What the FUCK happened to Japanese cars?

What the FUCK happened to Japanese cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

morgan-motor.co.uk/
uk.caterhamcars.com/
motorauthority.com/news/1112980_chinas-geely-completes-acquisition-of-lotus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Another example. What the fuck happened?

Safety regulations, jackass!

have you seen the civic hatch in person? they're actually quite small
everything with the new civic line up is amazing

i hate safety regulations so much
if i am in a situation where im going to wreck i am either going to die no matter what or want to die.

radiation poisoning

Yeah, but so many people are such pussies, the government and insurance companies wants to pander to their cries.

I don’t think the problem is them being too big, the problem is them being harrowingly fuckugly

but that's beautiful imo

Honda's current lineup makes me sad.

>they're actually quite small
It's gotten bigger every generation. The current Civic is now a midsize vehicle under EPA categories.

As big as a 4th gen Accord.

All of their new cars are just so fucking angular

JDM was and always will be shit. Poor people who think they can drift/race/drag buy them and rice them out. In reality, Asian cars were meant to be efficient and practical. That's it. The Type R is a perfect example of how Asia can't do something right.

"B-bu-muh GTR, muh Supra"

The GTR looks nice, but its a V6 with turbos. They couldn't even get the power that Ford could out of their twin turbo V6 setup. More proof Asian cars suck. Supras are slow and require thousands of dollars to be fast...like every other car.

Face it JDM faggots, your cars suck and always have. Just as the world has always been, Europe and America reign supreme.

Remember the CRX from the 90s? Little matchbox car a cute! CUTE!

Model bloat over time is lame. I was pleasantly surprised to find something of almost exactly the same dimensions of my previousbox. Only thing is the sight lines are a little weird so I'm never quite sure how close the nose is. Scraping or leaving laughable amounts of room both make Baby Lizard Jesus sad :'(

>JDM fag every time an American car passes them

What the fuck happened to cars in general?

starting to appeal to americans

>sedans
>fuel efficient
>sporty look
>"state of the art" design

lmao

all about that money brehs

>cherrypicking

This is a "promotional" fuell cell vehicle that looks like that only because it's meant to be scenic and edgy so people talk about it.

nice delusions

Meanwhile in Europe:
morgan-motor.co.uk/
uk.caterhamcars.com/

We don't give a rat's ass about ridiculous safety regs.

There's no excuse for japanese cars looking like ass, it's just the case that they forgot how to design cars that don't look like mechwarriors. Anime took over.

Car makers make the cars people buy. People have shit taste in general. Few exceptions exist and will always exist.

>implying it isn't us in the european caliphate that started retarded safety regs for pedestrians

Fuck off m8

I just want

>fast
>retro styling
>good sound system

The only thing that fits that is maybe a challenger.

Fucking hotwheels styling REEEEEEE

Trying to copy the semi-angular designs of Cadillac and Lamborghini

meh, Challenger's are distinctly a bit cartoonish, but really it's done much more tastefully than I would have expected. It's sub-optimal, but I would just have a quick kek at it, and not feel compelled to laugh at you for driving one.

I'd rather go for a ride instead, even if it's a bit meme silly.

wtf is that elliot rodger in the maga hat in the front?

Parts look ok from some angles but the whole thing just looks like it was designed by 343 studios

nice curves only a few years ago
i really want one, the hybrid version

Korea happened

>bar of soap on wheels
bleargh

They got complacent. They hit the top, and now they can do what they want. Only a matter of time before GM destroys everyone again.

Holy fuck, stop crying about the new civics. The new civics are at the top of their class right now, every reviewer consistently chooses them as a clear winner over other the current corollas and elantras. Many even compared it to the Mazda3 and it still usually wins. The Civic somehow produces more power than the corolla, is more roomier, is just about the same weight, and STILL produces better gas mileage because of ancient toyota technology in the corollas right now.

The corolla also seriously needs a facelift. The only fair comparison the Civic would lose is against the Buick Verano, which has close to Toyota reliability, somewhat significantly worse mileage for the power comparison, but has much more styling, interior design, comfort, and little features that make the car more of a "driver's car" than the Civic really is. Not to mention you can get a mid trim Verano for the same price as a mid trim Civic at around 24 grand, and the top trim Verano goes for the same as the "touring" model Civic at 26.

white probably wasn't the best color to pick

Nah, it's still ugly. It has to have lines. It can't just be a bunch of design cues and whichever concept drawing the focus group said
>well I guess this one?

that kobe steel and the takata has completly taken the reputation of japanese cars being reliable. complete garbage now

>It has to have lines.
Only if you're a child.

Nolines is the sign of a child who has no sense of design.

Lexus is the only savior

People wanted Cuck Utility Vehicles

Also I've just realised American cars have succumbed to the same shitty design

Look at this shitbox

It's the same super-angular, really over-designed garbage that's coming out of Japan

I will next post a European car so you can see the difference

You went from beluga whale to orca.

Infinitis are marketed for middle aged women and their upper middle class daughters who need a nice first car that doesn’t say “NISSAN”.

Angles are teh futur

GM has been shit since the 70’s. Ford and Chrysler are simple. Although Chrysler sucks.

Dodge is pretty simple too.

Ford definitely has the best lineup though.

I really love to hate Civics, but that doesn't look half bad. I just wish it was AWD

>sedan
>appealing to Americans
found the Chrysler exec in denial

HERE is a superior European car. Look at those curves. Goddamn, this is a great looking car.

