiva. Also yeah looking at later posts you need two magaon users in case one bites it. Also, someone who drains/repels phys (not null) is crucial since he basically loses his turn when he (frequently) uses one of his physical moves. Imposing Stance is also great. Basically everything that pushes him back from spamming Black Hole (mp drainer), Supernova, and his two max debuff and max buff attacks is important.

As a side note, if your samurai team begins to fall, immediately have him kill them off, you can't afford him buffing with walter or jonathan dead and then smashing your main party with supernova next turn.

Can't help you much there. I had a Apsus being a Luster Candy/Doping user and never had Magaon because of Nozomi's Mother's Discipline.

Give a quick look here:
aqiu384.github.io/smt4a-tool/skills
And try to fuse someone to replace your Demiurge or for using only when necessary (Doping at the beginning of the battle). Also, remember to use your Summoning Stones here or have a Sabbatma/Invitation demon.

is for >when my demons die and have to revive them

Holy hell

Fill me with your blood

How to avoid 1hko in strange journey mall world?

dank

ants.

thought only Persona you can arrange a full-waifu team, hah!

Yeah, the game's for sure gonna let you keep that.

>Not even evenly levelled
>Skill sets probably not minmaxed either
Step it up senpai

probably just bought from compendium to show off

>'fuck the DLC' comment

>messing up the video links

is he still here after all these years?

Yes, he's the Hachiko of Persona.

>thought only Persona you can arrange a full-waifu team

Hello, newfriend.

The most triggering thing about this is the misspelled "or".

Pascal is our one and eternal dog.
Koromaru will never come close.

>It's MY time to shine!

>ups, dead again

man, i want to fuck her huge tits

same

Paizuri with Cleopatra!

naizuri with Alice

>my friend is a bit different
i felt quite alot of satisfaction when i heard that line in Apocalypse

>he fell for the bonds meme and didn't see satan question's YHVH's worth to sit on the throne

id say it was worth it just to play as the four samurai, i can always watch massacre online

Why is this general so obsessed with Walter holy shit

It's newfag bait. They gobble the memes up for some godforsaken reason. I just try to ignore it.

the only thing that's keeping this general alive

It kept the general alive for about 4 months at one point. Think of it as a thread bumb

Hoy

>wants to mutate good skill
>doesn't mutate the shit skill that it never uses
Fuck you you piece of shit

>They keep asking to mutate the good skill

so, what does Skill Augment in SMT4 do again?

Makes skills more likely to mutate into other ones when a demon levels up.

What's that piece of shit skill you want gone? Skills are separated by ranks - like Agi I think is rank 5 or something. Skill mutation changes a skill to something of the same rank, so agi can't change into bufudyne. If you're trying to get rid of a shit skill it's not gonna happen through mutation.

So Skill Augment can't push skills up one rank? It changes the skill but doesn't change it's rank, is that right?

>newfag asks about hoyboy
>newfag tells them it's newfag bait

>He's not a Hoyboy

Tathlum shot

Tathlum shot is rank 4, so you can get any skill from ranks 2-7 through mutation. Most of the skills here are pretty weak, best you'll get is Charge or a kaja/kunda skill.

Never played an SMT game. Where is the best place to start?

Read the OP that you replied to you retarded nigger.

i'd recommend the dds duology
simple but still have the same core gameplay and challenge, and one of the better stories

Jack Bros

Digital devil saga. It is one of the best titles and has most of the combat features of modern megaten games.

What is Dagdas alignment?

Chaotic edge.

Dark neutral

Aka the 'if you think chaos is edgy, you ain't seen nothing yet' alignment

Its the intersection of chaos and autism. Somehow steven becomes okay with chaos as long as you arbitrarily hate demons, and think you shouldn't have friends. Somehow that moves it to neutral. I'm not sure what message atlus is sending if neutral also encompasses things so retarded it makes almost any ending look sane in comparison. As the same loose humanistic slant as neutral.

So how do you get double neutral?

>Steven cooperates with you in the Godslayer Ending
Disappointed.

Stephen doesn't give a shit either way about friends or not, all he cares about is human progression and seeing that the Axiom's work is carried out properly where humans don't need to rely on gods and demons to survive and prosper. Because of the vagueness of that sentiment it's easy to see how Danu's and Dagda's viewpoints both sort of fall in line with it. Both ways promote humanism, it's just that Dagda is willing to do it by literally killing every god and demon in existence and Danu does it by making all humans join forces and reliant on the whole. The former way also seems very inline with chaos and the latter with law, but it's not quite the same thing.

By just not doing anything. I'd assume that'd be stuff like Yuzu's ending in Devil Survivor.

He doesn't help out, he just offers some advice and gives warnings that others will come after you, then fucks off.

I want a new MegaTen MMO. Or even a fucking MOBA at this point. Or a mobile game.

>mobage where Fiends has a 1/256 roll chance

Why isnt he the same in SMT4A? He feels alot more merciful and "good" in Apocalypse than in SMT2

A MOBA would be cool. The short amount of abilities per character would make it so each character has unique skills instead of everybody having agi or bufu

>got into SMT too late to play Imagine
>literally 0% chance they'll ever make another MMO

The one MMO I'd actually play, too. I hate this gay earth.

>got into SMT a bit before Imagine was a thing
>never played it
Fuck MMOs and online games in general.

Honestly that's not even that bad for a mobage.

So just like the games?