KIA stinger thread

KIA stinger thread.

Looking into getting it. Whats the cons and pros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7SzjTtCnJy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

heby
slower than a fiata

I heard that the Kia Stinger automatically rolls down the window just a little bit if you turn the fan on.

Nice meme.

>Cons
It's a Kia
>Pros
You can buy something that isn't a Kia

k

$0.08 have been deposited into your account

KYS weeb

Find me another non-weeb "We have this thread every day" image then. I don't even watch anime anyway.

Also the anime board is /a/, not /b/, newfag.

>Cons
It's a Kia
>Pros
none

Go jack off to your anime weeb. This is a car board.

You didn't even read my post.

bump

>Cons
It's an overpriced shit
>Pros
I think it's at least a car

When is it coming out, December? Christmas Car?

In a month or 2 user.

haha nobody is going to buy this shit

I'm thinking of pre-ordering a red one

>overpriced
What is it designed to compete with? Hyundai Genesis, and what other bargain-tier mark offers a $30k base model with 250 hp/260 tq, RWD and 4 doors? I can't really think of anything else filling that niche.

As a new father who's looking to lease a DD to replace my SN95, I'm seriously considering it because it has the potential to be fun but I can still argue that it's functional to the wife. The only other car I'm seriously considering is the Mazda 3, because the Genesis is such trash to drive (who knows, maybe the Kia will be too, but I haven't actually driven it yet so trying to withhold judgment).

I like the blue and white. Not sure which one though.

>North Korea nukes Seoul

Good luck getting that warranty honored!

>As a new father
>I can't have nice car because my wife dosen't want, so I buy a KIA
I'm sorry for your lost

...actually, this is just going to be the car I commute in because my e46 M3 is going to be retired to weekend duty and I can't fit a carseat in my SN95.

I'm not giving up on fun, I'm just looking for something practical day to day because no way am I getting baby shit or gummy bears in my pristine e46.

You don't need to give up on fun. This thing is going to be an M5 killer.

My Bugatti is going in the barn to be my weekend car once I get my hands on this Kia.

lol k.

If you think there's a better option that works for me, I encourage you to respond to the thread I made asking for Veeky Forums's advice on my new vehicle.

Faster than a current Commodore SS, 5th gen Camaro SS, current WRX STi, and current 370Z Nismo.

Something slower and less luxurious. Unless you want to spend $10k-$15k more.

This is Veeky Forums. The entire imageboard is anime based.

When is there going to be an anime about the Kia Stinger?

I mean, I'm hoping it'll be decent, but M5 killer? It would need to be be about a 20-year leap forward in design advancements to be competitive with an M5 (completely leaving alone the fact that I don't think it actually competes on paper; pretty sure the M5 has much more exciting power figures and features).

They've been test driving it for a year already.

>they
Who? Are there people that are saying it's better than an M5? If so, source?

>"entire imageboard is anime based"
>there are boards specifically for anime

???????????

Another false flag thread.

ignore

Pro,
It's not domestic
con
Kia reliability.

It's cheap for what performance and features you are getting.

Nov-Dec

I'll probably buy one.

Randy Pobst likes it. In fact every reviewer that has test driven it has actually liked it so far.

That has nothing to do with Kia America.

I don't know about it being better than the M5 though.

Kia will never win le mans kek

Is this Veeky Forums's equivalent of spamming burger king shill threads on Veeky Forums?

It's been released in Korea for a year now. Not just test driven.

You must be new to Veeky Forums. Let me be the first to welcome you. Don't be a faggot.

Kia has gotten J.D. Powers approval for reliability over the course of the last 5 years. So, what the fuck are you talking about?

>educated truck driver delivering on time

>please don't post things I don't like
Neck yourself. This is Veeky Forums related. Theres a hide button.

>le
fuck off back to rebbit

Thanks for the BUMP.

>. So, what the fuck are you talking about?
JD Poor, the least reliable reliability metric. Let's take a look at the ADAC shall we. oh look who makes the 2 least reliable cars on the market, based on brake down call outs per vehicle.

>J.D. Power
Unironically using J.D. Power.

ikr
>using only jdpower
>not using the associates as well

when will these anti-kia trolls learn?

Sperg more atleast GM has a class win kek

>there are less reliable cars than a Punto
If I was Kia/Daewoo I'd commit whatever the kimchi version of seppuku is

How do you know how fast it is when it isn't even available? Is this another busrider compares manufacturer stats episode?

It handily beats an SS

Didn't answer the question, my man

Nice meme pic. Here's your pic that's actually fact.

youtu.be/7SzjTtCnJy8

Still using J.D. Power payed for reliability stats. Nice shill, spergefag.

And what's wrong with JD Power?

Quads of truth

He just said it in the post you fucking retard

Yeah, I want specifics. Because they don't get paid off to falsify data. They get paid by companies for their data on competitors. So that's a big incentive to not have incorrect data.

It's a subjective review
>believing their mission statement
I got a bridge to sell you

You pay them money and they give you good reviews and awards. See a problem there?

It's like people making a big deal about having a star on the hollywood walk of fame when you can just pay to have one put on there.

more like Kia Stinker

That's not at all how it works.

> being this much of a faggot just to crap on an auto maker you don't like

THIS

The butthurt is real here.

>"Hmm today I will buy a luxury car"
>*goes to the KIA dealership*

Look, times change. Brands change. Deal with it.

>jd power is an automaker

TIL

Deal with it old man.

BASED

Just get a Lexus IS if that's what you're looking for.

>old man car
No ty. those are for doucebags who can't drive.

You're thinking of Audi or BMW

You might be right and mustang drivers.

