/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Tactics Ogre Edition

We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.13
pastebin.com/bJNCTQAU
youtu.be/GNb9wervzOU
github.com/GrowthcraftCE/Growthcraft-1.7/issues/441
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2724732-realisticlivestock-mod-new-models-for-vanilla-farm
embed.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28566125
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last thread, because I am a retard

Good shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

why is your op pic not even minecraft

inspo my boy

Anyone know what kind of shitshow they're adding to 1.13?

I don't even care, I haven't left 1.7.10 for years.

minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.13

looks gay_

Matter Overdrive has the most OP power source. This thing runs on fucking cobble and produces enough for 2 IE excavators and a bunch of other dumb bullshit down in my basement.

Who even cares anymore. At least it isn't maids.

elucent.png

>being this much of a modfag

Everyone seemed to dig it last thread

You can't stop me. Nothing can stop me. Not anymore.

Can you post your pack?
Its really good, but do you have something like castles or ruins and less of villages?

Sure.

pastebin.com/bJNCTQAU

They are compatible but I would rather not have 2 things that are basically the same thing and MFR's looks like a vegetarians diarrhea. OB's XP I think is also more expensive so it will boost requirements.

>pastebin.com/bJNCTQAU
The pack looks really good, I will probably change a few things out of preference but its still really solid.
Also, why do you have Drawers BoP when you can just frame them?
Im digging these NUTS XDDD

I threw this together for my little cousin and his friends in about an hour

From what I can tell so far it works, except for the fact that breaking trees/dirt/anything doesn't drop blocks. Do you guys see anything on here that would do that?

Get 6 trillilions of RAM extra since is 1.11.2 and is much optimized than 1.7.10 you just need to give it more RAM. Seriously, desyncs are usually due to RAM problems..

is divine journey good?

I mean, I stood around for a while and nothing happened. Breaking the blocks and doing other things didn't lag, it's just the lack of materials dropping.

>be me
>on a minecraft server
>play for a reasonable amount of time; with prot IV armour and a nice base
>does pvp on the server for the first time
>banned for auto-crit
I wasn't even hacking.

I just came to mention that the only reason I visited this thread is because I clicked on the thread without reading the topic after seeing the TO image.
First time I've been clickbaited on the internet.

What an amazing ruse. Have some more.

youtu.be/GNb9wervzOU

While I'm not a modpack maker myself, I do have an idea for a dream memepack, I want it to have the best quality cancerous bullshit.

>All of Reika's mods, including Meteorcraft
>Weather mod
>Lycanites mobs
>Infernal Mobs
>Special AI
>Special Mobs
>Thaumcraft bullshit
>Zombie Awareness
>Pam's Bloatcraft+Spice of Life
>AE2 shit
>Roguelike Dungeons

Anything I'm missing?

>roguelike dungeons
>zombie awareness
>thaumcraft
>cancerous
End yourself.

That happens due to either something bloaty going on (check the logs for red lines of codes) or lack of RAM which is the most logical, how much RAM did you place on it?
You deserved it for starting the greentext with "Le >be me XD"

I was working with 4, bumping it up now. The log in 1.11.2 doesn't break out into errors, just 'warnings' and 'infos'. Fucking cancerous shit.

>Also, why do you have Drawers BoP when you can just frame them?
That's an excellent question. As I look around my base I don't see any BoP drawers in use so I might yank it out.

Open letter to Mojang:

Please ban modding. Stop using this as a crutch to justify rewriting the game internals for years and actually add content that's good again. There are at least a dozen voxel games which have been in development significantly less time than yours and show dramatically better content, visuals and gameplay. You're riding on Notch's coattails and having done anything with this game beyond market the same stinking pile of nothing that you had five years ago.

Love,
Literally your entire fanbase.

