Trunk Bike Rack

Alright, just got a car, coming from an SUV. Now how do I properly transport my bike to the trails? Amazon seems to have a bunch of $29.99 shitty ones and $299.99 ones that look equally cheesy.

I got my 29"er in a 2 door Accord. But I need to bring the waifus and bros bike too, to shreeeeddddddd

I don't trust the strap on kind. Hitch mount is the only way unless you got roof rails. If you got roof rails then you can get a roof mount rack. They're kind of a pain in the ass and there's a high likelihood that you'll drive into the garage with he bikes still on the roof. Bike racks aren't cheap new though you can find deals on used ones.

now make the next step, sell your childrens toy and buy a teenagers toy.

So all the trunk ones are held up by straps??

Ok dad

Why not? I drove over 5k km in 6 days last year with a strap type rack and had 0 issues. In winter too. I used a Saris Bones 2

as dumb as the scooter fags are some of them are fucking crazy on those scooters, i remember trying to do tricks on a scooter when i was a kid and the only thing that happened was it smashed into my ankles brutally.

Yes or clips and plastic.

Just buy a cheap one from amazon. They're all the same.

Roof mount?

Ones where you mount the holder on the tow ball are also really nice and the bike is much easier to work with - but I guess that finding a sedan with a tow bar is difficult in the US

I just don't trust $14k worth of bike being held on by some cheap clips, straps and buckles. You can't open the trunk or hatch most the time and it's putting a lot of stress on the edges of the body.

It's not tho. Plenty pf people put hitches on their car just to mount bike racks.

Ya I guess I wouldn't want to use it in your case. I only had one road bike on it.

Cousin did that exact thing going into a parking garage with his Audi S4 and a brand new roadbike for about $3000... he wasn't too happy

Fuuu

That Look with those wheels is around $10k

Get a hitch rack

Of course someone dumb enough to spend $10k on a bike is dumb enough to drive into a low garage with it on the roof

Roof racks... Not even once.

It happens to the best of us. Sometimes you don't think straight after a hard day or riding and a 2 hour drive home.

Dumb people buy $30k cars to commute to their $50k a year job a few hours a week. Competitive cyclists spend 10-15 hours a week riding, plus serious cyclists are nearly always upper middle class+ and may not consider $10k a huge some of money for their primary hobby/sport (I don't and I'm not rich by any means).

Nigger stole the bikes or something?

"serious cyclists" are Lance Armstrong wannabes that have a death wish

I grew up in a neighbourhood with estate homes and had to deal with these fucks like 3 times a week in the mornings taking up the entire local road without a care despite it having tons of blind corners
Like 15 years later I'm dealing with the same guys in my clinic wondering why they're having a hard time getting erections despite taking sildenafil

Go running instead