So this thing competes with Hyundai Genesis now? A couple of threads ago you were saying it competes with the German makes, I'm glad you guys aren't that delusional anymore.

It might be better than a Genesis. Not really sure. I'll go down to a dealership and have a look at it once it actually goes on sale.

This is very poor quality bait.

>competes
It shares the platform with the G70 Genesis, it's not competing with it, it's like the Taurus/Sable cars from the Malaise era

>numale skinnyfat reviewer with beta as fuck beard
>calls the Commodore and Stinger "sports cars"
>doesn't know the difference between tenths and hundreds

Is this what car reviews have come to?

Where I come from it's going to be the same price as a BMW 540i and a Merc C400, so there's no way I would buy this.

Cheaper in the states than here though, and the germans are more expensive in the states than here, so I can see how it would appeal to people.

These threads are getting a bit repetitive though...

Kia is the automaker. Stop being such a colossal fucking faggot. You're really arguing about literally anything just because someone likes something you don't. Such a whiny faggot.

The front ends look like fucking Cylons from Battlestar Galactica.

Does he say "sports cars" or "sports sedans"? Also, any car that can run a 1/4 mile in low 13's and high 12's stock is a sports car. And yes, he misspoke. And it's humorous. And would you prefer Randy Pobst's review of the preproduction KDM spec Stinger GT?

>thread goes over 300 replies everytime
>expects no new thread
Fuck off poor fag.

>The front ends look like fucking Cylons from Battlestar Galactica.

Just get an older model, you could probably find an ISF if you're willing to drop some extra dosh on top of it.

Personally, I'm looking into getting a new car for another daily driver and the inly Lexus that competes with the pricepoint is the GS series. And I'm not really like Lexus's quality these days for that price.

Then get a Genesis G80 or a used Equus

Again, no used cars. And I think I like the look of the Stinger GT more than the Genesis G80. At this point we're splitting hairs.

The Stinger GT is not the same class as a GS, the GS is larger which is why I recommended the G80, if you don't like that you could always get a Q80 or whatever they're calling the M56 nowadays

The Stinger is actually a big car. Sitting a 6"+ man comfortably in the front and another 6"+ man in the rear seat behind the driver also sitting comfortably. Also, the Q80 is still more expensive, debatable if the quality is better or worse, and isn't as fun. You'd have to get the Red Sport to compete. And I do t care to fish out for that.

*Q50

0:55 he says "sports cars".
They're sports sedans because they're sedans. Your numbers have nothing to do with it. It's not humorous to misspeak while doing a review when that is your job. Not sure what you were getting at with the last part of that reply...?

You're complaining about the Aussie's review of the Stringer GT. Would Randy Pobst's review be more to your liking?

Yes, 300 replies of people saying the exact same shit over and over. In other words, repetitive. Reading is hard but please, try. And in what way does my post suggest I'm poor? I'm just saying that Kia out-priced themselves in my domestic market and I would rather buy a comparable BMW or Merc than a Kia.

>Sitting a 6"+ man comfortably in the front and another 6"+ man in the rear seat behind the driver also sitting comfortably.

Assuming you mean feet and not inches, bullshit. Look at 6:10 in , that guy is not 6' and can't sit comfortably behind himself. Someone 6'+ would have to tilt their head sideways.

why you in here then? must be autism.

Yeah I watched the Randy review. He calls it too heavy and not as fun as a BMW. And it's slower than a 5 year old Focus ST around Willow Springs. If you condense his review you essentially get "This is good for a Kia". There's no comparison to any other cars except when he says "Can you say BMW? Well maybe not".

It's also interesting that Randy says the stability control is completely off when you turn it off, and the aussie guy says it's not completely off. Maybe because the cars are for different markets? I don't doubt Randys judgement on that, I'm guessing the cars were different.

I've always said it, and I'm gonna keep on saying it... This car looks JUST EXACTLY

Leroy Rodriguez from "car and motorist magazine" say that the KIA stinger felt like a Mclaren.

There was a German reviewer who is 6'2" and adjusted the front seat as he liked it then got in the back seat and sat comfortably. His knees didn't even touchy the back of the driver seat.

Randy didn't call it "too heavy". He said that he wish it was 200 lbs lighter is all. And the model they drove on the Streets of Willow was the preproduction KDM spec. He said that the US spec that he drove could easily do it in at least a second faster. And the Aussie's didn't know how to turn it completely off. You have to do something with the pedal after pressing it off and an indicator light will come on to show that it's fully off.

>Leroy Rodriguez

>And the model they drove on the Streets of Willow was the preproduction KDM spec. He said that the US spec that he drove could easily do it in at least a second faster. And the Aussie's didn't know how to turn it completely off. You have to do something with the pedal after pressing it off and an indicator light will come on to show that it's fully off.

Do you have a single source to back this up?

>he didn't call it "too heavy"
Fine, he said "It's a little on the heavy side" and that he'd like it "more like a 3-series". The 340i is 3555 lbs and the Stinger GT RWD is 3924 lbs, so more like 350-400 lbs lighter.

Mods ban these threads already.

Who is their fucking mind is goin to spend 50k on a fucking KIA!!!!??? Are you fucking stupid wtf.. KIA is a piece of shit car brand. Yeah I can get a vette or a Shelby gt350 but I'm going for the kia!! Dumb motherfucker

Leroy Rodriguez
Car and motorists magazine

I'm not seeing where I heard it from. Perhaps one of the review videos. I'll check when I get home. But pic is MT talking about it being able to turn off completely.

But that image contradicts what you said about needing to do "something with the pedal", it's literally just pushing a button according to that. I guess the Aussie must have been retarded then.