>Arcane Engineering is a crossover mod for Thaumcraft and Immersive Engineering which aims to add useful and non-OP features to the game.
>non-OP features
>Node Destabilizer (consumes RF to make nodes hungry)

Where can I get such nice armor?

completely breaking blocks and chunks, if they don't delay it again

no.
preventing modding wouldn't change anything about new content, it would be the same shit to appeal to piss babies.
plus, they couldn't ban modding even if they wanted to.

sounds like someone needs to download more RAM

Sorry user, but Minecraft's meme versions tend to do that bullshit, nothing you can do about it

Can someone create a multiplayer pack of this?

Big Reactors

Someone get in on this.

github.com/GrowthcraftCE/Growthcraft-1.7/issues/441

Dear Fuck off. We're making fat stacks of cash from our mediocre game because there are always more retards who will buy it. You who care about elevating Minecraft beyond meme status are in the minority and we have no reason to listen to any of your suggestions. We will continue to add worthless shit at the behest of our under 10 player base. We will continue to neglect optimization as more powerful systems make up for it. We will frame every update with a fancy poster which will hype what little we care to add as if we have reinvented the same boring shit of which you have long since grown tired. Enjoy your mods, loser.

Regards, Mojang.

Try giving it 5 ram, if its not possible switch to 1.7.10 inmediatly. Also, just saw your pack and its full of mods is insane, a pack that big should have like 6-8 gb, I saw redditors reccomend doing so but cant tell ypu since 40 mods modpacks give me bad fps.

>Ban modding.
Better yet.
1: optimize the fucking game
2: release user-friendly devtools
3:forget it exists.

There is literally nothing wrong with mods. Only with lazy fucks who want to ride on someone else's passionate and hard work.

>For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off
This guy is my bother from another mother, +++ (you)'s Thank you for at least trying to keep OP recent.

Damn, that bad? I thought the whole "1.10.2+" thing was a meme, but jesus, I guess you guys weren't joking. I play on 1.10.2 which isn't nearly as bad.

Lucky I have 16GB to spare.

I've recently been dicking around with this Advanced Rocketry mod, but I hate that the space suit is the only way to survive in a vacuum.
Is there an addon or something out there that lets me transplant the functions of the space suit into, say, the modular powersuits mod?

Oh, how could I forgot.

>Dragon Dildolution.

You guys aren't kidding, even with 8GB this shit lags ten seconds behind in single player. What a shitshow.

Next all your guys' ram performances will say your keep distance +16 , have mipmaps on, have any kind of texture filtering on, and ultimately have optifine with these settings. Optifine fucks up texture optimization in all ways it should be saving memory and cpu. The mod even mem leaks if you swap settings and do not reset.

Nope, but you can disable AR oxygen.
They basically fucked ram usage for cpu usage optimization which is barely noticeable and less if you have 8gb or less. Oh, and they fucked up item rendering so items are beyond fucked and thinga like the thaunomicon dont work anymore.

>Nope, but you can disable AR oxygen.
But I do like the oxygen mechanic. Even if the way the oxygen vents seems to be a bit screwy, at least in the version I was playing

>non-OP features
>a customizable wand that can regenerate infinite amounts of vis

The more I see about 1.10+, the less worthy to play it becomes
>Animania is cute and a good mod but 1.7.10 has Real Livestock Mod
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2724732-realisticlivestock-mod-new-models-for-vanilla-farm
>Embers & Roots are Botania tier
>Rustic as well
>Valkyrian Warfare can be replaced by McHeli, Halocraft, Flans, Star Wars mod
>Techmods are the same or worse in 1.10
>Magic mods are downgraded
>Witchery port is on the way and Thaumcraft is dead so 1.7.10 still got that
>No trains
>A really few amount of nip mods
The only objectively better things of 1.10 are Immersive Engineering and Petroleum, Quark and Conquest. Conquest itsjust if you are into building, but even though its 1.10 it works pretty decently.

Fuck anything else, someone needs to backport IE's new features, already.

What exactly is in IE now that wasn't in 1.7.10?

I would ask Krypton but he is busy with TC3 and TC5 ports so we should do it ourselves.
Turrets, liquid concrete, Some cool machines, a MAWPC crop harvester, more decoration blocks, light shutters and useless stuff like neon lights and tesla suits, still is pretty neat plus Petroleum is a god send.

