Did I do good or just get memed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iXxdB5KHMso
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks unnecessarily expensive, but pretty gud famalamjammajam.

Since I have no idea what your experience is, remember that poor cleaning technique can fuck up a car's finish even with the best equipment and chemicals.

I used to detail cars at a dealership a couple moons ago but I never did a wax job. I figured I need to do it now though.

How much did you spend?
I thought Car Guys are meme soaps, but I've never used them.

Dont use the detailer with the mothers, use the clay and a tiny bit of dish detergent, then wax over it.

I detail for a few truck fleets in my area, some of the stuff I buy in pic

My absorber is 5 years old and has cleaned 6 different cars in its lifetime. It still has plenty of life left too.

You got meme'd if you'll get tired of handwashing after the first few times.

I fell for this meme. Got so impatient with hand washing I gave up and now I just run it thru the tunnel at the car wash. I get a good price on a monthly deal they have, so it pays off for me.

To each their own though. If you're patient, I know you can make it beautiful -- seen a lot of car bodies look great when taken care of like this.

Have fun

Also, in my non-humble opinion, I think that interior detailing spray is shit. It just seems to make things glossy and slippery. I use a fuck-ton of cleaning/disinfecting wipes and cotton swabs.

...I also cleaned my entire engine and bay with these wipes. I split the job over days, but it took 8-10 hours. Worked out though (pic) and I had fun with some brews, bowls, and tunes.

OP here, I have no problem hand washing. My s2000 has been kind of neglected and it deserves some loving care. The car is this crap is sitting on is new to me and it definitely shows how well its been taken care of so it only deserves to continue.

Wow, that engine bay is a fantastic difference. Nice work, tedious but patience paid off obviously.

Dish soap? That sounds like bad news.

woah, is your car made of carbon fibres?

Just a vinyl wrap the previous owner had done. Looks good though.

Use a small amount, maybe the size of a penny, this changes the surface tension of the water, while allowing you to remove deposits with the clay- but not applying a film of oil on your clear.

Rinse afterwards, dry, then apply wax to seal up any imperfections left behind.

Using the quick detailed is good to get a easy shine afterwards with a microfiber cloth, though I'm unsure if it breaks the wax down faster.

I have to wash some of the trucks I work on with purple power and tide, fuckos smear grease and car fluids on the door with their gloves.

I feel like I still wasnt clear enough, I meant in a spray bottle, not directly onto the car

Thanks man, the 'after' pic is even from over 2 years after cleaning it. I had the heat shield off at the time, but I have two of them somehow. I've polished the fuck out of the better one w/ mag & aluminum polish and it is chrome now (no pic yet, did that last week).

Also helped:
>Removing the fuel evap charcoal canister, cruise control vacuum module, airbox, and windshield spray system.
>Tucking / zip-tying the OBD-I port to behind the headlight.
>Not having ABS. I do have A/C and PS though.

Most recent pic I've got is pic related; from this March. I need to replace that goddamned air filter, but it's in a really tight spot and K&N no longer makes that size. I've gone through their whole filter finder website and nothing is small enough. I really want a Mercury Capri valve cover to replace my stained one (they came with the miata 1.6L but are rare).

You did good except for the absorber, I tried one and it was shit. Barely dried at all, mostly just spread the water around. Stick with a large microfiber towel designed for drying off a car. If you haven't opened it yet I'd exchange it.

Ive used it a couple times so far. I like it, has worked pretty well for me.

RIght, just as a lubricant for the clay to slide.

If you're taking off your wax to clay anyway what's wrong with dish soaping it?

>open hood
>spray degreaser
>pressure wash
>spray liquid wax
>pressure wash

cleaner than you could get by hand.

I use to hand wash but man its tedious. Especially on a black car. You'll be fine. I use an absorber and it works well. I literally just dry the car off when it rains. Florida is retarded

What did you use to clean the bay?

Why do you have a cone intake isn't the stock one just fine?

Pic related, several full things of these. No washing or degreasing whatsoever.

I have the intake because I got the whole thing for under $75 shipped and it sounds really nice, that's it - no delusions of gaining 2 hp. It's a cast aluminum ebay knockoff of the Racing Beat one that's $230+shipping. I was in college when I got it (2011) and would have just stayed w/ the OE box if the knockoff weren't so cheap (it's just a cast tube ffs). Looks nice, too.

It adds a deep 'throaty' sound as seen at 25 sec below:
youtu.be/iXxdB5KHMso

Wow... [facepalm].
For the first reply, this is the pic related.

Dealership """detailers""" are the worst. They are shit at detailing and 99% of the time can't even fucking wash a car without adding swirls or scratches.

>washing your own car

and yes motherfucker, thats the DELUXE wash i'm in, with TRICOLOR foam.

Have fun having a million missed spots because automatic washes don't touch your wheels, calipers, wheel wells, rocker panels, bumper cover bottoms, crevices in your grille/bumpers, clean your wiper blades, or your mirror lenses. Or any of your interior for that matter.

>No clay bar

You did gud famalamadingdong

That mother's box is a clay bar kit

You dun goofed famalamadingdong

I've never had a problem at the touchless wash I go to. Just need to get the door jams. You expect a car wash to get the interior too? WTF

I'm saying that if you do it yourself the interior will get cleaned, not that I was expecting an auto wash to do it.

Oh man we've got a high roller here.

>not getting the absorber XL for like 5 cents more

You fucked up big time kiddo

I wasnt necessarily a detailer but we did the prep cleaning for delivery cars. SO nothing was ever that dirty to begin with. It was removing stickers, doing windows wash, tires and rims.

as you may see, two air vents are strategically positioned towards the passenger's body. One vent blasts cold air directly to the passengers balls and the other to his face. This configuration is ideal for when you are commuting to a destination.