>2.0L Inline 4 cylinder

What the fuck was VW thinking?

>muh fuel efficiency
>muh corporate average fuel economy

>"Oh hey this isn't that bad"
>goes up slight hill
>Engine pegged at rev limiter 6000
>Engine blows gaskets every 50,000 miles
>VW: "Ho ho goy you can only get that serviced at VERIFIED(tm) VW(r) DEALERSHIP"
>yfw total car cost per year is ~$5,000

Volvo does it, so it is ok.

I get better fuel economy when I drive cars with more horsepower than my shitbox because I don't have to beat the shit out of them nearly as hard to keep up with traffic.

Don't forget Highlander and its rebadged version Lexus NX.

>$108K Volvo
wtf. Who will buy an overpriced chink 4 bangers?

This is what happens when white women become corporate executives

This. I have to rev the shit out of my 150hp 4banger just to keep up with modern cars. It sucks when I'm babying the cold engine and short shifting at 3000rpms when everyone behind me is losing their minds at just how fucking slow I am.

Well to be fair, its got the GTI engine, or at least VW says its "similar".

2.0t has 235 HP/ 258 ft/lbs and this is the base engine.

That being said, you can expect it to dyno higher like the GTI. The 2.0t in the GTI dynos 250-260 crank HP and nearly 300 ft/lbs crank. Not sure if that will hold true here.

V6 has 276hp /266 ft/lbs but is honestly better suited for the job, I imagine it would be hard to stay off the boost in the i4.

Only real advantage would be the possibility of a tune for the 2.0t (APR, cobb, etc...) If it could get the same tunes as the GTI it wouldn't be half bad with the 316 HP stage 1.

They all have 8 gear autos so will stay in the power band better than most.

>what is warranty

Very nice, a shame VW doesn't make a single worthwhile car.

> Beetle (some people love these and its a classic)

> GTI (THE ubiquitous hot hatch)

Just to name two. recent jettas and regular golfs have been good too.

It looks like VW is very confident about its reliability on their new cars.

I think new VW cars getting more attractive to me.

That looks nice. Neat lines and straight edge styling has its appeal.

yeah I am looking forward to seeing the version of GLI or even R of next gen Jetta - rumor.

>2019 Jetta R - 350HP AWD, and a bunch of advanced tech.
Image that.

At least you can still get a VR6. They really should have left a V8 option though. Especially since this is aimed at the American market.

Next gen Jetta is going to be the first VW vehicle fully designed by VW of Mexico. I'm hoping they don't fuck it up. The undisguised final product has already been photographed in Puebla. Pic related.

No you don't. Shut the fuck up
150 is plenty

Considering the people who buy these rides sell their cars around 100-150k miles it should do fine.

t. Miata owner

yeah, I read that it hasn't been confirmed that it is new Jetta. I think it may be the new jetta. We will see the one in Dec 2017.

It's a literal overgrown Golf.

I'd drive the piss out of that. It looks so...mechanical.

Wrong. It's a gti but keep trying faggot

Lol, slowbox

so what...
Lexus NX and RAV4 are the literal overgrown Corolla/Prius (old gen).

I'll care about VW when they make something that is RWD, under 60k, and stickshift (they won't)

The Atlas is quite a bit bigger than those though, and besides, those aren't exactly interesting either.

A 2 liter is plenty. People don't buy these to go racing or tow trailers, they buy them to drive themselves and their family members places they need to go.

>RWD
What if they tune its 4motion to act like RWD, will you buy it?

It'll always be FWD-based Haldex.

yeah, but what if it laps faster than STI?

It'll still drive like FWD, even if they stick massive tires on the front to even out the understeer (lol Audi)

The pic you're posting is of the VW Lamando which is a China specific vehicle that sits between the Jetta and Passat in the Chinese market lineup.

This is what North America will get. Granted in this pic we can't see the wheel styling that will be on the final product and there is just raw plastic in place of what will be chromed.

It comes with a VR6. 4 cylinder option is there for cucks.

What's the problem? Wife has the VR6. Best 3rd row cuckover on the market by far.

It could be the new jetta, but it hasn't been confirmed. However, I suspect it is.
That's what a base Jetta looks like. Still better than other base version of competitors.
Wait for GLI or R? They would look nicer.

>Best 3rd row cuckover on the market by far.

lol

Oh, you're still here? Are you mad that I pointed out your stupidity? Listen you stupid motherfucker, I'm guarantee you've never even sat in a gti so shut the fuck up.

T. Salty vw autist

It is. Name a better one.

I test drove every cuckover in the segment. Nothing compared.

>instead of putting in a larger displacement engine to provide enough power with little strain
>let's put in a turbo 4 which will be running hard just to move it
>this will save on muh empeegees!

I literally do not understand this. How in hell is an underpowered engine more fuel efficient than an larger engine when it comes to a larger, heavier car? Shouldn't the 4 have worse fuel mileage because it has to run harder?

>the absolute state of GTI owners

In general, engine's are at their most efficient running at open throttle. The reason older cars used to have worse gas mileage than their larger engined bretheren was mostly due to the fact that transmissions only had 3 gears and were designed with the larger engines in mind.

It's garbage to drive, but it does actually tend to be more efficient.

Fuck off fatcunt

At least I'm happy

careful, a simple OBD II tune will have that 2.0t surprising you. That said, im not sure of the reliability of that engine with 4500 lbs of car to push.

You know there are some family guys out there running tuned GLI's and there will be guys running this with a 300+ HP APR tune most likely.

my 2017 GTI is fairly quick stock but stick the engine in the atlas and its going to be a lot slower thats for sure.

Glad to see they got it to 235 HP, itll need it.

Cant imagine an SUV that size not having more HP than my old 2000 5.0 explorer (215)

I've driven crossovers that size with 275hp V6's and they were gutless pigs. This thing must be shit on the highway.

>108k for a 4 cylinder

The problem with these modern V6's is that they lack torque down low.

That and you have to nearly take them to redline to get the quoted HP numbers out of them.

These V6's are good for cars but not the best for moving large land barges.

Although the 2.0t is the base engine I bet its much better torque down low will feel better, but it will feel super gutless up top im sure.