First cars

What are/were the first cars that you user have/had?
Pic related, sharing a Audi A6 (C4) with my dad.

An 88 Volvo 760 turbo wagon.

Miss that car.
Have a 740 sedan and two 240s, but they'll never be that one.

1.0 litre cuckbox similar to this

2002 Ford Focus Wagon

1990 Geo Prizm Gsi

this thing was bad to the bone. it was like driving a comfy-ass couch

92 corolla fx gt, which i blew the head on

If that would have been my first car, it might have been my last.

Popularity of this thread really shows how many people actually own a car on this board

vz sv6 commodore with the paddle shifters.
same colour as pic.

2004 is300 Sportdesign

One of these badboys

What were you expecting?

2002 Grand Prix

My granddad's VAZ-2101. Same colour as pic. Starting this thing was an art.

I've had about 10 cars, I don't want to discuss first cars with 16 year olds. How are you going to relate to my first car when you think Pokémon is retro

My first car is Mazda MX-5, because i typed "best ever car #1 forever" and it was on the top of top 10 list. I am an elitist like that.

2003 Renault Clio 1.6 16v initiale, just like pic
I liked it very much but had to sell it upon expatriation

I also have a Clio, a 1.2 16V however... Great fun car. It has it's flaws but it's loyal like a dog

1994 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 like on the picture. Still have it. Considering how much money I have spent on fixing it i should have let it go years ago but i can´t bring myself to part with it.

Becuse my father taught me do drive on one of these I would like to find 1985-1989 Ford Econoline our Chevy Van in a semi decent shape. But that is pretty much mission impossible in europoorland.

1996 volvo 960

Rwd, 180 hp, solid as fuck. Pretty good for a first car honestly, got me used to driving rwd early on so I could learn how to maneuver well.

1999 Volvo v70 wagon. Loved that fucking thing. Died finally at about 330k miles and the only reason I don’t have it still was because I was broke when it died and I didn’t have enough to fix it.

Gonna get a Saab this week so my cheap Swedish car fix will be sated. Don’t even give a fuck if they’re not super reliable, I make more than enough money to keep a car well maintained and running nowadays. Only regret is that I didn’t fix the Volvo

I did 200k in it and total mileage was 430k km without rebuilding the engine. IMO it's pretty impressive for a 4-cyl 1.8 pile of shit.

My first car was the cleanest V6 New Edge around. Wasn’t a GT but I kept that thing mint. Put 23,000 miles on it sold at 106,000 for what I bought it for.

Currently driving a 2017 5.0

diesel?

For some reason I wanted the C5, this or maybe the 2nd gen, very very badly as my first car.

Nope, petrol. I don't believe there was 1.8 diesel, I think it was only 2.0 and 2.2.

And for me reason behind C5 was... it being extremely cheap and having quite decent equipment. Bought it 6 years ago for ~$2k.

ah shit, didn't read correctly.
I think a 1.6 is the lowest diesel this or the second gen has, and I wanted exactly that because I thought it would have a very good kpl ratio

I find the C5 a decent sedan

It's a liftback! ;) Because of that, boot is massive in this car, I was really impressed. Also, estate is extended by a few centimeters.

do you think it is wise to buy one in current year?

Well, I actually sold it a few weeks back, so there are still people interested in this car. I honestly don't know. I wouldn't probably buy the 1st gen, but post-facelift (commonly referred to as 2nd gen in my country) might be the way to go. Basically they built a whole new car that had some of the parts common with the previous one. I would go with 2004+. I wouldn't go with auto tranny though (I love autos in my daily), since somehow they decided 4 gears is enough. You should also look for a car that has 'sport' button in the suspension control area - it means you've got additional spheres (1 per axle, giving you 6 in total). That makes the car a little bit more stiff and makes the suspension last longer.

Repair-wise I would say there's not much to talk about - suspension is simple and cheap in repairs, in fact, everything is cheap in this car (interior quality as well, frankly). The only thing that sometimes goes bonkers is electronic, but for me it was only minor things - window switches sometimes closed instead of opening and vice versa.

For the past two years this car was used for hauling a lot of shit like a frigde, dishwasher and various trailers. I even used it to pull a snag out of the ground once. It was the most reliable car I've ever had and selling it was somewhat difficult decision, but I wasn't using it for a few months already, so it had to go.

Carless, but probably buying a Mazda MX-3 tomorrow for 1.8k CAD

thanks citroen user.

I had a Seat Leon cupra r, I got it dirt cheap from the police, insurance was a bitch the first year.

1995 Pontiac grand am. Would grab pic but dark out.