>>Embers & Roots are Botania tier
As a botania faggot I have to say this is not true at all. Embers & Roots are shit compared to Botania and yes I know /mcg/ doesn't like Botania

If Vazkii is a hack I don't know what I should call Elucent

NEVER EVER

GET FUCKED 1.10+ FAGS

NEVER EVER

TOUGH SHIT 1.7 FAGS

As the guy having trouble with 1.11.2, I haven't had anywhere near that kind of bullshit trouble with 1.10.2. Maybe it was just the mod selection or something, I don't know.

>Tactics Ogre
Nice taste

I was just naming a few of the "original" mods, it wouldnt be worthy to mention Thermal Expansion or Botania since those are on 1.7.10 already with the same or more features.

Mo critters for added bloat, also add the mob mods that add dinos and shit.

Don't forget chocolate quest.

reminds me..
anyone done any fun MineFerrisWheel (yet another brilliant mc1.7-only mod) projects? something like the rotating lighthouse
>embed.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28566125

gogo inspo

>I would ask Krypton but he is busy with TC3 and TC5 ports
"Things I haven't been doing, but should've"

>3,470 downloads

I want to like PrimalCore core. I really do. I want to expanded the flint tools and fire and ash problems of early game.

But there is so much undocumented content that changes the game. The wiki's are empty, any help will be lost in forums threads that web crawlers cannot find.

The mod has partial support for JEI, so much important content not documented. How do you get bark for leather working? How do fish traps work? How do you get the different tiers of strings? Where are all the plants? etc etc.

Why is the new fucking bench not supporting JEI

>Embers & Roots are Botania tier
Botania actually has content though (ripped off from other mods, yeah, but it's content). Embers gives you expensive ways to do boring, basic shit at the cost of non-renewable resources, and on top of it all its horribly counter-intuitive because "muh no gui immersion".
Roots seems to be just babby's first attempt at making a magic mod.

I see Dynamic Surroundings in that pack, and that mod fucking annihilates FPS. It's remarkable. I mean straight chops it in half.

I've noticed some JP mods come as a zip instead of a jar. Do I just change their extension to jar or what?

the sort of mouthbreather that would download that mod would also be the type that considers diamonds rare, and cannot fight at all

they function as is. no need to change them

And TTFR as well, that's even worse. Christ, no wonder you couldn't run anything

Okay, thanks.

I've had it with bean farms.
No matter how hard I try, I can't make a space efficient design without the golems fucking everything up. Why do harvest golems have to be so retarded?

pictured:
rooms with a 5x5 interior with 2 blocks of space between them. Somehow beans are getting planted from other rooms and it's driving me insane.

like seriously does anyone know if there's a fix to this?

Stop using Thaumcraft, that would fix it

But then I wouldn't have a bean farm, user!

Exactly. You could throw those golems right in the trash where they belong too

Paving stones of warding to keep them in the rooms they belong in

>hating on golems
I bet you use GoG

What's GOG got to do with Minecraft?

Except they aren't leaving their rooms.
Harvest golems only have a range of 4 blocks.

Grimoire of Gaia, you ninny

>farms.
>No matter how hard I try, I can't make
>without the golems fucking everything up.
Welcome to golem-managed farms. Hope you don't care about organization.

>Chocolate Quest

Lags me out like nothing else ;(

The Cultural Enrichment Update!

What's the best farming expansion mod? Growthcraft, AgriCraft, Pam's or something else entirely?

I like Growthcraft because you can make lots of beer but that's just me
Pam's can fuck off though

I searched for "Minecraft dragon dildo mod" today.

why

because i thought it would be nice to have dragon dildos in my house i don't know sorry

How do I make it so I don't feel bad about myself for wanting to play Minecraft again?

Heat&Climate with it climate sensitive plants, hot plates, stews, rice stuff, etc.

Unfortunately it's not on 1.7. Either that or I'm blind

keep their workzone in a single chunk and keep it loaded?

"Just use NEI/JEI :^)" has been a common theme in mods