Yeah I think I will agree with you there, Ford's cars actually look alright, the latest Focus looks pretty cool, also the F-150 Raptor looks really cool

And yes I agree GM just seems really shitty and cheap these days, at least that's how it looks

>nuhh my mom's car is faster than your dad's car
>look my mom's car has more aggressive lines and ANGRY EYES FOR HEADLIGHTS
>your dad's car looks stupid and plain
Meanwhile it's a hybrid grocery getter and nobody gives a shit.

That's the wrong attitude. Sure it's not supposed to be a work of art as a utility car. But what is civilization for in the first place except to go from the brutal pain and humiliation of being animals into celebrating art and learning?

the american market complaining about "boring styling" instead of performance

Don’t forget the current gen Mustang and Shelby’s

This looks good and is one of the fastest FWD cars around the track. I don't understand why people dislike it.

Here is another superior European car

God damn this thing is good looking

>awd
Why?

>"you want pray game?"
>in a rice field
Like pottery

All good things must come to an end

Nothing happened. The 80s are just repeating.

this

>Ford definitely has the best lineup though.
>all econoboxes besides the F150 and the Mustang

>And yes I agree GM just seems really shitty and cheap these days, at least that's how it looks
The Impala is easily the sexiest car in their lineup. And to be fair, it's got a great exterior design. Among the best in its class.

they moved all their design studio's to California

back looks OK but the front is awful, mostly because of that ugly hood

serg represent

They started making boring cars for normies who just want to use a car to commute and has 0 interest on maintaining a car nor wants to have fun driving. And the japanese "sports" cars are just designed to pander numales who thinks they are Takumi for buying a 40k shitbox with some edgy shit hanging around the car.

No. They were always boring because commuter cars can't avoid being boring. They started making edgy looking boring cars when normies said that their boring cars were too plain and boring. Literally the reason why Toyota designs shit the way they do now. The president of the company went out of his way to make sure that people knew they were now focusing on "exciting design."

pretty much this

>early 70s: Japanese cars are considered to be joke tier
>early 80s: Japanese cars are considered to be decent, bit still not proper cars
>early 90s: Japanese cars are fucking awesome now. Golden era

>late 90s: Korean cars are considered to be joke tier
>late 00s: Korean cars are considered to be decent, bit still not proper cars
>late 10s: Korean cars are fucking awesome now. Golden era

Your ad campaign is going to make me sell my Hyundai and buy a Japanese car.

When will China have their Golden Era?

We have big plans

What the fuck is that thing?

the front bumper makes it look like its very upset

All the brands pander to normies who don't give a shit about performance and maintaining their vehicles. We're the minority that nobody gives a shit about. Every brand for the most part either dropped well known performance models or just redesigned them into normiemobiles. Making boring was corollas on ancient Toyota technology, shitty ford econoboxes, Mercedes cuck-class vehicles, redneck f150s/silverados make more money they selling overpriced performance junk to a bunch of car enthusiast retards.

>Korean cars are fucking awesome now. Golden era
Not sure about that, they're on the same levels of American cars currently.

the future

won't be long... Geely now has access to tech and resources from both Volvo and Lotus

motorauthority.com/news/1112980_chinas-geely-completes-acquisition-of-lotus

>we
Yeah I bet you drive a proper performance vehicle :^)

>Imagine seeing webm related happening in Europe everyday

Fucking chinks

The problem is performance and enthusiast faggots don't even BUY new performance cars. They all jerk off over old shit and people wonder why companies won't bring something new to the market when performance sales are in the toilet.

being designed party by Americans.
But the new Honda civic is nice desu

>the new Honda civic is nice desu
Yea, if you're blind

Not the type R, the regular Civic.
look

It looks okay blacked out but it still has those absolutely MASSIVE fake vents surrounding real vents. Just why.

I do like the "big browed caveman" look they gave the front.

The only reason why Mustangs and Cameros exist is because normies buy them from the memes their fathers told about them. We'll sit here take a 15 year old Crown Vic and put a bunch of garbage on them and complain about everyone else driving boring vehicles. The brands aren't going to just make cool looking vehicles when the JDM/domestic/euro fags just sit on old vehicles, they aren't making them out of the goodness of their hearts. They'll continue to mass produce F150s, focuses, and civics because people BUY them.

I'd move Korea's golden age to mid 2020's to be honest

I think it's supposed to look like the crest on a samurai helmet

>being designed party by Americans
The American dealer network is actually pressuring Japan for more sports cars, and it's Japan who keeps saying no.

>those absolutely MASSIVE fake vents
This is the worst part, those vents look awful.

You people are beyond stupid!

I hate myself for liking this.

Whatever happened to bug eyes

>hurrrrrrrrrr......durrrrrrr.....

they look good stop complaining you pussy

We're not in the 90s anymore friendo

The euro market started wanting Japanese cars and thus ruined them with their regulations.
thanks for ruining everything for everyone else once again europe.

can't even finish your own world wars after you start them, useless cunts.

>Minimum wage in 1970: $1,60
>Price for a Dodge Challenger T/A in 1970: $4056
>2535 hours of wageslaving needed to buy a 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A

>Minimum wage in 2017: $7,25
>Price for a Dodge Challenger T/A in 2017: $37395
>5158 hours of wageslaving needed to buy a 2017 Dodge Challenger T/A

Cars got extremely expensive to obtain for the average enthusiast.

if you blacked out or removed the drl's on top it would improve the look by a lot

Only weighs about 100lbs or so more than my s2k!

>Only weighs about 100lbs or so more than my s2k!
It used to weigh less.

Chicken or the egg thing here.

Do manufacturers not make desirable sports cars anymore because enthusiasts want old cars or are enthusiasts forced to buy old cars because manufacturers think there's no market for new, affordable performance cars?